Friends

Her Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Ji Ae was on her way to school as usual when suddenly a pair of hand landed on her shoulder, making the girl freak out.

"Morning, Ji Ae!"

Turning her head around to get a better view of the culprit who frightened the daylight out of her, Ji Ae let out a sigh of relief and softly shook his hands off her as she wasn't used to the sudden contact. 

"Good morning, Joshua-ssi." And that made the boy laugh. What? Did I say something wrong? 

"You could drop the formalities. We're friends right?" Joshua said, teary eyed from laughing too hard, making the girl flush red.

"Y-yeah....Friends...." Ji Ae's cheeks warmed up, having the thoughts of finally having a friend playing in her mind. 

Ji Ae was always alone no matter where she was and the thought itself made her heart crumble in pieces. Nobody dared to befriend her as she was known as the Ice Princess everywhere. Some thought she was arrogant, whilst some thought she's just a nobody. Finally, after so many transfers, Ji Ae finally found a company. No, a friend. Someone who would accept her as who she is. 

Happy, Ji Ae walked a little faster so that they could walk side by side. 

In the midst of the walk, Ji Ae occasionally took glances at Joshua as she was a tad bit curious on why he wanted to become friends with her.

"Is there something on my face?" Joshua spoke up, a hand scratching his right cheek, startling the daylight out of the girl as she was caught taking timid glances at him.

With cheeks as red as tomatoes, Ji Ae shook her head and kept her head low, a little too embarrassed to look at him at the moment.

 

Moments later, both of them arrived at the gates and the attention was immediately placed on them. The ice princess finally had a company and its not just anyone. It's the boy who got voted as the most popular guy in school.

Seeing the awfully weird combination, judging eyes and whispers were heard, making the frown on Ji Ae's face to go down deeper. She didn't like the attention she was getting. It felt....insulting. 

Ji Ae's steps became slower as the distance between Joshua and her started to widen. She didn't want the attention she was getting nor did she want to lose her new friend. Being the oblivious Joshua he was, he walked ahead unaware that Ji Ae was left behind in the midst of the crowd.

A hard bump on Ji Ae's shoulder knocked her down as she went kneeling on the floor, a gush of pain shooting through her knees. What the-

"Ji Ae!" In between the harsh whispers, she heard Joshua calling out to her. A hand came forth and made her look up.

"Get up." It was Mingyu. 

Ji Ae sat there, hesitating to accept his help. Mingyu's next action shocked her as he took hold of her arm and lifted her up with ease. She thought that he would harshly drag her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter