Chapter 3: Unbelievable

A cat who was once a dragon

                “You can put that small metal away. As you can see,” the stranger hold up both of his hands, showing his chained hands “I’m pretty harmles.”

                 It was quite a sight for Baekhyun. A guy who is chained both arm and legs by a real long chain that starts from God knows where. His long hair which was not being cut properly stuck out here and there, but despite looking feral, he is clean. His face is well defined and his ears… it’s a little bit bigger than usual. His clothes look worn out and outdated but it’s clean too and his height. He is tall!

                 Feeling a bit overwhelmed by this whole new scene which he never witness before, Baekhyun relax from his fighting stance. He put back his small knife into his back pocket, but his eyes never leave the taller. After finding his voice again, Baekhyun asked, “who- no, what are you? Why are you chained here? Alone?” Baekhyun looked at the taller’s chain and try to find where the chain starts.

                 “It’s a long chain you know?” the taller chuckled, looking at Baekhyun wondering eyes.

                 Feeling like being caught at, Baekhyun felt a bit embarrassed. He didn’t mean to be impolite or anything. He is just curious. “You’re not answering my question.”

                 “I’m sorry, it’s just that, it’s been a long time since I got someone to talk to,” the taller finally walk to a nearest large rock and sit. “I’m Chanyeol by the way, from the Park family. We serve the Kim royal family as the royal dragon”

                 “Wait, what?” Baekhyun couldn’t comprehend by what Chanyeol claims to be. Sure, the Yong kingdom is currently and always has been ruled by the Kim family and they DO have their own royal dragon. But that was nearly a century ago. Dragons extinct along with all the other magical creatures. Baekhyun believes dragon do exist, but he does not believe Chanyeol.

                “Like I just said, I’m from the Park family. We serve the Kims as the royal dragon. How about you? Are you a noble? Wait, you don’t dress like one. But, noona always said, don’t judge a book by its cover-“ Chanyeol kept on talking about how one shouldn’t judge other by their clothing and how he missed all the other dragons and djinns.

                 Baekhyun thought, this guy must be crazy. That’s why he is being chained. But to this extend? “Why are you chained?” That question makes Chanyeol quiet. The taller looked down at his chained hands and feet. The cave become eerily quiet. Did Baekhyun offend him? “I’m sorry-“

“I’m not sure myself,” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and then to his chains. He was contemplating either to keep his story alone or to spill it to Baekhyun. Then he decided to share it only because he has been in this dark cave for so long and Baekhyun is his first visitor after a long time. If he don’t give a shot now, when would he have the chance again? “Would you like to hear my story?”

                 Baekhyun hesitated a bit, but Chanyeol looked determined and that’s what makes Baekhyun decide to sit on one of the large rocks and make himself comfortable. “I’m all ears.”

                 With then, Chanyeol starts his story. He closed his eyes, just to remember back his past clearly and starts, “when I was still a dragonette, my family and I used to live inside the castle. It’s a privilege for us because we were the Kim’s royal dragon. We lived happily and the country was prosperous. My dad said that he never seen a country that could let humans and us to coexist.” Chanyeol was smiling throughout the story. It was really a good time for him. “One day, when I was breathing my first fire, I saw my family flew hurriedly to me and asks me to follow my sister. I was confused, but the way my sister hurriedly pulled my hand and asks me to morph…. I had no choice but to follow her in confusion. I never thought that was the last time I will see my parents.”

                 Chanyeol stopped his story telling for a while. The thought of not seeing his parents for a long time saddens him. Baekhyun in other hand, was shocked by the story. Nearly a decade ago, magical creatures and humans do coexist, but due to an incident the king ordered all the Beastlord, who is the one that could control the magical creatures, kill all of them till extinction. Summoning them was also banned. Do Chanyeol really a dragon from that era or it’s just a crazy person making up all this story. “What happened then?” Baekhyun encourage Chanyeol to continue his story.

                “Then, my sister brought me here and things moved really quickly. She told me nothing important. It just the usual stuff like, I should be proud of my lineage and myself as the royal dragon. Then, this other guy came. He’s a Beastlord…” Chanyeol trailed off, then looking at Baekhyun with a thoughtful look.

                “What?” Baekhyun touches his own face, feeling conscious of his face. “Do I have something on my face?”

                “When I think about it again,” Chanyeol stopped and took a whiff of Baekhyun’s smell from a distance. “You smell a lot like him.”

                Baekhyun started smelling himself, and he didn’t smell any particular of scent. Just bit of the salt scent but, he can’t help it. He’s a wizard. “Salt? Was he a wizard?” Ignoring what Baekhyun said, Chanyeol stands and walks towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun flustered in his seat. Thinking should he get away or should he just stays there? Before Baekhyun finish thinking, Chanyeol is there squatting in front of him and leaned closer. Alarmed by Chanyeol’s action Baekhyun leaned away, “hey, what are you trying to do?”

                Chanyeol hold Baekhyun’s shoulder, “stay still.” Chanyeol then leaned in close to Baekhyun’s neck and took a long whiff. Then, he was pushed away harshly by an angry Baekhyun.

                 “What the Hell are you trying to do you ert?!”

                 “What? I’m not a ert! I’m trying to smell you”

                 “That’s what a erts do, you idiot!”

                 “I’m not an idiot! You know, noona said, a person who calls someone else an idiot is an idiot himself!”

                 “Well then, your noona is saying something untrue.”

                 “Are you calling my noona a liar?”

                 “What? I did not!”

                 “Yes, you just did”

                 “No!”

                 “Yes!”

                 Baekhyun thoughts this argument is useless. This Chanyeol is definitely a psycho in some way. He decided to throw the white flag early to keep his sanity. “Whatever, I’m not playing your games,” Baekhyun got up from his seat, then went to the direction of the exit.

                 “What games? Hey wait, where are you going?”

                 “Away from you,” Baekhyun picks up his pot then leaves.

                 “Wait!” Chanyeol ran after Baekhyun.

 

 

                 Chanyeol follows Baekhyun silently. All attempts of talking was brushed off by Baekhyun’s determined silence. Chanyeol decided that he doesn’t want to enrage him further so, he just follows.

                 As they are approaching the entrance of the cave, they can see the sunlight. Chanyeol then realizes that the ‘getting away from him’ means leaving. He’s not ready for this yet. He just found someone after a long time. The loneliness haven’t cured and even if Baekhyun going to leave, he doesn’t want him to leave rushing like this. A long time ago, the peoples that are responsible for his imprisonment also rushes away and leaved Chanyeol high and dry.

                 As Baekhyun arrives at the entrance of the cave, he looked back at Chanyeol with scrutinizing look then softens as he saw Chanyeol almost devastated look. “You’re leaving” Chanyeol states.

                 “Um..yeah”

                 “Why? I’m sorry. I may have made you uncomfortable with the smelling thing and all” Chanyeol tries. “Can you, not go?” with second thoughts, “please?” Chanyeol adds.

                 Baekhyun brushed his hair. Being a nice guy makes him pity Chanyeol, but he has to go. This Chanyeol dragon thing is not going anywhere. Plus, he have to get to the castle and meet Kyungsoo and the prince and all. Anyhow, he got too many things going on to stay with Chanyeol. “It’s not just that, Chanyeol. The dragon and kingdom story thing you told me just now. It’s hard to believe. Don’t get me wrong. I know dragon existed. But that was a century ago. They extinct”

                 Chanyeol was offended. Baekhyun crossed the line. Dragons are proud creature and they are powerful. They don’t just die like that. That’s why the royal family chooses them as their significant magical creature. “What are you talking about? I’m a dragon and why would we extinct? We are strong!”

                 “No, Chanyeol. They extincted! For many years now. Along with the other magical creatures. The Eradication. You know? Beastlord were ordered to kill all of them by the Royal family themselves.”

                 “DON’T TALK ABOUT THE ROYAL FAMILY THAT WAY!” Chanyeol growled. His eyes glowed gold again. This time, brighter. That make Baekhyun backed away a bit. “And what Eradication? If you badmouth the Kims again, I’ll break your neck!” Chanyeol spat.

                 After a long silence, Baekhyun finally says, “change then.” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. Puzzled. “Transform to your dragon form if you want to make me believe you. Cause now, I think you look like a crazy guy that chained in this isolated cave.”

                 “I’m not crazy.” Chanyeol raised his chained hands. “And this keeps me from changing.”

                 Baekhyun sighs. He is not going to waste his time anymore. He turned to exit the cave. “Bye then”

                 Chanyeol panicked. “Baekhyun, wait!” Baekhyun halted. This is getting annoying to him but the smaller stayed and looked. Chanyeol squeezed his eyes in concentration and tried really hard to transform. Again and again. He tried harder than he ever did years before he finally give up out of frustration. He gritted his teeth and grabbed his hair. Trying really hard until he was sweating. When his tears of frustration finally fell, Chanyeol too fell to the ground and pounded the innocent ground with anger. “Damn it!”

                 Something tugged inside Baekhyun’s heart when he saw the taller tries really hard to prove a point. He pitied the taller. He squatted in front of Chanyeol. “Hey, stop that, you’re gonna get hurt”

                 Chanyeol kept hitting the ground, then he started to hit his own head, screaming, “STUPID! USELESS DRAGON!” He was so frustrated.

                 When Baekhyun saw blood forming on the taller’s hand and head, he know, he has to stop this. “Hey, you’re bleeding!” Baekhyun hold Chanyeol’s side to stop his movement. And Chanyeol did. The former hold the latter’s head to inspect the blood, but then, he saw Chanyeol’s saddened face. His glow in his eyes lost and that tugged Baekhyun’s heart harder. Baekhyun thought for a long time to resolve this problem. He can’t just leave Chanyeol like this. Even if he’s a bit crazy. “Look. Let’s sit and talk for a bit. We’re gonna have breakfast together then I’m gonna go. Okay?”

                 No, Chanyeol wants Baekhyun to stay longer, but, if thats is all what Baekhyun can offer, then he'll grab whatever is being offered. “Okay,” he replied.

                 Baekhyun stood up, and offered both his smile and hand, “Here.”

                  “Thanks,” without thinking much, Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hand but what happened next surprised both of them. As soon as Baekhyun’s hand touched Chanyeol’s, his hand and foot chains unbuckle and just disappears.

                 “What in the world?!” Baekhyun was surprised.

                 Chanyeol was more surprised than Baekhyun ever was. “What did you do?! How did it just disappear?”

                 “You tell me. I don’t know!” Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol up quickly. Alarmed by the situation.

                 “But you’re the wizard here!”

                 “That doesn’t mean I know everything!”

                 How could it just disappear like that? Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hand and start heading deeper into the cave, “come on, and let’s go. There might be something happened at the beginning of the chain” The road wasn’t to the place they are heading to wasn’t easy. Rocks everywhere and the light from the river wasn’t helping either. Baekhyun almost fall many times during the run but thanks to Chanyeol, he didn’t. Chanyeol kept holding and guiding their way.

                 When they arrived in front of a place that looked like an entrance to a room, Chanyeol let go Baekhyun’s hand. “We’re here. It’s my room by the way” he went inside first and check the place where the beginning of the chain should be, but it was gone without a trace.

                 Baekhyun in other hand, was awed by this place. Contrasting to the dark outside, the room was brightened by some weird crystal which has blue flame sustained inside. It is the same blue colour as the river. “So the light came from here,” Baekhyun thought. After Baekhyun looked around, which there doesn’t have much too look accept from the crystal and a bed looked too painful to sleep in, Baekhyun goes to where Chanyeol is inspecting.

                 “There’s nothing. The marking is gone!” Chanyeol says exasperatedly.

                 “What marking?” Baekhyun starts inspecting too.

                 “The magic mark or whatever you wizards call it. It is the start of the chain. I tried to destroy it physically in so many ways. It was so strong. The strongest mark I have ever try to break. You just touched my hand, and it just poof?” Chanyeol walked to his rock bed.

                 Baekhyun hold up both his hands, “wait. I did not do anything okay? I just pulled you up. End of story.”

“That’s insane.”

                 “Indeed”

 

                 Both of them were looking each other. Still couldn’t believe the event just happened. After a bit long time of staring, Baekhyun felt a bit awkward, and started to roam his eyes around the room. Chanyeol in other hand, thought that maybe and just maybe, Baekhyun is his savior. His eyes gleamed. He almost pledge his loyalty to Baekhyun, but remembers he has already did his pledge with one of the Kims. Dragons don’t just do their loyalty to anyone, but when they do, they stay with their master till their life taken.

                 To brush this silent awkwardness away, Baekhyun started a converstion, “hey, what kind of crystal is this? Is it okay if I take one for sample?” Baekhyun goes to the wall and inspect the crystal.

                 Chanyeol then remembers something. He stands then closed his eyes. He concentrates like he always did. When he opens his eyes, he feels bigger and stronger. The transform was successful and painless. He looked down and called the smaller, “Hey Baekhyun.”

                When the smaller turned to his back, and found something big in front of him. He fainted.

 

 

 

 

a/n: Hi guys~! This is one of my many revelations~ (Rukia_Uchiha-sshi, I hope I don't disappoint you by making your Channie hyung a dragon ><)

Next update will have new characters in it. Try and guess who~ :D

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward for the next one. 

Thank you for reading btw. Love you guys.

OH! and thank you for an upvote, comments and subsrciption. I never thought ANYONE would subscribe to my little story ^^

THANK YOU AGAIN!  m(_ _)m