It's never too late

Just too little too late..

Last chapter :(

 

“Hyoyeon,” he shakes her gently prodding her to look into his eyes..

When they make eye contact, he draws away from her but takes her delicate hands in his big ones and caresses them tenderly. “Hyoyeonah,” he begins again, voice almost choking, “I know this is crazy and wrong.. really really wrong.. but I.. I still love you and I don’t know what else to do.”

“Hyuk..”

He lowers his head refusing to let her stop him and drops down to his knees, “Just hear me out, okay? We belong together. I knew this the first time I laid eyes on you and I’ve never once doubted it.. even when we were apart, I knew that I just had to wait for you and you would eventually come back to me. I know it sounds goddamned selfish and I have no right to do this but I know you! I know you like no one else will and I know you still feel something for me too! I felt it just now when we kissed and as wrong as it may be for me to steal you from someone else, it would be just as wrong for us to be apart because the Hyoyeon I know would never kiss or even touch another man if she was already in love.”

Hyoyeon stays silent but she makes no attempt to remove her hands from his grasp so allowing himself a little optimism, Hyukjae lifts his head and gazes deep into her glistening brown eyes again. When he speaks, his voice is so sincere, not even the biggest cynic in the world would doubt him, “I will make up for all the times I’ve hurt you in the past, I’ll always keep you happy Hyo and I will protect you from him, from others.. the whole world if I have to! All you have to do is give me a chance! I swear you won’t regret it! Just..” his voice trails off with desperation, “baby, please leave him and come back to me, neh?”

 

Hyukjae then holds his breath waiting for her response but there's just stillness in the air for a long time.

And when she finally breaks her silence, it isn’t quite what he was hoping for.

 

“Stand up.”

He blinks up at her.

“Don’t get down on your knees unless you’re proposing,” she mumbles under her breath soft enough that he can’t fully hear her.

 

“I’m not moving until you give me an answer!” he replies stubbornly making Hyoyeon let out an exasperated sigh, “You’re such a moron and not to mention, childish!”

“Ya! I just poured my heart out to you and you’re calling me names!”

“Not names. Just pointing out the truth,” comes the tongue-in-cheek retort and he opens and closes his mouth like a goldfish, “Fine! You can call me anything you want. Just please answer me first.”

 

Finally, there is a hint of a grin forming around her lips, “Pabo! I’m not married. There is no man in my life.”

 

“There isn’t? Oh thank god..” Hyukjae is ready to melt into the shaggy carpet in relief but collects himself quickly as the baby’s adorable face flashes through his mind, “I mean no it’s not a good thing but Hyo, I will help you raise Jae Min! Please let me!”

“You can’t!”

“But whyyyy?” he cries out in alarm, “I've grown up in these two years! I have a job - I can support us! Plus, I’m really good with children. I even made him laugh earlier. And if you think it’s because of whoever his father is, I promise never to ask or talk about him.”

At those words Hyoyeon stares at him – as if sizing up the truth of his declaration – and he stares back unflinching. He means every word.

The seconds slowly trickle into minutes as their staring contest continues.

Hyukjae remains bewildered and hopeful and desperate but determined while Hyoyeon wages an internal struggle between her heart and her head. She had promised her 19 year old self that she would never repeat the same mistake of falling in love with this boy again and what good was she if she couldn’t even keep the biggest promise to herself? If she let him back into her life, the months of struggling to pull herself back from the pain and depression would be for nothing…

 

and yet she couldn’t ignore his eyes which testified for his words as he spoke again,

“Really Hyoyeona! I promise I will love JaeMin like my own flesh and blood with no questions because he is a part of you! I love you that mu –”

 

“You’re not going to get up, are you?” Hyoyeon interrupts his heart felt confession whilst rolling her eyes, “Have it your way then.”

She stands up.

Hyukjae’s cherished flame of hope is flickering dangerously. He can’t believe it. What was he going to do? He was losing her again.. he can’t. But how else can he convince her.. He..

 

He… gets the wind knocked out of him as something tackles him to the ground.

 

It’s her…

.. grinning up at him cheekily. “I love you too. Now will you just kiss me again already?”

 

 

A while later,

Hyukjae has a humongous unfading smile on his face as his arms circle around Hyoyeon, pressing her to him – they’ve moved on to the spacious leather couch from the floor. His lips are busy pressing kisses to every inch of her nape and throat.

As it turns out, JaeMin wasn’t Hyoyeon’s son.. he was her nephew! Her brother's son. Everything was right with the world. Hyukjae’s goals had now shifted to being the best uncle to JaeMin – he was still a part of Hyoyeon by extension and Hyukjae had fallen in love with that gurgling bundle of joy.

 

“I think I’m getting a neck cramp, oppa,” Hyoyeon giggles as she tries to pull away but Hyukjae’s grasp is rock solid. He’s been clinging to her childishly ever since their confession but he’s not ready to let go yet.. not by a long shot. “I’m serious!”

Hyukjae’s arms unwrap briefly - just long enough to lift her up on his lap - and then go back around her waist, “Better?”

“Wow, who knew you were so needy?”

“Only needy for you baby, so you better get used to it!”

Hyoyeon laughs in his face at the sudden cheesiness.

 

 

“I want one,” he says softly as he kisses her fingers. 

“One what?”

“A baby.”

“Mwoh?”

“I said,” he moves on to the other hand while keeping his gaze locked on hers, “I want. a baby. with you. as soon as possible. In fact,” his eyes take on a mischievous glint, “why don’t we start right now?”

“Ya! Do you think I’m so easy?” He winces as she punches his shoulder. The girl was still as strong as ever so he settles for playing with her gorgeous tresses for a while.

 

 

Some time later,

Hyoyeon suddenly bursts into girlish giggles, “Oh! I guess I should thank you too!”

He raises his eyebrows curiously, “For?”

“For thinking so highly of me that you thought I lost all the baby weight so quickly.”

“Well, yes but on second thought, I might have been too quick to decide.” He moves back a little while giving her a suggestive once-over, “You are wearing an oversized sweater so I think I need to see what’s underneath to judge correctly.”

“Oh god! Stop being such a !”

“What? I’ll have you know, I’ve been living like a hermit since the day you left me.”

“Ommo, really?”

“Yes really!” comes the slightly frustrated response, “so can we get started on the baby making now?”

 

“Wow,” Hyoyeon can't help feeling relieved and she decides to with a sultry smile, “then I have much to teach you!”

“What?” a vein in his neck pops up, arms tightening around her,  “and how or should I say how many people have you learned from?”

She bats her eyelashes innocently, “I thought you weren’t going to ask questions. You promised, remember?”

‘Damn it!’ “Yes,” replying through gritted teeth, Hyukjae settles for throwing daggers into the chests and lower regions of faceless men in his mind. 

 

“Ok! Stop looking so murderous.” Hyoyeon smoothes out the lines on his forehead, her laughter ringing through the cozy room, “I was just kidding. There hasn’t been anyone else since you, for me either.”

“Kim Hyo Yeon! Don’t joke around like that!”

“But it’s fun!”

“You know what’s fun?.......... The idea of shot gun wedding!”

===========================================================================================

** note: I'm not endorsing shot gun weddings cheeky just wanted to indicate that they were going to get married and have a baby soon!wink

 So its the end.. (7 chapters later) of what was supposed to be a one-shot,,then a two-shot.. lol I am a planning failure

I apologize if this chapter made you cringe with the cheesiness. I did too while I was writing it but I owed you some HyoHyuk loving after the angst in my other stories so I hope i have redeemed myself.

Thankyou once more to everyone who subscribed and commented.im sorry i never wrote individual replies but i assure you i read and appreciated everything so please continue to support me and i will try to give back by writing stories that you will enjoy.