CHAPTER 1

THE LIBRARY...Shhh!

                                                                      

 

Sungyeol is a librarian at Infinite Library which is near Woollim University. The place was famous among the book lovers. There was a huge collection of books - fictions and nonfictions. From science, history, anthology, biography, encyclopedias, journals, novels with all the genres- romance, action, mystery, horror, adventure, all thing and everything were available there. The library had been handed down by his grandfather to his father and now to him. Sungjong is his assistant who had been working with him since he was made in-charge of the library 4 years back. So, he was like his own brother to him. He treasured the place so much because of the many memories he had there. His father used to carry him on his shoulder and bring him to the library and took him to the tour around the premises before the opening hour. He used to laugh and enjoy his company with his father. But as soon as the place was open, the whole environment went silent, since it was the library where speaking was not allowed. But he never complained, he loved the peace there and going through all the fat, big books. He loved seeing his father take care of the customers and meet every demand of theirs. He felt proud when his father knew each corner of the two-storey place and gave the readers the book they wanted in a blink of an eye. He wished some day he would be like his father. His father was a super hero for him. So, now after taking care of the place solely by himself for 4 years, he is exact photocopy of his father. He knew each book over there and its location. He was also familiar with all the regular readers of the place.

 

Myungsoo does not like anything related to studying at all. He wondered what’s so good about getting a degree while more and more people are being educated stupid. He loved photography but didn’t like to read and write. But he needed a good educational background if he wanted to pursue his dream. Since the university was hell who knew to torture students so much, he was compelled to prepare a project. So, he had to read some more books except his course book and go through many journals and articles. He didn’t like to go to the college library because the librarian there freaked him out since she was checking upon him continuously. Hence, he thought of going to Infinite Library which was near his University.

 

With the heavy feet, when Myungsoo enters the library, his eyes are fixed upon the librarian who had such a beautiful doe eyes, sweet smile that can show you a glimpse of heaven. He was totally mesmerized by the other’s beauty. The person behind the table was also affected equally by the charisma emitting from the raven-haired boy.

Myungsoo went to the counter and asked for the particular book he was looking for. The librarian, Sungyeol, got him the book in a few seconds since he was completely aware of the placement of the books. Myungsoo took the book and chose the seat from where he could keep an eye on the librarian and he would not get caught as well.

Myungsoo started to come there regularly.

Sungyeol had always felt happy to be the librarian. He had no problem for not being able to talk the whole day and being isolated from the society. He was happy to get Sungjong’s accompaniment and that’s all he needed. But after seeing this raven haired boy, he wanted to talk to him and befriend him. He wanted to know the boy’s name, his address, what he does, what are his likes and dislikes, who are in his family, what hobbies does he have and many more but to give the book he just had to stamp the date on the library card. He need not know any personal information about the reader.

Whenever the raven haired boy entered the library, Sungyeol’s eyes used to have that spark that clearly told that he was in love with this stranger. Sungjong had been noticing his behavior a lot. He had also caught the other boy staring up at his hyung more than focusing in the study. So, he thought they were perfect for each other. So, one night after the store was closed, Sungjong decided to talk to Sungyeol.

“Hyung, the raven haired boy is so cool and handsome right! I think he is perfect match for me!” Sungjong tried to pull his leg.

“Y..yeah! He is good-looking!” Sungyeol stuttered by the sudden confession. But he was a little hurt knowing that Sungjong too had the feeling for the person he liked.

“I think I should try to talk to him the next time he comes.”

“Go ahead.” Sungyeol looked disheartened.

Seeing the gloomy face of his hyung, Sungjong laughed out heartily. This startled the older boy.

“I was just teasing you hyung. You are so cute. I have seen you checking him out.” Sungyeol was happy that Sungjong didn’t have such feeling towards the boy but he was flustered for being caught like that.

“I…I was not…” Sungyeol tried to explain himself.

“Eyy…don’t worry hyung. You guys would make a great couple. He too can’t keep his eye on the book and is every time watching you.”

“Really?!” Sungyeol’s eyes sparkled ultimately gaining a teasing eyebrow wriggle from the younger.

Sungjong was sure about what he said. “I will verify it the next time he comes, hyung!”

 

 

Myungsoo came after 5 days to the library. Sungyeol was nervous for some reason that day. Since Sungjong had suggested him to sit behind the partition and watch the raven haired boy while he would look after the counter.  Sungyeol observed that the boy’s eyes were indeed looking at the counter more than he was looking at the book in front. After peeking for about nth time, he could see the disappointment in the boy’s face. This however made some warm feeling creep up in his heart. Sungyeol also noticed his sharp jaw line, perfectly curved nose, intense gaze, his face was radiating an alluring vibe. He was too focused in his observation that Sungjong’s appearance by his side was unnoticed until he was jabbed in his stomach hard.

“Aigoo~hyung! Have you finished eating him with your eyes?!”

Sungyeol turned beetle red at this.

“Don’t worry hyung. He has the same face as yours when he is observing you.”

After the place is closed down in the evening, Sungyeol voiced out his worry.

“Jongie, but how to be close to him. I can’t have long conversation with him here.”

“You can talk to him out of the library.”

“If only I could get his number, we could talk at other time besides the working hour. But I can’t ask him straight forward like ‘Hey, since I can’t talk to you in the library, can I get your number so that we can meet at early morning or late night’. He would think I am weird.”

“How about finding about him from his University? He goes to Infinite University, by the way. I saw his text book once.” Sungjong tried to be helpful.

“Thanks Jongie but I don’t want to be seen like a stalker.”

“Can I inquire him?”

“NO. I want to handle the things by myself.”

3 months have already passed and there was no any change between them. Myungsoo used to come to the library even after the project is completed and Sungyeol still is thinking about the way to approach the raven-haired boy. It had been ages he had not had a good conversation with any one, so he didn’t believe his social skills.

 

With the continuous nagging of Sungjong and due to his own frustration as well, now he made himself ready to face the raven-haired boy in his next visit. He would at least ask for his name and number.

But it had already been more than 2 months and there was no any news about the boy. He has like almost disappear, the whole thing felt like dream now. If only Sungjong had not been the witness, Sungyeol would have believed that it was a sweet dream.

 

 

After almost another half a month, a boy with a little short height, bit dark skin but with a very strong audacity came to the library with a notebook in his hand. He didn’t say anything but simply put the thing at Sungyeol’s desk and left. Before he could ask him anything, he was already out of the door.

 

Sungyeol thought that he would come back to get his thing but the mysterious person didn’t come till the closing of the library. He kept the notebook safely for many days so that the owner can come back and retrieve it but after about 10 days, the notebook was still lying there so, he thought of peeking inside. He knew that he was not supposed to look through other’s belongings but this notebook seemed like a death note, seriously. It was all black and moreover if the owner really valued it, he would have come to fetch it long time ago.

When he flipped the cover, it was not a notebook, rather it was a diary. The owner’s name was written in the front page : Kim Myungsoo. “Ah~so that’s his name”, Sungyeol thought but he wondered what type of person was he. No wonder his diary is complete black, that person radiated dark aura after all.

Sungyeol thought he was such a boring person since after reading few pages, he came to know that the person was not interested in anything except photography. But as he read further, he sympathized the boy since he had to work multiple part time to fulfill his dream. He was like a living machine. The boy worked so much from early morning till late night. He distributed milk in the dawn, then he went to some café to work part-time, then college, after that again a departmental store, then at a late night club. Uff…Sungyeol never knew a single person could work so much.

But after turning more pages, he was stuck in a page. His jaw dropped while reading.

“Why does the description match me and the circumstance I went through?” Sungyeol thought.

 

3rd Oct, 2010

“Why the teacher have to be so mean and compel us to go to the library. Final semester is really not a joke. Surely I must have owned a great debt to him in my previous life. Argh, I can’t even go to college’s library due to the frightening librarian. Am I that handsome…gosh! Infinite Library seems to be the closest from our university. Guess I’ll have to leave last class to go there. I can’t risk being late to the work else they can mercilessly fire me.”

 

4th Oct, 2010

“That beautiful doe eyes, that cheerful smile, those fair skin, aish, I can’t get my mind off of that librarian. He is too perfect. I want to approach him but I have to leave on time. I don’t want to be a burden to my brother. He is working his best but his pay can only sum up for the house rent and our tuition fee. I am working to accumulate enough so that I can afford to go to Japan and enroll in the best photography university over there. Being orphan is the greatest pain to any living being. Thank God that I have Sunggyu hyung beside me who takes care of me as his son and does everything to make my wish come true. I cannot just be a pampered lad and further burden him.”

 

5th Oct, 2010

“Today I saw him with so close with the pretty boy. At first when I went to the library, I mistook him as a girl but after noticing him for a few time, I am sure he is a boy but he seems pretty. But I don’t like how he is so attached with my doe-eyes.”

 

6th Oct, 2010

“I think that my doe-eyes has a bit of interest in me as well. I noticed him checking me out. I feel that he is a little shy around me. Though we have never exchanged a word, I guess he reciprocates my feeling. My doe-eye angel, wait for me till I get enough time and courage to talk to you.”

 

7th  Oct, 2010

“I wonder why he has not taken any step to talk to me. Maybe he has some problem just like me. I want to talk to you my angel but I have to leave timely and I can’t talk to you inside the library. I wish there would be some magic and you would understand how I feel.”

 

8th Oct, 2010

“Sometimes I feel Hoya is so annoying, I know he is my bestie and all he said is for me but I can’t just go to my angel and say my feelings out loud. Moreover, I don’t want to cage him and make him wait for me who has no any extra time to be with him. Even if he says “Yes”, I can’t spare any time for him. Soon enough he will get tired of me and break up. Then I’ll be left heartbroken. I don’t want that. So, better keep my feelings for myself and treasure all the moments while I can.”

 

9th  Oct, 2010

“I am so happy today. I got the Letter of Acceptance from the University of Japan. But to be really honest, I am not that happy as I thought I would be. I will miss my angel. It would have been so great if I knew his feeling. I would promise to maintain the long distance relationship. I would come back home as soon as possible only if I knew he was waiting for me. During this course of time, I came to know that my attraction towards him is not just an infatuation but its love. I love my angel so much. But I can’t do anything about it. I am going away for 5 years, I can’t be selfish and make him wait so long. Argh…life why are you so unfair to me?”

 

10th  Oct, 2010

“Today is my first day gone without seeing my angel. I miss him but I must get used to it. I am leaving Korea in two weeks. I can’t back off at the last moment. Sunggyu hyung is so proud of me. He was so happy for me that I managed to get the admission in one of the top college of Japan for photography. I can’t shatter his trust and happiness.”

 

11th Oct, 2010

“I want to go to my angel. I want to see his beautiful smile and listen to his melodious voice. He is such a sweetheart. I already miss him so badly, I don’t know how would I pass entire 5 years.”

 

12th Oct, 2010

“Tomorrow …Tomorrow is the day I am flying to Japan to fulfill my dream and my hyung’s dream. But I feel so empty today. I miss my angel. My doe-eyes, will you wait for me till I come back to fetch you. My princess, please, though I am being selfish, don’t meet any one else and fall for them. My baby, take care of yourself and be happy until I come. The pictures I took secretly of yours will be my strength to carry on my life in that foreign land. My love, please wait for me.”

 

At last, Sungyeol saw his photo stick onto the dairy. The shot was taken from afar, from the seat where Myungsoo used to sit. In the picture he was reading some book, drinking his favorite Americano, behind the counter. He already ran out of the tissue paper while reading it.

The feeling was mutual but both of them were being so stupid or what to say, both lacked that confidence and boldness to confess. Now his beloved person was in Japan and he is here crying aloud for the lost love. They could have been happy in a relationship now but….

Sungyeol took a long sigh. His cheeks now felt some crack due to the dried tears. He wanted to tell the other his feeling, he wanted to say that he loves Myungsoo as much as he loves him. But, alas, it’s too late now.

 

 


 

 

A/N : Finally here is the first chapter~ /wipes off the sweat in my forehead/ I know that it’s been so long I posted the foreword. Thanks to all the lovely friends who subscribed, upvoted and commented in the story. Btw, I had thought of making it a one-shot but seems like my fingers could not hold from typing so, yeah~ it will be a chaptered fic! Hope you will support it^^

After such a long chapter, we are left with a heartbroken Sungyeol..huhu…

Please leave me some comments so that I can know how I did^^

And everyone Woohyun’s Write is totally sold out and even the non-fans are appreciating the album xD So proud of our heart machine ^0^