Playground confessions (VMin)

BTS drabbles, oneshots and whatnot

The world kept spinning in front of Jimin's eyes, faster and faster and faster, and all he could do was hold on for dear life and scream.

"Kim Taehyung, if you don't stop right now I will shove my whole fist in your mouth!"

His ears were filled with the obnoxious sound of Taehyung's hysterical laughter, close then far then close then far and if he had to take any more of this he was going to die for sure.

"That's okay, Chim, your little baby fist wouldn't even fill my mouth. I can take it. Now then, shall I spin you faster?"

"No, please, Tae don't!"

It was no use. He knew it as the words were coming out of his mouth and the roundabout kept spinning faster and faster and now he couldn't even make out where he was and where Taehyung was in relation to him and all of a sudden it got too much. He could feel his gut in his throat as a panicked cry bubbled its way out of his throat.

"Tae, please! I'm gonna puke! Please. I can't. Stop. Stop, stop. Please."

Instantly the spinning slowed down as Taehyung reached out to hold Jimin's hand gripping tightly onto the bar and ran then walked the roundabout to a full stop, pulling Jimin away to sit on the sandy ground and rubbing his back. Jimin tried to stop the feeling of vertigo as he clung to Taehyung's shirt and forced large gulps of air into his lungs. He gagged. Once, twice before loudly hiccupping. Taehyung giggled airily into his hair.

"Are you okay, love?"

Jimin managed a weak punch to Taehyung's ribs before whining and collapsing to the ground onto his back. He glanced up at Taehyung's wild mess of hair, wide eyes and impish smile and brandished a fist in his general direction.

"When I'm able to get up, I'll kill you." He whined without any bite. "Why would you do that?"

Taehyung plopped down next to him, sides pressed together and turned his face to look into his eyes. Jimin's heart did that thing that made it feel ten times too big for his ribs, like it was about to punch out of his chest and run into Taehyung's.  He brought his hand up to his chest to stop it. Taehyung brought his fingers to brush away a stray tear from Jimin's nose and cupped his cheek.

"I'm sorry, Chim."

Jimin choked at the sincerity in Taehyung voice and his eyes. It wasn't anything new to them. Taehyung could tease and tease and tease but he knew when he'd taken things too far and Jimin knew the last thing Taehyung would ever want was to hurt him.  Yet every time Taehyung would turn to him in sincerity to beg for forgiveness it would send Jimin's head reeling. He guessed it came with being wildly, desperately in love with his stupid, goofy, absolutely perfect best friend. He took a shaky breath and turned his face to the sky as he felt Taehyung's fingers search for his and lock them together.

"You're not really gonna kill me, right Chim?"

Taehyung was carefully drawing small circles onto Jimin's thumb with his own, every taking away the nausea still lodged in his throat. Jimin looked at the taller man next to him and smiled

"I haven't yet, have I? And how many times have I promised to?"

Taehyung let out that little giggle of his that was forever seared into Jimin's brain as his favourite sound in the whole world. Brown eyes stared into his with fondness and the butterflies in Jimin's stomach woke up with a start. Taehyung hooked his chin onto Jimin's shoulder and traced his jaw with the tip of his cold nose, reminding the smaller man of the chilly October night blanketing them. Jimin thought briefly that he ought to be shivering in his thin jacket but the hot puffs of Taehyung's breath on his neck, the body heat next to him, and the soothing hum of the traffic caused a pleasant buzz to course through his whole body and he wished they'd never need to leave this place. Their playground. Theirs since they were six years old.

"What are you smiling about?"

Taehyung's whisper broke Jimin out of his reverie and he brought a hand up to his lips feeling the grin they formed. He dared a glance toward Taehyung, the other man's face a mix of curiosity and contentment.

"Just thinking about this playground. I love it."

Taehyung's eyes danced in answer.

"Me too. I've loved it ever since I fell off that stupid seesaw and you rushed to me with your little first aid kit, all worried face and tiny, chubby, little gentle hands."

Jimin huffed and brought his hands up to examine them half heartedly.

"Not much has changed I see." He grinned and Taehyung linked their fingers together again.

"No. Not much at all."

"Except."

"Except?"

Jimin stared into Taehyung's expectant eyes for a second, for an eternity, he wasn't sure. He let his heart pick up speed until it was racing before uttering his next words.

"Except my love for you. That has only grown until I no longer know who I am without it."

Taehyung grinned, boxy and brilliant. Jimin's heart did a flip in answer.

"Not mine." Taehyung teased and propped himself up on his elbow to loom over Jimin. "I've fallen in love with you exactly the same every day since."

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut as if that would help him contain all the feelings taking over his body all at once. He never expected anything other than this. They were meant for each other, ever since Jimin plastered up Taehyung's knee and bought him ice cream with his pocket money just to see him smile again. Still, hearing it tumbling out of Taehyung's mouth caused a whirlwind inside him that only picked up speed when the man pressed onto him and melded their lips together.

"I. Kim. Taehyung. Love. You. Park. Jimin." Every word breathed out between kisses. "Until there's no more air in my lungs. Until the very last neuron in my brain has exhausted itself"

All Jimin could do was kiss. He kissed until he felt like every part of him was pressed against Taehyung. He kissed until his tongue had explored all the spaces of Taehyung's mouth.  He kissed until he could no longer feel whose lips were whose. He kissed and kissed and kissed, pouring his feelings into the man above him.

Then he took a deep breath, rolled them over and clambered up pulling Taehyung and his kiss swollen lips with him.

"Let's go home."

"Which one?"

The stupid grin on Taehyung's face made him want to kiss it right off. Instead he gripped the man's wrist and pulled him along, turning briefly to grin back at him.

"We'll pick up the dogs from yours first and then go back to mine. We can move the rest of your stuff in tomorrow."

He was yanked back as Taehyung stopped abruptly. Then two hands were on his cheeks and a mouth on his, soft and loving but no less intense. Taehyung moved a hand to intertwine their fingers, in the way he always did, before breaking the kiss and dragging a giggling Jimin behind him.

"Good. Let's go home."