CHAPTER 4

THE LIBRARY...Shhh!

5 years later:

 

Today is the most awaited day of Sungyeol’s life because today Myungsoo would come back to Korea.

 

At the airport:

Sunggyu waved his hand happily to his brother whom he missed so much. They hugged each other. They had missed that warmth for so long. Myungsoo never came home in his break in order to do some volunteering there to earn some extra credit. The major reason was he feared if he saw Sungyeol’s face again, he would not have that courage to leave him and go back.

“You are as handsome as ever, my dear brother.” Sunggyu ruffled Myungsoo’s hair earning a small groan from the younger.

“But you have grown much older than the last time, my hamster brother. Did Woohyun hyung give you lots of tensions? By the way, where is he?” Myungsoo missed his nagging brother during his stay in Japan. 

“He could not get off his work. You can meet him tonight.” Sunggyu shrugged off the teasing comment.

With the light conversation, they reached their home, more like, Sunggyu and Woohyun’s apartment. Before entering the room, Sunggyu exclaimed, “Oh…I forgot one thing completely. Myungsoo, you can be fresh and rest for a while, I will be back in a minute.” With this he opened the door and left Myungsoo in the middle of the room astounded.

Blinking his eyes for a few time, Myungsoo thought, “Same forgetful Grandpa Gyu! Same!”

He moved into the living room and he almost had a heart attack when he saw the black diary in the table. He quickly reached out to that and his eyes almost fell out of his socket when it was indeed his diary, which he searched so much.

Cold sweat ran down his spine when the realization hit him that if Sunggyu got that diary, he must have read it and after knowing the fact, why didn’t his hyung ask him anything? He went to the kitchen to fetch water for himself so that he could calm down. But he got the shock of his life when he saw the photo of Sungyeol that he had attached to the diary framed prettily and kept on top of the refrigerator.

His mind could not process what was happening. He almost fainted right there and then when he heard the melodious voice that he yearned so much calling his name, “Myungsoo”.

He slowly turned around and when he saw his angel standing in front of him in a simple white Tee with dragon print accompanied with a simple jean, he thought he was dreaming.

“The long flight must have taken a toll on my mind. I am seeing things! Or have my desire to see my angel grown so much to the point that I can imagine him so realistically!” He turned around to get the water from the fridge and when he turned back his angel was still there. “I will come to see you tomorrow for real, my doe-eyes.” Myungsoo tried to go past Sungyeol but when he dashed his body with the other’s, his jaw dropped.

“Y..you are r..real! I mean..y..you are here!” Myungsoo was stuttering helplessly while Sungyeol was enjoying seeing his dear person so near with a varied expression. He laughed softly. “Calm down Myungsoo. I am here.”

Omo! Those beautiful smiles, that shy voice, his angel, his doe-eyes, his love was in front of him.

“How?!” Myungsoo could only say that much.

“First let start with the introduction. I am Lee Sungyeol. Librarian of Infinite University, who fell in love with one of the cutest reader with a dimple smile and that person mercilessly, left me for 5 long years without saying even a goodbye.” Sungyeol said with a pout that Myungsoo found irresistible.

Myungsoo caught him in a bear hug. “Sungyeol. Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. The name is perfect for a beautiful person like you.”

Sungyeol was caught off guard with the sudden hug but smiled coyly afterwards. “Thank you.” His cheeks were on fire right now. 

“But seriously how did you get here?” Myungsoo was curious to know.

But Sungyeol was a bit hesitant, “First tell me if you still love me.”

“I love you Yeolie. You are the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. You were my inspiration to carry on the 5 years long study in Japan. Every night I dreamt of you. Whenever I wanted to give up, I remembered you and encouraged myself that I need to do well so that, I would be competent enough to ask you out for a date. There was not a single moment that…I didn’t miss you. The fear th…that you would be g…gone while I return was gnawing me so much and I felt so helpless to be unable to get information about you….” Myungsoo could not speak more since his voice got caught in his throat due to the emotional wreckage.

Sungyeol hugged the sobbing boy. He could completely understand Myungsoo since he had been in the same shoes. At least, he had Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong to support him. And he got the updates about Myungsoo. But Myungsoo was totally unaware about Sungyeol’s feelings. He sympathized the crying boy while he felt glad for having those kind people around him.

“It’s alright, Myungie. I am here now and we are going to be together forever from now onwards.” Myungsoo’s hug tightened more and Sungyeol was not complaining a bit, not at all. After all, they had waited so long for this day.

Sungyeol explained each and every detail from the first day. As much as Myungsoo wanted to scold Hoya for stealing his diary, he was grateful he did that. He felt himself lucky to get such a supportive friend. On the other hand, as much as he wanted to yell at Sunggyu for keeping this truth hidden from him this entire time, he knew that whatever he did was for the best of all and he felt thankful to his hyung for taking care of his love while he could not.

By the end of the story, both had their eyes moist.

“I am sorry for leaving so suddenly, I was a coward back then which made both of us miserable. If only I had the guts to ask you out then, we would not have to go through such pain.” Myungsoo regretted.

Sungyeol shook his head. “Don’t say such thing Myungie. Your past cannot be changed, but you can change your tomorrow by your actions today. So, let us make our future cheerful without lamenting on our past.”

Myungsoo nodded his head cutely making Sungyeol want to squeal so hard. But instead he thought of loosening the atmosphere, “I like the nickname, Yeolie.”

“I too like you calling me Myungie.” Myungsoo confessed.   

“Do you know how adorable you look when you are shy?” Sungyeol complimented the younger making him beetle red.

“You are the one who is the cutest, my angel.” Miraculously Myungsoo said this without stuttering.

“I love your dimple smile so much. It’s depth is like the depth of the sea adding beauty to your perfect face.”

“Your big bright doe-eyes are the one that I got attracted to at first. They shine so brightly that everything else seems insignificant.”

 

 

“Yah! Kiss already. Will you two just keep on complimenting each other the entire time?!” Woohyun’s voice boomed in the room suddenly startling both of them.

 Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong entered the room with full smiles on their faces. Not only the duo but all of them had waited eagerly for this day.

The environment had become so jolly and everyone was happy to finally make it to this day.

 

 

 

There was a small welcome party at WooGyu’s apartment for Myungsoo. 

Sungyeol was so so happy to be finally with Myungsoo. Just to be able to see him this close and hold his hands made butterflies flying in his stomach.

Sunggyu and Woohyun were now not subtle with their behavior, they openly showed their skin ship in front of Sungyeol.

Sungyeol didn’t want to see their PDA so, he protested, “Hyungs! First eat the fries, you can eat each other’s later on!”

Myungsoo was amused to see this side of his boyfriend. He was the quiet, sweet boy who had soft voice and a radiating smile on always but this side of him was totally new to him. But he was not complaining, he loved his Yeolie anyway.

“Yeolie, do you want to get back on them for troubling you?” Myungsoo was smriking.

But the innocent Sungyeol didn’t get the hint so, he excitedly replied, “Yes! I want them to have mini heart attack as I had when I first saw them kissing.” He said in such a childish tone that Myungsoo wanted to cuddle with him and never let him go.

Myungsoo cupped his cheeks and pressed his lips to Yeol. This happened so fast that Sungyeol didn’t have time to react and all the others present in the room halted their action.

Myungsoo backed away from the kiss but was still cupping Sungyeol’s cheeks, “See! Everyone got the mini heart attack!” Myungsoo was beaming with happiness while Sungyeol was frozen at his place. He didn’t move at all.

Fearing if he hurt Sungyeol in any way, Myungsoo asked in a worried tone, “What happened Yeolie? Did I do something wrong?”

Sungyeol’s eyes were gleaming which further tensed Myungsoo. “Hey, I am sorry, baby.”

Sungyeol shook his head in refusal. “T..that was my f…first kiss.” Sungyeol confessed.

Everyone sighed in relief. They found the confession so sweet.

“You almost gave me a major heart attack, Yeolie.” Myungsoo hugged him warmly.

 

 

------------X-------------------X---------------

 

 

Soon Myungsoo became the most sought out photographer in the town. His pay was well enough.

It was the weekend when Sungyeol had the day off. So, Myungsoo went to him in the morning.

“Get ready, my doe-eyes. We gotta go~” Myungsoo sing songed excitedly.

 “Where to?” Sungyeol was puzzled by Myungsoo’s enthusiasm.

“You will know when you get there!” Myungsoo winked.

“But I must at least know where we are heading to so that I can dress accordingly.” Sungyeol tried to persuade.

“Ay~ You ask too many questions Yeolie! To be honest, you look cool in the present outfit, let’s just go.” Myungsoo hold his hand.

“Aigoo~ someone is impatient here! Just give me a minute.” With this Sungyeol dashed into his room. He just wore a casual dress and got ready quickly knowing how Myungsoo does not like to wait.

Despite numerous attempt of Sungyeol, Myungsoo’s mouth was shut tight and he didn’t spill any beans. Even his aegyo failed to tempt Myungie. So, he just gave up and sat in the car silently. Myungsoo stopped his car in the underground of a big building.

Myungsoo hold his hand and took him out of the car. When they entered the building, it was so huge. Sungyeol whined, “So I asked you where we are going, else I would have dressed decently.”

Myungsoo could not hold back from pinching the chubby cheeks of this big baby. “You are too cute! And don’t worry you are beyond perfect.”

Sungyeol just rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

They entered the 27th floor of the apartment. Myungsoo opened it pressing a password.

“How do you know the password for this apartment?” Sungyeol was feeling doubtful but Myungsoo just dragged him inside. The interior made his jaw drop. It was so spacious and the view from there was wonderful. One could have a whole view of Seoul from there.

“Do you like it?” Myungsoo whispered in Sungyeol’s crook of neck back hugging him.

Though they used to do the skin ship often now but still Sungyeol felt the jolt of electricity whenever Myungsoo was this close to him.

“I love it, Myungie. It’s so beautiful.” Sungyeol was mesmerized with the scenery.

“But you are the most beautiful.” Myungsoo kissed his neck, his jawline, then turning Sungyeol around he kissed his boyfriend’s eyes, nose, forehead, chin and then finally lips.

The kiss was slow and passionate. There was no rush, all the time was theirs. Sungyeol tasted bitter sweet, maybe it was the effect of the Americano he had a little while ago.

Pulling back from the kiss, Sungyeol asked, “Why do you bring me here?”

“Actually…I want to give more space to Sunggyu and Woohyun hyung. Now that they are married, I don’t want to invade their privacy. So, I thought of moving out from there. But I would be lonely if I will be alone. So, I was thinking…” Myungsoo knelt down before Sungyeol and took out a pink velvet box from his pocket, “Lee Sungyeol, I love you. Will you marry me?”


Myungsoo didn’t know if it was the reflection of the ring in Sungyeol’s eyes that were shining or it was due to the tears that were threatening to fall from his precious doe-eyes.

Getting up from his position, Myungsoo cupped Sungyeol’s cheeks, “Yeolie…”

“Phabo! Do you even have to ask that.” Sungyeol hit Myungsoo’s chest lightly.

“So the answer is…?”

“YES! I too love you so much Kim Myungsoo. I am ready to marry you.”

Sungyeol put forward his hand and Myungsoo slide on the beautiful shining ring in his long slender finger.

This time Sungyeol leaned in and kissed his soon to be husband. They spend the day in their new apartment holding each other, kissing each other, enjoying the feeling of being with each other.

 

 


 

 

A/N : So, here is the end of the story.  Please do let me know how you felt about the story! //throws Namu’s heart// Thanks you to all those who supported the fic through subscription, comment, upvote, and even being a silent reader. Each of you are amazing and believe me you brought smile in my face with everything you did xD

And on the other note, INFINITE are making us feel awesome by releasing  new vid, pics and lot more!

Hwaiting TSC 3!

Hwaiting INFINITE comeback!

Hwaiting various programs/ dramas/musicals where they are casted!

INFINITE fighting!