What goes in the stairwell, stays in the stairwell.

Best Days

“What bone did Yerim broke this time?”

 

Yoona hope to sound worried, but the amused smile on her face betrayed her. Their Yerim, or like what Yuri always call their youngest daughter, mini Yoong, is clearly her child, from the strut in her step, huskiness in her voice, that booming laughter and above all that naughty glimmer behind those innocent pair of doe eyes.

 

But it wasn’t just those traits Yoona passed down; Yuri had to learn the hard way that Yoona’s penchant for getting herself in trouble could be inherited too.

 

The kid was still in her freshmen year, but Yoona is already running out of fingers to count how many times she and Yuri were called to the principal’s or nurse’s office.

 

Yoona’s steps halted to an embarrassing screech when she saw that ruthless look on her wife’s face.  

 

It was quite embarrassing, now that Yoona thinks about it. She and Yuri were high school sweethearts, married right after college and now, with a career in law and two kids later, she still trembles in fear whenever she catches Yuri with that expression on her face.

 

“Everything okay, babe?”

 

Yoona greeted her wife with a kiss on the cheek, breathing in a tempting whiff of Yuri’s perfume. Her wife’s scent partnered with her wife’s body hugging black dress was enough to leave Yoona light headed. She was itching to tell her wife how effing gorgeous she looked today but decided its best not to for fear of getting a smack or worse a lecture. There are more pressing issues right now than fantasizing over her wife.

 

Yuri still hasn’t said a word but instead tilted her head towards the guilty looking party sitting next to the receptionist desk.

 

“Wait… Irene?”

 

Nothing in this world had prepared Yoona for this scene. Yerim is almost synonymous to trouble, but their eldest daughter Irene is the opposite. Even though she’s playful around close friends, she’s shy and quiet to the rest of the world. That’s why Yoona couldn’t figure out why on Earth they were here, and why on Earth does their daughter looks so guilty.

 

There was no way their daughter with her pristine record would get herself entangle in stupid pranks or troublemakers. And for now, the only plausible explanation was because some high school delinquent decided to make her daughter into some target.

 

She kneels down in front of her daughter, coaxing her 17 year old to look at her.

 

“What happened, baby?

 

“Do you want me to tell your mom?” Unfortunately, Yuri wasn’t too affectionate. “Or do I have to-“

 

But before Yuri could finish, the secretary cuts in earning a sigh of relief from both Yoona and Irene. Yuri shot Irene an I’ll deal with you later look before disappearing inside the office.

 

*

 

“How are you doing today, Principal Seo?”

 

The principal cracked a polite smile at the two beautiful women standing in front of her. Yoona and her wife have become frequent flyers around the principal’s office, but the tension between her wife and the principal had never eased out. And it probably has a lot to do with Yoona choosing the feisty Kwon Yuri than her dear best friend Seohyun during high school.

 

By now, Yoona thought Yuri and Seohyun would be over it. Maybe even look at each other and laugh whole heartedly at whatever mess their daughter created, but no. Whenever it comes to their girls, Yuri puts her Mother hen on and would do everything to protect her baby chicks.

 

It doesn’t help Principal Seo’s case that her wife happens to be one of the city’s top Prosecutor.

 

“Your daughter has been caught in a compromising situation with another student.” Principal Seo cut right to the chase. The more precise she is, the less argument Kwon Yuri would put up.

 

 “Compromising? Like what?”

 

“Kissing.”

 

“Kissing?”

 

The principal cleared . “Well, like teenagers say specifically making out. It was during study hall and instead of going to the library to finish up work, Your daughter, and her partner went to the fourth-floor stairwell of the Science building and decided they would use this time making out.”

 

Yoona started to laugh in both relief and amusement, earning a jab at her ribs from her wife.

 

“It’s not funny, Yoona,” Yuri hissed.

 

“I know… but who knows Irene had it in her? So, who is she kissing?”

 

“It’s not in my position to reveal the student’s name.”

 

“Yes, it is. You’re the principal.”

 

“I believe it would be better if you two will hear it from Irene.”

 

“I understand what you’re saying, Principal,” Yuri said. “And believe me, we will talk to her about this. My daughter is caught making out on campus, and that’s unacceptable. So, what consequence are we considering?” Yuri asked.

 

“A week of detention and unfortunately, this has to go on her records.”

 

“Her records?” Yoona had to hold Yuri’s wrist down, fearing her wife would pounce at the principal. “Irene is in her senior year; she had never done anything wrong. She's worked so hard in school and cram school just to get into her ideal university. I will not allow my daughter’s hard work go to waste just because of this.”

 

Principal Seo didn’t move a muscle, but Yoona could swear she saw a vein in Principal Seo’s temple about to pop.

 

“And besides, it’s not like they could get pregnant.”

 

Yoona leaned back, watching as Principal Seo just got KO’d by her wife.

 

“Ms. Kwon.” Principal Seo let out a sigh, refusing to call her Ms. Kwon- Im. “Like I mention before we are a prestigious high school, we do not condone acts like this in our school. Things could escalate quickly.”

 

“I know my daughter, Principal Seo; she wouldn’t do it in a stairwell.”

 

The tension is cut through when Yoona ended up with bouts of coughing fits. Does her wife have to bring it up like that? During high school, she and Yuri often sneak out after practice to make out or sometimes even more by the fourth-floor stairwell. Oh, the memories. How ironic that her daughter is caught at the exact same place.

 

“And the other girl? Is her punishment as heavy as Irene’s? Or does Irene have to carry this on her record for the rest of her life because she’s some predator leeching on some helpless girl?”

 

“We are discussing consequences with the parents of the other girl.”

 

 “Okay, okay…This has to stop,” Yoona cut in, the blush on her cheeks still evident from the memory of her wife in that same stairwell. “Believe us when were going to say that we are going to talk to Irene about this. My wife and I will definitely not take this lightly. She’s going to have to deal with the consequence.”

 

Then, Yoona let out a sigh that made Principal Seo’s cheeks tint a light pink.

 

“But just like my wife said, I don’t think Irene’s record needs to be tainted by something high school kids do.”

 

“Not all high school kids do this.”

 

“Maybe not all,” Yuri added before her lips twitch into a devious smile. “Or maybe you just haven’t caught them yet.”

 

Yoona smacks herself internally at her wife’s taunting. The crackle was present again, just like it was during high school, it’s as if it never left.

 

Yoona just made herself comfortable because, with the rate this conversation is going, it’s going to feel like such a long day.

 

*

 

“C’mon Irene,” Yuri calls out to Irene softly as soon as they stepped out of the office.

 

Irene stood there motionless; her beautiful face was the picture of complete confusion. Wasn’t her mommy Yuri ready to skin her alive just 45 minutes ago? It was only when Yuri placed a gentle hand on Irene’s shoulder that Irene knew that she's forgiven.

 

“Mom, About what happened, you got to hear my side.”

 

“We could talk about it in the car, c’mon.”

 

The school corridors which is bustling with life, suddenly fell quiet as the beautiful family walks through the high school crowd.

 

So, that’s where Irene sunbae got her looks.”

 

“Wow… her moms are both so beautiful.”

 

Her parents are so tall; I wonder why Irene unnie is a dwarf.

 

The whispers were interrupted when a group of rowdy jocks voices boomed.

 

“Mom?”

 

Yoona couldn’t even hide her laugh when she saw the mortified look in Yuri’s face when she saw their youngest daughter being part of such a rambunctious bunch.

 

“Yerim?"

 

Yuri tugged their youngest daughter to her, digging inside her Louis Vuitton handbag for something, anything that could make their daughter look less like a cave girl.

 

“What have we been talking about? You’re in high school now, and you need to be nice and neat.”

 

“I was nice and neat earlier. But practice got a little rough,” Yerim tries to brush off Yuri’s hand which looks pretty determine to wipe her off. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“We came from Principal Seo’s office.”

 

“What?!” Yerim’s doe eyes widened, looking effortlessly like a guilty criminal.  “Whatever they say I did, it’s not true!”

 

“Relax… We're here for your unnie, Yerim.”

 

“Oh? Oh! Whoah!” Yerim’s doe eyes suddenly turned mischievous as she narrows it at her imperfect sister. “So, what did you do?”

 

Her question earned her a knock on the forehead.

 

“None of your business, squirt.”

 

*

 

One of Yuri’s tactics in disciplining their children was to drown their daughters in so much guilt during car rides.

 

Car rides which meant, ride or die, either you listen, or you jumped out of the speeding car on a highway. As simple as it sounds, the method works wonders (the girls would rather not do it again than listen to Yuri’s lecture).

 

So, right now as they were driving home, Yoona wonders if Yuri being quiet is a new strategy that she’s experimenting.

 

“So, now let’s hear your side of the story,” Yuri finally asked.

 

Yoona stared at her daughter from the rearview mirror, catching the dazed look out of those chocolate brown eyes. As close as they were with their daughter, she knows that the answer that they will get from Irene is an edited version of the truth. It wasn’t because their daughter was a liar, but because Yoona understands how precious kisses are. A kiss, no matter how simple, should be kept between the two.

 

“Well ummm…”

 

Irene could only let out a sigh; this wasn’t how she imagine telling her parents that she finally has a girlfriend.

 

“We had free time and so, Seungwan…”

 

“Seungwan? I thought you’re kissing a girl?”

 

“Seungwan that’s her Korean name; she’s Wendy.”

 

Yerim pulls out her headphones and blinks curiously at her unnie.

 

“Wait? Wendy? Is that why you got in trouble?”

 

“I’m not in trouble… I mean… I am but-“

 

If Yerim was half interested in whatever thing her sister got caught on, right now they got her full attention.

 

“Like my captain Seungwan?”

 

“Yes, Yerim,” Irene hissed.

 

 “Captain? She sounds like a big time.”

 

“Heck Yeah! Wendy unnie could do everything. She plays soccer, she sings, she got an award from Obama. She has like a bunch of fan girls! They even call her Wendaddy.”

 

Irene is facing the window, but the scowl on her face was still evident. “Wendaddy?” She scoffs “That sounds terrible.”

 

“So, you’re dating her for real?””

 

“Well… we just ummm… she just confessed today and ahhhh… then we got caught.”

 

Yoona lets out a scoff. “She couldn’t wait until after school?”

 

Irene exhaled, ready to take whatever punishment from what she’s about to confess. “I don’t think what we did was wrong.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Please don’t think that Seungwan is some kind of ert trying to score because she’s not like that at all. If you would have seen her, you would know what I mean. She’s so… so pretty but she doesn’t even know it. She’s this adorable dork who does these silly things just to make me laugh, and then just when I thought I couldn’t like her enough, she would do these simple gestures that just makes me… makes me feel so lucky to be with her. Mom even if I could turn back time, I don’t think I would change anything. I really, really, really like her and no trip to the principal’s office could ever change that.”

 

Both her moms fell silent, has it been that long already that they forgot how crazy people get when they’re in love?

 

“Okay," Yoona sighs in surrender. “Just don’t get caught next time.”

 

“Yah Yoong!”

 

*

 

“That Seohyun I swear,” Yuri swore out as she finishes lathering up her lotion after her shower. Yoona suggested that a hot shower might relieve her stress, but Yuri came out after an hour still mouthing about the injustice their daughter had suffered.

 

“I think that until now, she still doesn’t get over what happened in high school when you chose me over her.”

 

Yoona just smirk cheekily, watching her wife walk back and forth, back and forth around their bedroom. As unpredictable as her wife could get, there is no way she will choose any other woman other than Kwon Yuri.

 

“I swear, she made it sound like Irene was shooting some lesbian film instead of just some high school kiss.”

 

“Come to bed, babe,”  Yoona taps the space next to her and Yuri trudges to her side of the bed, snuggling next to her lover.

 

“Why would Irene hide something like this?” Yuri sounded more defeated.

 

“Like liking someone?”

 

“Like dating someone?”

 

Yoona peels her eyes away from her phone and gaze at her loving wife. And she was right; Yuri looked more disappointed that their daughter hid something so special as liking someone, rather than Irene getting herself in trouble.

 

“Babe, we’re not her BFFs, we are her parents. Did you find it easy to tell your parents about us?”

 

“Well… no…”

 

“Then, understand where Irene is going with this too.”

 

“But… but… she was caught making out… making out?!”

 

“She’s 17 years old; we were already making out when we were 15. Do I need to remind you what we were doing when were 16?”

 

“No… don’t.”

 

Yuri slides her arm around Yoona’s slim waist, laying her head on her wife’s chest.

 

“Am I worrying too much about this?”

 

“Yes, you are. And Irene is a good kid,” Yoona kisses Yuri on her forehead before returning her attention to her phone. “She would have told us about it; she’s probably just waiting for the right time.”

 

“I guess you are right.”

 

“Of course, I am.”

 

Yoona gave Yuri a peck on the lips before going back to her phone.

 

“We are having a serious discussion about your daughter, and all your attention is on your phone?”

 

“I’m looking at this Seungwan person.”

 

“What? You’re spying on our daughter’s girlfriend?”

 

“Well, I’m friends with Yerim who is friends with her in IG. Why? Don’t pretend you’re not the least bit interested.”

 

“I’m not. I’ll just wait until Irene introduce her to us.”

 

“Okay,” Yoona went back to her phone “Aww… look at how cute her DP is with her girlfriend.” Yoona taunts her wife, knowing full well Yuri isn’t going to stay quiet for too long.

 

Yuri paused for a bit before giving in.

 

“Fine! Let me see.”

 

Yuri leans in closer and the first thing that she notices is how unbelievably beautiful Seungwan is, and then she sees their daughter with the bright smile right next to her. As much as Yuri tries to deny it, this Seungwan girl and their daughter look lovely together.

 

 “This Seungwan girl is more adorable than I thought.” Yuri plops in bed. “Maybe she’s not that bad after all.”

 

“I’m sure Irene has good taste. I mean we did make her.”

 

“So cocky,” Yuri lightly slaps Yoona’s cheek away.

 

Yoona puckers her lips playfully, trying to win over Yuri with a kiss. Yuri just ended up chuckling before returning the kiss.

 

A sweet kiss turned steamy in a few seconds. Almost a quarter of a lifetime together yet here they are still are, still unbelievably attracted to each other.

 

“You look so hot earlier,” Yoona says breathlessly while pressing impatient kisses on Yuri’s skin. “Why are such a tease?”

 

Yuri brings her wife’s face closer, pressing a kiss on her lips. Until now, Yuri couldn’t figure out why her Executive wife still behave like some hormonal schoolboy whenever they are alone. It’s not like she’s going to complain.

 

“You lock the door, right?”

 

Yoona answered with a grunt, trying to tug her wife’s nightgown off her head.

 

“You did?” Yuri tries to shake her wife in the arm.

 

“I did… I did,” Yoona groans impatiently, as she slips her hand inside her wife’s thin fabric. 

 

 “Wait…”

 

“ARGH! What?”

 

“Do you hear that?”

 

“No… I don’t.” There was probably something, but Yoona chooses to ignore it. To hell with burglars, they could wait and watch the show.

 

“Wait… there it is again. Do you hear that?”

 

Yoona listened intently and finally confirmed what her wife was trying to point out.

 

*

 

“Wannie?” Irene gasps out loud when she sees her girlfriend of what? 8 hours standing on her lawn, hunched over in guilt.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie,” Wendy called out Irene in her Korean nickname. It was a little nickname that they have with each other. To the rest of the school she’s Wendy, but to Irene, she’s her Wannie, just like to the rest of the world, she’s Irene, but to Wendy, she’s her Hyunnie.

 

“What are you doing here this late?”

 

“I don’t think I could go to sleep if I didn’t get a chance to talk to you.”

 

“You could have just called you know, wait… wait… wait… what are you doing?”

 

But Irene’s questions fell on deaf ears when Wendy looks pretty determined to climb the tree. Wendy’s tenacity makes up for her shortcomings (or more of short height). Even from the second-floor window, Irene could tell from her girlfriend’s expressive eyebrows how determine she is to make it up the tree.

 

Oh God, now Irene doesn’t know what she should be more worried if her parents catch her girlfriend up the tree? Or if Wendy falls and breaks a bone? Or maybe it’s both.

 

“If you fell and break a bone, the entire school will kill me.”

 

“They have to come through me first.”

 

Irene rolls her eyes. “God… you’re so cheesy.”

 

Wendy’s face broke into a silly grin, too silly and too adorable at the same time that Irene just had to steal a kiss.

 

“I’m sorry our first kiss got ruined.”

 

Irene places her hand on Wendy’s cheek. “Was it? I don’t think so. Did you think so?”

 

“It could have been better. I should have- I don’t know. I… I feel like I was let go too easy while you have to go to Principal Seo’s office. Was your… were your moms mad?”

“They are. But they’ll be okay.”

 

“Are you sure? They don’t ummm, want to break us up right?”

 

Irene chuckles, before smoothing Wendy’s crinkled brows with her thumbs.

 

“You need to stop watching those dramas with Seulgi, and besides, they were probably worse when they were younger.”

 

“I just well…”

 

“Hey I said stop,” Irene presses her forehead against Wendy’s. “You’re worrying about nothing.”

 

“It’s just that…”

 

Irene lay her lips on Wendy, and with every breath they exchange, Wendy could feel herself getting light headed from the kiss.

 

“What were you trying to say?”

 

“I… I forgot…”

 

This time, it was Wendy who leans in to kiss her.

 

“Irene and Wendy climbing on a tree…”

 

“What the?!”

 

The two spun to the window next to Irene’s. Yerim, with her cute head, her face with that devilish smile that she obviously learned from Joy.

 

“K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

 

“I’m going to kill you, Yerim! I swear to God I will!”

 

“Yah!”

 

Irene screamed in terror as Wendy starts flailing around at the booming voice of her mom’s voice.

 

Her mommy Yoona no matter how husky or loud her voice is, never screams at her. Until tonight…

 

“What do you think you two are doing?!”

 

“Mom!”

 

“Yerim you better get to bed before your Xbox ends up in the trash!”

 

“What?! But-” Yerim groans in defeat before shutting her window.

 

“I ummm… ahhh… Good evening, Mrs. Im.” Wendy bows down, as politely as someone who is clutching on a tree could.” “I’m Wendy Hwang-Jung, Seungwan… Seungwan too… that’s my name too, Seungwan… hehehehehe… but you can call me whatever you like, Mrs. Im feel free… hehehehehe. It’s ummm… an honor to finally meet you.”

 

If looks can kill Wendy and Irene would be dead right now.

 

“Why don’t you invite your girlfriend inside the house, Irene?”

 

*

 

So, this is the girl their daughter likes. The girl who she was caught kissing, the girl who tries to climb a tree to see her daughter. This girl with the most expressive eyebrows, fidgeting in her living room couch.

 

Cute, adorable, and nervous as hell.

 

Wendy almost let out a yelp when Irene gives her hand a soft squeeze.

 

“Relax…”

 

Wendy could only crack a nervous smile. She had pictured this scenario inside her head a hundred times, how she’s going to confess how amazing Irene is, and how she’s undeserving of someone as perfect as their daughter, but how she’s going to live every day making sure Irene perfectly knew how much she adores her.

 

But all those words are a jumbled disaster in her head now, refusing to form into one coherent thought.

 

“You like tea, Wendy?”

 

Wendy was jolted back to the Kwon-Im’s living room when she heard the husky tone of Irene’s mom calling out from the kitchen.

 

“Ummm no thank you…”

 

Oh no! What if her mom took the time to make that tea? And now she’s this ungrateful bastard who made her mom do all the work of making tea and she just flat out refuses it.

 

“I mean yes, I mean no… I mean yes please, thank you so much. I love tea.”

 

“So that’s a yes?”

 

“Yes! I like tea… Tea is life.”

 

“Relax, will you?”

 

From the side, she could see Irene’s lips purse up as if trying to hide the embarrassment that she is putting her through.

 

It was her, her girlfriend and her girlfriend’s mom in the living room. It was mommy Yoona as Irene would call affectionately, who’s the more relax one. But right this very instant, there is no sign of that chill mom that Irene was talking to her about.

 

“So, you’re the one who got my daughter in the principal’s office?”

 

Wendy quickly dropped on her knees, bowing down, refusing to look up.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…”

 

“Wannie!”

 

 If people could see Wendy now, that she caused the division of South and North Korea.

 

“Please don’t make me stop dating your daughter.”

 

“It’s not her fault, mom.” Irene defended, squeezing Wendy’s hand reassuringly. “We both wanted it.”

 

“You know Yuri’s parents met me at their house; you are pretty bold climbing a tree.”

 

“I ummm…”

 

“Yah Yoong,” Yuri slaps her wife gently on the shoulder. “Irene’s curfew on weekdays is at 10 and on weekends are at 11.”

 

“Yes, ma'am.” Wendy pulls out her phone. “Let me save that.” She furiously types on her phone. “I will never bring her later than that, never. I promise you that.”

 

Yoona and Yuri both tried to hide their amusement at their daughter’s adorable yet dorky girlfriend. There was no way on Earth that this girl is trying anything predatory with her daughter.

 

“Wow… Ms. Kwon- Im,” Wendy’s eyes brighten after taking a sip of the tea. “This is the best tea I ever tasted.”

 

“It’s Lipton.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Irene smacks her forehead again, wondering how many times she’s going to smack herself by the end of the night.

 

“So, we heard Irene’s version of the story, so what’s yours?”

 

“About what happened with Irene? I well, I asked her to be my girlfriend and when she said yes, I lean in to kiss her. And then we know what happens next.”

 

“Oh yes, we did.”

 

“I ummm… I want to apologize again for what happened. If I had to do it again, then I wouldn’t have done it.”

 

Irene’s grip on Wendy’s hand loosens after hearing Wendy’s confession.

 

“I wish I waited, planned to tell her in a romantic place with flowers and maybe chocolates instead of the school stairwell but I got- nervous and I… I even forgot what I said to her. It kinda feels stupid now that I think about it because I could remember everything about Irene. I remember the first time I saw her in our English class when we were freshmen, the time Seulgi introduce us in the cafeteria, the time when I realize I had fallen in love with her, but I couldn’t for the life of me, remember what I said to Irene this morning.”

 

Wendy smiles softly before looking up at her girlfriend’s parents.

 

“But what I could remember was how happy I was when Irene said yes, and how it the best moment of my life when we finally kiss. But as much as it was the most awesome moment of my life, I wish I waited, so I could give Irene the best kind of confession that she deserves.”
 

Short, adorable, nervous as hell and now add the best daughter in law any parent can have.

 

“It’s not the confession that matters,” Yoona adds. “It’s what you do after.” She smiles back at Wendy, easing a bit of Wendy’s feelings. “So, you look like the type who keeps her promise?”

 

“I am.”

 

“Just promise us you would take good care of our daughter and we will be okay. Right Yul?”

 

Yuri smiles, what was she worried about earlier?

 

“Yes.”

 

*

 

“I want us to be more than just a hi and a hello.”

 

 “Huh?”

 

Irene squeezes Wendy’s hand tighter, pausing as she delights at the confused look on her what now? Girlfriend of 9 hours? It was way past her curfew, but Wendy must have gained her parents approval if they let her walk Wendy to her car.

 

“That’s the first thing you told me when you were trying to confess.” Irene reaches out for Wendy’s other hand, facing her girlfriend.

 

“I want to get to know you more, Hyunnie.” Irene continues, eyes twinkling mischievously. “I want to talk to you about everything and at the same time, about maybe nothing at all. I just… I want to know you, and maybe if I’m lucky… you would like to get to know me too. Then,”

 

Irene intertwines their fingers together, before pressing their foreheads together.

 

“You took my hand and said, will you make me the happiest girl alive and be my girlfriend?”

 

“I said that?” Wendy’s expressive eyebrows reacted again, knitting furiously at how cringe worthy she is. And Irene pulled their hands apart and decided to make it a habit to smooth those brows. “How cringeworthy…”

 

“You’re not nicknamed cringeworthy Seungwan for nothing.”

 

“But you said yes, right?” Wendy's  lips tugged in a soft smile.

 

“Yes, I did.”

 

Wendy pulled away hesitantly as she unlocks her car door, but before she steps in, she wraps her arms around her girlfriend. And for her, nothing in this world felt more perfect than having Irene in her arms.

 

“For what it’s worth, Wannie. I still think this is the best day of my life.”

 

“Mine too.”

 

Irene gazes flickers quickly from those chocolate brown eyes from Wendy’s lips then back at her eyes again. But before her brain gets the chance to think, she tasted those sweet lips that left her brain struggling again.

 

 “Call me when you get home?”

 

“Definitely!” Wendy gives Irene two thumbs up before accidentally knocking her head in the roof of her car. “Kekeke…” She laughs embarrassingly, nursing both her bruised ego and bruised head, before stealing a kiss on Irene’s lips.

 

“Good night, Hyunnie.”

 

“Good night, Wannie.”

 

This was a day of many firsts for Irene, first girlfriend, first kiss, first trip to the principal’s office, first time getting caught by her parents. But for what it’s worth it, Irene could say it again and again that this turned out to be the best day of her life.

 

And with a girl like Wendy, Irene knows that the best days are yet to come.

 

TBC

 

A/N I hope you guys do enjoy! Thank you for reading!