The Window to her Soul

To Kill and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early morning and Jin was sitting in the hole in the wall apartment many of the assassins used as a base in Seoul. The apartment, if it really could be called that, was dark and disheveled. The apartment had two rooms, a bedroom/living room and a bathroom. There was a large comforter on the floor as a mattress, a laptop plugged into one of two outlets, a bathroom with a rusty shower, a hot plate on the floor for a kitchen, and a door and covered window that were protected by dozens of locks to keep other people out. There was a solitary light bulb hanging from the ceiling in each room for light. It was simple and it served it’s purpose.

The mission was simple, take out the target without too much noise and stage her disappearance. There was nothing hard about this. The girl was average... A great investigative journalist, but otherwise average. The research Jin found in the database his clan had created on the laptop showed average grades at a decent high school, below average grades at the University of Seoul in journalism, y/n jumped from newspaper to newspaper right after getting her degree, never staying in one place for more than a few months. She settled on being a freelance journalist about a year ago and that’s when her interest in the clan started. The clan didn’t know how she found out about them, but they knew she had to be stopped.

Jin walked out onto the street and made his way to y/n’s apartment. It had minimal security cameras, only a few guards, and was just a one bedroom apartment in a high end part of Seoul. Y/N makes big money on her articles and nothing y/n writes is ever a small story. She broke stories about huge political scandals, art forgeries, and her most recent accomplishment, revealing the bastard son of one of the top Korean official’s defecting and seeking asylum to the United States. That story alone probably paid her rent at this place for a year.

Jin walked into the apartment complex and nodded his head at the doorman. He went to the elevator and pushed the button for the 6th floor. Y/N lived on the 8th, but just to be safe if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter