The Assignment

To Kill and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time was finally here. Jin’s 23 years of training had finally led him to the moment where he would take on his first solo mission. If he succeeds, his father will officially name him the heir to the assassin’s clan and he will receive the title of prince.

His father waited longer with him than his brother. Jin’s older brother received his first solo mission at 18. He should have been the heir to the clan, but he failed. He fell in love after being out in the real world and left the clan for her. Jin’s father, outraged at the softness in his son’s heart, vowed that Jin would not go out alone on a mission until his heart was as hard as a stone.

Five additional years of training was what his father deemed necessary. Group jobs killing families, children, people who could look innocent to the eye, but to an assassin needed to look like a target, not a human.

Jin had completed his group missions without a sign of remorse or sympathy. He had become the assassin that his father believed his brother would be. Jin, while good at his craft, did not have the skills of his brother. His kills are messier, slower, and often times he fumbles when he tries to do some of the crazier stunts. His older brother was flawless with technique, but in the end didn’t have the heart to kill. Jin could close off his heart and mind easily. He wouldn’t care who he killed, as long as he got the job done and impressed his father.

He was the last heir to the clan. If he failed the clan would pass to another family and hundreds of years of his ancestors work would be in vain. He knew what he had to do. It was his filial duty.

Jin’s father called him to the great hall of the assassin’s lair, and old traditional Korean building up in the mountains. He br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter