1

Chasing You

Baekhyun woke up at 7A.M to send off his son to school and he swears to god he doesn't like waking up early in the morning. He has a day off today so he takes a nap and it is 5 P.M in the evening. The man tries to open his eyes for several times but fails to do so. He is tired because the amount of work he had to do last night makes his body sore and his back hurts as heck. Being a single father to a son is tiring but that doesn't mean he should stay in bed all day. He needs to search for money so he will be able to, you know buy things just like others. 

 

A knock makes him sits on the bed with eyes half-closed. He hm-ed as an answer but he knows the knocks won't shut up until he opens the door. 

 

"Byun Baekhyun, you silly wake up! you have to pick up Jasper. You know you're late to fetch him. What if he gets eaten by dog-" Thus, hearing what his sister has said, the man quickly runs to the door just to see his sister, Byun Taeyeon is rolling his eyes.

 

They are twins but Baekhyun was born 5 minutes late before Taeyeon. He uses the 'you are the sister here,' as an excuse to everything. They live together after what had happened to Baekhyun, his sister had decided she will look after him. 

 

He was a married man. He was married with a very beautiful girl named Shin Boomi but they divorced after found out that they both couldn't live together but Baekhyun knew she was cheating behind his back. She knows about Baekhyun past relationship and about his love life before. They both were arranged by their parents to get married, Baekhyun accepted about the marriage after thinking that she was the one who stood beside Baekhyun after the man Baekhyun once loved had leave him.

 

Baekhyun liked her and they both liked each other but fate wasn't on his side, the girl he used to like cheated on him after gave birth to Jasper and took care of him for one year. Thus, he had decided to let her go.

 

"Oh my goodness, look at you!" Baekhyun is still spacing out which makes Taeyeon wants to slap him right in the face. "Earth to Baekhyun, you are late! Jasper! Pick him up! He is still in school! Probably alone!"

 

Baekhyun's eyes go wide, he has forgotten about his son for 5 minutes. He curses under his breath as he runs to the closet to wear a white plain t-shirt and jeans. Grabbing his car key, he runs off to his car. Taeyeon laughes at his silly brother. As much as she wants to admit that her younger brother is dumb, but Taeyeon loves him dearly. They both are like two friends or maybe bestfriends. The sibling always be there for each other during tough times. They had promise not to keep secrets by theirselves when they were 8, after his father died due to a heart attack.

 

"If I keep yelling like this everyday, I will get wrinkles. Swear to god Byun Baekhyun, I will put the blame on you." Taeyeon says while shaking her head before makes her way to the living room.

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun speeds off to his son's school. The traffic is getting on his nerves and he is afraid his son might be alone, probably something can happen without no one around. The man curses and punches his car starring, he is a hot-tempered. When he says yes, then you are going to listen to him or else he will curse and make you embarrassed. His face must be cute, pretty and flawless but no one in his work dares to talk bad about him. Hence, whenever the workers see him, they will bow and smile to him and Baekhyun proud of it.

 

Once Baekhyun arrives to his son's school, he sees two boys are talking to each other which makes Baekhyun feels relief. His son is talking to another boy, who is laughing his off while clapping both of his hands. Baekhyun gets out from his car and closes the door afterwards. He walks towards Jasper, who is now pouting and Baekhyun shakes his head.

 

"Jasper?" Baekhyun calls out his son's name and the boy who is pouting awhile ago forms a big smile when he sees his father. "Appa is sorry. I fell asleep you know I was busy last night, right?" Jasper just nods his head, knowing how tired his father was last night. Jasper has grown up so much and he now fully understands the reason whenever his father late to fecth him. Baekhyun turns his head to the boy who is looking at the both of them and see the boy smiles to him, he smiles back.

 

"Hi? What is your name? Will someone pick up you here?" Baekhyun goes to the boy and bends down. The boy's ears are big which reminds Baekhyun of Yoda, he chuckles quietly.

 

"My name is Chanhee! Yep, my father will come, he is a bit busy like you but he will come." Chanhee smiles at Baekhyun. Though how busy his father is, but the man always tries to make times for the both of them and Chanhee is glad to have a father like him. Baekhyun nods his head and forms an 'o', turning his head to Jasper, he goes to the boy and holds his hand.

 

"Alright, Chanhee. I am Uncle Baekhyun, Jasper's father. I think that's your father?" he points out  his index finger to a white car. There is a man who is looking down onto his lap or which Baekhyun assumes is looking at his phone in the car. Chanhee nods and stands up, straightened his school uniform. He bids a goodbye to both Baekhyun and Jasper.

 

"Bye Jasper and Uncle Baekkie! It was nice meeting you, Uncle." He bows and waves his hands at Jasper. Baekhyun knows he likes this boy and he is well-manered. Smiling towards the boy, Baekhyun waves back but Jasper's voice interrupts him. "Bye, Yoda!" He looks at the boy who is now sticking out his tongue at Chanhee. Baekhyun blinks at the nickname, he remembers he used to call someone with it. The man shrugs it off and leads Jasper to his car.

 

***

 

After biding a goodbye to Jasper and Uncle Baekhyun, he goes to his father's car and opens the door, giving a shy smile towards his beloved father. He then tries to reach his father's face, kissing him in the cheek. Chanyeol smiles at his son. It has become one of his routines to do that, it makes both of them happy and bubbly.

 

Park Chanhee, the boy shares the same age with Jasper. They both can click well although Jasper sulks a lot which makes he wants to tease the smaller even more. Chanhee hates to admit but Jasper looks so cute when he pouts and laughs. He likes those eyes, just same like his father's. Uncle Baekhyun seems like a nice person and he wants to meet the older more often.

 

Looking throughout the window, he is drowning in his thoughts about the smaller. Chanhee shakes his head. What the hell is he doing? It's impossible for someone like him to like someone at such a young age. No!

 

Chanyeol on the other hand, worries to see his son spacing out so much. He asks the boy what to eat for several times but the boys just shakes his head. Chanyeol, being a such caring father he is, he stops his car at the roadside.

 

"Chanhee, is there something wrong? Is someone bullying you in school?" Chanyeol asks worriedly as he pats his son's shoulder. The boy shivers at his father's sudden reaction. Chanhee knows his father is concerned about him but he doesn't know if he should tell his father about it or just keep quiet. Neither of them can make him relief because first, if he tell his father, he will laugh at him. Second, if he doesnt tell him and keep quiet, it's not going to get any better.

 

Grinning towards his father, Chanhee shakes his head. "Nothing, Daddy." He caresses his father's hand, telling not to worry about him.

 

"Alright, if you want tell me something, you better do. Chanhee, I am just like your friend the only difference is I am older than them and basically more understanding. You know if you want tell those little secrets of yours, just hit me up. Okay?" Chanyeol smiles and ruffles the smaller's hair. True, they both are like friends, no secret between each other. Chanyeol the type that doesn't like to make his son stress out such as studying or his love life.

 

"Anyway, how was your day in school today?" Chanyeol asks as he starts to drive off straight to their home. He always asks his son about his school after he finishes. It's no like he is being strict or what, but he likes to hear his son talking. Whenever he starts to talk, it brings something in Chanyeol's stomach. He likes to see his beloved son happy.

 

Chanhee hms before he starts talking, probably thinking and recall what had happened to school today. "Hm, you know I have a friend named Jasper. . " he says, "I started questioning myself, isn't Jasper from the ghost cartoon? so I asked him but then he started to pout! I just don't like it. ." Chanhee scrunches his nose, ". . because it looks adorable! so I asked him again, what is his real name? and then he said "Baekhee." and you know what Appa, we have the same name at the back of our names! I was about to ask more questions but his father came to us. He seems so nice and pretty! His name is Uncle Baekhyun but Uncle Baek sounds cuter, I think." 

 

After done talking, Chanhee looks at his father. His face is pale as if he sees a ghost or something after hearing the name. Chanhee frowns, "Daddy, are you listening or not?" Chanyeol, tries to smile as much as he can before nodding to his son.

 

"What's his name again?" Chanyeol asks just make sure.

 

"Uncle Baekhyun but Uncle Baek sounds cuter, why? Do you know him, Daddy?" Chanhee replies with a smile on his face.

 

". . . I don't." 

 

*** 

 

"Jasper, why you look you're mad or something?" Baekhyun asks after they reached their home. Taeyeon has already prepared the dinner. 

 

Jasper shoves all the food into his mouth and swallows them with water. Baekhyun just looks at his son who is being fierce just like him when he is angry. Jasper has been quite ever since Baekhyun had taken him to home from school and he has no idea what had happened.

 

"You know the Yoda Yada boy this evening? He said 'Jasper sounds like the ghost cartoon.' Appa, I am so mad I want to punch him in the face!" His hands turn into fists which Baekhyun assumes his son will explode anytime soon.

 

Baekhyun just shakes his head, "Goodness Jasper, I thought something happened to you. If something happens, you can talk to me or Yeonnie." The man is too far difference from Chanyeol. Baekhyun can be strict and fierce when he wants to. Taeyeon always calls him as 'head' because of his emotional unstable which makes Baekhyun always end up pouting. He knows he will never win the fight between his twin.

 


 

first chapter but i want to cry already!! please comment what your thoughts about this so i can continue because i am so . . anyway, bubbles i dont bite u can hit me up on twitter ok!!

 

gay kiss hug smoochie all over u, xoxo.