Tattoo

If You

Jin should have known this would not end in his favor. In his defense, he’d tried so many different things to get Jungkook to study. When he realized simply telling him wasn’t getting either of them anywhere, he tried bribing him with his favorite meals, then resorted to offering to do his chores for a month per every 5% his grade went up, but none of it was working. He always kept his uncaring attitude, which wasn’t working for Jin.

 

Jin considered Jungkook to be a little brother of sorts. He lived in the small apartment next door to the Jeon residence. Jungkook’s parents worked a lot and somehow he ended up at Jin’s place looking for a meal that wasn’t instant noodles. That was how the boy had slowly worked his way into his life and Jin, the motherly-type that he is, noticed the continual failing grades the younger was getting in his English class. So he did his best to tutor, but he was in culinary school and could barely remember his class in high school, so that’s why he resorted to bribes, offerings, and a bet.

 

Now the older was standing in the parking lot of a strip of shops downtown, staring at the red neon sign that seemed to be laughing at him. He was really dumb for even suggesting this.

 

“Remember hyung,” Jungkook gave him his usual -eating grin, holding out his English exam with a large “A+” written in bold red sharpie. “I ace my English final and you get a tattoo. That’s the deal.”

 

Jin really was stupid.

~ * ~

 

“Don’t worry, my friend works here. It’s the best place in the city.” Jungkook whispered to Jin as they walked up to the reception desk. They weren’t greeted, rather just glared at by a light-skinned guy with mint green hair. He had tattoos running up his arms, into his black t-shirt, and then reappearing at his collar.

 

“Tattoo appointment for Kim Seokjin,” Jungkook says to the grumpy receptionist, pushing the older forward.

 

The green-haired guy flipped through a planner in front of him, grumbling under his breath. “With Namjoon, right?” Jungkook replied in the affirmative. “He’s finishing up with his previous appointment, you guys can sit and wait.”

Jungkook turned around, heading to the plush leather couch located across the room, while Jin mumbled a thank you under his breath before following the other. Just as they were sitting down, the door swung open and another guy ran in. His orange hair looked disheveled and he was breathing hard.

 

“Sorry, sorry!” He cried, running up to reception, where the guy with green hair had already gotten out of the chair, looking at the boy with bored eyes, but also smirking. “Dance practice ran late and I tried to get out of there as quick as possible, but I had to shower or else I would scare people off with how gross I smell and--” the boy stopped suddenly, turning to Jin and Jungkook on the couch. “Kookie!”

 

Jungkook smiled, waving to his friend. “Jimin, this is Jin-hyung.” He pointed to the older seated next to him. So this must be the friend that works here.

 

Jimin busted out laughing, his eyes turning into small crescents and his whole body shaking. “The one who made a bet with you about your English exam?” Jin nodded, more laughing ensued.

 

“Care to explain, Jiminnie?” The guy previously seated at reception was looking between Jin and Jimin with a quirked eyebrow, looking confused but also slightly amused.

 

“Yoongi-hyung, Jungkook is a friend from high school who is really ty at his school subjects, but somehow managed to pull his failing English grade out of the trenches to win a bet with his neighbor.” Jimin kept laughing, Yoongi looked more confused, but shook his head and went somewhere behind a door. “So you’re actually going through with this?”

 

“A bet is a bet.” Jin said through gritted teeth. Jungkook smirked and Jimin resumed laughing.

 

The door that Yoongi had previously gone through opened up, revealing two girls and a man. One girl was flushed, while another had her hand lightly holding her bandaged wrist. The man behind them was giving instructions while walking over to reception where Jimin was getting the payment process ready.

 

“It should be healed in about two weeks, as long as you apply the ointment about three times a day. If you’re having any issues, feel free to call my number. Thanks for coming in.” The guy smiled and both girl’s faces were tinted with pink, almost the same shade as the color of the artist’s hair.

 

“You’re next appointment is with Kim Seokjin, Namjoon-hyung.” Jimin pointed over to the couch. Jin stood up, walking over to them.

 

“I’m Kim Seokjin.” He held out his hand. Namjoon smiled and suddenly Jin knew why those girls were blushing so hard earlier. The artist’s face was no doubt attractive, and his pink hair was styled nicely, but what really got Jin were the deep dimples position on his cheeks, making him look somewhere between hot and cute. Is that even possible?

 

“Kim Namjoon.” He took Jin’s hand, giving it a firm shake, then releasing. “You can follow me back here, your friend can come if he wants to.” Namjoon’s eyes broke from Jin’s to look behind him at Jungkook still lounging on the couch.

 

Jin turned, hoping the younger would agree so he wouldn’t have to be a lone with such a cute guy, but obviously Jin was just being dumb again. Jungkook never helped when he really needed it.

 

“I’ll just hang out with Jimin until you’re done, hyung.” Jungkook smiled, looking like a kid, but his eyes had an evil glint in them. Jin pressed his mouth into a firm line, trying not to display his anger.

 

“Then, if you’ll follow me.” Namjoon gestured towards the door that the mint haired guy, Yoongi, had walked through previously. Jin nodded, trailing behind him as they entered a hallway with multiple doors. Namjoon stopped at a doorway, on the left, gesturing for Jin to go ahead. The room was very neat, a large red chair in the center, where a smaller rolling stool was placed on one side. A silver tray was set up with packaged needles and different colors of ink lined next to it.

 

“Have a seat.” Namjoon gave Jin another dimpled smile and Jin was very thankful for the chair, otherwise, his knees might have given out. Namjoon followed suit and took a seat on the stool, rolling over to the counter on the wall, pulling out some papers. “I’ve got to admit, it’s going to be my first tattoo from a Mario game.” He chuckled and Jin flushed.

 

“I wanted to do something small,” He mumbled, “plus Mario has been my favorite since I was a kid. If I’m getting a tattoo, I’m going to do something I like.”

 

Namjoon just kept chuckling, “No need to explain, trust me this is not a bad tattoo.” He frowned. “You wouldn’t believe the ideas some people come up with or how many times I’ve had couples come in here wanting matching tats.” He rolled his eyes.

 

“Not the romantic type?” Jin said, not really thinking. Namjoon grinned up at him.

 

“Oh trust me, I’m a huge romantic.” Jin wondered if Namjoon even knew his real skin tone, because he swears it’s only been different shades of red since he entered the tattoo parlor. “Just not the stupid decision type.” Jin’s mouth formed an “o” and Namjoon looked down at the paper. On it was one of the mushrooms from his favorite Nintendo game. Jin had chosen the green one, maybe for good luck in his life or just because he felt tall enough and the red one didn’t have much meaning beyond that. “So where do you want it?”

 

Jin lifted his hand to his left hip bone. “I was thinking here. Somewhere a lot of people won’t see.”

 

Namjoon nodded, “You can lay back then.” He stood up to go to the sink and wash his hands, then slipped on a pair of gloves. Jin tried not to watch him, but he couldn’t seem to keep his eyes from the artist. His gaze trailed over his toned forearms where multiple tattoos were placed, the black ink creating different shapes and images.

 

“You have a lot of tattoos.” Jin said, not really thinking. Namjoon looked back over to him, smirking.

 

“I’ve got more than this.” He gestured towards his arms. “In places a lot of people won’t see.” Jin could feel his face flushing once again as the smirk became more prominent on Namjoon’s face, but he tried to ignore it for once.

 

“Don’t they hurt?” His nerves were starting now that it was soon becoming real.

 

Namjoon shrugged. “It honestly depends. My pain tolerance is pretty high, but also placement has a big play in the pain.”

 

“So what about me?” Jin was looking at his hip nervously.

 

“Honestly, if it goes over bone it tends to hurt worse.” Namjoon lifted an eyebrow, but then saw the worry in Jin’s eyes. “For the most part it’s just discomfort, if your tolerance is high. Tattoos aren’t as scary as a lot of people make them out to be.” Jin still looked nervous. “We can always change the placement? Or just stop, you don’t have to go through with it if you don’t want to.”

 

Jin bit his lip. Did he want to stop? No, he would do this. A deal is a deal, plus he would get some more time with Namjoon. He forced a weak smile. “I think I’ll be okay.”

 

Namjoon gave him a soft smile, his dimples only half force. “If you need a break let me know.” He pulled out a small cut out of the mushroom, barely the size of a golf ball. “It shouldn’t take too long, the worst will probably be the lining. Shading needles are smaller, and there are a lot of them, so the pain kind of numbs quickly.” Namjoon seemed to try to be reassuring Jin with his eyes and it was surprisingly working. The older boy relaxed, laying on the chair. “Alright, I’m going to place this first.” Jin felt his shirt being slowly rolled up wards just a few inches, but the cool air made his goose bumps appear on his flat stomach. “Does this look right?”

 

Jin looked down at where the paper was resting over slightly above his hip bone, Namjoon’s hands next to it. Jin suddenly realized how the artist was going to be touching very close to other places and gulped. “Yeah.”

 

The tattooing began and Jin felt the initial sting, but bit down any kind of noise. At times it was only slight discomfort, but every once in a while the needle would run over a slightly more sensitive area, eliciting a slight yelp from him.

 

“You know,” Namjoon started to say, his eyes still focused on Jin’s hip, where one hand was placed resting on the skin, while the other held the tattoo gun. “Sometimes talking helps distract people from the pain. What do you do?”

 

“I-uh, I’m a food critique for the local magazine.” Jin pushed out, trying to distract himself from the pain. “I also have a food blog right now, nothing big though. Mainly to share and save recipes with others.”

 

“That’s cool.” Namjoon smiled. “You must be a pretty good cook. I can barely make instant noodles without burning down my apartment. Yoongi-hyung won’t let me near the microwave we’ve got in the kitchen here. Not that I can blame him, though.”

 

Jin let out a small chuckle, still distracted by the pain but also trying to remain still as to not disturb Namjoon’s work. Jin continued to talk about his work and maybe other things, like how he wasn’t that great at Mario Kart, but still enjoyed playing against Jungkook. He even went off about how this was all a bet that he really shouldn’t have made, but somehow he stopped regretting it.

 

Namjoon smiled, the machine clicking off. “Well, I’m glad you don’t regret it because you’re done.” He looked up at Jin, his dimples once again on full display. Jin smiled too, his cheeks a light pink that matched the artist’s hair.

 

After bandaging him and giving him ointment and instructions, he began walking Jin back to the front.              

 

“If you have any problems,” Namjoon started, and Jin began feeling the déjà vu of hearing a similar speech to the girl before him. “You can call my number.” He handed him a business card. “Or if you need someone to help you scout out new local hot spots for your blog, my cell number is on the back.”

 

Jin was left stunned, his hand still in the air with the card as they walked to the front. His eyes were wide and Namjoon just smiled, turning to Jimin to have him ring Jin up, then saying a goodbye and giving a wink before disappearing back down the hallway.

 

“Hyung, did you get more than a tattoo back there?” Jungkook wiggled his eyebrow, and Jin would’ve smacked him if he wasn’t still in shock over the fact that he just got the number of a really cute guy with pink hair and dimples. Oh, and tattoos—lots of tattoos. 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Ahh, this has been on my computer for awhile. I always thought I might make it longer, but I think it suits the feel of If You (So me just dumping all of my namjin feelings). Okay, but any bangtan member with tattoos? Sign me the up.I hope you liked it. <33