Chapter 6

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you were inside of the Baes’ resident, the sound of Joohyun’s footsteps, well more like she’s stomping the ground, can be heard from the outside. Then it stopped, followed by a sound of a bunch of keys dangling with a slight grunt.

 

The door burst open, revealing a fuming bunny with their groceries in her arms. Then a bear and a squirtle, also with some bags of groceries, came in sight when the bunny turned her direction towards the kitchen.

 

The very displeased bunny put down the things on the dinner table a bit too roughly that a loud thud can be heard.

 

The bear and the squirtle looked at each other but said nothing as they put down the things, but not before gulping.

 

There was an awkward silent for the two of them as the bunny just put her hands on the edge of the kitchen counter, lifting her own weight.

 

The two didn’t budge a move. They, or just the squirtle, know what will they have to face if they act like nothing ever happened earlier.

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry… I don’t think-“ The little one’s voice is stuck in , she was about to burst any minute now. She was young after all. The thought of her disappointing her unnie like this it made her want to lock herself for 1 month without her pink marshmallow swirls. Heck she can’t even live without it for a week.

 

But it wasn’t entirely her fault.

 

“Ddeulgi is sorry too..” The bear let out this time. She maybe dense, but she’s not dumb. Well, maybe, not too dumb or too dense but- you get the point.

 

And the little one was 101% sure something will happen in any second now. There are many things going through her mind right now. A long lecture, a scolding, or maybe a “no sweets for a week!”.

She shivered.

 

Good thing her unnie doesn’t do violence. Except for the satan and the hamster.

 

But things didn’t go as she thought it’ll be when the bunny just pulled back her hand, heaved a sigh and spoke for the first time since they made their way home from the supermarket.

 

“Clean up after you eat.” She says still looking straight into the air. She then made her way out of the kitchen, heading to her room.

 

“Unnie-!”

 

“Joohyun-!”

 

Slam.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Seulgi and Yeri are currently sitting down the dining table, eating their ramen that Joohyun bought from a nearby restaurant quiety. The oldest may not have the mood to cook dinner, but she still cares about her unnie, now she needs to for the new bear.

 

“Yeri? I think Joohyun is unhappy.”Seulgi says with a frown.

 

“Unhappy???? Seulgi-“ Yeri held the her’s shoulders. “SHE’S ANGRY!” she finished with wide eyes, shaking her a little.

 

“What is angry?”

 

“Too unhappy that you’re willing to hit someone.” Yeri says removing her hands to cross them and went back to her seat.

 

“But Joohyun didn’t hit us though…” Seulgi was right. But why? Yeri thought. She didn’t even threw her tantrum at them.

 

Well she actually did, back at the supermarket. How couldn’t she? There were people running everywhere and it was all because them two, and a can of Pringles. She had to apologize to everyone, it was quite (SO VERY MUCH) embarrassing.

 

Luckily no one broke anything and Seulgi didn’t bleed her nose. Although, she crashed herself (in the cart) on a pile of towel, God bless her. Still, there’s nothing to be paid for Joohyun.

 

“Ddeulgi haven’t seen her eat too.. Is Joohyun not hungry?” Seulgi swirls her chopsticks (in which Yeri taught her how to use) around in her almost empty bowl as she eyed the latter.

 

Yeri could only sigh. “I don’t know..” She really doesn’t.

 

“BUT WHY DID YOU DISOBEY ME???” The squirtle then remembered the reason behind all of this mess. She fumed while punching the air, it’s not scary at all.

 

“D-Deulgi is sorry! Ddeulgi just lose control! It’s like, that thing is calling for Ddeulgi!” Seulgi whines while holding hear head, facing the table.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes and sigh again. She can’t really blame Seulgi. And she doesn’t want to pressure her since the red cylinder she was chasing was nowhere to be found when they were paying for the groceries.

 

“What to do now?” Yeri stands up and grab their now empty bowls (they were really hungry despites all the running and shouting they did) to the sink and started washing.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Washing the dishes. Like unnie told us to do.”

 

“What?”

 

“Cleaning, it’s that one thing that unnie would never forget to tell me no matter how angry she is. She can’t stand dirty things.” Yeri smile with her eyes still focusing on what she’s doing.

 

“Clean view makes her calm.” The youngest wasn’t really focus on what she just said and why Seulgi asked her. She’s probably tired. (Again, after all the running and shouting.)

 

“Is washing the dishes the only thing that has something to do with cleaning?” Seulgi’s ears perked up.

 

“Nah, there’s a lot! Y’know, like, sweeping the floor, and stuff.” She yawned

 

Seulgi tapped her chins, thinking for a while.

 

“Yeri, can you show me that tiny box that shows people moving again? But I want to see them cleaning?”

 

“What? You mean videos?” Yeri turns herself to Seulgi after putting the last bowl away, raising a brow.

 

“If that’s what it is then yes.” Seulgi beamed.

 

“At this hour??” Ugh nevermind, wait.” Too tired, she just took out her phone and went to Youtube. She grimaced a little typing ‘cleaning’ on the search bar. She then gave her phone to the bear after tapping on the first vid that appeared.

 

“Thank you!” The bear chirped which Yeri only waved off.

 

“I’m going to bed now, just put the phone on the coffee table when you’re done.” The squirtle then drowsily walk off to her habitat.

 

“Okay!”

 

Weird

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter