Stage 3: Getting Closer { I }

The Stages of Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAEHYUN'S POV

I'm currently inside the bus with my team mates, being lectured by the coach about some strategies we could use against the opposing team. I was pretty nervous today, is it because Eunmi's going to be there? I smiled as I looked back at the hug we shared the other day. We've been getting closer since that day. Me and Youngjae would purposely sit near Eunmi and her friends during lunch so I could sneak some smiles and secret messages to her once in a while. In class, I would sometimes admire her back figure as she listen to the lectures. I guess I'm starting to get infatuated? I shook my head to rub off the smile on my face.

"Hey uhh Taemin, May I borrow your phone for a while?" I poked my co-captain's side. He's Eunmi's cousin so, there's obviously a 100% chance that he has Eunmi's number right?

Taemin nodded his head, handing me his phone before going back to his nap. I scrolled through his contacts and copied her number to my phone. I carefully slid Taemin's phone back to his pocket before typing a message to Eunmi.

To: Lee Eunmi ❤

Hey, I'm currently in the bus with my team. You're coming to watch right?

-Daehyun

I smiled and in an instant, she replied

From: Lee Eunmi ❤

Yeah! I'm watching I'm on my way there, too ^^ how did you get my number, by the way?

To: Lee Eunmi ❤

It's a secret. Jung Daehyun has his ways ;)

From: Lee Eunmi ❤

Pfft, okay then. You should get some rest, I'll see you there! Good Luck, Daehyun!! ❤ 

To: Lee Eunmi ❤

Alright, I'll see you there. Stay safe, Eunmi :)

EUNMI'S POV

I giggled at his messages and leaned my head back on the car seat. My smile's so wide, my cheeks are starting to hurt.

"What are you smiling about, Miss?" Our family driver, Mr. Yoon said. He's been with us ever since my mom was in his 20s so, he's pretty much family.

"Perhaps it's a boy you're meeting today, Eunmi?" He gave me a fatherly smile, looking at me through the rear view mirror. I gave him a nod, covering my mouth with my phone.

"Yes, Mr. Yoon! I'm going to watch his soccer game and he promised to take me out for lunch. So, I guess I'll just call you later when I'm done?" Mr. Yoon nodded with a smile before parking the car in front of a soccer field.

"We're here, Miss. Enjoy you're date today and as always, you look beautiful." I smiled at his remark and thanked him before going out of the car. I bid him goodbye then entered the field with butterflies in my stomach and a thumping heart. Will this day be the best day of my life?

DAEHYUN'S POV

We arrived at the empty field and the first thing I did was look around for Eunmi but unfortunately she wasn't there yet. I guess I'll just have to warm up then. I layed out all my stuff on the bench, prepared everything I needed for the game before calling my team to start our warm ups. Though we were busy warming up, my eyes were busy looking for Eunmi.

It was almost the start of the game and still, she wasn't there. I sighed, I guess she's going to come late?

"Hey look! It's Eunmi!" Youngjae elbowed me and looked at me with a smirk. I looked towards the entrance of the field and there she was, looking stunning as ever. She looked at me with a dashing smile and of course, I returned the favor and smiled at her. I gave her a small wave before walking up to her, meeting her halfway.

"You made it" I said, sounding a bit relieved

"Yeah, I was kinda stuck in traffic for a while, sorry." She pursed her lips together, showing her cute dimples before smiling.

"Well, the game's about to start. You should take a seat. Sit somewhere I could see you, okay?" I chuckled, ruffling her hair a bit.

She scrunched up her nose and nodded as she fixed her hair. I pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter