Chapter 2/3

Flower (Because I Am a Man)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I bit my lip as I continued to observe you more.

Next to you stood the man that I assumed as your husband, since Seyeol called you guys as his parents. With a face full of smiles, he carried Seyeol in his arms. You and your husband did not stop smiling as Seyeol enthusiastically talked about something. You even laughed at something he said.

When I saw you guys then, you were like the picture of a perfect family.

Seyeol continued to talk more, before he suddenly turned his head at pointed at me.

And then, my heart dropped. You looked so surprised when you saw me. Yet, the look turned hesitant, as if you did not know what to do. I found myself walked to you and your family.

“Hi,” I greeted you unsurely. I nodded at your husband, and he nodded back.

“Halo,” you greeted back, smiling tentatively.

“Can we… Can we talk?” I fidgeted with my fingers.

You did not answer immediately. You looked at to your husband, as if asking for his permission.

For some reasons, this little gesture stabbed my heart.

When your husband nodded, you turned to me and said, “Sure. Let’s talk over there.”

You asked Seyeol to came down from his father’s hold, and gave your daughter to your husband. Your husband glanced at me before holding Seyeol’s hand and let him dragged them to the other flower locations. You led me to the wooden bench not so far from where your family was, but far enough that your family could not hear you.

For a moment, we were quiet. Uneasiness and awkwardness started to crawl in my skin.

“So, how are you?” I was desperate to break the suffocating silence between us.

“I’m good, as you see,” you smiled softly, still looking at the flowers. “How are you?”

“I’m not good, at all,” I told you honestly. “Everything went down the moment I realized that I had made the biggest mistake in my life. And I’m still recovering from the shock of it now.”

You did not say anything for a while.

“May I know what’s that?” You asked me. “What is the biggest mistake in your life?”

I sighed and stared at you intently. When you stared back, I confidently said, “Letting you go.”

You looked surprised at my answer.

“I was a fool, you know,” I laughed sadly. “I had you in my life, yet I took you for granted. You gave me your all, but I cruelly stomped any of your efforts. And the last straw is when I cheated on you with that excuse of a woman,” I exhaled loudly. “After all that I have done, is it too much if I ask for your forgiveness?”

You let out a sigh. I was anxious to hear your answer.

“I forgive you,” Surprised was evident on my face. “I think I have forgiven you since I got my own happiness. Everything is finally okay for me.” She smiled at me tenderly.

“But that’s the thing,” I gulped. “Nothing is alright for me since many years ago. Actually, nothing is alright since you walked out of my life. I’m still hurt,” Tired of masking myself, I finally showed you my bare emotions, “And I think only you can heal the wound.”

“What… What do you want me to do, then?”

“Give me one more chance,” you widened your eyes at my request. “Give me a chance to make it alright. Come back to me. Please…” I threw my pride and begged when you still sat stiffly.

You closed your eyes for a moment, before opened them tiredly.

“Chanyeol-ssi–“

“Oppa,” I corrected you swiftly. “Please don’t stop calling me Chanyeol Oppa.”

You wore an unreadable expression on your face.

“Chanyeol Oppa,” you said eventually. “You know I can’t do that. I have a family now, and I’m not leaving them just to be with you.”

“I didn’t ask you to leave your family,” I answer immediately. “I just asked you to give me one more chance. I’m okay if you want me as a secret lover. I don’t mind, as long as I have a chance to be with you.”

You looked at me as if I grew three pairs of heads.

“That was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard from you,” you said, totally not amused. “Seriously? Did you just invite me to cheat on my husband with you?”

“Yes,” I replied you seriously. “Do it. Let me show you that I can make you happier with me.”

 “Fortunately for me, I’m happily married,” you snorted. “And I’m not starting any affair, not when my husband has been nothing but wonderful for me.” You stood up from the bench. “I think this conversation is over.”

“Wait!” I grabbed your wrist as you started to walk away. “I’m serious. Please give me a chance. Please,” Your eyes widened when I dropped on my knee, “Don’t leave me again. I will be better. Just… Please… Come back to me…”

You softened and bent down, wiping the tears that I have not realized have flowed down on my cheeks.

“I’m sorry,” you patted my right cheek tenderly. “But I can never do that to my family. To my dearest husband.”

With that, you walked to your family, leaving me crying silently without looking back.

 

ooOoo

 

Sudah kumantapkan hatimu untukmu

(I’m already decided to give my heart for you)

Hanya dirimu yang mengerti aku

(You are the only one who understand me)

Tinggalkan dirinya, kembalilah padaku

(Leave him, come back to me)

Hanya aku yang mampu memahamimu

(I am the only one who can understand you)

 

Had I told you that Park Chanyeol was a stubborn soul?

Then, you should have expected that I would not give up easily at your rejection.

I was glad that I took a two weeks off from the company. Otherwise, my best friends would have my head now as I forcefully dumped my responsibilities to them, again. Yet, they did not have any choice to take care of my company after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter