Relationship goals and Power couples pt. 1

Best Days

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on this fic!

Warning: This is 60 percent Jeti, 20 percent yoonyul and 20 percent Wenrene. Hope you guys enjoy! 

 

Happy birthday to Yoonyul's daughter in real life Yerim!

 

I hope you guys enjoy...

 

***

 

It was a melody that Jessica Jung is all too familiar with.

 

The fashion mogul didn’t have to turn away from her Iphone to figure out whose Louboutin’s is making its way down the hallway. It was one of the million charms of Tiffany Hwang, her wife just has a way of stealing people’s attention without meaning to (although Jessica blames it solely on her wife’s narcissism).

 

“Hello Honey.”

 

“Sweetie?” Jessica exchange a polite peck on the cheek. “I could hardly recognize you with that new nose job.”

 

Tiffany’s earnest grin turned fake in a second. “Miss you too, babe. Am I late?”

 

 “You know the party don’t start until Tiffany Hwang walks in.”

 

Tiffany’s face twisted into an irritated scowl. Scowls and frowns that only Jessica Jung have the privilege of seeing. Of course Jessica was being sarcastic, what else is new? This was the nature of their relationship, Jessica poking holes at her wife’s enormous ego and Tiffany spending Jessica’s hard earned money as retaliation.

 

“It’s not a party, Jessi. Our daughter is called to the principal’s office for God’s sake.” Tiffany hissed, low enough so others couldn’t hear, but with just the right amount of venom to make sure Jessica knows she wasn’t playing.

 

“Wendy’s a senior, she’s bound to get in trouble sometime.”

 

“She’s applying for Ivy league schools in the States. Do you think Harvard or Yale would want to see that on her record?”

 

“No Steph, YOU are putting her applications up for these schools. Who knows where Wendy would like to go?”

 

“I thought you wanted what’s best for Wendy?”

 

Jessica considered herself a master on striking back, but this time she forfeited before she and Tiffany began a verbal duel. They both wanted what’s best for their daughter, what they could never agree on was what they think is the best. Tiffany wanted the sun, moon and the entire universe for Wendy, Jessica on the other hand, wanted their girl to just shoot for the stars.

 

She remembered one conversation she had with her younger sister. Krystal as immature and moody as she is, sure made a valid point when she said they were lucky that Wendy didn’t end up in a psych ward for having them as parents.

 

 “Ms. Hwang and Ms. Jung? The Principal is ready to see you now.”

 

*

 

“Seohyun!”

 

Tiffany’s antics should hardly surprise her anymore, but when Tiffany bombarded the principal’s personal space with hugs, Jessica should have known that Tiffany is capable of anything.

 

“Ummm Ms. Hwang…”

 

“Ms. Hwang? Seohyun, you silly girl. Just call me unnie.” Tiffany turns to her wife. “Remember Seohyun, Jessi? I was her sunbae in choir back in high school. She was like a sister to me.”

 

“I’m so sorry about that.” Jessica says apologetically Seohyun, before shooting a triumphant half smirk at Tiffany.

 

“Look at you now, Seohyun. You’re a principal. We were thinking of keeping Wendy in Canada to finish high school. But when we found out that you’re going to the principal, we decided that it would be best for her to come home.”

 

“Ummm, thank you?”

 

“We want to apologize that we didn’t get here as soon as we could. Jessica and I were both tied down in Paris for fashion week.”

 

A disgruntled groan climb out of Jessica’s throat. She has places to go, meetings to be in. The only reason that she was here was because of Wendy, not to listen to Tiffany buttering up to the principal.


“I hate to interrupt, but I just want to know. What is this issue that we have with Wendy?” Jessica cut right to the chase.

 

“Oh yes,” the Principal clears , trying to establish her authority after Tiffany annihilated her position with squeals and hugs. “Your daughter was caught in a compromising position with another student.”

 

“Compromising?” Jessica’s brow shot up. “Was she on top or the bottom?”

 

“What?” It took a few good seconds for it to sink in for the principal. “Oh- no-no-no-n-no-no-no! Nothing to that extent, Wendy was caught kissing another student.”

 

“Wendy kissed someone?!” Tiffany squeals excitedly, her eyes turning into crescents that she was notorious for. “How Exciting!”

 

Oh Jesus Christ, why does her wife had to be so extra?

 

 “Let me guess, Wendy is more of a sapioual, so, I’m guessing the class valedictorian?”

 

“Ummm no?”

 

Tiffany’s bright smile dimmed. “No? Wait… Ah… That might be too nerdy for our Seungwan. Oh, I know. The class president.”

 

“No.”

 

The smile was looking more forced by the minute.

 

“The Captain of the Lacrosse team?”

 

“No… Ms. Hwang-“

 

“No?” Tiffany’s once enthusiastic expression have now turned blank. “I’m getting really confuse here, so, is this girl a nobody?”

 

“Well… not exactly. The girl that Wendy is involved with is actually quite popular in school.”

 

“Popular in a good way or bad way?”

 

“The student calls her a Goddess. She has a good reputation and quite… no…not quite. She’s very beautiful.”

 

“Very Beautiful?”

 

The principal nods in agreement. Wendy was infamous as the all Around Canadian girl, drawing people in with her friendliness and stunning voice, but Irene is the one that everyone secretly set their hearts on. She was simply captivating, a beauty that you thought would only exist in fairy tales. Seohyun have been teaching for almost two decades, but the only girl that she could remember that could steal a heart that easily was Im Yoona.

 

Like mother, like daughter.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well, she got that shallowness from her other mother.” Jessica pointed out. “Well thank you for telling us this, Principal Seo-“

 

“Wait… I wanted to discuss the consequences of your daughter’s action.”

 

Oh no… Here it goes…

 

The unassuming principal signed her death wish if she thought that Tiffany would let her taint their child’s record. Jessica saw the hellish gaze flashed in Tiffany’s eyes, before she regain her composure, Tiffany’s beautiful face twisted in dismay.

 

“Well, Principal Seo. You are right, this is a serious matter. Our Wendy is our number one priority, but this incident,” Tiffany’s gorgeous dark locks swayed in disapproval. “This is very disappointing, and to think that we-

 

“Wait? We?”

 

Jessica really needs to explain to Tiffany what the word “WE” means. Every time Tiffany says we, it’s more of Tiffany and Jessica just getting dragged along with it.

 

“We were planning to surprise Wendy by having Blanc and Enclare sponsor this year’s soccer team uniforms.”

 

“What?!” Jessica launches herself out of her seat and nearly jumped on her wife. But Tiffany remain unfazed with the outburst and instead gripped  Jessica’s hand so tight, her knuckles started turning white.

 

“Oh my!” The stern principal broke into an almost childlike expression. “You… you will? I mean? You were planning on it?”

 

“We were but I’m not sure if we’ll go for it.” Tiffany sighs in mock disappoint once again. “And to think I was going to have some of the idols from Lion Heart entertainment to perform for this year’s pep rally, but after this stunt that Wendy did… I don’t think-“

 

“Wait… wait… wait… Ms. Hwang.” The principal interjected. “I don’t think our school, I mean Wendy should be punished for something high school students do. She had always been such a great student and an inspiration to the rest of the student body. What happened with Wendy and this girl is an act of two young people in love.”

 

Tiffany Hwang, you manipulative son of a . You are a freaking genius.

 

 “You are right, Seohyun. Wendy is an amazing girl and we have always been proud of her achievements. But this- this thing that she did.”

 

“Oh- no-no- no-no… We just contacted you to make sure that were on the same page when it comes to Wendy’s well being.“

 

“I think we are now. See Jessi? I know it wasn’t a mistake to send Wendy back home.”

 

Jessica grumbles, while the Principal smiled with an air of confidence.
 

“Principal Seo, let me tell you this. It will be an honor for both of us to see our Wendy playing her heart out in the stage…

 

“Field, Tiffany.” Jessica corrected.

 

“I meant field wearing her mother’s brand.”

 

“Yes, yes, yes, of course. She is so lucky to have parents as supportive as you and Ms. Jung.” the principal is nodding her head so hard, Jessica wouldn’t be surprise if her head fell off. “Our girls would love that. Thank you, thank you so much, Ms. Hwang, Ms. Jung.”

 

“It’s no problem at all. And oh, one last thing,” Tiffany starts to dig inside her Hermes Birkin bag that had both Seohyun and Jessica mesmerized as if Tiffany was some magician ready to unveil her grand finale.

 

“You have been working so hard, running this school, you deserve a good break, dongsaeng.” 

 

It was Tiffany’s business card. With the way, Seohyun was carrying it, you would have thought Tiffany handed her the crown Jewel of England.

 

“Have you been to Blanc and Eclare in the Galleria?”

 

“Well, I pass by there, but I don’t really get anything.”

 

“Pass by? Nonsense! After work today, I want you to go to Blanc and Eclare and spoil yourself.”

 

“Oh no, no, no, no- I couldn’t-“ Seohyun starts to tugging on her collar as the air of Tiffany Hwang is starting to suffocate her. “My budget couldn’t really allow me to splurge on Blanc and Eclare.”

 

“Me too!” Tiffany agrees “There is no way I could afford those sunglasses, if it wasn’t for the 15 percent discount that I got for banging the owner.”

 

If the principal was feeling awkward earlier, Tiffany just made it a hell worse.

 

“So, don’t you worry,” Tiffany continues, “I will call the store that you’re going to come.”

 

“But…”

 

“No buts… I want you to enjoy and besides,” The gorgeous woman blinded Seohyun with her smile, before flashing a triumphant half smirk at Jessica. “Jessica insists…”

 

Jessica started letting out low growls like she’s seconds away from spontaneously combusting.

 

This is for Seungwan… This is for Seungwan… This is for Seungwan…

 

“Well, now everything is settled, what was it that you were saying again?”

 

“I ummm… well, thank you! Thank you so much.”

 

“If you need anything, Seo. Anything at all, don’t ever hesitate to ask.”

 

“Yes, no problem, Ms. Hwang.”

 

“What have I been telling you? Call me unnie.”

 

Tiffany flashes Seohyun a blinding smile

 

And that was the money shot right there, the one that cemented the status back in their favor.

 

Sometimes it puzzles Jessica how she and Tiffany stayed in a relationship as long as they did, but after seeing how Tiffany can manipulate anyone with flowery words and promises, and mesmerize them with the potency of her smile, Jessica couldn’t be more certain.

 

*

 

Now this was the kind of expression Jessica was never used to.

 

The eye smile was gone, the smile was gone, the Goddess in Tiffany was gone. In fact right now, as Tiffany stares out into the bustling city through the car window she looked vulnerable, pained and for once human.

 

This expression was so rare that Jessica forgot that this part of Tiffany even exist.

 

The last time the fashion mogul saw the CEO look remotely close to a mortal was during high school. It was after a performance, it was the day Taeyeon walked hand in hand with that mutt Baekho or was it Baechin? Who even gives a damn about Taeyeon’s boi?

 

Jessica can’t believe she still gets herself riled up over that thought.

 

They were there in the crowd and how Tiffany manage to knock out her song without a crack or a stammer until now still surprise Jessica. After the performance, Tiffany bowed gracefully to the crowd before walking away.

 

It didn’t take Jessica more than a few seconds to find Tiffany huddled inside the crummy janitor’s closet, knees pulled into her chest, back heaving and crying her broken heart out.

 

And right now, Jessica felt like she’s staring at the crying girl in the closet again. She’s older now and grew out of her emotional burst but the expression is still so clear in her eyes, the eyes that showed nothing but a breaking heart.

 

This is the girl that Jessica swore she’ll pick up every shattered pieces.

 

“Here.”

 

Tiffany turns away from the organize chaos of the city and towards her wife, who’s handing her a bottled water. Words are never a thing with Jessica, so this gesture was her way of asking are you okay without having to look like a pile of mush.

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany’s scowls as the alcohol burned in . “This is vodka!”

 

“I have a meeting with Shindong later. Do you think I could deal with the misogynistic fat sober?”

 

“Thanks,” Tiffany smiles, a more sincere yet more regal this time around before taking another sip.

 

Tiffany actually swore to herself that she was a good mother. She and Jessica might not see each other eye to eye but both of them gives Wendy the life most people would be jealous of. They didn’t just give Wendy a life where she could fit in, they gave their daughter everything to make her stand out.

 

She can’t believe a trip to the principal’s office was what it took for the truth to slap her in the face.

 

It’s pretty damning now that Tiffany thinks about it. She kept all her talents relationships on a tight leash, knew who they’re dating or who they’re interested in before they could even get a chance to breathe it out. But here she is, her own daughter and she had no idea that she’s interested on someone, let alone fell in love with somebody.

 

She and her wife always to keep in touch with Wendy, try to call or at least text each other constantly. They talk about the grand moments and noteworthy accomplishments, but never about the little things in between.

 

Not about how Wendy did on her test last week.

 

Not about what Wendy is watching on TV these days.

 

Not about what songs is Wendy humming lately…

 

And now, not about the girl she had fallen in love with.

 

And now that they really thought about it, they really don’t know much about their daughter at all.

 

 “It’s no big deal, Steph.”

 

“What is? That our daughter is dating and we both don’t know about it?”

 

“Miyoung,” Jessica mutters in Tiffany’s Korean name, another sign of her bizarre affection. “What I mean is, that Wendy likes someone.  It’s part of being a seventeen year old.”

 

“Really?”

 

“17 year olds don’t tell their parents everything. You can’t be bestfriends with her, because you’re her mom. You have to be a mom.”

 

“Omo!”

 

Gosh she just bare out her soul to her wife, but Tiffany was more focus on what’s on her phone.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m not friends with Seungwan in IG or Facebook or Twitter!”

 

“What did I just talk to you about being a mom?!”

 

“Yes but… even my idols wants to be friends with me.”

 

“They’re not your kids.”

 

“But… but…but… I should invite her.”

 

“She’s gonna block you, she doesn’t want you all up in her business.”

 

“But she’s my child, she is my business.”

 

Their conversation got heated that they didn’t realize that they were almost home, until their gated fence

The driver pulls in front of their palatial home, opening the doors to let the two queens stepped out of their Silver chariot, walking to their home like they’re in a photoshoot.

 

It felt good to be home, but not when this is the first thing you see.

 

The fashion designer quickly narrows her eyes at the sight that welcomed her. She hadn’t been home for almost 3 weeks and the first thing that she saw was the lump of disappointment chilling on her couch.

 

“Yah”

 

“What the hell?!” Her sister jumps off the couch, annoyed at the interruption.

 

Jessica scoffs, what were her parents thinking having a child when she was already 18 years old? Now their parents are tucked away in a vineyard somewhere in California while she had to deal with the immature brat who after graduating university decided to be self employed in her couch.

 

“You are supposed to be Wendy’s guardian!”

 

“I am! What do you want me to do? Go 21 jumpstreet on her just so I could spy on her in school?!”

 

“Maybe if you have done that, she wouldn’t have gotten herself in trouble.”

 

Krystal scoffs, “I went over there to talk to the principal, but she said oh no, This is a serious matter that I should discuss with her parents! And I’m like…” The aunt raises her hand in mock surrender. “Suit yourself .”

 

“You actually said that?”

 

“No, but in my head I did. And you know what they say, it’s the thought that counts.”

 

“Whatever you brat.”

 

“I don’t know why you are so worried about what happen, Wendy is doing great.  She’s got all A’s in school, her first game is in a few weeks and Irene is like…”

 

“Irene? Who’s Irene?”

 

“Her girlfriend of almost one month, duh! Did you two even saw her? Of course not… Let me educate you about the love life of Wendy Hwang- Jung Seungwan.”

 

The two moguls look at each other curiously before they heed to the younger Jung’s beckoning. The two sat opposite of the younger girl, eyes watching intently as Krystal pulls out a video from youtube.

 

“Irene is a member of the dance team with Seulgi.”

 

“I know Seulgi!” Tiffany says excitedly. “She’s Wendy’s BFF.”

 

“I know Seulgi too!”

 

“You two, this is about Wendy,” Krystal clicks on a thumbnail. “This was the school’s dance team performance. And that’s Seulgi.”

 

Krystal points to the girl both charismatic and adorable with the cutest set of eyes at the center, Jessica and Tiffany gave each other knowing looks.

 

“And that-” Krystal pointed to the fair skinned Goddess standing to Seulgi’s right. “is Irene…”

 

God damn she’s beautiful, both mothers thought out loud.

 

Tiffany should be an expert on this, despite her status as CEO she still comes to every weekly check on her idols and trainees picking out their flaws and disadvantages without batting an eye. But this girl, this Irene, her every angle is simply stunning. The way she dance was almost hypnotic, every motion so fluid and sensual. It reminded her of a classmate she had in high school who could lure people with how she dance.

 

Kwon Yuri, yup… the girl who can get others pregnant with her body rolls.

 

“She should be an idol.”

 

“Leave her alone, Miyoung. She’s much suited as a model.”

 

“You two cut it out! Are you both actually thinking of profiting from your future daughter in law?”

 

The two stopped, embarrassment settling in at how Krystal had a more valid point than them.

 

“Wendy is still quite shy about Irene.  I wouldn’t know if I hadn’t blackmail her for it.”

 

“Did you just admitted to blackmailing our child?”

 

Krystal waves off her sister, she is taller than her now, there’s no need to be intimidated by a midget.

 

“The point is…  be subtle about this, it’s not like she’s going to open up about having a girlfriend the second you guys see each other.”

 

“Subtle…” Tiffany smiles proudly. “I could be subtle.”

 

The sisters both let out a scoff in response. But the bully Tiffany moment was interrupted when they heard rubber soles shuffling against their hardwood floor.

 

“Aunt Krys, I got you dinner for- Mom?”

 

This was quite a sight to walk in, Wendy thought. The adults in her life with a dumb expression on their faces, mouth gaping open, nostrils flaring and eyes widened in shock. This would be how teenagers would look like if they’re caught watching .

 

“Alright! Did I mention to you, you’re my fave niece?”

 

“I’m your only niece.” Wendy smiles before welcoming her parents back home with hugs. “I thought you guys are coming home next week. If I knew it was today, I could have ordered dinner or something.”

 

 “You don’t need to darling… So, how’s Irene?” Tiffany asks, the subtlety completely flew out the window.

 

Wendy’s brows shot up in all direction.

 

“Aunt Krystal you told them?!”

 

“No! Principal Seo did.”

 

“Omo… I’m so sorry!” Wendy’s brows bowed down apologetically. “It won’t happen again.”

 

“Nonsense sweetheart.” Tiffany tugs their daughter to join them in the couch. “It’s all been taken care of. So? About Irene?”

 

“Ummm… what about her?”

 

Wendy smiles awkwardly at all three of them just watch at her intently from across the couch. This scenario reminded Wendy of what a trip to the psychiatrist would be like, the patient spilling out all their thoughts and the doctor (or in her case three others) finding a remedy.

 

But Wendy don’t think she’s ever going to need a cure from Irene.

 

Oh Damn she’s cheesy…

 

“Ummm…what would you guys like to know?”

 

“The people you date in high school are the ones you couldn’t forget, or would want to forget about. So, either way she’s going to be special. So just spill.”

 

Her mom Jessica didn’t waste a second.

 

“Well, I ummm… I sorta… ummm.” Wendy paused as she sort out the right definition for Irene and her feelings for her. “I saw her during freshmen year and she was already quite beautiful then…”

 

“So, you were thirsting for her?”

 

Why are the Jung sisters so friggin blunt?

 

“No, no, no, no, no… I had a crush on her, but I couldn’t make a move cause she’s like this… this… I don’t know, she’s-” Wendy felt herself at a lost again. “like when she’s around nothing else exist, but the moment she turns my way I can’t even move a muscle. I freeze or something.”

 

“So, cheesy…” Krystal cut through Wendy’s confession. “Now go on, go on.”

 

“I finally asked her friend Joy for help this year because I don’t think I could ever live with myself if I don’t at least try.”

 

“Oh God, you are so freaking slow! You waited three years?”

 

“But it’s worth it! She’s in the same year as me and she’s in the dance team. She’s an amazing dancer.”

 

“Oh? We didn’t know that.” Tiffany lies behind her seemingly innocent smile. “And?”

 

“She’s the eldest among two girls, her parents are really cool.”

 

“Who are her parents?”

 

“Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Holy Effing God, those two horn dogs actually ended up together? Mind blown!”

 

“Tell your moms how you were caught making out!”

 

“We weren’t!” Wendy’s cheeks turns an embarrassing red. “We just kiss, and people just made up stories. We weren’t doing anything wrong.”

 

“So, have you two already did it?” Jessica asks.

 

Krystal shook her head groaning at how these two adults don’t have any idea what the word subtle means.

 

“What? I was just curious.”

 

“That’s something our child wouldn’t want to reveal to us, Jessica.” Tiffany pats her daughter in the hand, looking apologetic for the way her other mom just open the can of worms. “I never thought we will be in this situation, but now that we are here. Maybe we should talk about it.”

 

“Talk about what?”

 

“Wan, Krystal showed us her picture, she’s the definition of Bae.”

 

The blush in Wendy’s cheeks never left her face, but now only grew deeper at the thought of Irene.

 

“Yes, she’s really gorgeous, but it’s not only that. She’s sweet and caring.”

 

“And you are probably curious.”

 

“Curious about what?”

 

Tiffany’s lips broaden in a smile, she might missed out some tidbits on Wendy’s love life but this time, she’ll bulldoze her way in Wendy’s life.

 

“Do you know how two girls do it?”

 

“Huh?! W-what?”

 

“Oh boy.” Krystal chuckles, she leaned back on her favorite couch. The Jetiwen show is much more entertaining than anything else on TV.

 

“Mom-” Wendy tries to weasel her away out of this, but knowing how persistent both her parents are, she resigned to her fate. “You don’t have to talk about this.”

 

“If we won’t talk about it then who will? Your aunt Krystal who’s going to die a ?”

 

“Leave me out of this!”

 

“Mom, I told you its okay. Me and Irene we're not thinking about that.”

 

“Pffft Liar.”

 

“Jessi!”

 

“What?! Your girlfriend is Bae, Seungwan, and she can dance! Do you know what they said about dancers?”

 

“No mom, I don’t.”

 

“They’re like Adidas, Wan. Impossible is nothing.”

 

“I don’t even understand what that means!”

 

This conversation is getting more and more awkward by the second, and if Wendy could have jumped out of the window to escape this “talk” she would have got up and did a running start, before launching herself out.

 

“It means whatever you imagine, Irene can probably do it.”

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany hissed between her clenched teeth, her wife sure has no idea what being subtle means. “This is not how this conversation should go.”

 

“What? You wanted to do the talk, I’m doing the talk.”

 

Tiffany dismissed her wife’s stubbornness and focused on her daughter.

 

“What me and your mom here is trying to say is, you should wait. When the right time comes, when you two are in the right place, you would know. And trust me, when it happens, it’s going to be worth the wait. It will be a beautiful moment.”

 

And while Tiffany is lecturing about pureness and celibacy, the Jung sisters are shaking their heads in disagreement.

 

“Jessi, do you want to add something?”

 

“Watch .”

 

“What? That’s the best way to learn… or French films…”

 

“Blue is the warmest color.” Krystal added.

 

“I agree.”

 

The two sisters agreed on one thing for once.

 

“Sooyeon is that what you want to teach your child?! Why are you even trying to learn from those?
It’s not realistic!”

 

“That’s because you’re not Adidas, Miyoung, you’re just Nike, you just do it.”

 

“Jessica Jung!!” Tiffany’s face blushed a bright red, appalled at what her wife is implying.

 

“I ummm mom, as much as I wanted to talk to you guys about this… I really have to go.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Ummm… Me and Irene are going to watch some movies at her place. I just came home to change, but ummm… if you guys want to hangout today I could tell Irene-”

 

“No, no, no, no go… go.”

 

Her mom shooed her away so easily, that it made Wendy a bit cautious.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes! Yes! Sweetheart.”

 

“You two are gonna Netflix and chill?” Krystal asked.

 

“No.no.no.no.no.no.no… Netflix doesn’t have current movie selections.”

 

“But you’re still gonna chill though?”

 

“No… Yes… I mean not the way they define chill anymore, were just gonna hangout.”

 

Krystal leans on her sister before whispering.

 

“That’s a code for hot, animalistic .”

 

“No it’s not! I don’t-” Wendy took one huge breath. “Honestly, I don’t think of Irene that way. I waited three years to be with her, and I’m not rushing anything. I respect her and I would never want her to think that I’m only with her because of that.”

 

The weight of their daughter’s words was enough to silence the usual chatty couple. Jessica glance at her wife, the worry that Tiffany had earlier was wiped away and the gaze in those gorgeous eyes were b with so much pride and amazement at their daughter.

 

 “We must have save a nation in our past life to deserve a daughter like Seungwan.”

 

And for once, Jessica couldn’t help but nod.

 

“I agree.”

 

*

 

 Aish…

 

If there was one certain flaw to someone close to perfection as Yoona, it was how much she hated waiting. She hated waiting in line, hated when people are late for meetings, but most of all, she hated how her wife says she’ll be ready in ten, when she actually means an hour.

 

“Yul! Let's go!”

 

“Hold on, Yoong! God! You are so impatient.” Her wife calls out from their bedroom.

 

Her wife was right and Yoona had no problems admitting that. She was the type of person whose showered, dress and made up all in a span of 20 minutes, and until now she couldn’t fathom how Yuri spends almost an hour to do what she could do in a half the time.

 

“Don’t do this with Wendy, Hyun.” Yoona advices their daughter, who have been slaving away in the kitchen the entire Friday after school.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t tell her you’ll be ready in 5 minutes and make her wait. It’s a major turn off. How is she by the way? Is she climbing any trees recently?”

 

“Mom,” Irene whined. Until now, her parents wouldn’t let her forget about the crazy stunt her girlfriend pulled. “She only did it once.”

 

Yoona dives in at the red velvet cupcakes that Irene pulled out from the oven. Irene was about to stop her mom, but Yoona was quick to take a bite, and even quicker to spit it out.

 

“Oh my God. Irene, what did you put in there?”

 

“It’s bad?”

 

“No. It’s terrible!”

 

She took one cupcake, eyeing her mom suspiciously, and hesitation takes over her as she thinks of whether to take a bite. She followed every step in the cookbook, there is no possible way that it could be that bad, right?

 

She took a bite and felt her soul breaking…

 

 This must be the cupcakes that they serve in the bakeries of hell.

 

 “So, I am right?”

 

Joy burst in the kitchen doors, walking over the kitchen counter and sniffing excitedly at the cake ready for her.

 

 “You actually smell it from your house?”

 

“I know right? Sometimes I think I’m a superhero.”

 

“With the power to smell and eat everything, that’s pretty legit powers right there.”

 

“Thanks, aunt Yoong!”

 

 Joy took a bite of one, the sheer joy on her face turned into disgust at the first bite. “What the heck is this?”

 

“Fine! It’s horrible.”

 

“Finally!” Yoona raised her hand as her wife struts in the kitchen, hands on her nape as she struggles trying to clasp her necklace. Yoona tried to hold on to her will, unwilling to be swayed with how stunning Yuri is in her blue dress. She kept her annoyed expression, hoping her wife takes the hint. Unfortunately, Yuri is too distracted with putting on her necklace to even notice.

 

Yoona sighs in frustration before taking her wife’s jewelry and clasping her wife’s necklace for her.

 

She will just have to teach her about punctuality some other time.

 

“I don’t know why you look so good, you know I’m just taking you to McDonalds, right?”

 

Yuri just smiles smugly at her wife. Yoona could say anything that she likes but Yuri knows the power she had over the girl. If Yuri would have wanted to fly out to Paris tonight, Yoona would have been calling the travel agency to book their trip.

 

“Are we ready to go?”

 

“Hold on a minute…”

 

Irene could hear her mommy Yoona mutters something under her breath, which sounds closely to packing sheet.

 

“Just order some food for tonight, okay?” Yuri motions to Yoona, Yoona blinks in confusion until Yuri tilts her head again.

 

“Oh…” Yoona pulls out her credit card from her wallet and lay it on the granite counter.

 

Joy watches in amazement how Yuri and Yoona communicate with nods and head tilts instead of words.

 

“Make sure your sister started with her homework and check it. She gets lazy sometimes before she starts playing her zombie game, okay?”

 

“Yes mom. Oh yes, Wendy is coming over tonight. Were just gonna watch a movie.”

 

Yuri turns to Yoona expecting her to say something, but Yoona just shrugs. Yuri groans again, why does her wife always has to play the good cop?

 

“Okay, but she stays downstairs.”

 

“Yes mom, don’t worry.”

 

“Okay, remember I’ll ask Yerim if something happens. Yerim!” Yuri calls out for her youngest child.

 

No reply from their baby.

 

“Yerim?!”

 

The crickets chirped louder than their daughter.

 

“Yerim!” Yoona screams, and when Yoona raises her voice, both daughters know that she means business.

 

“Wae?” Their youngest daughter screams out from her bedroom.

 

“We're leaving.”

 

“Buy me food!”

 

“Come here and give your mommies a kiss goodbye, baby.”

 

“No!” The stubborn Yerim protested.

 

“Come here now!” Yuri didn't ask, she commanded.

 

Yerim growls in disapproval. Sometimes she wonders if her parents coddle her just to see her blow a gasket.

 

“Come here.” Yuri motions their youngest who is dragging herself down the stairs. Her cute face twisted in an adorable frown, hoping to intimidate her parents that she’s not to be mess with.

 

Her parents just think she’s an adorable grump.

 

“Bye baby.” She kisses Yerim on the cheek.

 

“Bye…” Yerim frowns, submitting to her parents’ adoration. “Buy me food.”

 

It was Yoona’s turn now, she squeezes Yerim’s cheeks playfully, before saying.

 

“You listen to your unnie, do you understand me?”

 

“Sure… sure…”

 

“And be your unnie’s bodyguard tonight, make sure they don’t do anything.”

 

Irene frowns, Yerim quickly smiles.

 

“Okay…”

 

“Make sure they don’t hold hands, or kiss… or even if they even just glance at the stairs you call me straight away, do you hear me?”

 

Yerim is now glowing in happiness now, anything that allows her to make her sister miserable delights her more than anything in this world.

 

“I’m here you know!” Irene protests.

 

“Your mommy Yoona is just kidding, Hyun.” Yuri kisses her eldest in the hair for her wife’s trolling.

 

“Do good and we’ll-“

 

“Buy me food?”

 

Yerim’s eyes flutter, trying to charm at least one of her mom to submit to her demands.

 

“We’ll buy you salad with chicken on it.”

 

Yerim narrows her eyes at her parents, did she just stepped out of her room for this? Yuri kisses Irene on the cheek.

 

“Bye, love. Don’t wait up for us.”

 

“I will. You guys enjoy.”

 

“I’ll be in my room!” Yerim zoom past the two as soon as her parents stepped out of the kitchen door. From the windows, Joy and Irene could see how they still walk hand in hand.

 

Joy sighs, “That’s relationship goals right there.”

 

“Yeah, they are.” Irene hardly agrees with Joy but this time she does.

 

“They’re probably gonna get their freak on.”

 

Irene squeals and starts hitting Joy relentlessly, hoping it'll shut her up. “Could you not please?”

 

“That’s a good thing! Oh! I bet that’s what they’re going to do, make another baby.”

 

“No it’s not! Could you stop? That’s my parents you are talking about!”

 

“I know, shouldn’t you be happy? Your parents are young, they could give Yerim a baby sister.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

Irene shakes her head furiously, hoping it would shake off the mental picture of her parents.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

But her question came a few seconds too late, when Joy already has a hand on her mom’s credit card and her cellphone cradled on the other.

 

“Yes, it’s me Joy… Hello Kyung oppa.”

 

Joy covers the phone receiver, whispering to Irene.

 

“It’s the pizza delivery guy.”

 

“You’re on a first name basis with the pizza delivery guy?”

 

Her frenemy raises her finger to hush the girl.

 

“Yes the usual, of course double on the pepperoni, bacon, sausage and all the meats. Yeah, deliver it in Irene’s house. What? You will throw in a free Hawaiian pizza if Irene opens the door?”

 

He has a crush on you… Joy mouthed to her bestfriend.

 

Irene opens to protest, but shut it back again when she realize what a waste of breath it will be. Once Joy is on a roll there is no going back. This wasn’t the first time that Joy pimped her out for food and Irene doubts it will be the last. One time Joy found out that the girl in the chicken shop likes Irene and started selling information about her in exchange for Fried Chicken.

 

“Deal!”

 

Irene has her hands almost wrapped around Joy’s throat, ready to strangle the life out of this girl.

 

“See you oppa!”

 

“Did you just sell me out for pizza?”

 

“All you have to do is open the door, pay him and maybe flip your hair and smile. That’s it. It’s not like you’re sleeping with him… geez…”

 

Trust Joy to mess up her date with Wendy.

 

“Wendy is gonna be here in a bit. Why are you even here?”

 

“Ouch Irene.” Joy clutches her chest. “Is that what you say to your bestfriend?”

 

“We’re not bestfriends.”

 

“Yes we are.” Joy smiles, unphased by Irene’s denial. “Why? who’s your bestfriend? Wannie?”

 

“Well… yeah?”

 

“Wrong! When you hear people talk about that their lover is their bestfriend, that’s complete bull. You need someone who you could vent out your frustrations on about your lover, someone who you could spaz about them… you know, just like how your moms are with my mom.”

 

Now that certainly raise Irene’s curiosity.

 

“Really? So what does my moms say about each other?”

 

Joy shrugs. “I don’t know, like your mommy Yoona is really aggressive in bed?”

 

Irene started smacking Joy, regretting that she even bothered to ask.

 

Ding. Dong.

 

“Oh he’s already here, see what love can do, Irene? Now go open the door.”

 

“No… I have a girlfriend now.”

 

“Dammit Irene, it’s not like you’re cheating on Wendy!”

 

“It sure feels like it.”

 

“No, it isn’t!”

 

“Yes!” Joy used her strength to shove Irene to the door.

 

“Hi…”

 

“Oh, it’s just you.”

 

Joy’s vision darkens at the sight of the almond eyed cutie waving in slow mo at them. This wasn’t how she planned it to be, more people, less pizza for her.

 

“Hey Seul…”

 

Irene steps to the side to welcome the girl in her house.

 

There were two kinds of Seulgi.

 

There was the one that everyone could see, the one they constantly see in stage, mesmerizing everyone with her charismatic performance, then, there is this adorable, dumb bear who walks in slow mo and could make everyone scratch their heads or bang their heads with her ideas.

 

“Hey! How come you welcome her to your house and you practically threw me out?!” Joy yells in disapproval.

 

“Cause she’s nicer.”

 

“You’re just up because she’s Wendy’s bestfriend.”

 

“I got you this.” Seulgi stuck her hand out in front of Joy, handing her a bag.

 

“Wait… what’s this?” Joy says in dismay as she digs through it.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I said get me anything except sour patch kids. And you got me friggin sour patch kids!” Joy shakes the bag angrily.

 

“Oh… ooops?”

 

Irene snickers at the background. This is one reason that Irene likes Seulgi so much, because the teddy bear is the only one who could effortlessly rile up Joy.

 

“I guess I didn’t hear the except part.”

 

“You think?! Geez Seul-”

 

“Are you? Are you mad at me?”

 

Both Irene and Joy steps back as they saw a fat tear roll down Seulgi’s cheek.

 

“Wa-wait… are you crying?”

 

“I… I can’t help it.”

 

A loud thud landed on Joy’s back as Irene tries to knock the girl back into her senses.

 

“You made Seulgi cry. Apologize!”

 

“For what?”

 

“Apologize now!”

 

“I…I…I…” Joy groans, sorry was never in her vocabulary. “You know what? You know what I feel like eating right now?”

 

Seulgi shakes her head, while her face is still buried in her hands.

 

“I feel like eating sour patch kids.”

 

Seulgi looks up, the face of an innocent toddler being forgiven.

 

“Really?”

 

“For real.” Joy opens up a bag and swallows. For someone who pretty much inhale any food in sight, to dislike a particular food was an abomination, but here she is, swallowing sour patch as a form of apology.

 

It wasn’t much but for Seulgi and Irene, they knew this is as good as an apology as they could get.

 

Ding. Dong

 

“Quick Irene! The door! The door!”

 

“I’m gonna do everything I can to turn off your pizza guy.”

 

“No! don’t you dare do that.”

 

Irene sticks out her tongue at Joy, swinging the door opens and yelling out.

 

“What do you want?!”

 

Wendy and Irene’s jaws drop. From behind her, she could hear Joys evil cackle resonating from the depths of hell.

 

God, I hate the girl.

 

“I’m so, so, so, so sorry Wan.”

 

“Oh no, no, no don’t worry about it.” Wendy turns away, scratching her head in wonder.

 

 “Oh God!” Joy says in frustration, when is this endless disappointment going to end?

 

“Oh hey guys.” Wendy greeted the two, if she was disappointed not to have Irene for herself, she did not show it.

 

“Joy and Seul are here, I guess it’s gonna be a group date.”

 

Wendy smiles, anything that has her close to Irene is more than enough for her.

 

“Isn’t this fun?!” Seulgi squeals in delight before wrapping her arms around her buddies. “I love group dates!”

 

Despite her initial protest of having Joy and Seulgi joining her and Wendy, Irene couldn’t help but agree more.

 

And besides, she could have Wendy all to herself any day that she likes.

 

TBC

 

Next update is yoonyul date and the kids group date. Hope you all enjoy the update! Thank you for reading.