The Garden Boy

Her Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throwing herself on her bed, she let out a deep sigh, exhaustion filling her up. The sound of her phone ringing startled her but she managed to sit up and checked her phone for the incoming message.  A frown was on her face when she read the message from her mother that says she couldn't make it for dinner. 

 

Ji Ae was wondering around Hongdae and her eyed sparkled when she spotted various street food stalls everywhere. The first thing that caught her eyes was a stall selling spicy rice cake. It's been ages since she last ate one and the ones in America couldn't compare to the ones in Korea as they originated from here in the first place. 

Walking towards the stall in the midst of the crowd, she squished herself until she arrived right in front of the stall but what shocked her wasn't the pleasant smell of the spicy rice cake but the boy working behind the cart. She recognized him as the garden boy and casually took a seat in front of him. 

"One ddeokbokk please." Right after she said that, the said boy turned his head to face her and met eyes. Ji Ae's heart skipped a beat and she felt her cheeks getting hot. Oh. When the garden boy didn't seem to want to look away, she silently cursed in her head. Why is he staring at me for so long. Does he want something from me?

"Mingyu!" And with that, he broke eye contact and walked away, leaving the girl all dumb-founded with flushed cheeks. "W-What was that...." She silently mumbled under her breath and fidgeted in her seat. It wasn't easy for someone to make her this flustered and this was the first and meeting him here made her think back about today's incident.

 

Ji Ae stood there in his embrace, stunned that he hugged her when it was the first time meeting each other. 

"Please... don't..go. stay." Ji Ae slight shifted to see if he was awake and a sigh escaped her lips when she realized he was sleep talking again. Seeing his peaceful face, Ji Ae softened and gently patted his back. 

Ji Ae waited for him to be in deep sleep before softly pushing him away and headed to find Hoshi, the class rep.

 

Mingyu came back again, choking the daylight out of the girl as she was in the middle of gobbling down her spicy rice cakes. Him appearing out of nowhere especially when she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter