Liar

Hate

“Your eyes are telling me
Liar liar liar, don’t lie to me
I don’t wanna know anymore
I don’t wanna know know know
Not anymore, no no no, it’s over”

I sighed as I began cleaning our bedroom. Taehyung was never one for cleaning so, as a result, I have to deal with it. It’s the same thing, over and over again. I’ll ask him to help me clean and he groans loudly and tells me ‘Next time hyung! I promise I’ll clean next time!’ and then he doesn’t. I don’t know why I never get on his case about it. I started simply, clearing trash or any dishes that somehow ended up making their way into our room. I then emptied the hamper. At least he always put his clothes into the hamper no matter what, otherwise cleaning would be ten times worse. I grinned slightly as started the washing machine that was hidden in the corner of our appointment, thinking that Taehyung was at least making a small effort. I walked into the living room to get the vacuum, seeing Taehyung glued to his phone a slight scowl on his face. I walk over to him tapping the top of his head making him pop up and lock his phone immediately. ‘weird’ I thought but brushed it off.

“Hey Taetae, What with the face?” I asked as he blinked at me for a moment.

He just shook his head and smiled at me, causing me to smile back.

“Well, I’m almost done cleaning the room, no help from you I might add.” I joked “I just need to vacuum.”

He nodded as I went to grab the machine from the hallway closet.

“Jin-hyung.” I heard him call from behind me. I turned to find him standing a few feet away rubbing his upper arm awkwardly, a guilty look on his face.

“Yeah? What’s wrong Tae?” I asked scrunching my eyebrows together.

“I…” He paused, gulped slightly “I’m sorry.”

“Jeez, it’s just cleaning Tae.” I laughed “You do this every time, I don’t really mind that much anymore.”

“Just… cleaning.” He nodded slightly “Just cleaning.” He repeated.

I shrugged his weird behavior off and grabbed the vacuum, heading back to the bedroom. I knelt down to plug it in, in the process glancing under the bed. Something white and blue catching my eye. I leaning over reaching under the bed grabbing it.

‘‘A sock?’’ I thought. I inspected it, it wasn’t mine, nor Taehyungs. We both wore colorful socks with designs on them. This one was too simple, the only color being on the toe and heel.

“Tae!” I called, he showed up at the door moments later. “Do you know whose sock this is?”

 I thought I saw something that resembled panic, or fear, flash through his eyes. “Maybe it’s Jimin’s? O-or Jungkook’s. I had them over yesterday while you were at work.” He said calmly, but the look in his eyes was anything but calm. His eyes told me he was hiding something.

“Really?” I asked as nonchalantly as I could, worry brewing in the back of throat.

“Yeah, but Jimin had to leave a little early so it was just me and Kookie for an hour or so.” He explained as he fiddled with his fingers, something he only did when he was nervous.

“Tell him he forgot his sock then.” I sighed as he nodded.

 I stopped asking. I didn’t want to know anymore. If I asked anything else, I might get an answer I didn’t want, I wanted to live in a peaceful ignorant bliss. I already knew that he and Jungkook he getting too close to be platonic. I already knew that at least one of the three hickeys on Taehyung’s neck wasn’t mine. I didn’t want to acknowledge these facts, and I didn’t want to know anymore.

I watched him turn around about to head back into the living room.

“Tae.” I said before he could make a move to leave. He turned back towards me.

“Yes hyung?” he smiled

“I love you.” I smiled

His smile faltered for a second.

“I love you too.” He said quietly, his eyes not meeting my own.

The only thing that went through my mind at that moment was an echo of liar, over and over again.

Please don’t be lying to me Taehyung” I thought as I smiled at him until he left the room.

I knew in my heart my relationship was already coming to an end.

“Go, go, this is it for us
Get out get out turn around and go”

Taehyung and I had our first fight in a long while. I don’t even know what it was about, if I’m being honest. Probably something stupid. I’ve been staring at the door Taehyung slammed shut for five minutes now. I can’t remember if he left on his own or if I told him to leave. I brushed the tears that were threatening to escape my eyes away as I moved from my spot. Moving slowly, I made my way over to the kitchen. I watched my hands shake slightly as searched our fridge for a beer. Alcohol was the only solace at times like this. I thought of calling Yoongi or Namjoon but quickly dismissed the idea knowing that I’d accidentally let something that I shouldn’t slip out of my mouth. I sighed as I sunk down to the floor opening the bottle in the process. I tried to recall what had started the argument in the first place, and how it ended with me trying to drown my sorrows with the fowl taste and slight buzz of alcohol running through my system.  It was only twenty minutes ago and yet it seemed so long ago.

"Jin!" I remember he called as he made his way to the front door "I'll be back in a little while"

"Where are you going?" I asked before he left. He closed the door and turned back to me.

"I'm gonna go hang with Jungkook for a while." He stated with a slight bit of annoyance in his voice. I tried not to frown at the younger's name leaving my lover's lips.

"When will you be back?" I asked as casually as I could, trying not to let my distaste be known.

 "I don't know." He crossed his arms over his chest "Why does it matter?"

"I need to know if I'm making dinner for the two of us or if I'm dining alone." I felt a bit of anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach, and I hoped my voice wouldn't reveal it. I heard Taehyung sigh as he stared stiffly at the ground.

 "I don't know Jin." He repeated.

"Just text me then." My voice sounding more bitter than I intended.

"Why are you like this?" He sounded more annoyed than anything.

"What do you mean Tae?" I asked surprised at the sudden question.

"You ask where I'm going, and then you become bitter and-" he took a breath "Never mind."

"Dont" I said "don't just leave there Tae, what do I do?" I truly wanted to know what I was doing so wrong.

"It's nothing." He mumbled

 "Bull." I snapped "What. Do. I. Do. Tae?" I emphasized every word.

"You become bitter and it's like you stop caring." He blurted out. "You never ask me to stay, or tell me when to be back."

 "I thought that you would want to have a little freedom Tae." I scrunched my eyebrows "Do you want me to set a curfew? Do you want me to tell you to not go out? Do you want me to be a third parent?" I rambled slightly "I didn't think letting you live your life how you wanted was a bad thing Tae."

"It's not but" he paused to take another breath "but neither is too much freedom."

"I'm sorry for trusting you to be a responsible adult." We stayed silent for a few minutes. Neither of us meeting the others eyes. There was so much tension in the air you could probably cut it with a knife.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Jungkook lately." I don't know why I said that. I really dont know why I brought it up.

"Yeah well," I heard him scoff slightly "you've been spending a lot of time at your office." He was right. I have been spending a lot of time at the office. I felt bad for that but we needed the money.

 "I'm sorry that I'm working so hard on providing a roof over your head and food on the table, while still leaving enough for whatever the hell you do." Why did I have to be so stubborn? Why couldn't I just apologize for doing so much overtime? I don't know.

"We don't need the extra money Jin." He snarled.

 "Says the one who spends most of it."

 "WELL WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO JIN?" he raised his voice

"IF YOU DONT LIKE ME WORKING SO MUCH THEN WHY DONT YOU GET A JOB TAE?" I responded at an equal volume. All I saw was shock on his face. I regretted saying it. He was still in college; he didn't have time to work. I took a deep breath.

 "Jin I-"

 "I think you should go Tae." I cut him off. "Just for tonight, please."

"Jin" he stared at me with an unreadable look on his face.

"Tae, please." I begged "Just get out."

 "Fine." There was no emotion in his voice as he turned around and stormed out of our apartment, slamming the door behind him.

And that's how I ended up here by myself with a beer in my hand and tears in my eyes. I groaned loudly realizing that I literally just sent him practically running into Jungkook’s arms. I also realized that I haven't told Taehyung I loved him today. I quickly pulled my phone out and unlocked it, not knowing what my plan was. I stared dumbly at the lit up screen of the device, trying to decide what the best course of action was. After a few moments of thought I decided a text was best.

  'I love you Tae. I'm sorry for what I said... I'll see you tomorrow.

           -love Jin <3’

I read it over 3 times before finally sending it and waiting for his response. I waited hours, only moving from my spot on the floor to grab another beer. When I finally did get his response it wasn't filled with normal exclamation marks, or an overabundance of emojies like i was used to. All it read was a simple

'I love you too. -Taetae'

 I felt my heart drop and I suddenly felt all too sober for my mostly drunk state. By the end of the night the fridge no longer had any of the drinks we planned to use for our party we were hosting in a few weeks. The only thought in my head as I passed out on the kitchen floor was an echo of ‘it’s over’ until I finally lost consciousness. He showed back up the next morning wearing Jungkook’s shirt and a new light pink bruise on his neck.

“I see the end of our seemingly endless love
Don’t drag for absurd excuses
It’s late, it’s over”

I stared blankly at the wall behind the TV while Taehyung sat on his phone next to me. We hadn’t really had a proper conversation sense he came back after our fight. I glanced at screen for a brief a brief second seeing Jungkook’s nickname ‘Kookie’ at the top of the screen as Taehyung typed out something on the bottom. I didn’t want to see whatever he was saying.  I’d prefer to stay in my state of ignorant bliss a little longer. I already knew everything; I knew but I chose to ignore it. At this point I knew that I was making myself look like a fool, but I didn’t care anymore. I fixed my gaze back on the wall, I didn’t even notice if the TV was actually on or not. I’m guessing it was considering Taehyung didn’t question me when he finally tore his eyes away from the screen.

“Tae” I started quietly, my voice sounding distant.

“Yeah?” he responded softly

“What happened?” The question that’s been weighing on my mind for a few weeks finally coming out. It came out much vaguer than I meant but at least it started the conversation.

“What do you mean ‘what happened’ Jin?” He asked “What happened to what?”

“Us” My voice cracked. One word, one syllable, two letters, and my voice cracked. That one word brought so much tension into our living room, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of the TV playing quietly in the background. I held my breath as waited for the answer I was dreading. I was expecting some sort of explanation. I was expecting him to say something about Jungkook, or destiny, or love changing or something like that. I watched him chew on his bottom lip for a minute.

“I don’t know what you mean Jin.” He sighed releasing his abused lip. “Nothing happened to us.”

His response surprised me. Why was he ignoring the obvious change in our relationship? I stared at him for a long while, not saying anything.

“Nothing happened to us.” He repeated “We’re fine Jin.”

“Tae…” I grimaced slightly “Something happened, we’re not the same.”

“We’re fine Jin.” He growled “It’s just a rough patch.”

“Tae…”

“It’s late Jin.” He cut me off “Let’s just go to bed.”

I only nodded in response as I started seeing the end that I thought would never come.

“Go go go, rather than being like this
Done done done, rather than fighting against
each other – Go go go, I just can’t take it any more
Leave me alone, leave me alone”

This isn’t how it was supposed to be. We were supposed to be happy and cuddling and joking all the time. This isn’t what was supposed to happen. We shouldn’t be giving each other the silent treatment. I wanted to stop fighting every time we said more than five words to each other. I felt drained. We were trapped in the same apartment, I only ever left to go to work and he for classes.

“Hyung.” Taehyungs voice came from the kitchen. “Can we talk?”

“I don’t know Tae.” I said standing from the couch to head to him. “Can we talk? Or are we just going to get into another argument?”

“Jin.” He sighed when I finally walked into the kitchen to face him “I don’t like this.”

“I don’t either.” I crossed my arms over my chest defensively while leaning on the counter top.  “What are we even fighting about?”

“I don’t know!” he looked my he was going to cry, I probably did too.

“Maybe we just need a little time apart, Tae.” I suggested “Just a day or two. Then maybe we’ll be better.”

I saw him stiffen at my suggestion.

“Jin” He paused taking a deep breath “What are you saying?”

“Just a day.” I defended “I need to be alone for a day.”

“But…”

“Tae. I can’t take the tension any more. Leave me alone.” I paused to look at him “Just for one day.”

He nodded and walked into our bedroom grabbing a back pack that seemed to already have clothes inside. I didn’t bother asking where he was going. I knew already. It was obvious that he was going to Jungkook’s.

“Jin hyung.” He sniffed as he grabbed the door knob to the front door.

“Yeah Tae?” I answered willing the tears to away.

“I love you Hyung.” He told me while staring at the floor. His voice cracked slightly

“I love you too” I answered immediately.  He nodded as he opened the door and slowly walked out only looking back at me before closing the door. The last thing I saw before I heard the door click shut was a tear running down his face. 


I'm posting the first half for now and I'll post the other half in a few days. I'm sorry for the long wait! PLEASE COMMENT! I really love hearing your guys' opinions and thoughts!