Part 1

Renewed Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come closer… come closer

Don’t leave me here

By the creek we’ll meet

Our hands entwined, you and me

We’ll lie down

Our bed made of roses

The bird will sing its lullaby

And your pain with rebirth will be no more

———

A small body ran rapidly, not stopping for a moment to really understand the voices that barely reached her. However, she could really hear the hundred steps their pursuers where leaving on the ground, one of them clicking fast. She closed , hoping that by breathing through her nose her lungs wouldn’t burn so much.

It was now that she was thinking that her doing might’ve been stupid.

A few gold coins were game for these particular objects she now held in a leather pouch. It seemed pretty easy, fool the girl into leaving the room and taking the rings. What she did not count on was that both the groom and the bride’s rooms were connected, so when the moment came and she grabbed the rings, the door at her left opened, a groom wanting to see his bride, but instead having a big surprise.

She became more aware of her surroundings as she saw in front of her the woods that extended into several miles, so much that people feared going inside them, including her. The fear didn’t reach her mind the way other times it would have, though. Like magic, her feet became lighter, looking to reach that place where no one would dare trespass, even for expensive jewelry.

To her relief, she reached them, and after a few meters, she stopped running, tuning her ear to listen to the voices that were left complaining, that in the end agreed that the thief would receive what she deserved inside that obscure forest.

She shook her head, laughing quietly at their resigned murmurs. She turned around, knowing that she had to walk her way out of there without getting caught. The forest was very bushy, that she could see. Still, there was no other option than to walk, so going forward it was.

“How stupid they are!” she bellowed loudly while laughing. “It’s a simple forest! What bad could come from it?” A branch breaking resounded, making her flinch.

“Ha! Probably just a sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter