Shoot.

Immortal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“She’s gone?!” Jungkook couldn’t suppress his voice.

“Calm down,” the doctor consoled him.

 

“I’ve checked her pulse and it died down.”

“We need to get her to the hospital to get her connected to the heart monitor.”

“We’re almost here, doctor!” The driver informed them.

 

When the ambulance pulled up to the emergency room entrance, Taehyung and Jungkook watched three more doctors rush out and help pull out the bed.

 

“You two!”

The boys looked up at the nurse with round, frightened eyes. She threw a purse at them and shouted, “Hold onto this while we run her through a more thorough examination. If the others come, you all wait in front of Surgery Room 4!” With that she disappeared behind the sliding doors of the surgery room, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook dumbfounded.

 

Taehyung clutched onto the purse leaning against the wall while Jungkook sat on one of the benches with his hands clasped tightly together.

 

“Hyung..?” Jungkook whispered after a moment of silence.

Also dazed by the situation, Taehyung looked up and nodded his head for the younger to continue.

“Hyung.. I’m-I’m at fault, aren’t I? Right?”

 

Taehyung softened at his frightened voice. Taehyung shook his head, “I honestly don’t know anymore.. It was her choice to run into the accident for you. But, let’s wait and see what the adults have to tell us. They’ll know better than what we could ever know.”

 

“Hyung, if she doesn’t make it, I would become at fault.”

Taehyung sighed, “We should’ve just gone to the arcade like Hoseok hyung insisted.”

Jungkook shook his head and buried his face into his hands.

“But.. I just got into my dream school, I don’t want to get kicked out!” Jungkook sighed in despair.

Taehyung gave him a sad smile, he knew that the latter did try so hard to get into Seoul National University.

 

“Taehyung!”

They heard Jimin run around the corner to where they were waiting.

When all of them reached the front of the surgery room, they bombarded the tired two young ones with questions after questions.

 

“What happened on the ambulance?”

“Is she okay?”

“Did she wake up?”

“How long has she been in the surgery room?”

“Was her wound really deep?”

 

“GUYS! Give the two a break!” Jin broke up the questions. “Look at our Jungkook!! He looks so scared! Stop making him worry. Jungkook, are you okay?”

Jungkook gave Jin a small smile, “I just hope she makes it..”

Jin nodded his head.

 

After another hour of silence, the truck driver finally got up from his seat and sighed.

“Kids, I’m really sorry this happened. Maybe if I had been a little bit more careful, I could have stepped on the breaks earlier.”

The boys shook their heads, “No, if we weren’t fooling off, this wouldn’t have had happened.”

 

“Kids, I was on an errand for my company when I ran into you guys. I have to get the supplies to my company. They keep calling me that our stocks are out of supplies. I’m sorry that I have to leave this spot first as an adult, but I can’t really wait any longer.”

He handed Yoongi a scrap of paper with his phone number and home address scribbled on it.

“Call me if anything happens after I leave. That’s my direct cell phone number. My name’s Jang Hyukwoo. You can call me Mr. Jang. Give me a call, I’ll come back as soon as I finish up that delivery.”

 

Yoongi nodded his head understandingly, “We’re sorry that this interfered you work Mr. Jang.”

“It’s fine. Keep me updated!”



 

Only a couple of minutes after Mr. Jang left the hospital, a doctor walked out of the surgery room.

The boys looked up, anticipating good news, but all that came to them was a soft “We’re sorry.”









 

A couple of days later, the boys walked up to the glass doors and took a deep breath in. Jungkook held onto the bouquet of roses tightly in his right hand. Taehyung fixed his black tie and Jimin and Hoseok buttoned up their suit. Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin dusted off their slacks.

 

“Ready?” Namjoon asked the group.

“Ready as we’ll ever be.”

 

They stepped into the building and quietly made way to the room the funeral was going to take place in.

 

“I still can’t believe.. She doesn’t have anyone to come visit her except us.. On top of that, we are complete strangers to her,” Yoongi shook his head.



 

“As soon as we attached her to the heart monitor, she was on the brink of her life. We tried everything to keep her heart running, but.. We are very sorry. Who’s her legal guardian?” The doctor looked up at the seven boys in his office.

 

They all looked down and shook their heads.

 

“We… We don’t know her,” Namjoon finally spoke up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter