The Confession, the Date, the Deal and the End

Midnight Love Story

 

The Confession, the Date, the Deal and the End

 

Genre: Romance, One Shot

Pairings: DaraHae only

Summary: I made a deal with her to break up once we pass our entrance exams and enter the university. I'm simply stupid.

 

Dara’s POV

I was staring blankly at my notebook while my teacher was talking about Moral Maturity stages. My head was hurting like hell and I felt like I was going to throw up. Fortunately, this subject was our last till lunch.

The bell rang and I immediately grabbed my best friend from her seat and quickly went to the clinic. The nurse gave me a medicine tablet and suggested that I should first take a rest. After an hour, I woke up and found that my best friend, Bom, was already gone. I breathed heavily and drank the glass of water beside my bed while thinking of my dream. I suddenly heard the door open but wasn’t able to identify the person who just came in since the divider was blocking my way. “Yah, Park Bom” I called without even confirming who the person was. “What?” I heard my best friend’s familiar voice ask. I smiled when I realized that my guess was actually right.

I was still smiling when I heard the clinic door close. After a few seconds, I heard it open and close again. Thinking that Bom was just goofing around again, I didn’t bother to leave the bed and see if she was still in the room. Minutes passed when I was able to hear a noise coming from the other side of the room and thought that Bom was still with me.

I suddenly remembered my dream and grinned. “Yah, do you want to hear my dream?” I asked. A low groan was all I got in response but I still considered it as a yes. I smiled widely just thinking about my dream. I sighed first then started to speak. “Okay, so you do know Lee Donghae right?” I asked. I suddenly yawned right after my question so I wasn’t able to clearly hear her answer but I still continued. “I dreamt that he confessed to me after school at the bus stop and that I gladly accepted it” I cheerfully stated. I was smiling widely and recalling my dream until I heard the door open once again. I heard someone get up from the bed beside mine and ran outside the clinic.

The nurse then took a peek at me and asked if I was fine. I nodded, got up, grabbed my bag and went to our class. As soon as I reached the classroom, the school bell rang signaling that the school time was already over. I saw Bom walk over towards me and smiled.

“How was your sleep?” she asked. That’s weird. She was just in the clinic a few minutes ago. I thought.

“It was fine” I still answered.

On the way home, Bom told me that she was going to take the subway since she wanted to visit her cousin for a bit leaving me alone to take the bus. While heading at the bus stop, I saw my crush since the 6th grade sitting alone on the bench. I made baby steps as I got closer to him and realize he was actually staring at me. I stopped immediately and looked back at him. We were staring at each other’s eyes for almost a minute until he decided to break it up. He blinked twice and took a deep breath. I sighed and quickly sat on the bench opposite side of him. Even if the silence between us was just for minutes, it felt like hours and days in total. He again decided to break up the awkward silence that was surrounding us by calling my name.

“You’re Park Sandara right?” He asked. I was a bit shock since it didn’t occur to me that he knew my name. And by name, I mean my full name. I just nodded slowly and slightly as a response to his question. He smiled a bit at my actions and spoke again.

“If you still don’t know me, I’m Lee Donghae” he introduced himself. Idiot, of course I’ll know your name. You’re my super duper ultra mega ultimate crush! I thought.

I was looking at him when I noticed that his face was turning red. Is he blushing? I asked myself.

“You see…” he started. “I wanted to tell you I like you” he suddenly said.

“What?!” I heard myself shout but I guess he didn’t hear since the bus beside us was beeping so loud.

He quickly stood up from his seat and leaned forward towards me, smiling.

“So, are we together now?” I heard him ask.

I honestly didn’t have an answer but my head still nodded at his question. Reflex, I thought.

After nodding, he smiled widely and grabbed my hand. He pulled me to the bus and placed me on a seat beside him. I was still surprised at what happened. But after some more time, I realized what the heck? It already happened anyways. It’s not like I can do anything about it.

 

Donghae’s POV

It’s already been two years since the day I heard Dara’s confession in the clinic. She confessed yet I was the one who asked her out, it’s kind of funny whenever I look back and think of the story. It’s still shocking for me that it was the way how we ended up being together.

It’s already our last year in school and we’re soon to graduate and take on a new leap. I decided to stay here in Seoul and take the main university while Dara decided to go back to Busan and study there with her brother. I know I should do something about this since I’ve never thought that a long distance relationship will work even if both of you love each other. But that’s the problem, even though we’ve been together for two years, it still haven’t slipped in our mouths and lips the phrase “I love you” even once. So that was when I thought and made a naïve deal with her; to break up once we pass our entrance exams and enter the university.

I was still in my thoughts when Dara showed up and back-hugged me.

“So how was the test?” she asked while placing her chin on my shoulder.

“It was fine. And sorry you’re late” I said with an emphasizing tone.

“Yah, I was only late for five minutes, are you that impatient now?” she asked with an innocent look.

I smirked at her actions but it soon turned to a wide smile as I stood up and held her hand.

“Come on, let’s eat. I’ve been hungry for the last 5 minutes” I said while smiling and pulling her by my side.

--------------------------------------------------------

When we reached the restaurant, we decided to just take out the food and take a walk in the park since there were so many people in the restaurant. We walked until we arrived at our most favorite place in the park. It was the end point of the whole place. The lake served as the end and before that was a hill where only 2 benches were placed. There was also a stone wall that separated the hill and the clear watered lake where Dara and I would always sit instead of the benches.

“Here” Dara said as she fed me a caramel bar. “Was the entrance exam easy by the way?”

I nodded while savoring the sweet taste of the caramel in my mouth. She chuckled.

“Did you rush answering the exam again?” she said fixing my scarf.

I shook my head. “Nope, but I did finish an hour earlier than the others” I stated. Ha, I’m awesome.

She huffed. “Are you sure all your answers were right?”

“Nah, I don’t know about that”

“Do you think you’ll pass?” she asked again.

“Why are you so curious? You were never like that when I was reviewing”

“Just because” she huffed again.

I puffed my cheeks and looked at her making her way to the bench.

A month ago, I decided to tell her that I was going to attend Seoul’s university instead of the school we both planned to go to. Unfortunately, she completely disagreed with my idea causing her to flood my phone with messages saying “I hate you” or such while classes were ongoing, throw pebbles at my window and then shout “You’ll never pass the exam!” in front of my house, fill my locker with notes like “I don’t need you” or “I don’t want to see you anymore” and interrupt me while I was busily reviewing for my exam. I admit she was a bit immature for acting like that but that still made me like her more for ‘caring’, if that’s the word, so much. One day though, my phone finally stopped vibrating, I was able to sleep peacefully again, my locker was completely neat and I didn’t receive any interrupting calls while I was studying. I saw her at school smiling widely and told me that she was already fine with my decision and apologized for the childish actions she did. It was really weird that she agreed about it since she wasn’t like that at all. But hey, as long as she’s fine then there’s nothing to argue about anymore, so it’s also fine with me.

“Donghae-ah” she called. “Hmm?”

“Come sit here, you might fall there” she said while looking at me sitting carelessly on the stone wall.

I jumped down and ran towards her to sit on the bench. “Do you want me to take you to Busan tomorrow for your exam?” I asked.

She immediately looked at me and shook her head. “No thanks, I decided to go by myself. You though, should just rest and enjoy your free day tomorrow since there’s no more tests coming up.” She said.

“Huh? How did you know there are no more upcoming tests?” I asked, clearly confused.

She awkwardly looked at me and smiled. “You told me” she claimed.

“I did?” I asked myself trying to remember if I really did tell her.

I was still busy coping up with my thoughts until I realized she wasn’t sitting beside me anymore. I looked around and saw her walking on top of the stone wall her arms trying to balance herself.

“Yah!” I shouted. She looked at me and immediately stopped moving. “You just told me earlier that I might fall when I was just sitting there and now you’re carelessly walking looking like you’re going to jump to the lake anytime soon, you’re going crazy aren’t you?” I said as I walked towards her.

She chuckled and carefully sat on the wall her back facing me. I climbed up the stone and joined her. She slowly placed her head on my shoulder and sighed as we looked at the calm view of the lake. It was silent for a few minutes but it was definitely not awkward. Her presence was really something I’d miss after we separate. I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

“Did you pass the exam?” Dara asked smiling. ”Yeah, you?”

“Yup” she nodded.

I looked at her and smiled. I was hesitant to talk but I still did. “So, what happens next?”

She looked at me and fixed her beanie. “Want to have our one last date?” she asked and held her hand out.

I looked at her for a second and intertwined my hands on hers. “Sure” I answered smiling.

 

“Where do you want to go?” I asked while walking and swaying our hands together.

“The ice skating rink?” she suggested. “I think it’s already close.” I said.

“Watch a movie perhaps?”

“There are no good movies available today”

“The amusement park?”

“Nah, it’s too far”

“Kona Beans?” she thought again.

“I don’t feel like going there now”

“Handel and Gretel?”

“No thanks”

“Yah!” she yelled. If you’re going to decline all my suggestions then why ask me in the first place?” she said as she gently smacked my right arm.

I chuckled. “Well, if you’re going to suggest the places we’ve already been to for the past week then it’s no fun right? This is our last date together; we should at least try something more fun and new”

“Like what?” she asked and looked at me.

“Hmm, go to the playground maybe?”  I proposed.

She looked at me with a blank expression for a couple of seconds and talked. “I would rather go to a boring library than there” she implied.

“Ouch, well that hurt” I huffed. We both laughed to ourselves and started walking again with Dara leading the way. The next thing I knew, we were on our school’s playground after a long walk.

“What are we doing here?” I asked looking at Dara.

“Well, you wanted to go here, right? Then ta-da, we’re here!” she said as she spread her arms widely and sat on one of the swings.

“So what, we’re going to spend our last date in here?” I asked again. “Duh?” she replied. I rolled my eyes and sat on the swing beside her.

It was weekend that time and there were no one except for us in the school. We were playing non-stop for hours; I didn’t even know what time it was. We ran around the school, role played in each and every classroom that was unlocked, messed up the arrangement of books in the library, played all the instruments available in the music room, played basketball on the court, danced strangely and awkwardly at the gym and used the school’s microphone and speaker for our epic performance. It was a very fun day, the most fun day I could ever think of. The last thing we knew was that it was already dark outside. We walked outside the school building and went to the playground once again.

“That was fun” Dara said a grin drawn to her face. I nodded.

“You’re leaving tomorrow, right?” I inquired while I climbed up to the top of the slide.

“Yeah” she said as she stood up from the swing and moved to where I was.

“Can’t you just, like stay?” I muttered.

She looked at me and made a little laugh.

She was holding to a bar and her back was facing me so I back-hugged her. I placed my chin on her shoulder as she leaned her head over mine. We were like that for minutes and strangely, I wanted it to last longer, longer than just an hour, longer than just a day, longer than I could ever imagine. And to think we weren’t even kissing at that time just made me feel like saying the words that have been running and wandering in my mind the whole day.

“Dara” I said as I hugged her tighter. “Yeah?” she asked.

“I think I’m falling in love with you” I sighed.

She held my arm and moved it away from her and slowly turned around to face me. Is she angry? I thought.

“You think?” she said as she tilted her head. “Huh?” I questioned as I reached for the bar behind her to prevent us from falling on top of the slide.

“You just think you’re falling in love with me?” She asked softly.

It took me a few seconds to register the thing she was asking me then I finally realized and spoke. “No” I shook my head. “I am already falling in love with you” I confessed.

She looked at my eyes gently and immediately tackled me for a hug.

“Yah! Don’t do that, we might fall!” I shouted with shock while I tightly held the bar I was holding onto the whole time for dear life. I heard her giggle and said, “I also feel the same way Donghae” as she loosened her embrace and leaned forward to kiss me.

I insisted to walk her home since it was already night and this was our last time seeing each other before she leaves. We were already in front of her house after a short walk.

“Wow, I didn’t know your house was near the school” I proclaimed as I breathed out lightly causing a mist of white to form in front of my mouth.

She chuckled. “Donghae-ah, my house is 4 kilometers away from the school, how is that even close?” she said.

I blanked. “So, we just walked 4 kilometers in a short amount of time?” I asked Dara and also myself.

“It’s already been an hour of walking Donghae” she stated.

I tilted my head as I was amused on how the time flew so fast when it was the only time I wanted it to be as slow as possible.

“So, it now ends here right? Our relationship ends, the deal starts" Dara said as she looked up to me. “

I felt a tug in my chest after I heard her words. Our last day together turned out to be the first day where my feelings towards her started to convey and grow. But I can’t blame her, this was all my fault anyways, if I hadn’t suggested and made that deal I thought about then this wouldn’t have happened. I sighed.

“Yeah, our last day… our best day together too” I proclaimed.

 “Like what they always say, save the best for last.” She giggled as she slowly took one step back to the door.

I smiled. “Bye” I mumbled.

“Bye” she waved hesitantly and went inside the house. “Saranghae” I softly said as I watch the door in front of me close.

 

4 months later

I sighed. I took a sip of my coffee as I headed out to the school building. It was my first day going to the university and I wanted it to start good. This, by the way, is also the same day Dara will be having her first day in her university. I bet she already met someone there. I scoffed at the thought and continued walking.

It was a sunny morning and dried leaves were slowly falling from the trees surrounding the university. It was still early but there were already plenty of students present causing noises to surround the place. I sighed and continued walking towards the entrance gate where leaves were continuously and endlessly falling. I walked on a slower pace when I noticed a familiar girl standing alone meters away from me. I looked at her closely and warily as I slowly moved towards her. She was wearing the same uniform as me, her hair was locked under her scarf, her presence brought a lot of relief to the nervousness I was feeling and her smile was still as heavenly as before.

“Dara” I managed to say beyond the feeling of disbelief in my mind.

I was still in shock when I saw her smile at me. She walked towards me and gave me a wider smile as she fixed my scarf. “Hey” she greeted.

I froze up upon hearing her voice once again. Her touches while she was fixing my scarf felt so good and fitting. I blinked multiple times and held her hand to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. It’s real. I thought as I pulled her into a big hug.

“W-why are you… here” I asked as I stared at her.

She giggled and her hand on my face. “Duh, didn’t you tell me to just, like stay here?” she said.

I tried to recall the time she was proclaiming and when I did I told her, “But, that was after you took and passed the exam”

She nodded. “Yeah, but after the ‘rebellious act’ I displayed to you long before that, I decided to just take the exam here with you. It was a little hard though since we were in the same room when we took the exam but luckily, you didn’t look at the girl behind you or else you would’ve caught me and my plan would have been ruined” she stated.

I laughed. “So you were the girl that was scolded by the proctor for not reviewing her answers!” I screamed out.

“Yah! I finished reviewing my answers 20 minutes before you even finished answering the exam. I was scolded by the teacher for an hour and a half that’s why I was 5 minutes late on meeting with you that day” she exclaimed.

“And that’s also the reason why you knew that there were no upcoming tests after that day, right?” she nodded happily.

“By the way” she said. “Remember that night on our last day?” she asked.

“Yeah” I muttered looking at her eyes.

She tilted her head and smiled at me. “Just as a reply to your last words that day… I love you too

 

End



 

A/N: Merry Christmas to everyone!!! :D I was stuck on finishing this story since I thought of another idea when i was listening to Lies by Bigbang... but that story has a bad ending so i thought since it's christmas i decided to just finish this up first...hehe. If you're wondering why are there bold and italicized words in the story, it's because of the title  so yeah..

and also COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

comments means faster update~!

GIFSET AND GIF BONUS~ Judge and Guy no.3 as Forgetful Donghae (lol, he's always no. 3)