Chapter 3

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun had to rush out of the house because she was few minutes too late. Sure she was left with a hour to doll herself up but it can’t be help when Seulgi, in her new set of clothes which was Joohyun’s, kept asking her what are these and what are those, followed by her endless “Master?”  

 

She has noted in her mind to tell the bear to stop calling her that later.

 

But one thing she was sure of, Seulgi has no knowledge at all.

 

She thought about shooing her out but, she knows nothing! Seulgi looks, and sound so fragile and innocent. Not to mention cute, somehow. Seulgi was tugging Joohyun’s shirt when she saw her making her way out of the house, “Master, where are you going?” followed by a pout. She can’t help but to pat her cheeks, telling her “I’ll be back, just don’t go anywhere, okay?”

 

The bear looked down on her feet, but stopped tugging anyway. “Be back soon..” She mumbled before Yeri lured her away from the scene with a cookie.

 

“Ooh! What is that??” Curiousity once again won over Seulgi as she followed Yeri, who eyed her sister to go already.

 

Joohyun was really thankful. But somehow she felt a little disappointed when Seulgi turned her attention too quick. But that didn’t really matter as for the moment, she really needs to hurry up.

 

Sigh of relief escaped when ‘The Velvet’, the ice cream parlour where she was suppose to be with Seungwan and Sooyoung in 20 minutes ago, she checked the time on her watch.

 

Luckily for her, the two can still be seen when she popped her head in the parlour, she chuckled watching as Sooyoung kept pushing and pulling Seungwan’s ice cream when she wanted to scoop it.

 

She stopped her antic when she saw Joohyun walking towards them, giving Seungwan a chance to snatch her ice cream for Sooyoung and protecting it like her whole life depended on it.

“Ooooh unnie! What took you so long?? My ice cream is melting already!” The satan stood up and puts her hands on Joohyun’s shoulders.

 

“Idiot, you already finished your ice cream.” Seungwan huffed, slightly flipping her locks so the ice cream won’t stain it. Joohyun glared at Sooyoung who’s still in her act.

 

Joohyun then settled herself on the empty part of the round table. “Sorry, the force is not with me today.” Seungwan passed her the banana and chocolate swirl that they ordered for her, “Unusual morning?” She took the ice cream which hasn’t, by God’s grace, fully melted yet not before mouthing a thank you.

 

“You have no idea.”

 

“What happened?” It was Sooyoung and her two besties are now eyeing her.

 

Joohyun bit her lower lips. “Well..”

 

She took a deep breathe before continuing. “I bought home a teddy bear that was stranded on the street yesterday on my way home.”

 

“Okay?” Sooyoung’s eyes twitched at the thought of the granny bringing home a teddy bear, not knowing whether it’s a bomb or not. She was about to asked.

 

“I know what you guys are thinking and NO it’s not a bomb.” She rolled her eyes before stuffing herself with her ice cream.

 

They both laughed awkwardly as Joohyun knew what they were thinking.

 

“The teddy bear.. It somehow caught my attention. I mean- who would leave a cute little stuffed animal on the street? It’s not even dirty and it looks new, smells nice too! So I bought it home.”

The oldest glanced at the two, they just nodded, hinting her continue.

 

“Well… It was so cute that I hugged it to sleep.”

 

“Whaaaaa??? You hugged a stuffed animal to sleep?” Sooyoung was now jaw dropping when the grandma just admitted something embarrassing despite their current age. Seungwan, in the other hand, tried not to laugh. The reactions she’s receiving now made her frown.

 

“Yah.. That’s not the point of the whole story! I haven’t finish yet!” She whined. Sometime it made her besties wonder if she’s really 18.

 

“Okay okay, then what happened?”

 

“It..” Joohyun paused as she recalled the event this morning. Blushing really hard, it wasn’t left unnoticed by the two. It made them really curious this time. “Hurry up! What happened?” Sooyoung egged her on but there’s no response from the older.

 

Sooyoung leaned back on her seat and huffed, Joohyun was testing her patience. “You’re making it look like this teddy bear turned into a human and you were hugging its body until you woke up!” She exclaimed sarcastically which made Seungwan burst out laughing. “Oh! That’s a good one!” They high-fived.

 

Their laughter faltered when Joohyun was eye-ing them in disbelief. Hey eyes were bulging out, jaw dropping. “H-How??” She breathed out, it was almost inaudible.

 

“How what?” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“How did you know?”

 

“What?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

There was a long pause as the three of them stared at eachother before it hits Seungwan. Now choking hard on her ice cream followed by hard coughs, while Sooyoung almost fell backward but ended up hitting her knees hard on the table instead, she was yelping. If the situation Joohyun was in wasn’t serious at all, she’ll be laughing her guts out at the scene.

 

The other customers are now turning to the ruckus made.

 

Seungwan was still coughing hard while hitting her chest to calm the pain down. Meanwhile, Sooyoung was holding her knees up, hugging them while mumbling words that no one can’t make them out as if she was cursing in French. Joohyun had to stand up and bowed to the public, apologizing on the behalf of the idiots.

 

“Can you guys quiet down? We’re gonna get kicked out if you guys don’t!” It took them a few minutes calm down but they’re still panting from the pain. Karma, Joohyun thought but she tried to keep her calm expression when she just wanted to laugh hard.

 

“A-Are you serious?” The two looked quite terrifi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter