CHAPTER 2

THE LIBRARY...Shhh!

                                                                             

                                                                             

 

The next morning, Sungyeol was a crying mess. Sungjong panicked seeing his dear hyung in that condition.

“Hyung, what happened?” Sungjong caught him in a bear hug. Sungyeol handed him the diary. The younger was curious as to what was the thing but he took it anyway. He made Sungyeol get up from the floor and took him to the couch at the back of the library. He wiped the tears from his hyung’s cheeks and made him sleep in his lap. When the elder closed his eyes, Sungjong started to read the diary. He was sure that both were madly in love with each other from the very first sight but seeing no movement from either of the side, he felt like that was just some attraction. Now when he knows the entire truth, he wanted to slap the sleeping boy so hard. If only he had gathered enough courage while he was still here, today he would not have to wallow in this sorrow.

But he saw a thing in the first page of the diary and it in his mind like a lightening. He harshly pulled Sungyeol up.

“Hyung, get ready. We are going out.” Sungjong said in a strict voice startling poor Sungyeol who merely got up from his sleep. Crying in the cold floor was not the best idea to be grieving over someone but he was very heartbroken to care about anything.

“Where? And what about the library?” Sungyeol asked in a hoarse voice.

“You will know when you reach there. And can you just forget about the library for once. You are more important right now.” Sungyeol never knew that the younger can be so stern.

He went to his room which was in the third floor of the same building, washed his face and changed to a simple Tee and jeans since he didn’t know where they were heading.

After a drive of around 20 minutes in Sungjong’s scooter, they reached to a narrow lane which led to a small house with only ground floor. It looked damp and worn out. Sungyeol’s curiosity was beyond control.

“Please tell me Jongie, where are we going?”

“This is the place where Myungsoo hyung used to live.” After being quiet the entire ride, these were the first thing he uttered that made Sungyeol’s jaw drop.

“H..how did you know?” Sungyeol was beyond astonished.

“Silly hyung! He had written the address at the first page itself. You were busy crying for him to notice the details. Now that I know both of your feelings are mutual, I am not going to repeat my mistake and let you handle the things. I am going to bring back the cheerful real smile back to my hyung’s face.” Sungjong spoke with such determination, Sungyeol was so glad to have him by his side. He tried not to be weak and burst out in front of the younger but the tears were so stubborn to fall.

Sungjong wiped those salty water from his hyung’s cheeks. “Things are going to be okay, hyung. I promise. I am sure Myungsoo hyung will keep on his promise and come back to fetch you. And I know that you were planning on to wait for that unknown stranger though he didn’t show up for like eternity.”

“But he is already gone, Jongie. He is in Japan right now. What’s the use of coming to the empty house?” Sungyeol felt this as unnecessary trip.

“Sunggyu hyung, hyung. Though Myungsoo hyung is not here, there is his hyung who can give us his address in Japan and you can get to contact Myungsoo hyung!”

Why had Sungyeol not thought about this possibility!

“Now come on, let’s get in.” Sungjong softly hold his fragile hyung’s hand and gently pulled him inside.

 

 

Sungyeol’s heart was thumping louder and louder with each step. When Sungjong knocked on the door, he didn’t know what to anticipate. A middle aged ajumma came out and asked who they were looking for.

Both Sung brothers were surprised to not meet their expectation. But Sungjong quickly got out of it and humbly inquired, “Isn’t this the residence of Sunggyu hyung and Myungsoo hyung?”

“Oh, them. Sunggyu moved to a new place after Myungsoo left for Japan. They were such nice kids. Sunggyu said he didn’t need that huge space since he would be living alone for years now.” The ajumma told with a sigh.

“Do you know where he moved?” Sungjong asked.

“Sorry dear. He didn’t give me his new address.”

With a quick thanks giving, the duo made their way back. But when they reached near the library, Sungjong made a U-turn and set to some other destination.

The pleas of Sungyeol to stop the scooty and tell where they were heading again went unanswered by the younger. After a few minutes, they were now standing in front of Infinite University.

They reached the administration section and enquired about Myungsoo’s university in Japan but they said that their student’s information can’t be leaked like that. The question they asked next made Sungyeol feel like crying again, “What’s the relation between you and Myungsoo?” What could he say? There was not a definite name to their relation, if that even exists. The people there said that they could not give out the information to some other person except his family members.

Disheartened they led their feet to the exit of the college.

“Do you have any other sources left to find out about Myungsoo, Jong?”

Sungjong was speechless. Just a few hours ago, he was so firm to make his hyung meet his happiness but now he was completely lost. He had no place for rescue. He hung his head low. “Sorry hyung.” He could only mutter this much.

“Don’t say like that Jongie. You did your best. Thanks. I don’t know how to thank you for supporting me, for trying your best for me, for not leaving me alone to deal with this ordeal.” Sungyeol told earnestly.

Never had Sungjong felt so helpless.

All of their hope had collapsed. Sungyeol was almost in the verge of break down when he saw a familiar face. He dashed forward to the person.

“Hyung! Where are you going?” Sungjong shouted but his hyung was already ahead so, he just ran after him.

Sungyeol grabbed a boy suddenly. “Y…you! Y…you are the on..one who left that d…diary in the library, right!” Sungyeol was panting heavily due to excessive running. The said person quizzically looked at Sungyeol and once he realized who he was, he was surprised.

The said boy looked at Sungyeol intently before replying, “You took so long to come here. Let’s get some coffee.”

The three of them entered the nearby café to get some caffeine for themselves. They needed some to set their mind straight.

“Who are you? What relation do you have with Myungsoo? Why did you drop his diary to me?” Questions flew from Sungyeol’s mouth as soon as they were seated on a secular place at the café. Sungyeol somehow felt a tint of jealousy to know that this person sitting in front had access to Myungsoo’s diary which is his private possession.

The mysterious person introduced himself, “Let me introduce myself properly. I am Lee Howon but I usually go by the name Hoya. I am Myungsoo’s best friend. I brought the diary to you hoping that you two could meet at least in the last day so that my friend would not have to go with a heavy heart. But things don’t go as planned some times.” Hoya said with a grimace in his face.

Sungyeol regretted his decision for waiting for the owner to come retrieve the diary and not opening it till 10 days. His sincerity had to pay a high price, he missed the chance to meet his beloved person.

“Do you know any means to contact Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked in a voice barely above a whisper. He had no energy left in his body.

“I do. But I need to be sure that you love my best friend as much as he loves you.” Hoya didn’t want to tell the information to someone whom only his friend loved, one-sided.

Sungjong’s protective side kicked in and before Sungyeol could even respond, he spoke, “How dare you doubt my hyung’s love? Do you think he will be in this situation if he didn’t care about Myungsoo hyung’s absence? Do you think he will be talking with some arrogant brat like you if he didn’t love Myungsoo hyung?”

The two elders were left speechless witnessing the outburst from the younger.

“Um…I just wanted to make sure that the feeling is mutual. I have only known Myungsoo’s feeling but I have not even met him once. By the way, I still don’t know your names.” Hoya said feeling uncomfortable suddenly under the piercing gaze of the maknae.

Sungyeol felt the tension rising. He quickly answered, “Oh…Sorry! I am Lee Sungyeol and he is my brother Lee Sungjong. Nice to meet you Hoya-sshi. By the way how did you get Myungso’s diary?”

“Actually I hide it. The day I gave you the diary was one day before his flight. I was helping him pack his suitcase, along with Sunggyu hyung when I saw the diary and was sure that he has written his feelings in that. So, I just brought it to you hoping you two would meet at least at the last moment. He must be searching for it madly. As much as I feel guilty for deceiving my friend, he will be thanking me later for what I did. He was too stubborn to say out his feelings.” Hoya said with a sigh.

“Thank you so much Hoya-sshi. Talking about Sunggyu hyung, when we checked the old address, he already left the place. Do you know where he shifted?” Sungyeol wanted to know the hyung who took care of Myungsoo so well.

“First of all, please drop the formality. You can just call me Hoya. Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung, umm…his boyfriend, are sharing the apartment. He said that living alone in that house gives him too many memories and he felt lonely. Moreover Woohyun hyung’s apartment is near his part-time job as well.”


“Can we meet him? I would like to know more about Myungsoo from Sunggyu hyung.” Now that he can get in touch with Myungsoo, he wanted to see him as soon as possible.

“Sure. Hyung’s final exams for his last semester are starting tomorrow so, he is in leave today. I guess you have some luck at the moment. And you can get Myungoos’s address from him.” Hoya said cheerfully.

 

 

 

When they reached the apartment door, Sungyeol suddenly remembered something. He paused a bit making both Sungjong and Hoya confused.
“Does he know about me? I mean is he aware that Myungsoo loves me. By reading the diary, I think he has no idea about his brother’s crush.” Sungyeol felt cold sweat running down his forehead. He feared if he would not accept the sudden introduction.

Foreseeing his doubt, Hoya assured, “Don’t worry. He won’t bite you. He is the sweetest hyung one could ever ask for. He treats me like his own brother. I am here as witness so, he will believe you. If anything happens I am there for rescue.”

Sungjong just rolled his eyes because Hoya was being arrogant again.

 

 

 

Sunggyu opened the door and welcomed Hoya cheerfully. “Such a great timing Hoya. I was going to collapse by the continuous studying. Poor my head!” He hugged Hoya and was about to fake cry when he noticed the two visitors. “Ah..I am sorry. You must be Hoya’s friend. Come in.”

The friendly nature of Sunggyu made them feel comfortable at once.  

They introduced themselves with a polite bow, “Hello. I am Lee Sungyeol.” “And I am Lee Sungjong.” 

“Come…come. Have a seat. Are you new friends of Hoya, else how come I just saw you, even this is the first time listening your names. Hoya, are you keeping secrets from me now?” There was an accusing glint in Sunggyu’s eyes while facing Hoya.

“No..no, hyung! I would never keep a secret from you. You are like my own hyung whom I trust the most and share everything with.” Now Sunggyu was smiling fondly.

Sungyeol thought that now it was time for the proper introduction but didn’t know how to start.

“Sunggyu hyung. Actually we met through Myungsoo.” Sungyeol was doubtful.

Sunggyu’s small eyes are now getting bigger and bigger as much as possible. Sungjong wanted to laugh at the cute hamster looking hyung but refrained himself from it.

“Myung…Myungsoo, you mean, my little brother Myungsoo! How could it be? I know each person Myungsoo knows. How come I don’t know you guys?!” Sensing the skeptical voice in Sunggyu, Hoya interrupted, “Hyung, first hear them out. I assure you that whatever he says is true.”

With the sweating palm, Sungyeol started to tell everything from the beginning till the moment they entered the room. He even showed the diary to the elder.

Sunggyu listened to the whole thing without any interruption.

“I didn’t know that my brother has matured so much. He held in so many emotions within himself and never showed me anything wrong. Either he must be a great actor or I must be the terrible hyung who didn’t know what my own brother was going through.” Sunggyu held his head with his palm.

Hoya sat beside Sunggyu and wrapped his arms around the elder’s shoulder. “That’s not the case Gyu hyung. You have been a wonderful brother to Myungsoo and even to me. Don’t blame yourself. With the burden you are bearing, Myungsoo didn’t want to bother you further. He wanted you to believe that he was happy.”

Tears made their way in Sunggyu’s eyes. Sungyeol didn’t like a bit that he was the reason for those tears. It had just been few hours that he met Sunggyu but he already felt that he is a nice person, who cared for Myungsoo so much.

“I am sorry, Sunggyu hyung.” Sungyeol didn’t know why he said it but he felt the need for those words.

Sunggyu wiped out his tears. “No..no…don’t be. There is no reason for you to say sorry.” Sunggyu got up from his couch and came to Sungyeol and hugged him starling the poor boy. He didn’t know what to do so, he just sat still.

If Sungyeol said, the hug made his stunned, it could be wrong because the words that left Sunggyu’s mouth made his heart- shattered. “Even though I know that you have suffered a lot and the only hope for you to meet Myungsoo now is me, but…but I can’t allow it to happen.”


 


 

 

A/N : When you guys thought that finally now Myungyeol can see each other, but here is the twist! As much as Sunggyu likes Sungyeol for his brother but he can’t allow them to meet. But don’t hate on him, he has his own reasons. Please let me know how you are feeling about the story through your comments^^ Thank you :))

 

Btw, Woohyun is really a great singer who can touch people’s heart! And Gyu’s musical’s rehearsal are so cool~