Chapter 4

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the incident, Joohyun couldn’t bear to return her friends’ stare. It wasn’t that she was embarrassed of Seulgi, but she can’t seem to remove the image of her, physically. She almost forgot about it. Almost. Luck wasn’t on her side, perhaps. She ran her hands over her face before mentally slapping herself.

 

“You weren’t kidding.” Sooyoung broke her stare, only to pull her hand from her chin to cross her arms. “My goodness.” It was Seungwan this time.

 

“I am not you.” Joohyun turned to the satan after suppressing a groan.

 

The three were seated at the coffee table in the Bae’s living room. Shopping bags were placed aside, except for Joohyun’s. She gave them too Seulgi who’s now changing in her master’s room.

 

If you’re wondering why Seulgi didn’t require any help, it’s because she already saw how Joohyun did it, back when she was still a teddy bear. It didn’t cross the Baes’ mind like it was the common knowledge ever. Little that they know the bear didn’t have that or any at all, and it was gained by watching her master.

 

The small banter of the three continued even after Yeri brought in glasses of orange juice, enough for 5 people. She then sat herself next to Joohyun, who’s sitting in front of her two besties. Still going on with their banter even after sipping their drink, creating gaps of silence in between the battle of ‘defending themselves’. Of course, not before thanking the little one.

 

“So… Based on your normal state now, You seem to know everything already.” Joohyun decided to stop the banter before eyeing Yeri.

 

Yeri nodded nonchalantly while sipping on her juice.

 

“What did the bear tell you?” Sooyoung decided to pry.

 

“Oh, don’t worry, just everything that I needed to know.” The youngest grinned bashfully before putting her drink down.

 

“And by everything, you mean…” Joohyun eyed her suspiciously.

 

“Like how you kissed her that made her into what she is now?”

 

“wHAT-“ Seungwan manage to spat out before chocking on her drink. It was the second time today but only this time, it’s a juice.

 

And it was also the second time today the satan injured her precious ankles. Good thing their drinks didn’t fell.

 

“Yah! N-No wait you guys got it all wrong!” She waved on her friends hastily with the colour red conquering her cheeks, but none of them saw it as they’re both occupied with saving their life from dying in the lamest way.

 

“I didn’t know that a kiss would magically turned her into a teddy bear! Like you guys never kiss your plushies before going to sleep!” Joohyun fumed that looked like a whine, only to receive another bump from the table.

 

It was Seungwan’s ankle again. Her friends can now be seen rolling allover the floor.

 

“Unnie, are you sure you didn’t bring wrong people? Are they only doppelgangers or-“ Yeri  leaned close to her unnie to whisper the word out.

 

“Now that you mention it,” Joohyun stared at the whimpering idiots, “I don’t even know.”

 

“Master?” Like a child calling out for her mother in a crowded place, the sudden voice made everyone’s head turn to the direction of it.

 

The pain of the two long forgotten as they gaped on Seulgi who’s standing on the end of the stair , tugging the end of her new sets of clothes, looking oh so innocently at Joohyun.

 

The new set of clothes looked cute on her, they all thought. A lose yellow tee that actually covers her whole upper part of the body and a white knee-length pants. It made Joohyun wonder if the clothes that she bought was made for Seulgi to wear it, almost like it’s destiny or something.

 

“Seulgi..” Joohyun was about to ask her to sit down with them but she stopped when she saw Seulgi’s eyes became wide.

 

“Orange juice!” The bear exclaimed loudly as she ran to their direction to grab the drink, only to trip on nothing and fell on the floor. Hard.

 

Joohyun was shocked. She ran to Seulgi who’s just lying there, but a groan can be heard.

 

“Seulgi! Seulgi are you okay????” Seungwan  stood up quickly to help her friend sitting Seulgi up. Sooyoung was stll gaping.

 

“Did she just fell on nothing?” She thought.

 

“Her nose is bleeding!” Seungwan panicked seeing blood coming out of Seulgi’s nose.

 

“She bleeds too?” The satan tilted.

 

“Yeri quick! The kit!” Joohyun shouted. Yeri who’s frozen snapped her head, nodding before running to get the item her unnie demanded.

 

Seulgi felt drowsy. Shaking her head, trying to clearing out something that seems to be stuck in her face. “Uuuuuhhhkjkjkjhajbsckjkdckhaksd.”

 

“Stop that! You’ll bleed more!” Joohyun held her cheeks with both of hands.

 

“Bleed? What is that?” As drowsily eyed Joohyun’s face before touching the injured part of the face.

 

“What is this?” The bear turn her attention to her hand that has her blood on it.

 

“And stop talking for the moment!” Her master had her eyebrows knitted. She’s worried. It hasn’t been 24 hours yet and Seulgi already had a bleeding nose.

 

“What is this feeling? Master, I’m not happy with this.” She frowned. A tear escaped Seulgi’s eyes.  She’s crying.

 

“And she can cry! Oh my God!” Sooyoung almost fainted.

 

“Oh! D-Don’t cry! I-It’ll be okay! “ Joohyun was eyeing Seulgi panically while Seungwan was out of words. She can only caress the bear’s back, trying to ease her. Seulgi tugged Joohyun’s sleeve a few times, Joohyun take it as she needs to cling on something. So she just hugged her, not caring if her favourite sweater might get stained later.

 

“Wha-t is a- a c-cryyyyyy-“ She managed to ask bertween her sobs. Joohyun mentally facepalmed herself.

 

Yeri came running back to the scene with the needed box in her hand.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter