For Love

To Kill and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shock on Namjoon’s face was indescribable. He stood their silently waiting for his brother to continue. When he realized that Jin didn’t know what else to say he brought him inside and sat him down in his home office, locking the door behind them.

            “If you love someone bring her to the clan. You know father won’t deny you a mate. The family line needs to continue in the complex if you want the clan to continue in our ancestors’ name. I promise you that my children will never go near that life, so it’s up to you Seokjin. Your future children will take over after you, and you can’t just poof them out of thin air.”

Jin was still adjusting to hearing his full name. Jin is his assassin name, and no one, not even his own father, calls him Seokjin. The last person to use that name was his mother, and she’s been gone for years.

“It’s not that simple hyung.” Jin said, upset about the choice he must now make.

“Is it a man?” Namjoon asked confused, “Because I know father would allow ANY woman you deemed worthy to be your wife and the mother of the future heirs.”

“It’s not a man…” Jin said, unable to admit to his brother that he was just like him.

“Then what is it?” Namjoon desperately asked.

“I fell in love with my target. My first solo mission to prove my worth…and I fell for her….just like you fell for your wife…” The realization hit Namjoon about how serious this was. “She’s writing a story about the clan. She got too deep and for the safety of the clan needs to be killed. She knows all about us and what we do. I can’t just let her go and I care too much to kill her…”

“But…” Namjoon prodded.

“Father stepped in. He said that if I don’t kill her by tomorrow, he will do it himself and give me the credit so I can take over as the next clan leader. If I fail this mission V takes over. If V takes over our ancestors will be ashamed and the clan will become something it shouldn’t be. V is unstable and inhuman. I can’t let that happen…but I don’t know what to do. I can’t just leave like you did!”

Namjoon stood there contemplating what to tell his brother. It was his fault that his younger brother was in this mess since he left and this would be the end of him if he let his brother kill the girl he loves.

“I think your only option is to convince her to not run the story and to leave with you to the complex.” Namjoon said. “If she marries you and you both move to the seclusion of the complex, away from society where she could tell the story, I think father would let it go. You could kill a random civilian and bring her forth as the kill and the clan would be none the wiser.”

That seemed to be the only logical answer that Namjoon could give.

“She’d be a prisoner! Not my wife! She’d be locked in the complex in the mountains, only allowed to see the assassins and their wives and children! She would never have outside contact again! She’d basically be my concubine! She would be my wife but her only purpose would be to give me an heir. That’s insane!”

“Seokjin, it’s that or she dies. I don’t see another option here.”

That was when Jin realized what he had to do. He had to kill her to sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter