Part 2

Renewed Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon finally opened her eyes, constricting at the sight there was. A big park filled with kids playing with large kites made of colorful paper. Women gazing at the green sky with weird telescopes. Some of the men were on a circle, strangely cheering for something she couldn’t see.

There was a group of those men, however, that turned around, and, at the sight of the woman that was carrying her, yelled excitedly. Taeyeon gasped, struggling to get on her feet and run. Where to? She didn’t know. She just knew the men now approaching were weird looking. The woman didn’t let her go, instead going for a hug that seemed to be comforting more than anything.

“Miyoung!”

“You’re back!”

Manly voices were heard before everyone, kids and adults, men and women, also ran at the woman’s side. Taeyeon trembled again, not understanding what was going. She grabbed the woman’s dress, thinking that it was safer to cling to who was carrying her than to be left at the mercy of the scary creatures that now filled her vision.

“And look who we have here!” The man in front of Taeyeon said, inspecting her for a while. Taeyeon looked at him warily, all kinds of prepared to run away if the situation required it.

“Oi, you got quite a looker there, Miyoung.”

Taeyeon turned to look at the lady carrying her, who sported a blush to her cheeks. Now that she thought of it, that woman was the only normal looking being, aside from her, of course.

“Thank you.”

“And what would be your name, sweetheart?” a woman with half her face falling off said. Taeyeon cringed.

“T-taeyeon. K-kim Taeyeon.”

“Look at her, she’s so cute!” another woman exclaimed, caressing Taeyeon’s cheek with her hand, the only hand she had.

“Now, now. It is not the time for questions. Perhaps Miyoung needs some time alone with her wife, eh?” Everyone gave noises of agreement, and one by one left the circle that had formed around her.

“Let’s go home,” the woman said.

“Could you first please let me stand up?” Taeyeon asked, her voice a lot quieter than before.

“Don’t be silly! You might get lost if I let you go!” the woman answered with the same cheerful smile.

And the hold the pale woman had on Taeyeon continued. The blonde settled better in her arms, choosing to focus on the patterns of the woman’s dress instead of the decaying people that almost made her cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter