CHAPTER 3

THE LIBRARY...Shhh!

All the three people present in the room were speechless. Breaking the ice-cold, Hoya retaliated, “But Sungyeol is Myungsoo’s happiness. If you allow them to meet, that would be the greatest day of his life. How can you let your own brother suffer?”

Sungyeol felt hurt, obviously, but didn’t want to protest the elder. “It’s okay, Hoya. I understand him. How can he trust a person, he barely met few hours ago. Moreover, he is Myungsoo’s hyung. He knows the best for his dongseang.”

“After telling all your sincere feelings, how can he not trust you, hyung? This is ridiculous! And you speak for him! Are you ready to give up on your first love just because someone is against it?” Sungjong’s temper was beyond control.

Feeling wrongly accused, Sunggyu clarified, “I never said that I am against them. And I fully believe you Sungyeol. The genuineness your eyes behold confirms all.” Seeing the confusion in each person’s face, he continued, “I just don’t want to call him right now and say ‘Hey the boy whom you love is named Sungyeol and he too reciprocates your feeling’ It’s not been even 2 weeks that he left for Japan. I am afraid, if he finds out about you, he would leave everything and come back”.

“That won’t happen. Myungsoo is not that immature.” Hoya was protective over his best friend.

With a sigh, Sunggyu continued, “I agree. He won’t do such silly thing. Still I don’t want him to be disturbed with anything. You know better Hoya that he needs to achieve A+ result to keep getting the scholarship and how much he needs the grant.” Then he turned his attention to Sungyeol, “I know this sounds nonsense to you but can you wait for my brother until he returns. It’s the first time Myungsoo has loved anyone except his photography and me. So, I know he treasure you so much and though I have not known you for long, I believe that you love my brother equally. Can you, please, hold onto Myungsoo for 5 years, Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol didn’t believe his voice so, he just nodded his head. It was painful for him to not be able to talk to or see Myungsoo for such a long time period. But Sunggyu has his point. Sungyeol too wants Myungsoo to come back being successful and he didn’t want to be the barrier for his success. Relationship, surely, requires attention and he wants Myungsoo to give undivided attention to his study only for now. Moreover, after the long separation, he can be with his Myungsoo together happily forever.

 

 

When he returned home that night, lying on the bed, he recalled all the events that happened during the day. It was the lengthiest day of his entire life. He had gone to many places, he met the important people in his life, he went through roller coaster of emotions and now here resting in his bed, he tried to feel calm. His everyday had been a routine, library, Sungjong and his room was the only ones his life revolved upon, until today. Though the bitter feeling of not being able to come in contact with his beloved person for 5 whole years was lingering but he is satisfied, in some way. He had always felt Sungjong as his own brother but today the bond became much stronger. He came to know about Myungsoo more through his brother and best friend. The kind gesture of both Sunggyu and Hoya made him feel so warm inside.

 

 

                                                                ------------X-------------------X---------------

 

 

Days passed by. Sunggyu used to update Sungyeol of everything Myungsoo was doing and going through. Sungyeol felt happy to know Sunggyu, Hoya and even Woohyun. They were a nice bunch of people. Sungyeol decided to close down the library once a week. The change was felt unpleasant by some customers but they got used to it soon.

Sunggyu always felt bad for not letting him get in touch with Myungsoo and he also felt guilty towards his brother but he thought this will lead to their better future. So, he made sure to invite Sungyeol and Sungjong to his apartment, which he shared with Woohyun, every weekend. He too visited the library often to just see how Sungyeol was doing.

After his frequent visits, Sungyeol came to know that Sunggyu and Woohyun were not only apartment partners, but they had something else going on. Both of them were careful not to show any intimacy around Sungyeol. He felt bad since he knew they did that just to make Sungyeol not feel alone. How could they show their affection openly when Sungyeol was having a hard time being separated from his lover.

 

But he had not seen this coming, Hoya and Sungjong being together. Hoya was uncomfortable around Sungjong while Sungjong despised every attitude of Hoya. So, them getting together was the least thing he had expected.

While he was having a lunch together with Hoya and Sungjong, he wanted to tease the couple.

“Hmm…how come you love the arrogant Hoya, Jongie? Did he do some magic to you?” Sungyeol said with a wriggling eyebrow.

Sungjong immediately turned red by the hyung’s teasing. “Aish, hyungg~” He whined cutely.

“Hoya, did you threaten my dongsangie to go out with you?” Sungyeol was not going to let the topic go unless he gets the answer.

“No..not at all.” Hoya protested.

“I saw him sincere in every relationship. He was protective of his best friend, Myungsoo hyung and he treats Sunggyu hyung as his own so, I thought though he is a bit arrogant, he has a dedicated heart. Are you satisfied now, hyung?” Sungjong said in one breathe.  

Sungyeol has a charming smile on his face. “Now the same question goes to Hoya. How did you fall for Sungjong, who used to point out on you every time?”

Unlike Sungjong, Hoya was clam with the question, as if he knew it was coming beforehand. “I like how he called me names at my face. I mean, others talk about me at the back, but he said to me directly, which pulled me towards him. Moreover, the brotherhood he had with you showed me his delicate side. To be honest, I thought you two were real siblings, the first time we met.”

“Hm..that was the tough day I dealt with till date. I don’t know what I would be if we had not met you that day.” Every single detail of that day is still fresh in Sungyeol’s mind.

“That was destiny. You had to meet me that day. Else I would not be there after my graduation, only to enquire about the dance classes, which I knew they won’t allow to the ex-students.” After a pause, he added, “But I am happy with the current dance studio, our teacher there is amazing. The way Dongwoo dances is so powerful and his way of teaching is great as well. He illuminates the whole hall through his bright laughter.”

Sungjong faked a cough at this. “Aw~Jongie. Don’t be jealous.  He deserves the praise as a fantastic dance teacher. You know that I only love you right.”

There goes Sungjong with red cheeks again.

To change the topic, Sungjong exclaimed, “I am so pleased seeing you too hyung. You have changed a lot ever since that day. You have become more open, more talkative, and we can see you laughing a lot nowadays. You were cheerful to begin with but you seem happy from inside lately.”

“It’s all thanks to you guys. My circle was limited before but I have so many lovely people around me who care about me and my happiness. Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung are like my own brothers who are always there for me. You two always look after me if I am alright, like I am your kid. I am glad to meet you all. And thanks to Myungsoo who made me involve with the outward world except the library. When we meet, I will thank him for everything. I’ll tell him…” His words were chocked onto his throat due to the nostalgia that suddenly felt to heighten up now.

Though Sungyeol was all sunshine most of the day, there were times where he wanted to cuddle up with Myungsoo, share his thought with him, touch him by his own hand, bicker with him and do all the things couple do. He just wanted to be near his boyfriend, going to be boyfriend, once a boyfriend, still not sure. This unsolved and complicated relation brought fear to Sungyeol many times and made him sleepless.

Tonight was one of those night when he was tossing and turning over in his bed.

“What would be Myungsoo’s first reaction when he sees me again? What will he think when he knows that I was waiting for him this entire time? 5 years is a long period, probably he will forget me till he returns. He is such a handsome guy, what will I do if he gets a new boyfriend for himself?”

These thoughts haunted Sungyeol many times. He didn’t want to go through this nightmare but he could not feel himself secure.

It had been more than a week that he had not gotten a proper sleep so, his face seemed gloomy and he felt a bit tired. Today was the weekend so, after closing the library, he went to Sunggyu as usual. He loved hanging out with Sunggyu and Woohyun hyung. Both took care of him as their own child.

“Yeol, what’s the matter?! Did you spend another night reading your favorite novel without sleeping?” Woohyun asked concerned.

Before Sungyeol could answer, a nagging voice was heard coming from kitchen, “How many times I must tell you, Yeol? You need a good night sleep to get enough energy to work the whole day. I am warning you if you do that again, I’ll let Sungjong handle the place and get you out of there, arasso!”

Sungyeol knew that Sunggyu used to nag a lot because he was concerned for him. And better than voicing out his insecurities, he thought allowing them to assume what they think is better.

So, with a sheepish smile, he told, “Nae, nae, Umma! I will go to bed at 10.”

“Good. Now come in, dinner is already ready.” Sunggyu was arranging the dishes.

 

 

After dinner, they thought of watching some movie. Due to lack of sleep for so many days, Sungyeol fell asleep at around half the movie. None of the elders complained since they knew what the younger was going through. Sungyeol’s neck was bent uncomfortably so, Sunggyu made him sleep on his lap. After a while, Sunggyu noticed tears slip down Sungyeol’s eyes. He felt worried and nudged Woohyun who was watching the movie. Then Sungyeol began to murmur something.

“D..don’t g…go to oth….others, Myung. I l…love you. D…don’t g…get other boy….friend.”

Though the words were gibberish but Sunggyu and Woohyun were able to make it. They pitied the poor boy. They knew that Sungyeol was sad being away from his lover but they had not guessed his unsure feelings. They didn’t have the heart to wake up the feeble boy so, all three of them slept in the living room that night in each other’s embrace.

 

 

Early in the morning, Sungyeol woke up hearing a loud laughter. When he opened his eyes completely, he saw Sunggyu sitting in front of his laptop and talking to someone. His big eyes widened more when he saw the person on screen. Sunggyu was talking to Myungsoo. He was about to jump up and go near the screen to have a better view, but was stopped by Woohyun.

“Shh…” Woohyun signaled. They were seated in the area where the camera could not reach but Sungyeol could have a side glance on the screen.

Understanding the situation, Sungyeol sat quietly in his place feeling gleeful at the mere sight of Myungsoo. He was so captivated by the beautiful face in front of him that the conversation going on between the two brothers went unnoticed by him. But he came out of his trance when Sunggyu asked in a teasing tone, “My dear brother, with your handsome face, I bet you have captivated so many hearts over there too. Have you got a partner for yourself?”

With a sigh, Myungsoo complained, “Hyung! Am I that good looking?! Aish, the girls don’t leave me alone here too, neither do boys!”

The fear crept up in Sungyeol’s chest.

With a chuckle, Sunggyu replied, “You are my handsome brother. You’ll obviously get some qualities from me! But my question is have you fallen for any one over there?”

“Nope.” Came the straight answer. “I have to focus in study, hyung. I don’t have time to play around. Moreover, my heart is already captured by…” Myungsoo shut his mouth before he could complete the sentence.

“Captured by?” Sunggyu raised up his eye brow.

“By photography, hyung! What else. Moreover I want to get someone from Korea, itself. So, don’t expect any love story from me.” Sunggyu didn’t show but he sighed in relief, along with Sungyeol and Woohyun in the background.

“Okay hyung. Got to go. Give my regards to Woohyun hyung.” With this the connection was cut off.

Sunggyu turned around and smiled warmly at Sungyeol. “See Yeol, my brother is a keeper. So, don’t worry that he would get another partner for himself. How can he leave such sunshine and get anyone else. Even if he does….”

“We will kidnap him and bring both of you to an island where there will only be you with him.” Woohyun finished the sentence for Sunggyu.

“Yah! I was not going to say that. But that seems a better plan as well~”

“I am brilliant, I know that!” Woohyun chuckled earning a light punch from Sunggyu.

On the other hand, Sungyeol was so touched by their thoughtfulness and their action. He knew that the call was made to assure him.

“Thank you Gyu hyung. Thank you Woo hyung. I really owe you guys a lot.” Sungyeol had become a sobbing mess till this moment. Both of them hugged Sungyeol affectionately. “It’s okay Yeol. We are here for you, always. Don’t keep your feelings within yourself. You can rely on us to share your burden.” These words made him cry more.

 

 


 

A/N : You guys must be waiting for the day Myungeyol meets right~ So sad that they can’t in this episode but don’t lose hope :))

Thanks you so much for all the subscriptions, comments and upvotes. I am really honestly sincerely thankful to each and every one of you ^0^

Since the ending is done by the crying Sungyeol. Lets have some happy Sungyeol <3 I got so overwhelmed seeing Yeolie having so much fun~ He looked so cool doing the jet ski and water ski ^^ And he didn’t forget to bring Aga along with him, he is such a sweet heart <3

                        

                        

Sorry for the pic spam...but he made me so insane, I just could not hold it in ^_^