Mockingbird

Mockingbird
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For many years, people's IQ based on the category they were and people like Einstein, Edison, Ibn Sina  were known as geniuses people . One common definition of IQ, ability to adapt to the environment. But since 1990, with the introduction of so-called emotional intelligence, scientists got another concept important in knowing a person's behavior; this new intelligence as emotional intelligence was investigated.

...

 

February 10

 

Don't cry ...

 

a word that keeps whispering on my lips , I don't want to hear it ... there is a pain in my chest , I can't breathe . am I dreaming again ?

 

with a white chalk in his hand, he draw little and big hearts on cold ground , each had a number inside .

 

1,7,0,76,200

_ one mischievous little woodpecker ... today poking your holes , ruining the woods. the angry old forest god turned your beak into a poison knife. poor little woodpecker , your nesting holes are all tainted ... your food , rife with toxins. if you touch your friends , they will all die. oh sad little woodpecker. poisonous tears , shining brightly , as they stream down your cheeks.

 

White chalk became so small that dragged Baekhyun's fingers with it on the ground. little he did know there is a tall man behind him.

 

Chanyeol : Byun Baekhyun , what are you doing on my backyard again ?

 

Baekhyun covered his face with his slender fingers and shook his head from right to left.

 

Chanyeol laughed at his neighbors child like behavior and sat beside him , shot a sad look on his injured fingers.

 

Chanyeol : let's get inside the house , and take a look at your pinky fingers.

 

he took Baekhyuns delicate hands and guided him toward the house.

 

indoors Baekhyun sat on wooden table and waited, Chanyeol came out from kitchen with a box in his hand. He sat in front of Baekhyun and opened the box then picked up the can of adhesive bandage. carefully wrapped them around the petite boy's fingers. Baekhyun looked at his left hand with wide eyes , adhesive bandages had heart shaped design and it was so cute for Baekhyun. Chanyeol noticed some blurry drops in Baekhyuns eyes.

 

Chanyeol : does it hurts ?

 

_ the tip of my fingers burns, as if it is toxic ...

 

Chanyeol was used to Baekhyun's way of talking , he didn't have mental problems , he was just different. Chanyeol knew that well. he took Baekhyuns hand and kissed away the pain on his fingers , Baekhyun's colorless cheeks became red and his pink lips smiled for the first time on that day.

 

...

 

 

February 11

 

Fragile dreams ...

 

careless to the meaningless words on black board , he wrote with crimson red on a white paper ...

 

I wanna cut through my skin, And pull you within

 

In the darkness ...

 

My heart burns like the sun , As our flesh becomes one

 

My heart aches at the sight of you , Trembles and quakes within sight of you

 

Our bodies burning , Tides are turning . Somehow stopping time

 

What is becoming of my heart and mind?

 

I will surrender my soul , And give you control

 

Make me a martyr for love , To the heavens above ...

 

he noticed his friend sat beside him and tried to read what he wrote.

Luhan : what are you writing ?

Baekhyun immediately hide the paper behind himself.

_ no..nothing

Luhan : hmm really ?! wait , you are writing for your important one ?

_ huh ? Baekhyuns important one!

Luhan : yea for February 14.

_ is it a special day ? what should Baekhyun do ?

Luhan : well usually you do something special for the one you love to make them happy.

- the one Baekhyun ... Love !

Luhan : like buying chocolate.

_ Baek loves chocolate.

Luhan : idiot , it doesn't matter if you like it or not argh forget it ... well the class already finished but you were on your own world to notice it .

_ ohhh~

After collecting belongings , he head home. he leaned on bus window , he played with the tip of his fingers that wasn't hidden in the sleeve of his black turtlenecks. When passing through the underpass, he closed his eyes tight and pressed his lips on each other.

muttered under his breath : Twilight sky breaks because of my cry, as I stare angels wings I'll fall like frozen droplets , like a vain life , so light and quiet . Flames of pain, will burn me to ashes from his memories and I'll fall forever like forgotten breathes  ...

When he got off the bus he saw Chanyeol who was getting in his car. Baekhyun ran to Chanyeol and back hugged him.

Chanyeol : Baekhyun ? you just arrived from university ?

Chanyeol turned around and hugged him back , Baekhyun hide his face in Chanyeols  chest then nodded as response to his question.

Chanyeol : I'm going to visit Mudong , wanna come ?

Baekhyun scowled even though Chanyeol can't see it , Mudong someone who was important to Chanyeol ... Mudong a beautiful girl who Chanyeol kept all of her pictures in his room.

_ Baek wants to come.

Chanyeol smiled and opened cars door for him.

on their way to hospital , Chanyeol kept looking at Baekhyun . he remembered the first time he met this boy ... how could he forget.

 

_flashback_

2 years ago

 

the sky just couldn't stop crying , rain drops mixed with tears fall forever . with every step he took it becomes more difficult , it was like he didn't have strength . he breathed heavily between gritted teeth , as minutes past by the rain drops calmed down.

why she ... why ? Mudong did nothing wrong , so why should she suffer from these much pain ? he though.

life was ridiculous , they said she needs a miracle to open her eyes again because it has been three years already that the young lady closed them to this cruel world. Chanyeol never left her side , even her parents came barely to visit her but for Chanyeol it was more difficult. he thought he finally found his one and only love but they just spend 1 sweet year at high school together. until that awful accident , her father blamed Chanyeol. if it wasn't because of a friend like Chanyeol it could've never happened. Chanyeol wished he could bring back the time but it was a pure annihilation. their dreams disappear just like Mudongs heart beats. 

he stopped at his back yard of his house and stared at sky , gray clouds monochrome bustles. sunlight cast shadows, dusk is changing its color. world is blurred ...

just die ... that was what Mudongs father said.

Chanyeol : I wanna die already ...

with a soft plop sound he turned his head , there was someone who just came to his yard secretly.

Mudong! no it's a ... boy ?

the boy turned around slowly and smiled at him , he was really beautiful and petite , his hear was wet because of rain. he sure stole Chanyeols breath with his deep eyes.

_ if you wanna die, Baekhyun will be happy to kill you ...

said with a sweet smile then he grabbed a metal rod from the corner of the wall before he attack Chanyeol with it.

but Chanyeol who was shocked tried to elude from it.

_ why did you evade ?

Chanyeol : wh..what ?

another attack and Chanyeol fell on cold and wet ground.

Chanyeol : what the hell are you do...

_ I see!

Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes as the boy neared him.

_ you were lying.

Chanyeol : no I wasn't (he shout)

Baekhyun bend down and put his left hand on Chanyeols chest.

_ were so. Right here it's saying " I don't want to die ".

Chanyeols eye drown at Baekhyuns , which shine bright.

Chanyeol : how is it you can tell ?

_ Baek can.

Chanyeol : but you don't even know me...

the pretty boy's face was so near to his . he could clearly feel Baekhyuns warm breath on his lips.

_ I do so. Chan and Baek are friends !

Chanyeol : how do you know my name ?

_ if you don't really want to die , then cheer up.

Chanyeol : what are you talking about ? besides if we're really friends , you wouldn't have tried to kill me.

_ you wouldn't kill ? (tilted his head)

Chanyeol kept his breath ... then with glassy eyes almost yelled : NO ! I'd never... kill my friends...

then his tears fall down once again ...

Baekhyun with bandaged hands his head and began to sing : one mischievous little Mockingbird, cry tears of blood if they betray you, do not worry and sing with me mercilessly. ruin my life with your night dark wings , the enemy of dreams. I'll keep this secret with me to the timely destruction of my body and soul. Oh my poor Mockingbird, If you touch your friends they will all die. Poor little sad bird, your beautiful voice dies in the memory when you sing words of Love . . .

_End of Flash Back_

 

he smiled to that memory , Baekhyun was truly so weird.

at hospital Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked over window at a lifeless girl who was sleeping peacefully on a bed with many machines.

Chanyeol touched the glass ... soon it was Valentine's day and he really wanted to give her , the thing he made five years ago just for her. he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter