Chapter 16

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun wakes up with a headache to the alarm set on her phone, she slept through the night. She slowly cracks her eyes and blinks repeatedly to adjust herself to the bright daylight.

 

When she did, she sits up while holding her throbbing head before she realizes that someone had tucked her in to a very comfortable position, must be one of the reasons why she slept really well.

 

“Ah!” she gasps loudly checking the time, her alarm had rung five times before she actually woke up and quickly dashes out of the bed to wash herself.

 

“why didn’t Yeri woke me up!” she shouts more like a statement rather than a question. The living room is too quiet for her liking but she doesn’t have the time to care for that, she doesn’t have the time for everything to be exact as she forgot to zip her bag.

 

As soon as she opens the door, she almost fell on her when her two besties, Sooyoung and Seungwan are standing outside, about to knock on her door.

 

“Aye man, chill!” Sooyoung puts her hand out to calm the latter as if she just saw a gigantic frog with a chipmunk beside it. Well.

 

“w-why are you guys here??? We’re late for school! 2nd day of exam!”

 

“uh hello? Didn’t you get our messages? School is currently closed and our exam has been postponed due to some accident happened yesterday.” Seungwan enters the house to help Joohyun stand up.

 

“wha- what?” she raises her eyebrows in demand.

 

“there has been violence going on in our school and for safety measure, our school has been closed for a week, if I’m not mistaken.” Seungwan scratches her nape wondering who it was.

 

“from what we heard, one of our student was badly beaten” The satan says amused, “thank God, the fire alarm rung and it was only one.” Seungwan nods.

 

“… I’m so confused.” Joohyun mumbles looking down. Was it Seulgi? But she was perfectly fine and she wasn’t there when they found out about the case.

 

“that’s why we’re here, in our CASUAL attire” she looks down to herself before eyeing them and Seungwan was right, she’s the only one with their school blazer.

 

“we’ve been trying to call you and spammed your inbox but you answered none. I did tell your baby sister, she probably went to school without bothering you and Seulgi.”

 

Joohyun tilts her head before checking her phone and once again they’re correct.

 

“where’s our precious baby bear?”

 

The atmosphere suddenly turns quiet and dead, only the sound of the clock and be heard. “I don’t know.. and I don’t wanna know.” Joohyun sigh, her mood suddenly went blue.

 

Her besties just looks at each other and shrugs making their way to the living room, expecting that their precious baby bear in there doing either doodling or hugging the wall, but to their dismay, she isn’t there.

 

“Joohyun..? Seulgi’s not here” Seungwan calls her and the latter drags her feet there and again, she’s right.

 

“Bear is not in the kitchen too” Sooyoung pops her head out with a worried face.

 

“she probably just went outside to play basketball or something” Joohyun groans.

 

“that couldn’t be, we just passed there and its unlikely for you to allow her do so.” Sooyoung meant by allowing her to go outside.

 

Unfortunately, they’re right, once again.

 

Seungwan began to scramble around the house shouting the bear’s name but they are all left unanswered.

 

“Joohyun want happened?”

 

“…”

 

“The last time I saw you and Seulgi was when she dragged you out, what happened?” they approach her but the latter only stood deaf, clenching her jaw feeling somewhat guilty.

 

“Joohyun answer us.”

 

“I…” she breathes, “I got into a fight with her” and she began telling them everything.

 

“I shouldn’t have pick her up” the reasons she told them hoping they can understand but they only scoffed. “Seulgi is Seulgi, she’s probably just somewhere but not far and will be back soon…”

 

“wow, you.. really now, you are really…” Sooyoung stops thinking that it might be rude. “dense.” Seungwan finishes for her with a hint of anger in her tone. It was sudden, they all didn’t expect Seungwan to be like that since she’s polite most of the time.

 

“excuse m-”

 

“I’m gonna look for her.” She walks away, followed by Sooyoung who glance at her before exiting the house.

 

“wait guys-“

 

Slams.

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

Seulgi will be back soon. What can that one bear do?

 

But today wasn’t really a fortunate day for Joohyun as she kept hitting conclusions where they were always at her dismay.

 

It’s almost 10 p.m. and the two siblings are blending in the very quiet atmosphere, only the little one’s tiny sobs can be heard.

 

“Unnie, I’m worried…” Yeri clutches on her unnie’s shirt, all frowns and watery eyes. “She could be anywhere by now” she sobs against her shirt.

 

“she’ll be fine, Seulgi won’t run away, how can she leaves you?” Joohyun assures her while her hair and kisses her forehead.

 

Joohyun was so sure Seulgi will be back when she saw the box and the piece of paper on her table, thinking that Seulgi left her stuff.

 

Yeri sleeps with her unnie that day and ask if she can excuse herself from school tomorrow so that she can welcome Seulgi. Joohyun didn’t question further.

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

Joohyun wakes up alone the next morning, Yeri isn’t in her arms.

 

And Seulgi’s isn’t around her. Seulgi hasn’t return.

 

It feels cold. She doesn’t like it.

 

Was that a dream? She thought, Seulgi’s probably playing with Yeri right now downstairs, right?

 

But then she snaps when she remembers that Yeri would be at school if Seulgi was there in the first place. And she won’t wake up at this hour.

 

“Unnie…” her train of thought was disturbed when a familiar voice, more like a sob, calls her out. There Yeri sits on her chair, hugging her knees, while holding a piece of paper. She gets up immediately and hugs Yeri who bursts in her embrace.

 

“w-what’s wrong? What’s that??” Joohyun panics when her dongsaeng’s cry gets louder.

 

“Unnie- S-Seulgi!”

 

“Why-“ she hands the folded paper to her unnie. “this is from my table…” Joohyun whispers, feeling scared. The paper somehow taunts her, and so with shaky hands she opens it revealing a slight messy handwriting.

 

 

 

 

"Dear Joohyun and Yeri,

 

I am sorry for everything :( I had tried my best to serve Joohyun well but it seems like I am still lacking in everything. From the looks of it, my further presence may be a big bother to Joohyun and little Yeri. It’s okay now, you don’t have to worry because I will take my leave. Joohyun will no longer have to be bothered by my reckless act as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter