Bad Impressions

Open Up to Me

Yixing always kept everything to himself. He was never really expressive about his feelings. Whenever he was sad or upset, he'd bottle it up inside him until he was alone where no one would find him. Then he'd cry. Although, he looked strong, not that he wasn't, he'd have mental breakdowns a few times a month.
    Baekhyun was just another boy in Yixing's university, and in fact, in his Musicology class. This boy was the exact opposite of Yixing. He was always expressive about how he felt whether it was good or bad. He was clingy and showed affection to everyone. Yixing never thought he'd be able to hand around such a noisy, clingy person who didn't seem to have his own priorities straight.
    Well, that's what he had thought until a coincidental event took place one fine Spring day. 

Yixing was walking himself to class with his dorm mate, Jongdae. All was well, and the morning started off quiet and peaceful. Yixing and Jongdae exchanged a few words as they walked together to their class. It was nice and calm, or so they thought it was until someone ran down the hall laughing, with a cup of coffee in one hand, and a monkey chasing him down. It was Baekhyun who was being chased down by Chanyeol, another Musicology student. 
    Yixing and Jongdae were minding their own business, trying to make some room for the wild monkeys--Yixing thought of them as monkeys. It seemed to be working out well for all of them until Baekhyun ran right into the Chinese, knocking him down and falling on top of him, splashing the cup of coffee all over Yixing's white button down. 
    Yixing sighed out of annoyance and frustration. It was one thing after another. He'd tried to ignore the fact that two noisy students were playing and running down the halls, disrupting the peace. But now, he had coffee spilled all over his newly washed shirt.
    He rolled his eyes as Baekhyun got up, trying to pull himself up as well. He wanted to just scream at the other but him being himself, he kept inside, reassuring himself that it was okay. 
    "I am so so so sorry! Let me clean your shirt for you. I really didn't mean to!" Baekhyun frantically exploded, staring at Yixing and looking back at the coffee stained shirt. 
    It was just now that Yixing noticed the boy's cotton candy pink, newly dyed hair. And it was also just now that Yixing had noticed Baekhyun's fairly smooth skin. He'd never stood so close to the other. It had taken him by surprised that just now, he'd believe that this boy who had just spilled coffee all over his shirt to be, somehow, quite attractive. 
   Yixing stared at Baekhyun, silent for a moment. "It's okay. I'll just go back to my dorm and change it." He ran his through his dark black hair, frustrated once again. Now he'd be late to his class, which is one of the worst things that would happen to him this morning.
    Jongdae cleared his throat to indicate that he and Chanyeol were still there. "Hey, I'll head to class first, alright Xing?" He eyed Yixing awkwardly. 
    Yixing nodded back in an awkward, slow way. "Yeah. Go ahead.."
   And then Jongdae and Chanyeol were on their way to class, leaving Baekhyun and Yixing behind. 
   Yixing sighed, turning to head back to his dorm. He walked quietly, trying to brush off the fact that Baekhyun was trotting beside him, back to his happy usual self.
   "Why are you here?" Yixing glanced at the pink haired boy, hiding his irritation. It confused Yixing how Baekhyun could return to being so happy and cheerful right after spilling coffee on someone and frantically trying to apologize. 
    Baekhyun hummed a happy tune before looking up at the Chinese who was only a few inches taller than himself. "Well, I spilled it on you, I might as well be late with you. You know, to make it up?" He smiled. His eyes curved into a upside down crescent moons to accompany the smile spread on his face.
    Yixing had to admit that Baekhyun was quite cute in that moment. The way the boy's eyes smiled with his lips was charming to the Chinese. He'd forgotten his frustration at the other's adoring smile. "So you're just going to follow me back to my dorm?"
     "Mhm," Baekhyun nodded. He stopped in front of Yixing's dorm when Yixing had, and stood at the door when Yixing went inside. "May I come in?"
    "I guess," Yixing shrugged, walking towards a drawer. He pulls out one of the drawers and grabs a white T-shirt, throwing it on the bed. He begins ing his coffee stained shirt as Baekhyun walks inside the dorm, sitting on a chair in the kitchen. 
    "I'm Baekhyun, by the way. A formal introduction." Baekhyun introduces as he watches the Chinese remove his shirt. He tries to avert his eyes but Yixing's nice abs and toned arms were calling him. He stared at the other, his bottom lip a few times. 
    Yixing notices Baekhyun staring at him and grins. "You're going to introduce yourself after giving a bad impression?" Yixing raises a brow, as he completely removes the shirt and puts his new shirt on. "I'm Yixing, and staring is rude, by the way."
    Baekhyun jumps back, red in embarrassment that he'd been caught. "O-oh! Was I staring? Sorry. And yeah. Just thought it'd be nice to introduce myself." He looks away at a painting on the dorm wall. 
    The Chinese throws his bag over his shoulder and picks up his books again, heading towards the door. He stops at the kitchen, waving at Baekhyun, who seemed to be zoning off. "Hey, aren't you gonna go back to class?"
    "Oh, right!" Baekhyun snaps back and hops off the chair, following Yixing out the door. "Let's hang out during lunch. I'll treat you, yeah?" He smiles up at the other.
    Yixing could see the interest Baekhyun had taken in him and smiled back. "Sure. That wouldn't hurt, I guess."