Relationship goals and Power couples pt. 2

Best Days

 

There was something about the word okay that was enough to comfort Yuri. Her wife Yoona was never into flowery words or sappy confessions, and her usual answer for Yuri’s never ending questions were an it’s okay.

 

It wasn’t always like that. Yuri could remember before in the earlier parts of their marriage where Yoona’s okays was enough to enrage her. It didn’t help her case when her own mother already had pre conceived notions about Yoona, always criticizing Yoona’s role with a haughty scoff or a disdained look.

 

They were better off with a normal family.

 

Her mother said it loud and clear once when she was visiting Yuri and the girls in their cramp studio apartment. Yuri thought that despite how harsh those words were, her mother never really meant any harm. It was her version of tough love, hoping it could knock some sense into her daughter that having someone as immature as Im Yoona to provide for them is not an option. Not at all.

 

But Yuri wonders if her mother even know how much those words weigh down on her already heavy heart. How those words would claw on Yuri’s composure. How she silently questions herself, what were they thinking trying to raise two kids in an apartment with barely any room to move or even breathe?

 

When she mentioned her mother’s grating words to her wife, Yoona just responded with a nonchalant shrug and her infamous okay.

 

“We’ll be okay. Look at them, they’re okay.” Before making silly faces that made their girls laugh like it’s the funniest thing in the world.

 

It was probably part of Yoona’s charm or maybe her skin was much thicker than the rest, because nothing and no one seems to unfazed her.  It was one of the things that Yuri, the worrier that she is, couldn’t stand about Yoona. Like during high school, Yuri was the one who said I love you first, which Yoona answered with a cold “Oh okay…” followed by a “ummm… you too.”

 

 For quite some time, Yuri believed that Yoona only dated her for the .

 

Now that she thought about it, she could count in one hand how many times Yoona actually said “I love you” first.

 

She wasn’t sure if it has to do with the conversation or it was something else, but it felt like she was seeing Yoona less and less those days. With her going to law school during the day, and Yoona working as a hotel receptionist at night, the only moment they have is a kiss that Yuri couldn’t decipher whether it was a goodbye or hello before Yuri steps out. The last thing she sees is the delighted faces of their two girls when Yoona brings home red bean or strawberry pops.

 

And as she rode the subway to university, as she tried to pay attention in class, as she studied late at night and watches their two beautiful girls sleeping in their twin size bed, the words that her mother sowed started growing thorns, wrapping themselves around Yuri’s heart.

 

They were better off with a normal family with a mother and father providing for them.

 

They were better off with a normal family with a home and a backyard.

 

They were better off with a normal family with parents who have an idea how to raise children.

 

Those words were starting to sink in, drowning Yuri in more doubts and insecurities and being married to someone as carefree as Yoona, whose only words of reassurance was a “We’ll be okay” was making it harder than she thought.

 

It was her conversation with Sooyoung that saved her. It came out as a joke really, something Sooyoung was never really meant to spill. Out of the many times Yuri wished Sooyoung would hush, this was a rare moment which Yuri was glad she didn’t because she couldn’t fathom what would happen to them now if she didn’t know.

 

If she remembered correctly, it was during a playdate between their girls when Sooyoung joked if Yoona was still alive and Yuri answered her with a yeah and a roll of the eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because she volunteers to take everyone shifts at the hotel. She even asked Hyoyeon if she knows another place that’s hiring.”

 

Sooyoung probably didn’t know how much it meant to Yuri, as Yuri just threw herself on Sooyoung as she burst into tears. For once, the motor mouth Sooyoung was at a loss for words, patting Yuri on the back. It was only when Irene screamed when Joy nibbled on her toy iron that Yuri pulled away, smiling as she felt the burden in heart finally lifted.

 

It was when Yuri finally realize how lucky in love she is to be loved by Yoona. How after all these years, Yuri never really knew the extent of how much Yoona truly loves her and their girls. How Yoona was never good with words, but instead shows Yuri and Irene and Yerim the true meaning of an I love you.

 

Her wife that never complains. How no matter how tired she was still walks in with a huge smile on her face, and above all, how she will do everything she can even if it kills her to make sure that her family is okay.

 

It was time for her to show Yoona that she’s okay too…

 

If it wouldn’t look to weird, Yoona would have crawled out of the hotel if she could. It was her 7th straight day and her boss finally shooed her away to get a day off.

 

She was barely standing and how managed to do that, she would never know. When she looks up, it finally made sense how she’s still on two feet despite feeling close to dying from exhaustion.

 

“Mama!”

 

The two girls raced towards her as fast as their little, chubby legs could.

 

“Argh my little munchkins!” Yoona lifted both the girls up in the air and in her embrace, showered them with kisses before peeking through Irene’s hair at her smiling wife. “Yul?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Were you gonna be late for school? Wait- it’s Sunday… But are you-“

 

Yuri silenced Yoona’s apology with a sweet kiss. A kiss interrupted when the girls started yelling pop, pop.

 

“The girls and I were thinking maybe we should get a pop together.”

 

“Really?” Yoona turns to the two, “You guys want to buy pop with mama?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Alright… how about we go grab some breakfast then eats some pop?”

 

Yuri chuckles as Yoona was getting attacked by kisses by their little ones.

 

Yoona peeked through her girls again and steal a kiss from her. Yuri realized maybe she’s not much of an I love you type like she imagined herself to be. That her and Yoona’s love story isn’t about the grand gestures or the sappy confessions but it was this, the things they do to carry each other when they could barely stand.

 

And with someone as Yoona by her side, finally, made Yuri realize that she’ll be okay, her family is going to be okay.

 

***

 

 “Yul?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“You’re smiling the entire time. Are you thinking of what I’m going to do to you tonight which is why you’re smiling like this?”

 

“Im Yoona! You're such a ert.”

 

Yoona already anticipated what her wife was going to do, catching Yuri’s hand before she smacks her in the chest. The doe eyes laughs at her wife’s failed attempt, before spreading Yuri’s fingers apart to intertwine her fingers together. She kissed Yuri’s hand to appease her wife’s adorable frown.

 

“So, where do you wanna go, Yul?”

 

“I’ll let you pick this time.”

 

Yoona raised a curious brow, being cautious of her wife. Sometimes Yuri’s job as a prosecutor rubs off on her role as a wife and her mother, all of Yuri’s words have a hidden meaning to it, a heavier price than what she intended too.

 

“I’m not gonna fall for that again.”

 

Yoona says, Yuri’s hand still wrapped tightly in her hold. Yuri ended up laughing whole heartedly, before rewarding Yoona with a kiss on her hand.

 

“Okay, I think I know the perfect place.”

 

*

 

Too scary…

 

Too cheesy…

 

Too weird…

 

Too boring…

 

“Could you make up your damn minds?!”

 

Never had Seulgi’s eyes widened so much, until she saw the murderous look on Irene’s face. The usually calm girl looks like she’s ready to fling the remote control on some hapless victim if they don’t pick a movie in the next 30 seconds.

 

“Do you see this, Wendy? This is the girl you like.”

 

This was a whole new light to see Irene short tempered and annoyed. But Wendy just replied with a…

 

“Just pick a movie already.”

 

“You know what? Were grown, we know those scary movies aren’t real. I say we watch them.”

 

Joy proposed the idea, or more of did it to taunt the rest. 

 

“But- but-but-“

 

“Why Seulgi… are you scared?”

 

The sound of the doorbell ring was enough to interrupt Joy’s evil master plan to rob the girls of any sleep.

 

“Irene! It must be pizza guy oppa, go open it.”

 

“Wait… why?”

 

Wendy asked her voice laced with curiosity and a small dose of jealousy. Joy cups Wendy in the shoulder, ready to school the naïve girl on the necessary things for survival.

 

“If South Korea offers Irene to Kim Jong Un, we wouldn’t have this problem. You have to learn how to use it-this gift- wisely.”

 

“What?” Wendy asks, still naïve of Irene’s powers, it wasn’t until she saw the expression of the pizza guy that it made complete sense to her. That everyone is thirsty for her girl.

 

“How much is it?” Irene says as discouraging as she could to the star struck pizza guy.

 

“Ummm… ummm…ummm…ummm… it’s for free, it’s free Irene-shii.”

 

Joy gives Wendy a knowing look and Wendy doesn’t know whether to be pleased or annoyed at how open he is at ogling on her girl.

 

“No…” Irene took out the receipt and signed it. “Here. Thanks.”

 

The pizza guy was ready to die now, having the handwritten receipt from a Goddess.

 

“Thanks, I will keep this forever, Irene-shii.” He confesses, pressing the receipt to her chest.

 

“Where's my pizza?!”

 

“Oh yes… oh yes… Here, here.” He hands out three pizza boxes.

 

“We only ordered one.” Irene pointed out.

 

“If it’s for free, Rene. Then, of course we will take it.” Joy jumps in, pushing Irene to the side. “Right oppa?”

 

“Right, right,” He peeks through Joy, who was already about to slam the door shut. “You can call me oppa too, Irene.”

 

Irene lips just curve in an awkward smile, having lost the courage to tell him no freaking way.

 

“Thanks again oppa!”

 

Joy swings the door on his face before he could do what he intends to do (asks for Irene’s number).

 

“Let me go grab some plates.” Irene runs to the kitchen.

 

“Are you okay?” Seulgi asked her bestfriend who remained frozen, watching the event unfolds before her eyes.

 

It felt like her soul just left her body before it returned again.

 

“Ahhh yeah… yeah. Of course.” Wendy’s lips curve into a weak smile.

 

“C’mon guys, let’s eat! Yerim!”

 

“What?!” Her youngest sister screams out.

 

“You want to watch a movie with us?”

 

A slight pause before Yerim yells out.

 

“No!”

 

“We have pizza…”

 

“Okay…”

 

Yerim slinks out of her bedroom and within 2.3 seconds had made her way to the pizzas.

 

“Here,” Irene picks out the mushrooms and green bell peppers off the pizza before giving the plate to her sister. The younger tends to have an allergic reaction to anything remotely healthy. And as much as her kid sister drives her to the point of insanity, Irene always have this innate reaction to tend to every small detail about Yerim first before she takes care of her own.

 

“Here you go, Joy.”

 

Joy’s eyes widened in surprise when Irene offers her a plate. She had known Irene for too long that any act of kindness is worth getting suspicious over. Or maybe Irene is trying to show face in front of her girlfriend by acting like this caring friend, whatever reason it was, Joy is gonna enjoy it.

 

The sound of the dramatic gasps got all their attention, “You monster!”

 

Joy growls, never did she thought she would be disappointed over pizza until now that Irene meticulously took out all the meat and cheese from the pizza and leaving Joy with a piece of pizza with just tomato sauce.

 

Irene just smirks, but the viciousness magically poof away when she turned to Wendy. “What kind of pizza would you like, Wannie?”

 

“No… that’s okay, I’m full.”

 

Wendy wasn’t, but there is no way she’s going to eat anything that came from a rival. Wendy had considered herself weak at that very moment, she had wanted to stepped in and introduce herself to the pizza guy as Irene’s girlfriend, but no, instead she cowered in the corner, watching them as she froze.

 

She turns to her side, watching Seulgi’s nose twitch as she sniffs at her pizza before taking a bite of it. Sometimes, she really wonders if Seulgi is really some sort of bear, the type that rolls around in the grass, pick berries and chase around butterflies all day.

 

Seulgi blinks at her before offering her a pizza.

 

“No thanks, I ate.”

 

She didn’t… But nothing is going to make her eat that pizza.

 

This was stupid and so unlike her, she is jealous of a pizza guy and she hated it.

 

***

 

“You took me to a convenience store?”

 

Yoona still look so surprise even after 20 minutes. She thought that Yuri would take her to the new French Restaurant that she had been dropping hints about all week, but no, because here they are sitting on the beige plastic chairs with cup ramen and tea outside.

 

“I was craving it.” Yuri said, her eyes twinkling it.

 

“If you were craving ramen, we could have went to the ramen bar on Midtown.”

 

“Ahhh… but it’s not just the ramen, Yoong. Don’t you remember this place?”

 

Yoona’s gaze went back to her ramen, trying to hide the amused grin on her face. Yuri was right, this wasn’t just about the ramen, this place is where she took Yuri on their first high school date and many more dates to come. And Yuri got the memory down to a pat, from the spicy beef noodle she ordered all the way to the flavor of ice tea she used to be obsessed with.

 

It didn’t seem like much at that time, but it was enough to blow through Yoona’s monthly allowance in a week. But she didn’t even care, she was unbelievably in love with the popular dancer.

 

And she’s still is…

 

She leans closer and gives her high school crush and now wife a peck on the lips.

 

 “Look at you being all sentimental and stuff.”

 

Yoona scooped out some noodles, blowing it carefully to make sure it won’t burn her wife.

 

“I could be romantic too, Yoong.”

 

“You are.”

 

“I wonder how they’re doing.”

 

“It’s okay Yul, we have been out for almost two hours and the fire department or the police haven’t called us yet.”

 

Almost twenty years and Yoona could still make her laugh so effortlessly.

 

“That’s a good sign.”

 

“It is. If it makes you feel better I could call Irene to check on them.”

 

“And ruin her date with Wendy?”

 

“Joy is there, so that pretty much enough to ruin anything.”

 

“Like mother, like daughter,” Yuri giggled as her own bestfriend crossed her mind.

 

“Like mother, like daughter.”

 

Yoona scooped out some more noodles from her ramen cup before offering it to Yuri.

 

“What?” Yoona asked when Yuri continued to giggle.

 

“Look at us, still talking about our kids even on a date.”

 

“You’re right, you’re right. It’s not like we left toddlers at home. Irene is more capable of handling everyone. So?” Yoona’s doe eyes twinkled as she stared mischievously at her wife. The same mischievous look that Yuri had fell for since high school.

 

“How’s life going for you, Mrs. Im?”

 

“It’s okay I guess like I tell you. It’s still tiring.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I felt like I’m caught in this vicious cycle, that no matter how many criminals I put in jail, it doesn’t seem to end. It’s stressing but it’s more than that, it’s the amount of work and...”

 

“You know, you don’t have to work.”

 

“Yoona, I work too hard to get where I am now.”

 

“I know that, but maybe it’s time to do something else. Something that you would still be passionate about. But anything, anything you want to do, Yul, I’ll support you. I’m just saying I make a decent amount of money now. It’s my job to make sure you’re okay, you know?”

 

Yuri smiled as she heard the word. Many people might find it offensive, they would say that only people with limited vocabulary tends to use that word. But not Yuri, this was Yoona’s way of saying I love you, and for her there is nothing sweeter than the word okay.

 

“Thanks, love.” Yuri place a warm hand on Yoona’s cheek, before the girl offered her another scoop of ramen. “But could we afford it though, especially now that Irene is about to go to college?”

 

“Yeah, why? What’s your big plan?”

 

“Well, Hyoyeon always talk about finally opening her own dance studio.”

 

Yoona looks up, her eyes twinkling once again. She had always thought that Yuri’s dream of dancing have maybe fizzled out along with adulthood. But hearing Yuri’s wish out loud made Yoona understood that dreams don’t really just disappear, you keep it hidden from the reality of bills and stress and just take it out when you know it was safe enough to wish it again.

 

“If you want to do that, Yul, then go for it.”

 

“You think so? I mean it’s not that I’m going to teach. I just… I just want to be around dancing once again, Yoong. And Hyo, even if she’s like that, she’s still one of the most reputable choreographers in the country. She would do well.”

 

Yoona pulls Yuri close, kissing her in the hair.

 

“Since when do you ever need a reason with me?”

 

She tilts her wife’s chin, before pressing her lips against Yuri.

 

“Whatever makes you happy, Yul. Then go for it, me and the girls will be behind you the whole way through.” 

 

“You sure about this?”

 

“I am.” Yoona offers her noodles to Yuri again.

 

“If you keep giving me yours, there won’t be any left for you.”

 

Yoona’s gaze was playful once again, enough to remind Yuri of the mischievous High schooler she fell head over heels for.

 

“Suddenly I’m not hungry anymore.”

 

*

 

Wendy couldn’t recall the last time Irene exhaled.

 

She should have known that Irene was such a scaredy cat, jumping in fright at every creak of the door, every time the music heightens up and don’t even mention it when the ghost appeared and Irene looked like she’s about to have a heart attack before calling out Jesus Christ, Mary and all of their family members.

 

Wendy had to purse her lips to Irene’s reactions, not wanting to offend the girl by laughing at her face. Wendy wasn’t into scary movies either but the thought and the feeling of being so close to Irene was enough to distract her of any scary scene.

 

And if there is one thing that Wendy was dying to do, it was to hold Irene’s hand… then maybe, maybe if she’s lucky if Irene survive a cardiac arrest after this movie, maybe they could kiss to make up from that horrible moment in the stairwell.

 

Irene’s hand is just right there, right there in her lap, just a few inches away to be more specific. It wouldn’t take her more than a second to hold it.

 

Wendy took a huge breath, before slowly reaching out.

 

Here goes nothing…

 

Just a few more inches…

 

Centimeters….

 

5,4,3,2,1…

 

Mission accomplished.

 

But the huge grin on Wendy’s face was wiped off in a millisecond when Irene jumps out of her seat and yells bloody murder.

 

Making the three other girls yell back in fright. And making Wendy curl up to the corner of the sofa in embarrassment of her utter fail.

 

“What the heck, Irene!”

 

“Something touch me!”

 

Wendy turns back to screen, pretending not to hear.

 

“You're imagining things!”

 

“No, I’m not! Let’s turn off this movie!”

 

“No were not! We are getting to the good part! Alright! Alright! Let’s watch something else.” Joy dismissed. “This movie is not too scary anyway.”

 

“Then, why are you gripping my hand so tight?”

 

“Aish…” Joy throws off Seulgi’s hand off her.

 

Poke. Poke. Poke.

 

Wendy turns to her future sister in law who was poking her in the cheek.

 

“Yerim?”

 

“If we’re in a scary movie, Irene unnie will die first.”

 

Wendy hopes she could have disagree with the freshmen but knowing how scary movies work and how Irene reacts, there’s a huge possibility that Yerim is right. But not if she could help it.

 

“Don’t worry Yerim, I’ll do anything to keep your unnie alive.”

 

***

 

No one knew whose brilliant idea this was (most probably Joy’s).

 

Minutes ago they were huddled together, clutching to each other for dear life as they watch what the critics called the scariest movie of this generation.

 

Next thing they know, they were playing soccer in Irene’s backyard.

 

“Goal!” Joy screams as she scored one through a huffing Seulgi’s goal. “I’m Lebron James !”

 

“He’s a basketball player.”

 

“Yeah, you know what I mean!”

 

Seulgi sits back next to Irene, who chose not to embarrass herself in front of Wendy just yet.

 

“Here you go,” Irene offers Seulgi a bottled water, before their attention turns to the girls. Wendy patiently teaching Yerim how to kick, while Joy is moving around, trying to find good lighting and angle for her selfie.

 

“That’s sweet of her.” Seulgi pointed out.

 

“It is.”

 

“She’s quite silly about you, you know?”

 

“Silly?”

 

Seulgi giggles at the memories of Wendy’s enormous crush on Irene. Even until now that they’re dating, Wendy still calls Seulgi and the two talked about mostly Irene.

 

“Yeah, she goes giddy over your every reaction. Did you remember the time I keep bringing you red bean slush?”

 

“Yeah, after dance practice. I was surprised about that.”

 

“Well, don’t tell Wendy I said this.” Seulgi leans in as she’s about to confess. “ There was one time in PE, you sat next to each other and talked about how much you love red bean slush because your mom used to bring that home after work.”

 

Irene tries to dig in her brain for that memory. And the amnesiac that she is, the task is much harder than she thought.

 

“We talked about that?”

 

“Yeah… She can’t stop talking about it that night. Like she might have looked stupid in front of you because all she did was nod and smile. You know her she overreacts, but with you it’s much worse. So, the next day, she bought you red bean slush, saying this is the day, I’ll tell her I like her.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“She chickened out and told me to give it to you.”

 

They turned to the girls who have now gave in to the devil and are taking silly selfies together. Wendy turns back to them and smiles.

 

“So, take care of my BFF’s heart, will you?” Seulgi nudges Irene towards the girls who have now went into full karaoke mode singing to every song in The Velvet album.

 

Loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

 

“Junie?! Are you sacrificing a cat for your coven?”

 

Sooyoung yells from across the fence, Joy groans at her mom’s lame joke.

 

“No mom! We're singing.”

 

“Oh my bad!”

 

Her mom said before bursting into laughter.

 

“Do you want to go somewhere?” Wendy whispered to the beautiful girl next to her, out of the earshot of the three girls singing like drunks to cool, hot, sweet love.

 

“Where to?”

 

The two exchanged knowing smiles before Wendy took Irene’s hand.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Yerim screams at the top of her lungs as her sister and Wendy runs off.

 

“I’ll see you later, Yerim!” Irene yells out before laughing with Wendy.

 

“Where are they going?” Yerim wonders, scratching her head as she witness her sister running.

 

Joy placed a responsible hand on both Yerim and Seulgi’s shoulders.

 

“They’re gonna make cool hot sweet love.”

 

*

 

Wendy always has this innate fear that her parents are staying together for other reasons other than love. Could it be their money? Or worse, are they just together for her sake? What else could it be, when all they do is bicker and fight over the smallest thing?

 

It was after seeing her parents and Irene’s parents when it finally made sense to Wendy that there are no such thing as a cookie cutter relationship. Now that she herself is in one, she sees how every couple is different, how they show their love, how they fight and how they work things through.

 

And that’s just how her parents are, behind the big titles, they are still Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung who keep each other on their toes with wise cracks and playful competition. And this is how they express their affection through endless quarrels and taunting.

 

They are different from how Irene’s parents are. They remind her more of romantic movies, of stories of young love. when they go on dates, when they steal kisses when they thought no one else was watching and how they’re always touching, be it their hands on the back, or arms wrap around their waist or even if it’s just their pinkies entwined.

 

Just like how she and her Irene is going to be just as different. Right now, it’s quite unclear to Wendy what kind of a relationship she and Irene have. She tried figuring out why Irene still make her breathless or why her crush for the girl only grew more even when they started dating. Until now, she still stutters, still blushes, still dreams forever about this beautiful girl.

 

Like right now, as they walk aimlessly around Irene’s neighborhood, she still struggles at the mechanics of hand holding. Should she just reach out and hold hands? Should her hand glide first in Irene’s arm before locking their hands together?

 

It was Irene once again who made the first move, sliding her fingers around hers. They shared a smile before walking quietly again.

 

“That was fun.”

 

“It was.”

 

“I can’t believe I waited this long to ask you out.”

 

Irene shyly smiles at Wendy’s confession.

 

“So, Hyunnie… I ummm… I always wondered about this.”

 

“About what?”

 

“So, ummm…” The two stopped in front of the neighborhood park, before Wendy leads Irene to a wooden swing, just perfect for two.

 

“So, your question?”

 

“Oh yeah… Who ummm… who was your crush?”

 

“My crush?” Irene couldn’t help but chuckle at the question. “Like an idol or something?”

 

“No, like in real life. Like someone you look forward to seeing, someone that make your heart race? You know what I mean, a crush?”

 

“No one.”

 

“No one?” Wendy raised a speculative brow.

 

“No one.”

 

“No one?” Wendy asked again.

 

“I said no one.”

 

“Well, I promise I won’t be mad. I’m just curious, like who was your crush?”

 

Irene inhaled deeply, there was no use in asking it, because truth was she never had one. When Joy and Seulgi would spaz about the latest idol, she would just ignore it. She was never the type who was attracted to looks in the first place, and if she could really be honest, it wasn’t until Wendy when she realized what Joy and Seulgi were always gushing about in dramas.

 

“No one.”

 

“No one.” Wendy’s gaze averted away from Irene and back out at the playground. Irene sounded very adamant about it, and she doesn’t want to start a fight with Irene over a silly question.

 

“Isn’t crushes supposed to be intense and obsessive before it just goes away?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Then, no I never had one.”

 

Wendy turns her gaze back at Irene, before falling again for that heavenly smile.

 

“With you, Wan it’s… it’s quite different from that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It was your brightness that I notice first.” Irene smiles as the memory floated by. “How you smile and how friendly you are. Then, I notice how nice you are, how you are willing to do anything even to help a stranger and it’s just how you are, kind and selfless.”

 

Wendy’s smile grew wider as she notice how Irene couldn’t even keep her gaze straight at her and her cheeks were bright red.

 

“But it wasn’t just that, I ummm… everytime I hear people sing I would end up comparing them to you. Like I would say when I watch idols on TV, Wendy sings better than this. And as we were getting closer, I realize that you are more than what people think of you. That you’re more than just a singing voice, more than just a nice and friendly girl, you are this… this…amazing person, who I could listen to forever, who I could stare at forever, who I could… care for… and maybe even ummm… love. And whatever this is I’m feeling for you, it’s definitely not a crush, because I don’t think it will go away anytime soon.”

 

So, this is how it felt to confess your feelings? It usually irritates her when people come to her and just confess, and now that she did it, she couldn’t help but regret how cold she is to them.

 

But before she starts worrying again, Wendy leans closer to her, capturing every word of that sweet confession with a kiss. There was something about how Wendy’s lips pressing against hers so tenderly that always made Irene tremble. It was Irene’s lips who parted first, an unconscious move to draw Wendy closer and to take their relationship maybe one step, or maybe a half step ahead.

 

And Wendy gave in without apprehensions, this was the girl she had fallen for, for so long. The nerves that both of them were suffering from had faded away when their tongues dance softly inside their mouths.

 

It was Wendy who pulls away first.

 

“Am I doing it, right?” Wendy asked nervously. Irene could only smile, smoothing a nervous brow before leaning once again.

 

Irene didn’t bother answering her in words but instead kissed her once more.

 

***

 

“I guess no round 12, then.”

 

Yoona joked at Yuri as they walked in their bedroom and saw Yerim asleep on their bed. Yuri elbowed Yoona in the ribs before going to the bed, brushing away Yerim’s hair out of her face, watching their little devil look so angelic when she sleeps.

 

“My baby…” Yuri coos, kissing Yerim on her cheek.

 

Yoona chuckled at the sight, although Yerim mastered the skill of pushing Yuri’s self destruct button more often than most. Everything from cleaning her room, to grades, to leaving dirty dishes on the sink, still there’s no doubt that Yuri would give anything to have Yerim cuddled close to her.

 

And Yoona smiled, the picture of her beautiful family as the last thing in her mind before she surrenders to her dreams.

 

***

 

After a week…

 

“Pizza again, Wendy?”

 

“Hello, Mrs. Im.” Wendy bows down so low, the pizza almost slide down from her hold. Even though she had been visiting Irene almost every day and both her moms are more than accommodating, she still frightened for her life when she’s face to face with one of her moms.

 

 “I ummm… Did you guys have dinner already?”

 

Yoona just smiles and Wendy could have sworn she saw Irene’s smile on hers.

 

“OHh pizza!” Yerim shouts excitedly. If there is someone who’s more than happy with Wendy’s almost daily pizza delivery, it was the youngest. “If my unnie doesn’t marry you, I will! Can I marry Wendy unnie, mom?”

 

“That is if your sister doesn’t kill you first. Hold on, let me call her. Joohyun, Wendy is here.”

 

“Hold on a minute!” Irene calls out from her room.

 

“If she’s anything like her other mom, you might have to wait awhile.”

 

“Unnie is pooping right now, she’ll be down in a sec!” Yerim yells loud enough for Irene to hear.

 

Irene squeals loudly, before storming out of her room and started hitting her sister mercilessly.

 

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Mom! Mom! She's killing me!”

 

Yoona just turns around, walking away from her children.

 

*

 

“Thanks for the pizza.”

 

Irene pushed the pizza around the plate after a few bites, not finding the heart to tell Wendy that she’s so close to the point of almost throwing up from all the pizza that Wendy delivers.

 

“Yeah, no worries.” Wendy’s smile brightened. “Ummm… so if you need pizza you don’t need to have it delivered, I mean I could get it for you.”

 

“You don’t have too.”

 

“No I want too.”

 

Irene look away as she’s trying to spare Wendy the embarrassment from her amused smile. She could only guess that they were right. This was Wendy’s cute little act of jealousy, though the Canadian wouldn’t want to admit to anything and she’ll never grill Wendy for it.

 

Although it would be fun.

 

“You don’t have to, Wendy. I could just get it delivered.”

 

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no…” Wendy says so frantically, her eyebrows going around in frantic pace, anyone could imagine Irene just said she’ll marry the pizza delivery guy. “Don’t worry, it’s no bother to me at all. It could be anything, Hyun. Chicken, coffee, Chinese food, just tell me. I’ll get it for you.”

 

“Or maybe we could get it together?”

 

“Huh?” Wendy is reduced to blushing cheeks and incoherent words.

 

“Whatever we decide to eat, whatever we feel like doing, let’s do it together, Wan.”

 

Wendy’s brow popped up. “Are you sure?”

 

Irene didn’t bother answering and instead press her lips on Wendy’s.

 

And if there is one thing that could finally still Wendy’s brows, it was nothing else but Irene’s kisses.

 

TBC

 

Thank you once again for reading this fic and for the comments, nothing better for a writer than to read how people feel about their work. So thanks once again. And I hope you guys enjoy! 

 

PS. The girls just blew me away with their talent. Thank you red velvet.