Let Me Know

I am so not in love with you

SUGA POV

It has been nearly a month now but no one or clubs ever contact us asking us to perform. I almost gave up when my phone vibrated. I looked at the private number feeling a bit anxious but decided to pick up.

“Yoboseyo,”

“Is this Suga-shii phone number?” a man asking from another end of line.

“Yes this is him,” I answered him.

“Oh, finally! I’m glad to talk to you,”

After a few minutes conversation, finally I started to feel energetic again although I wasn’t the most active person but the call brings hope and also food to our house. I looked at the clock and immediately get ready to meet our new boss. Driving our old van to the address provided, I parked the car quite far from the club. I looked up and read the sign to ensure I was on the right place. I looked around and entered but soon loss and the loud sound doesn’t help at all when I try to ask people where I should be headed. I was looking everywhere when then a tall handsome man approached me.

“Can I help you sir?” I looked up at him and smiled,

“I’m here to see..” I unlocked my phone and read the man’s name.

“Jung Yunho?” I said and looked at him. He smiled and showed me the way to this Jung Yunho’s office I believe. From the interior it looked quite different than any club I used to perform before. We stopped in front of a big black door; this guy knocked the door asking for permission to enter. It sorts of remind me of those mafia film I always watched.

“Come in!” a voice sounded from behind the door. The door opened revealing a young man not that old than the guy who showed me the room. He was sitting with papers in his both hands and glasses on.

“Hyung, this young man wants to meet you,”

He looked up and removed his glasses and motioned with his hand for both of us to walk to him. We walked nearer to his desk and he smiled as he stood up, held his hand in front of me,

“Hi! Suga right?” he said and I nodded at him.

“Please. Oh, thanks Changmin-ah,” he gestured to me and the man who showed me the way leave as we both sat down.

“So let’s get straight to our business,” he said and showed me papers with “Contract” as front page. I took it and read each of it carefully. He waited and as I finished reading I looked up at him.

“100,000 won per night?” I said, gasped as I looked at him.

“Why? Too little? Well, I can pay you higher but first you need to-“

“No,no. Th-That is a lot. I mean we-we never been paid like this before. The most we make was about 80,000 won? And that is our payment for a month,” I said still can’t believe my eyes as I watched the contract. He smiled and sighed.

“I know how popular and good you guys are. That is why I paid you with that amount per night. So is it a deal then?” he said and held his hand in front of me. I wrinkled my eyebrows and tilted my head.

“How do I know that you are not ting me?”

He laughed and leaned closer to me.

“You are welcome to take me to court if I’m ting you,” he said, pointing me a pen. I smirked and took the pen and signed the deal. He then took the papers and gave me another set as a proof.

“Glad to be working with you, Mr Jung,”

“Me too. And just call me Hyung,” he said and winked at me.

 

The club was loud as I exited the room. This is night club, what do you expect? I shook my head and tried to walk through the sea of human body grinding towards each other when then I saw someone familiar. I rubbed my eyes, thinking I’m seeing things but the more I focus the clearer my view is.

“No way,” I said and walked to approach that said person. He was walking to the bathroom as I saw he was heading there. I walked faster and held onto his arms.

“V?”

I called his name and then he turned around, surprised to see me, I believe.

 “Suga hyung?”

 

We walked to the quieter part of the club with him leaning against the wall and me in front of him. We were both silent but I decide to break the silent.

“I didn’t know you are back in Seoul,”

“Y-yeah. It’s just me. My mom still in Seattle,”

“Ooh, are you here alone?”

“My cousin,” he said pointing nowhere in particular.

“Wh-what are you doing here hyung?” he said, hands crossed over his chest, as in defensive mode. I smirked and laughed a bit.

“Shouldn’t I’ll be the one asking you that question instead V?”

He smirked and rubbed his nape.

“I got performance deal here,” I said gestured to the paper I was holding. He looked up and nodded to me.

“With the crew?”

“Nah~ Just Rap mon,” hearing that name suddenly makes him tensed as I can sense his uneasiness as he moved a bit and looked around.

“Is-is he here?”

“Nah, just me,”

We were both silent then V smiled at me,

“I have to go hyung my cousin are waiting for me,” he said as he tried to walk past me.

 

Taehyung POV

“Wait! Give me your number,” Suga hyung said and took out his phone. I was speechless and frozen the moment he asked for my number. It’s not like we never knew each other but something in me just don’t want to give him.

“V, I’m still you hyung even after wh-“

“Give me your phone,” I said in order not to hear anything else from him.

“Great! I’ll text you later,” he said patting my shoulder and walked away from me.

I was paralyzed for a while as I watched Suga hyung back as he walked away.

 

Jimin POV

Jin hyung dragged me to another part of the club which was much quieter so we can talk peacefully with each other. He was still holding my arms as he watched me closely and then he leaned closer to me, as if to sniff something. He sighed in relief and looked at me with his hands crossed over his chest.

“Jimin-ah what are you doing here? Are you sneaking out? Oh my god! Are you alone? Or are you with someone else? Wait! Is Jungkook here too?”

He gasped and tried to search for who I believe Jungkook. I hold his arm and shook my head.

 “No hyung Jung kook’s not here. I-I’m with a-a friend,”

“What? Do you know what time is it now? Are you out of your mind Jiminnie?”

I fell in silent as he kept nagging, worse than my mother to tell the truth but I know Jin hyung was always like this. As he looked on a speechless me, he stopped talking and took something out from his pocket. I was scared if it was his handphone that I immediately stopped his hand.

“Hyung! Please don’t call my mom. I – I was on my way home now. Please don’t call her,” I begged holding his hand. He wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion and chuckled as he ruffled my hair.

“I was going to give you this,” he said and hand me some cash. I looked up at him and in loss of words.

“For the taxi fare. I don’t think there’s any bus left at this hour,”

I was so touched that I almost tear up. Jin hyung was always kind to me. One minute he will nag worse than a mother-in-law and the next he will be like a sweet mother.

“Thanks hyung.” I said and about to walk away when then he stopped me again.

 “Jimin-ah, promise me I won’t see you here again or another club?” he said and hold out his pinky finger. I smiled and intertwined it with my pinky finger.

“I promise,”

I quickly head out as I afraid Taehyung can’t find me. I stood at the exact position he asked before but something click inside me thinking he might already waited outside. I took out my phone and tried to call him as I walked out from the club. The ring inside my ear and not far from where I stood I heard ringtone similar to Taehyung. I shifted my head to the left and saw he stood, staring at his foot, ignoring the ringing inside his pocket. I walked to him and nudged his arm.

“Yah! Pick up your phone,”

He looked up and saw me about to take out his phone and I ended the call. He slide to unlock and saw my number but he was still silent.

“Let’s go,” he said and walked to the bus stop. I walked behind him noticed his mood changes. He was happy as we were about to leave the club just now but why he looks so gloomy minutes later? I ignored my inner thought as I was so tired and Thank God a few minutes later a taxi came and we got on it. Taehyung was still silent as he leaned on the window.

“Maybe I ask him later,” I whispered inside me and leaned against the window opposite from Taehyung.

We got off a few block away from my house and ran towards our house, almost like thieves, afraid people will recognize us. We climbed the tree again and pushed the window, entering our room as quiet as possible. We successfully arrived home without being caught. I lied on the bed and can finally breathe properly. I turned to my left and saw Taehyung already lying on his bed and pulled the blanket. I changed my clothes to my usual pyjamas and went to Taehyung, only to see he’s steady breathing indicating he’s already asleep. I sighed and ignored him.

“Let’s just hope omma didn’t come knocking on our door the next morning.” I said more to myself and lied on the bed. Few minutes later both were lost in their dreamland.

 

The next morning

Jimin POV

The sun shone directly on my face, making me squinting my eyes as I stretched myself and yawned out loud.

“Yah! Get up sleepy head,” I turned to my left and saw Taehyung already awake and made his bed. I saw his wet hair and walked towards my chair, taking my towel with me and head to the bathroom. After shower both of us went downstairs and sat properly around my parents.

“Wow~ you awake, Jiminie,” my mom said as she smiles so broad at me.

“what do you mean,omma?” I said and took a big scoop of rice inside my mouth.

“Well, its weekend. Aren’t you only awake at noon usually dear?” my dad said as he smiled and fold the newspaper in his hands.

“are you planning to head out after this boys?” my mom said and looked at both of us. I looked up and turned my head towards Taehyung. He was ignoring my mom question so I cleared my throat, hoping he will help me but I was wrong. He cant read my mind.

“A-anniyo omma,” I said and continue munching on my food.

“Really? If you want, you both can go out today,”

I snap my head upwards to my mom with surprising look on my face. My face said it all as my mother continued,

“Yes, of course. Taehyung might want to look around. Don’t you Tae dear?” she said and smiled to Taehyung.

“Hmm, I like that,” Taehyung said and smiled to my mom. I looked at him and got more confuse as he doesn’t sound that excited at all.

“Omma, can you give me some money too?”

She turned to my father and signaled him to give me some money. My father sighed and took out couple of 50,000 won and hand them to me.

“Yes!”

“Use it wisely, okay my son,” my dad said and smiled sarcastically at me.

“Ney, appa,” 

We both head to our room and I was so excited as I started to humming to some songs while get through my closet, trying to find what I should wear. I smiled as I picked my sleeveless white shirt and denim jacket to top on, with cropped knee jeans. I was about to take my clothes off when I saw Taehyung lied on his bed looking at his phone.

“Yah! Aren’t you gonna change?” I said and saw he got up from his bed and picked something from his closet. I don’t know what got into him but I planned to hear it once we out from our house.

 

Taehyung POV

From: unknown number

V, it’s Suga hyung. We need to talk. Come to my house.

No 7, Emerald street. Don’t worry Rap mon not home now.

I rolled my eyes as I saw the text from Suga hyung as I woke up this morning. I don’t feel like meeting again after last night, though Rap mon hyung is not around. I sighed and ignored the text, taking my towel and head for a morning shower. I ignore Jimin this morning as I still thinking about Suga hyung’s text. It might be a simple ‘we need to talk’ but I don’t think im ready to face him after what happen.

“Yes, of course. Taehyung might want to look around. Don’t you Tae dear?”

“Hmm, I like that,”

Even I don’t clearly understand what my aunt was talking about but I just bluntly replied her, with a small smile on my face. I walked to our shared room, notice that Jimin was busy picking his outfit when he asked me whether im going to change or not. I walked aimlessly towards my closet and picked whatever I saw in front of me.

“Omma! We’re going!” he shouted excitedly and waved to his parents with me walking behind him.

“Have fun boys! But not too much,” my aunt said and smiled sweetly towards us. I bowed and followed Jimin to the bus stop when then I bummed into him as he stop walking. He turned and eyed me sharply with his small eyes, crossing his arms in front of him.

“Are you going to tell me or not?”

I furrowed my eyebrows and eyed him, confusedly.

“Huh?”

He sighed and waited for me to spill the beans. I bit my lower lip and shook my head.

“Its nothing. Really,”

“don’t lie Kim Taehyung. We might not be close like we used to, but I still know you man,” he said with his concern tone and I knew he wasn’t kidding.

“I- I saw someone last night. Someone I wished I never saw again,” I said and looked at him.

“Who?”

 

Flashback

3 years ago

It’s only been a year since we last moved here from Seoul but it felt like eternity since I barely made any friends due to the language barrier and I am being an introvert myself. Well, I am one happy-go-lucky kids but being away in a foreign land, with family problem wasn’t making me any cheerier.

I was on my way home when then I saw a group of kids on the alley, sitting, laughing and puffing out cigarettes I believe as I saw smoke filled the air. I only have a glanced when then someone walked past me and hit me hard on my shoulder.

“Move away kiddo,” a boy I believe in high school said and pushed me till I hit the floor. Afraid of being beaten up I looked down, never dare to look at their faces as one by one walked past me, not forgetting to kick me on their way but suddenly one boy picked up my bag and another boy hold me by my arms.

“Thank you,” I said and bowed my head as I got up thanks to the boy who held my arm. That’s when I saw both boys’ faces. I was stunned as they both don’t looked American to me.

“Go home kid,”

“And try not to take this road again,”

They both said in Korean. I smiled and bowed my head, taking my bag. They both smiled but what mesmerized me more was the boy dimples as he smiled and ruffled my hair before disappear with his friend.

“Thanks hyung,” I mumbled by myself and hope to see them both again.

 

The next few days I was taking the same route home, well actually I’ve been doing it everyday since that day I saw them. If you ask me why I am doing it, it was because I finally have found friends I can relate to. No one in my class and school want to have a conversation with me as I can barely hold just ‘one-question-one-answer’ usually. I pecked to the alley but saw nothing but an empty alley. With disappointment I walked and about to leave the alley when then I saw from a far both boys running towards me. I was stunned and about to avoid them when one of them holds my hand and the next thing I knew I was running with them.

“H-Hyung,” I said out of conscious and looked up at the boy. He was smiling and there it is.

The cute dimple.

End of flashback

 

“So, you saw this sugar boy again? Is that the dimple boy?” Jimin asked as we sat side by side in the bus. I shook my head and smiled at him.

“It’s Suga, withour R. And no, he’s not the dimple boy.”

“Does dimple boy have name?” Jimin asked me as he looked so interested in my story.

“Its Rap Monster,” I said and looked at Jimin as he was about to erupt in huge laughter and its coming. He was laughing out so loud that he need to stoop low and hold his stomach.

“Haaaaaa..haaa..Ok, now that’s a great name for a rapper,” he said and put his hand around me.

“So tell me, why don’t you wanna see your hyung anymore?”

“Let just say we have not so nice memories together,” I said and then my phone vibrate again. I sighed when I saw a text from Suga.

 

From: Suga Hyung

Hey V, are you on your way here?

Bad idea. RM here.

 

“V? What’s that?” Jimin asked and looked at me. I hit his head with my phone and put it inside my pocket.

“None of your business,” I said and leaned against the window.

“Yah! it hurt silly,”

We spent that day in a mall, walking around, have a nice lunch and watch a horror movie.

“Man, I hate the movie, why are we even watching those?” Jimin whined as he hugged the big unfinished popcorn as we walked outside to sit by the fountain. I chuckled and shook my head.

“Well, you are the one insist we watch that crappy movie instead of ‘Johnny English’,” I said and took some popcorn from him.

“I was waiting for that movie for sooooooooo long but,” Jimin was faking crying when then suddenly he stopped.

“Kookie-ya!” he shouted as he stood up. I looked at him and at the person he was waving his hands to. From a far I can see Jungkook in his oversize white shirt and black tight pants in converse shoes, with snapback. He smiled and jogged to us, bowing his head in process.

“Are you here alone?” I asked and look at him.

“He worked part time in the bowling centre,” Jimin answered me instead of Jungkook.

“Yeah hyung. You both here alone?” he said.

“Yes we do, right honey?” I answered in baby tone , pouting my lips and leaning against Jimin with hands wrapped around his waist.

“Yah!” Jimin was obviously annoyed as he tried to push me away but only to earn giggling and laughing from Jungkook as he watched us.

“Have fun hyung, I need to go now,” Jungkook bowed and walked away from us. Jimin waved and shouted bye to him with those sheepish helplessly in love smiles on his face. I make puking face and shook my head.

“No wonder you are taking me out today huh?” I said and crossed my arms.

“Y-yah! T-that is no-not the reason, okay?” he warned me with his cuties finger pointing at me. I pretend to bite his fingers and laughed out.

“Yeah, right Jimin.” I said and walked away.

 

Jimin POV

“Tae, remember last night when we out to the club?”

Tae nodded.

“So, you said you gonna help me with Jungkookie right? How so?”

Taehyung stopped and turned facing me.

“First, you need to change,”

“Change? Change how?”

“Well, how much money left in your wallet?”

“Just 30,000 won,”

“Erm,that’s more than enough. Lets go!”

“Where?” I shouted as Taehyung pulled me to one of the salon.

 

Taehyung POV

“Mom is so gonna kill me,” I laughed as I saw Jimin in pinkish hair.

“You look like cotton candy, I feel like I wanna eat you up,” I said and pretend to bite his head.

“Not only mom killed me,I am so gonna get kicked out from the school, you head!” Jimin shouted in front of the mirror, about to go hysterical, and gaining more attention from people around us.

“Hey-hey hey Jimin. Jimin.Jimin. Calm.Down,” I said and caress his shoulder in calming way.

“In.Out,” I instructed him as if I demonstrate on how to breathe to delivery woman.

“Hands off. I know how to breathe,” he said with tears staining his cheeks. He wiped and I cant help but adored him because Jimin definitely looked softer and cuter with that hair.

“Well, to get Jungkook attention, we need to see his preferences.”

“Huh?”

“Well, you in pink hair is cute, adorable, judging from Jungkook I think he prefers cute over handsome type of boy.”

“How do you know he even like boy?” Jimin spoke and wiped his tears harshly.

“That is why we need to do this,” I said and puffing up his hair even more.

“Consider this as our lil’ experiment, okay cousin?” I said and winked at him through the mirror.

 

A/N: Hello Army!!!!!! Sorry....it took me a while to update this story....so, been working on another fic now, "Stay With Me"...Kindly check that Fic as well.. Been struggling to update as sometimes my attention diverted to another storyline....huh~ writer block but the worst was when i have too many stories in my head now...waiting to be written...hopefully i can write all of them... for you guys~ 

love ya~ Do comments and subs, and upvote! Borahae~~~~~~~