Sixth Sense

Mamihlapinatapei
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blaring bass, bright lights, eye-irritating smoke. Not really Tiffany's cup of tea, but her members have been bugging her for days just so she'd come with them to the concert's afterparty. They had just wrapped up a joint concert with several other artists and the organizers set up a place where all the artists and staff could unwind - it was a pretty huge-scale event after all.

 

She had to admit that the party was a good idea. She needed the time to let loose and catch up with a few friends, but while she did do all that, she was later then struck with a reminder of why she did not want to come in the first place.

 

Across the room was Taeyeon and Jessica, the girl she's been pining over for almost a year now.

 

A slight frown sets upon her face as she remembers the numerous nights she'd listened to her drunken housemate weeping over the girl who's apparently in a relationship now - or at least, that's what she thinks Taeyeon was saying in the midst of her intoxicated monologues.

 

Her frown becomes more prominent as her heart ached at knowing about the pain that's beneath those brown lenses.

 

More than once had the girl come to her saying that she's done, that she'd try her best to move on.

 

Less than none had she succeeded.

 

More than once had Tiffany wiped her tears away, each drop feeling like acid on her fingertips as her heart breaks too, knowing that nothing she does will take the pain away - not even giving all of her heart.

 

Less than none had that hurt any less.

 

So here she was, staring at the girl she had always loved, just out of her reach. Berating the gods above once or twice for the cards they were dealt.

 

When the room became too suffocating for her, she decided to step outside for some air while stealing one last glance at the two individuals a distance away. She thought she saw the blonde's eyes meet with hers for a split second after she turned her head away but decided to let it go.

She was the reason the room became too much of everything anyway.

 


She opened the sliding glass door and walked out to stand by the pool just outside the venue,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter