Stupid (YoonSeok)

BTS drabbles, oneshots and whatnot

"Happy Birthday, my ."

Hoseok grumbled as he shut himself into the bedroom he shared with Taehyung and Jimin. He felt deflated. He felt ungrateful. He felt stupid.

It had been a really great birthday, really. The boys had surprised him with a cake and humiliated him with ridiculous tweets as had become their strange family tradition. He had talked to his parents and his sister, and he had enjoyed opening presents surrounded by his friends.

What hurt was the lack of Yoongi, there was nothing, not even a hug seeing as he hadn't shown himself all day. So it was late evening when Hoseok decided to give up waiting, apologise to s as he drudged his way to his bed and wished the whole day away. He felt tears pricking his eyes and let them fall, too tired to fight.

He didn't know how long he had stayed there in the dark when he heard the click of the front door, immediately followed by hushed angry murmurs - clearly the other members chiding Yoongi for missing the day. To his panic he heard them all shuffle out of the apartment and the sound of Yoongi's socked feet moving closer to his spot made his heart hammer in his chest uncomfortably as a fresh wave of angry tears released themselves onto the pillow.

"Hoseok-ah." The sound of Yoongi's voice made his whole body want to rush to him and pull him into an embrace but he was too angry and too disappointed to give in.

"Hoseok-ah. Are you asleep?"

" off, Yoongi. I don't want to see you."

Yoongi, that stubborn , just kept moving forward until he was sitting on the edge of Hoseok's bed.

"Hoseok-ah. I'm sorry."

Yoongi's hand brushed his back and Hoseok shifted away, trying to ignore the disappointed sigh from his boyfriend.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just, go away, Yoongi. I want to be alone right now."

"Hoseok, please? I'm really sorry. I want to explain. Please?"

At that the red haze descended over him and he sat up, staring daggers at Yoongi, who at least had the decency to look sheepish.

"Please. Go ahead. Explain why I woke up on my birthday of all days to a cold bed, to be informed that my boyfriend had buggered off somewhere and left his phone behind without so much as a ing note?"

Yoongi flinched with guilt and Hoseok lowered his voice again.

"You could've at least woken me up to tell me you had to work. That you didn't want to miss spending the day with me."

Yoongi pulled him into a forceful hug then, refusing to let go.

"I'm really sorry, Hoseok-ah. I was stupid. So ing stupid. I should've woken you up, I should've left you a note, or taken my phone. Anything. I'm so sorry. I'm the worst ing boyfriend, I know. I know I am."

Hot kisses were pressed to Hoseok's neck as he tried hard to keep his composure.

"The last thing I want is to see you cry because of me. God, I'm such an idiot."

"Yeah, whatever." Hoseok mumbled and pressed his nose into Yoongi's hair. "What was so important then?"

Yoongi let go of Hoseok and gave him a small smile full of love and guilt. "It wasn't work. I was trying to finish this." He turned to fish his laptop out of his bag and opened it up, placing headphones on Hoseok. "I lost track of time. I'm so sorry. You were all I was thinking of."

Yoongi hit play and held Hoseok's hand, regarding him with nervous, hopeful eyes. Hoseok was swept away as the music swelled and dropped and Yoongi's raspy voice full of raw emotion filled his ears. It was for him. This was about him. Yoongi had written lyrics and composed and rapped and it was all about Hoseok. His heart twisted and his stomach lurched and he turned to look at Yoongi, only then realising that the other man was wiping away the tears spilling onto his cheeks.

"I love you." Yoongi mouthed silently.

He kissed Yoongi then, soft and slow, savouring the taste and feel of it. As the music faded away he chucked the headphones in favour of pulling Yoongi against himself as close as he would fit.

"You made a rap for me. About me." Hoseok breathed out.

"I didn't mean to disappoint you on your birthday." Yoongi whispered against his cheek. "That's the last thing I wanted. I only wanted you to know how much I do love you. And I do, you know. I would say happy birthday but I think I've ruined it."

"No. Please." Hoseok grabbed Yoongi's face in his hands and dragged him into a kiss. "You're here now. You wrote this for me. This is more than I deserve. This is... it's everything, Yoongi. Thank you."

"No. You're everything, Hoseok." Yoongi's eyes shone with unshed tears as his voice broke a little and Hoseok pulled him so, so close.

"Happy Birthday, baby. I love you."

"I love you, Yoongi-ah. Just. Stay with me."

Yoongi laced their fingers and pulled Hoseok with him to lie down on the tiny single bed. It was crowded and awkward and too hot, but it was everything Hoseok wanted.

Yoongi teased his mouth open and whispered against his lips.

"Forever, and ever."