Part IV

Accidentally in Love

 

Author’s POV

Bunch of congratulation cards sent to Se Kyoung’s office, piling up on her desk.

“I can’t imagine how many cards you would receive the time you change your last name to Park,” Ye Rin chuckled.

Se Kyoung gave no answer, just stared blankly at her desk.

“Eonni, are you sure that marrying Park Chanyeol is the right thing to do? You seem—”

Suddenly Se Kyoung stood up from her seat and grabbed her purse. “I need to find him,” she said before storming out from the office, leaving Ye Rin in confusion.

 

---------

 

“Welcome, Miss… Can I help you?” greeted a salesclerk as Se Kyoung entered the shoe shop she was visiting the other day—the one Junmyeon, Kris’ friend owned.

Se Kyoung hesitantly walked towards her and asked, “Can I see Kim Junmyeon?”

“Ah, unfortunately Mr. Kim just left the store a moment ago, Miss…” the salesclerk replied.

“Is that so? Oh, do you know when he might come back?”

She shook her head, “I’m sorry but I don’t know… I just know that he left with his friend.”

“His friend?” Se Kyoung asked which the salesclerk respond with a nod.

Se Kyoung decided to leave the store after thanking the girl named Lee Young Ji. She was so sure that the friend that she meant was Kris.

 

----------

 

Se Kyoung’s POV

“Why don’t you make your own wedding gown, Se Kyoung-ah?” eomma asked as she followed me around in a well-known boutique.

Yes, we were—nope, I meant, I came here to buy—not to order or make my wed dress.

“Uhh,” I bit my lips as I tried to hide my doubt to my own decision to marry Chanyeol. “I just…”

“‘I just’ what, dear?” she said with interrogating tone.

“I just—I don’t want to mess it up, mom. I guess it’s a good choice for trusting a well-known brand for this kind of occasion.”

Eomma was still looked suspicious with my answer, but then she nodded. “Okay, if you think it’s the best for you. But I just hate to hear how you mention your wedding day as ‘this kind of occasion’. It’s not just an occasion; it’s your wedding day, dear!”

“Well, yeah,” I replied, sternly smiled.

Honestly, it was not because I was afraid to mess it up or anything. I tried so many times designing my own gown, but nothing came up on my mind! Yes, I had had designed bunch of wed-gowns for other people and I knew it was such a waste for spending my money in this place, but what else I could do? Mom loved to bring up my wedding as a hot topic every time she met her colleagues. They had ended up curious about the date which Chanyeol and I hadn’t even sure yet! I felt so much pressure.

Eomma picked some gowns for me to try. Those gowns were beautiful but none of them caught my heart. I eventually chose the one I think the most decent for me.

Minutes passed, the curtain of the fitting room opened and there I found Chanyeol staring at me with an astonished look. He called me before that he would come to the boutique, but I didn’t expect that he would come at such time. I felt really awkward in this gown, yet his stares made my face red.

“I thought your own-designed gown would fit you the best, but now I think you’ll look the best with anything, Se Kyoung-ah.”

“She is my daughter, indeed!” mom boasted with full smile on her face.

After deciding which suit for Chanyeol to wear, mom asked us to take her to a hotel around there to meet her friend who was coming from Japan.

“When do you want us to pick you up?” I asked mom before she stepped out of the car.

She shook her head, “No need to. I’ve asked your father to fetch me this evening. You two go spend some time together.”

“Alright, then, see you at home.”

 

----------

 

Author’s POV

“It’s about lunch time. What do you want to eat?” Chanyeol asked as he drove his car outside the hotel area.

The girl shrugged, “Anything.”

“Why is it? Is there something bothering you?”

“Nothing…”

“Ah, I brought some catalogs for our wedding invitation. You can check them out the time we arrive at the restaurant. Okay?”

Se Kyoung gave no answer but a sigh. Chanyeol really confused at her attitude. She had been acting like this since Chanyeol proposed to her.

“Where is he?” she talked to herself under her breath while checking on her phone.

“Are you waiting for a call from someone?” Chanyeol asked.

Se Kyoung ran her fingers through her hair and blurted out, “Do you know where Kris is now?”

After realizing of what she was just said, she snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Chanyeol. She could clearly see the unpleasant expression formed on her fiancé’s face.

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh and slightly hit the steering wheel. “He’s back to Canada.”

“Wh-What? Canada? Why would he?” Se Kyoung, who somehow ignored Chanyeol’s cold tone, asked like that was a really big deal—because it was a really big deal for her.

Chanyeol pulled over and stopped the car. “Why would you even care? He left for his hometown, the place where he belongs. Here is not his place and you should knowledge it too, am I right?”

“I’m sorry…” she finally gave up. She realized that the one who was in front of her is her future groom and she was not supposed to curious about another man like that.

“No, I’m sorry. I don’t think that was a right thing to say,” he took a pause and rubbed his nape. “He’s going home for something important, I guess. He has something he could not left behind there and that’s why I think he’s better staying there.”

Deep into both of her head and heart, Se Kyoung was still really curious about that ‘something’ Chanyeol talked about, but the thing was, her attitude had been upsetting and she didn’t want to mess things up anymore today, so she was just nodded and gave him a smiled.

 

----------

 

“Ah, you’re the high heels lady!” Junmyeon exclaimed as he saw Se Kyoung entered his shop.

Se Kyoung was a little bit surprised with that nickname, but then she smiled and walked towards him.

“H-Hello, Kim Junmyeon-ssi, I’m sorry for bothering you… I want to ask you something about—”

“Kris?” he interrupted. Se Kyoung gasped at that. Was her intention visit to his shop so obvious?

Realizing how Se Kyoung reacted, Junmyeon sighed as he murmured, “That kid is as hard as a rock, isn’t he?”

“Let’s talk in my office, if you don’t mind?” he offered as he walked towards a door not far from the cashier.

Se Kyoung looked around his office as she stepped into the office slowly. She then spotted a framed picture of Junmyeon and Kris on one of the shelves.

“You two are so close, aren’t you?”

“Hm?” he turned his head to the shelf and let out a small chuckle. “Like a brother. Please, have a sit.” Junmyeon put a cup of lemon tea on the coffee table.

Se Kyoung seated herself on a couch and took a sip of the tea.

“So, why are you looking for Kris?” Junmyeon started the talk.

The girl put the cup down and cleared . “I-I don’t know. I jus-I just want to meet him.”

“Just want to meet him? Why don’t you ask his cousin instead?”

“I did, and Chanyeol didn’t even look like he wanted to talk about it, so here I am.”

Junmyeon reached out his phone from the pocket of his jacket, pressed some digit numbers and put the phone on his right ear.

“Where are you?” he started the phone call straight forwardly.

“Someone’s here looking for you,” he said before giving his phone to Se Kyoung.

“Ya! Kim Junmyeon!” her eyes widened as she he heard the voice from Junmyeon’s phone.

“Where are you now?” Se Kyoung spoke to the man at the other line.

He took a short pause before sighing. “Why are you looking for me? Didn’t you hate my presence?”

“I want to see you,” she answered with a low tone.

“I’m not in Korea right now. I’m in Canada.”

“I know, but why didn’t you tell me?”

Junmyeon who thought that the conversation was going serious eventually decided to leave the office.

“I-I don’t know why I should do that, because I bet Chanyeol didn’t even bother to tell you either.”

“Kris,” Se Kyoung took a pause before breathing in some air. “I’m going to marry Chanyeol in three weeks.”

“… Really?” Kris was silent for some seconds. The silence that really made Se Kyoung nervous of what he would say next.

“So, why are you looking for me?”

Se Kyoung sighed. The silence that a moment ago put her hope high is broken by his cold response. “It’s just… I just want to tell you in person.”

“I’ll try to come to your wedding.”

“I’ll wait for you,” she replied before hanging up the call.

She straightened up her back and took another sip of the lemon tea.

“Why don’t you two just honest with each other’s feelings?” Junmyeon chimed in from the door. He needed something in his office when he accidentally heard some of Se Kyoung’s sayings to any obvious reply that Kris could say.

Se Kyoung didn’t give any response to what Junmyeon had said just now. She just walked towards him and nodded, “Thank you so much for your time. I need to go back to my office.”

 

----------

 

Two weeks passed just like that with professionals handling Se Kyoung and Chanyeol’s wedding. The preparation was almost complete.

“Eonni, I’m worried about you,” Ye Rin said as she measuring the size of her boss’ wedding gown.

“I’m fine, Ye Rin-ah. Why is it?”

Ye Rin sighed. “What were you thinking about these days? Look at your black circles around your eyes. Your waist size is decreasing so much. I’ve never seen you like this.”

“Don’t you know that I’m dieting? Don’t overreacting, Ye Rin-ah…”

“Stop the bull, eonni. I know you’re not dieting. Is it because the guy named Kris?”

Se Kyong scoffed, “I’m going to get married in one week yet I like another guy. I’ve gone mad, haven’t I?”

“I knew it. Why don’t you try to talk about it with Chanyeol? You might get to cancel the wedding—or another better way out, I guess…”

“I’ve tried to forget him and all the feelings I have for him, but the harder I try, the deeper I fall into him.”

“Eonni, I’m sorry but I’m going to call Chanyeol to come here. You have to fix this problem before everything gets worse,” Ye Rin said as she grabbed her phone and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

An hour later, Chanyeol came. He met Ye Rin outside of Se Kyoung’s office, who deliberately left Se Kyoung alone in her office.

“Thank you for calling me, Ye Rin-ssi,” Chanyeol said before entering Se Kyoung’s office.

Ye Rin nodded, “Please talk to her. She skipped both her breakfast and her lunch today.”

Chanyeol entered the office and saw Se Kyoung leaning her head on her arm.

“I’m sorry,” she said without facing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol walked towards his woman and hugged her. “I know this would happen… I’ll try everything to help you forget about him.”

Se Kyoung broke the hug and looked Chanyeol in the eyes. “How do you know?”

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “I accidentally heard the conversation you two had at your place the other day.”

Se Kyoung gasped as she put both of her hands over .

“I was very upset at that time but I didn’t want to make the situation between us become worse so I decided to stay quiet and hope that someday you will forget him. The thing is, I just don’t want you to disappoint.”

“W-What do you mean?”

“I don’t know that I should tell you about this or not, but I think Kris doesn’t really interested in you. The day when we first come to visit you, Kris told me that he had just met a girl who looked like Hwang Sun Hye, his deceased girlfriend. And that girl was you, Se Kyoung-ah. I’m not making any stories here. The way he looked at you was the look as he saw her.”

Se Kyoung somehow got tongue-tied. She couldn’t really hide the shock on her face. Chanyeol grabbed her hand and caress it slowly. “It’s up to you to believe it or not.”

She shook her head. “I guess I should hear this from him.”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t let you meet him, Kyoung-ah.”

Se Kyoung narrowed her brows at him and scowled. “Why?”

Because I know that you would fall for him more. Chanyeol thought to himself.

Didn’t get any response from him, Se Kyoung heaved a sigh. “We’re getting married in a week, but can you trust me? No?”

“It’s not like that. I just want you to focus to our wedding right now. You can meet him after the wedding.”

The talk was interrupted as Chanyeol’s phone rang. He turned to the other way before answering the call. He rubbed his nape as he talked on the phone, he looked somehow troubled since he left the office in the middle of a meeting.

As soon as he hung up the call, Se Kyoung walked towards him and looked him in the eyes. “I’m sorry, I will take care of this matter by myself,” she said before leaving her office.

Ye Rin who waited downstairs met her boss on her way leaving the building. “Where are you going?”

“I need to find him.”

“What? What were you both talking about up there?!” Ye Rin nearly shouted at her boss, frustatedly.

Se Kyoung shrugged. “I don’t know. I just think that this is the best thing to do right now.”

“Okay,” she let out a sigh. “When are you going to come back?”

“As soon as possible.”

“O-Okay! Make sure to show up on your wedding day, eonni!”

 

----------

 

“Se Kyoung-ssi, have you been waiting for a long time?”

She shook her head. “I need your help, Junmyeon-ssi. Please take me to Kris.”

Junmyeon was quite surprised to hear that as he straightened his back. “Are you sure? I don’t think he’ll see you.”

“Oh, and please don’t tell him we’re coming.”

“What?”

Se Kyoung ran her hand through her hair. “Please, I need to see him before my wedding.”

Another surprise. “You are getting married?!”

“Yeah, precisely, in a week.”

“No invitation for me?”

“I’ll send it right away after you take me to him.”

After hearing that, Junmyeon let out a short chuckle, reached for his phone on the table. “This afternoon’s flight it is.”

 

----------

 

Fourteen hours later, at six o’clock in the morning, Se Kyoung and Junmyeon stood in front of an apartment door number 413.

“So what now? We’re here,” the dark haired guy said as he stretched his both arms to the air. The sudden long flight already tiring yet the girl came with her couldn’t stop showering him with questions.

Se Kyoung herself wondered why she couldn’t press the door bell. She was so sure to meet him, but now, her courage disappeared just like that. She didn’t even know why she lost her courage.

Ding Dong!

A finger finally pressed the bell. Se Kyoung darted her glare to the man beside her.

“Why? I was just helping you.”

“Who’s that?” a voice came out from the intercom.

Se Kyoung rushed herself to Junmyeon’s back and poked him to talk.

“Kim Junmyeon. Quickly open the door, I need to sleep.”

“Another surprise from Kim Junmyeon,” grunted Kris.

Click!

The door opened and Junmyeon waved lazily at his friend. “Hey, what’s up?”

Kris furrowed his thick brows as he realized that Jumyeon was not alone. “Who’s with you?”

He tilted his head and their eyes met. “Good morning, Mr. Wu. Can we come in?”

 

----------

 

“What do you want for drink?” asked Kris from the kitchen.

Instead of answering Kris, Junmyeon approached him with his sleepy head. “Can I use your room?”

Kris who knew his friend too well nodded his head. “Yeah, yeah, go ahead.”

“So, what do you want to have for drink? Orange juice or milk?” he asked Se Kyoung.

“Orange juice, please.”

He placed a glass of orange juice and two pieces of toast on the table which was full of empty beer and soda cans.

“You haven’t had your breakfast, right?” asked Kris. Se Kyoung nodded and sipped her juice.

“Is Chanyeol coming to get you?”

Huk!

Hearing his questions, Se Kyoung almost choked on her drink.

“He doesn’t even know I’m here.”

Kris leaned his back on the sofa and sighed. “So what do you want, coming all the way here...”

“I just want to make sure about something.”

“I don’t know whether or not I could come to your wedding,” he said, folding his arms on his chest.

Se Kyoung shook her head. “That’s not it. I came here to ask about Hwang Sun Hye...”

Kris looked surprised as he heard the name. “How—How do you—Ah, Chanyeol must have told you.” He took a pause before sighing. “She has nothing to do with you. She was only a part of my past.”

“I might be too far, but honestly, what Chanyeol had told me before bothered me.”

Kris suddenly rose from the sofa and turned away. “You resembled her and I liked you because of that.”

Se Kyoung couldn’t hide the shock from hearing what Kris had said.

“Did he say that?”

“Yes. I need to hear it from you,” she said as he held her glass firmly. “And... It turned out true.”

“Honestly, I’ve decided not to tell anyone about this, especially you.”

“What do you mean?”

“You really were resembled her. I thought that I had seen her when I looked at you. But as time passes by, I know that you two are different persons. Sun Hye slowly faded from you and as for the arranged marriage,” he took a pause and chuckled. “I didn’t know that it could impact me this much.”

Both Kris and Se Kyoung had their mouth shut for some seconds. Se Kyoung was busy thinking about what exactly Kris wanted to tell her, while Kris was still contemplating whether he should continue the talk or not.

Kris then finally decided to go on as he grabbed her hand. “I don’t know what kind of feeling this is, but all the things I have asked you before about this marriage are true. I don’t want you to be unhappy.”

Se Kyoung stunned. She thought that Kris was just teasing her all around. “So why did you leave?”

“I’m sorry, I really am sorry. Chanyeol and his whole family have treated me very kindly.”

Se Kyoung’s hand reached his face, made him to look her in the eyes. “Kris, I’ve fallen too deep into this and please, don’t let Chanyeol come to pull me out.”

“I wish I could,” Kris said as he pulled Se Kyoung into his arms.

A long flight really made Se Kyoung exhausted and nothing better than this sudden warm hug she received right now. “Please don’t leave me,” she whispered.

Kris could feel his heart beats faster hearing her words. He then broke the hug while a smile formed from ear to ear. “Isn’t it something that I should say? You’re the one who’s getting married, not me.”

“Your phone is ringing!” Jun Myeon shouted from Kris’ room.

He then rose from the sofa and walked toward his room to get his phone. Not long after that, Kris came while rubbing his nape. “I’m sure Chanyeol is looking for you now.”

“Ah, let him be,” she gushed.

 

----------

 

Kris’ POV

“Why is Junmyeon took so much time?” Se Kyoung huffed.

Junmyeon had been out for some fresh air for two hours now. I was sure that he wouldn’t get lost because he was living here for several months before moving to Seoul.

Se Kyoung was now leaning her head on my shoulder, starting to get comfortable, I guess. Me, too, starting to feel that nothing better than this moment. Where we could stay with each other as no one would bother us.

“You must be really tired,” I told her.

She shook her head and looked up to face me. “I am okay... As long as you’re here, with me...”

Her words just now certainly made my heart raced and I had this sudden urge to kiss her pink soft lips. She didn’t flinch a bit as I pecked her. I then decided to bet all my luck to continue this. I put my hand on her cheeks and pulled her face closer to mine so I could taste her lips more.

Se Kyoung bent her arms upwards and draped them around my neck. My lips slightly formed a thin smile as I knew that she was also enjoying the kiss.

The moment we were almost out of oxygen, the doorbell rang. We broke the kiss and caught up our breath.

“It must be Junmyeon,” Se Kyoung mumbled between her breathing. I could clearly see her reddened face she tried to hide from me.

The doorbell rang once again and she rose from her seat, “I’d better open the door.”

I grabbed her hand to stop her as I felt something fishy. “Just, go to my room. I’ll go open the door.”

She looked at me rather confused before she nodded and finally walked to my room.

The thing was Junmyeon knew my pass lock code, so why should he ring the bell?

I pressed the intercom and saw that Junmyeon was standing on my doorway with someone else. I sighed and opened the door.

“How have you been, cousin?” Chanyeol greeted me with a scoff before walking in.

I rubbed my nape while glaring at Junmyeon who then shrugged.

“Where did you two meet?”

“I was going to visit you when I saw him.”

“Ah, do you want something to drink?”

Chanyeol put his arms on his chest as he looked around my apartment. “I... just am wondering, why didn’t you answer my call?”

“You called?” I tried to look surprised. “I was in the bathroom... I think.”

“Did Se Kyoung, by any chance, come here?” Chanyeol questioned as he reached for a yellow sweater on the couch that belong to Se Kyoung.

Junmyeon and I tried our best to hide our shocked face. I then shook my head quickly, denied it. “Why is it? Last night my friend came over and accidentally left his sweater here.”

“I thought it was Se Kyoung’s.”

“I think we could get this sweater everywhere,” Junmyeon chimed in.

“Oh, you’re right,” Chanyeol replied and put the sweater back.

For some moments we could feel that nervousness was in the air that Junmyeon and I got tongue tied.

“Alright, then. I just wanted to give you this,” Chanyeol handed out an invitation which was his wedding invitation to me. “I’ve sent one to your store, Junmyeon-ah. I’m really expecting your presence.”

“Why don’t you just mail it?” I muttered.

“I just want to give it straight to my dearest cousin,” he replied as he tapped my shoulder. “Ah, yes. It looks like my Dad wants to see you. You can give him a visit sometime.”

“...Sure.”

 

..........

 

Author’s POV

Kris opened his bedroom door to see Se Kyoung sat on the side of the bed.

“I think you should go home, Se Kyoung-ah,” he said as he seated beside her.

“Okay, I’ll go home with you.”

That would be the very first thing he would do if he could. The situation they had right now could completely unexpected. Se Kyoung was almost lost her mind that she came to Canada to meet the guy she didn’t intend to fall in love with, the guy she hopelessly in love with.

On the other hand, Kris couldn’t bear his feelings towards this woman. The woman who was not supposedly his, yet his heart wanted it so bad. Of course Chanyeol could easily make it harder for him by bringing out his father who Kris owed so much. These two things had successfully got his priorities in life mixed up.

Kris heaved a sigh, “I promise that I’ll come to Seoul, but not now.”

“O-okay, I guess I can’t leave my works unfinished too.”

“Now, you’d better sleep. You can use this room while you’re here.”

Se Kyoung then nodded before Kris gave her a peck on her forehead.

 

..........

 

Time flew so fast that the wedding was about to start just only in a few hours.

“Eonni, you’re getting married tomorrow! Mom’s going to call the police if you’re not going home any time soon!” Se Ah yelled on her phone. She had been trying to reach her only sister for two hours but she could only yell on her voice messages.

“Se Ah-ya! I’m here, you don’t need to yell like that!” Se Kyoung who arrived home, scolded her younger sister.

Se Ah massaged her temple slowly, trying to hold back her anger. “Oh, god! How can you be so relax when your wedding day is tomorrow morning?! Where have you been?! Mom had gotten steamed up because of you!”

“I just want to grab some ice cream, Se Ah-ya. Are you that angry because I didn’t get you one?”

“Whatever,” Se Ah finally walked away frustatedly.

Wasn’t it odd? For someone who would get married tomorrow could as relax as Shim Se Kyoung. It was not like she didn’t feel anything about her wedding, instead, she was worried sick about it.

Her feeling towards Kris and her wedding was all mixed up. Tomorrow would be (hopefully) her first and only wedding, yet her heart was still waiting for the other guy who hadn’t called her up since their last meeting in Canada.

Se Kyoung could only wander her thoughts while lying on her bed. As she starred at her wedding dress on the corner of her room, her phone rang. It was the call she was waiting for.

“Hello, Kris?” she answered.

“Ah, I know it’s crazy, but would you meet me at the Incheon airport tomorrow at 9?”

 

-TBC-

 

Hi there! I'm sorry I've abandoned this fanfic for such a long time, I guess T.T I finished this chapter a long time ago but got no time to edit it, so yeah here you go! As usual, please upvote, subscribe, and your comments would really help me to improve >.< thanks! xo