Part 2 (Final)

Baby Box

 

5 Months later…….

 

Jongdae had been sitting on the couch in the living room watching random shows on TV. It was a rare day off for all of the members, so majority of them were walking around the city, leaving Jongdae in semi-silence. Semi, because someone just started screeching from the bathroom, scaring the living daylights out of him and the few others in the dorm. “WHAT THE WAS THAT?!” Sehun’s voice rang out from his room down the hall. Jongdae was waiting for the leader (and his boyfriend) to come running down the hall to find out what the high pitched noise was, but it didn’t happen. “WHO DIED?!” Ah. Perfect timing. He saw the frazzled leader emerge from the hallway giving a look to Jongdae that he swore said “who-did-kyungsoo-nut-punch-this-time” but he could be wrong. “I have no clue; it scared me just as much as it did you.” “Where did the noise come from, and who else is home?” Jongdae furrowed his brows in concentration, trying to remember who was where. “Umm it sounded like the bathroom, and I think it’s you, me, Sehun, Jongin……one more person, who is here?” Jongdae tapped his chin in thought. “Ah! Yixing!” Both Junmyeon and Jongdae took off running toward the bathroom now. The members had a habit of being noisy and screechy (a.k.a. Baekhyun at night) but Yixing was one of the quieter ones. If he made that noise, something has to be seriously wrong. Junmyeon knocked on the bathroom door in haste. “Yixing, is that you in there? What happened? Do I need to call an ambulance? Are you bleeding? Are you-“ “Hyung, shut up and let him answer!” Jongdae nudged his boyfriend in the ribs, interrupting him. The bathroom door suddenly swung open, revealing a smiling Yixing. “Lookie lookie!! Look what I found in the trash!” The couple took a look at the stick Yixing was waving about. Finally, they saw it clearly and took a cautious step back. “Yixing hyung, I love you and all, but PLEASE put that pee stick down! Did you seriously go through the trash to pick up a stick with pee all over it? What is wrong with you?!” It was Junmyeon’s turn to nudge his boyfriend in the ribs, “Dae!” “What?!” Yixing didn’t pay them any mind. “No, it was sitting right on top, so I picked it up. It has a lid over the pee part Jongdae, stop being squeamish.” Junmyeon took this chance to interrupt with his own question. “Yixing, do you even know whose it is? What does it even say?” He took a small step forward, curious about the answer. “It’s positive! That’s why I screamed! Someone is pregnant! I bet its Baekhyun’s, right? It has to be since him and Chanyeol have been trying to get pregnant every night for the past few months.” “I guess we’ll find out when they get back….”

 

 


=====================================================================

 

 

“So Baekhyun, do you have any news you want to share with us?” Junmyeon spoke up during dinner later that evening. Baekhyun scrunched his face in thought. “Uh, no?” Junmyeon tilted his head in confusion. “Nothing? Not even a little something?” Baekhyun scrunched his face again. “Oh yeah! Today I found out that my parents thought my dog got out, but when they were going crazy looking all over the house, they found him sleeping all curled up behind the couch.”
…..
……

“Oh. That’s- that’s nice” Junmyeon replied in the most polite tone he could muster. “Oh my god Baek, aren’t you going to tell us about how you found out you’re pregnant?” Jongdae could never keep his mouth shut… Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyebrows shot up in alarm. “What?! You’re pregnant, and you didn’t tell me?!” Chanyeol practically yelled at Baekhyun from his spot next to him. “I didn’t know I was pregnant!”  “How do you not know? Yixing hyung found the test in the bathroom garbage can!” Baekhyun looked totally lost now. “What test? I didn’t take a test today. The last test I took was last week, but I decided not to waste so many of them when I didn’t even feel any symptoms. I’m not pregnant.” Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a pleading look, hoping he believed him. Now Chanyeol, Junmyeon, Yixing, and Jongdae looked totally confused. “Then who’s….?” Everyone started looking around the table, hoping for some answers. They were about to get one. A tiny voice barely above a whisper spoke up from the other side of the table. “It’s mine.” The members turned their heads so fast that anyone looking in would be worried they were going to break their necks. There, at the end of the table, they found a member looking down at his sleeved-covered hands in a mix of nerves and embarrassment. “No. Oh no. No no no no….” Junmyeon could feel the panic start to rise within him. The small member looked right at him as he spoke. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying. I didn’t mean- I- I’m sorry. I was going to talk to you and Jongin about it first, but I didn’t think Yixing hyung would find the test. I thought I hid it well enough. I’m sorry. I’m sorry Baekhyun. I know you’ve been trying and haven’t been able to conceive yet, and here I am, getting knocked up on accident. I’m sorry.” Tears welled up in Kyungsoo’s eyes as he rambled on. “Kyungsoo, don’t you dare apologize for getting pregnant. Having a baby is a beautiful thing. I’m not angry or bitter about not getting pregnant yet. I know it takes time. Don’t worry about me.” Baekhyun stood up from his spot to walk over to the now trembling Kyungsoo and wrapped his arms around him in a side hug. “Jongin?” Kyungsoo looked at his lover in worry and fear as he gripped Baekhyun’s arms that were close to his neck. He didn’t know how his boyfriend would react to the news of an accidental pregnancy. So far, it didn’t look like he was taking it well as he sat still frozen in his seat. “Jongin, snap out of it.” Sehun took the liberty of punching his fellow maknae in the arm to get him out of his stupor. Jongin finally started blinking rapidly as he absorbed what just happened. “Kyungsoo hyung…you’re….you’re pregnant?” Sehun slapped Jongin on the back of his head “No , he just said he is.” Jongin just rubbed his head as he stared at his little lover. “I’m really going to be a father?” Kyungsoo let the tears go. “Yes.” Jongin got up and yanked Kyungsoo up from his seat as he picked him up off the floor in a giant hug, careful not to put too much pressure on his still flat stomach. “I’M GOING TO BE A DAD!”

 


=====================================================================

 

 

5 Months after that….
 

“Do Kyungsoo?” “Here” Kyungsoo stood up from his seat in the doctor’s waiting room. He was here for a check-up on him and the baby. Instead of bringing Jongin along, he dragged Baekhyun out of the house with him because the younger started moping around everywhere because he still hadn’t gotten pregnant yet. Kyungsoo thought it would be good for him to both get out and to hear his baby’s heartbeat. He was hoping he’d come up with something inspiring to tell him after the appointment, but words always did fail him. “It’s good to see you again, Kyungsoo-sshi. Your boyfriend isn’t with you this time?” The doctor assigned to his case smiled down at him as he led him to an exam room. “No, I decided to drag my friend along with me this time. He’s trying to get pregnant himself, actually.” The doctor’s eyes shot over to the other petite male. “That’s wonderful! Don’t worry if it takes a long time though. I find if you try too hard, it doesn’t happen, but when you stop trying and just enjoy the , you get pregnant a lot easier. Take Kyungsoo here for example.” The doctor chuckled at his joke before continuing. “My wife was the same way. We would try every night to make it happen, and nothing came of it. But then we decided to be more spontaneous. Worked like a charm.” The doctor winked before gesturing them through an open door. Baekhyun kind of wanted to strangle him. “Alrighty then, let’s take your measurements first Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo lifted up his shirt, already catching on to the routine. He had to have monthly appointments because he was male, making his pregnancy a high risk one.
Baekhyun watched silently from his chair against the wall. He hadn’t seen his friends’ bump yet since he never lifted his shirt for anyone except Jongin behind closed doors. From his seat though, he could see that his baby bump was obvious now, and he wondered how Kyungsoo could even hide a bump as big as that under his clothes. As the doctor continued doing his exams, Baekhyun could feel the need to throw up. He didn’t know if it was because of envy, or because of his fear of doctors. Either way, he needed to throw up, and he needed to throw up NOW. Spotting a trash can near the sink on the other side of the exam table, he ran over to it to let the bile out of his stomach. “You okay Baek?” Kyungsoo’s voice sounded behind him. Baekhyun wasn’t quite done yet, so all he could do was lift a finger as a signal to wait. After heaving his guts out, he moved to the sink to rinse out his mouth before turning to look at the doctor and Kyungsoo. “I’m fine. Sort of.”
“How long have you been throwing up…Baekhyun, was it?” Baekhyun nodded his head. “First time.” The doctor studied him for a bit before standing and gesturing for Baekhyun to sit on the exam table next to Kyungsoo. “Have you felt dizzy at all? Or exhausted?” Baekhyun let out a scoff. “I’m always exhausted. It comes with the job. As for dizziness, for the past few days, but I think that’s just because I’m so tired.” The doctor nodded his head a bit as he listened. “Okay, I want to take a blood test. I just want to make sure your body isn’t shutting down from overexertion. I’ll be right back with a nurse.” After the doctor disappeared out the door and down the hall, Kyungsoo spoke up. “Baekhyun, why didn’t you say anything about the dizziness before? You could have gone to urgent care and gotten an IV drip or something.” Baekhyun shook his head. “You know I’m scared of doctors. I’m barely hanging on with this one, but that’s just cause they handle babies.” Kyungsoo opened his mouth to retort when the doctor returned with a nurse as promised. “Roll up your sleeves for me.” The nurse spoke monotonously to the younger male as she readied the needle and vial. After she left, the doctor turned to Kyungsoo. “How bout we do an ultrasound as we wait for his results?” Kyungsoo nodded and gestured Baekhyun to move his off his exam table so he could lie down. After a few minutes had ticked by, a weird pulsing sound filled Baekhyun’s ears. He knew that sound. He heard it in lots of movies and dramas. He just didn’t realize that’s what it sounded like in real life. Suddenly he heard Kyungsoo sniffle. “Are you crying?!” He asked his friend incredulously. Do Kyungsoo NEVER cried. (At least in front of people) “Shut up Byun, you are too!” Baekhyun touched his face. Oh. He was crying. When did that happen? The doctor laughed and moved out of the way of the screen in front of him so Baekhyun could see from his seat. “This here is his baby.” He looked to the black and white blob, and sure enough, he could make out a tiny head. “Sir, Byun Baekhyun’s blood results.” The nurse from earlier appeared in the doorway holding some papers. “Ah, one moment.” The doctor hit a few buttons that made the picture of the baby stay on the screen as he pulled the wand away from Kyungsoo’s abdomen. Baekhyun ignored the doctor in favor of staring at the little baby on the screen. A real, live baby was inside of Kyungsoo. Weird. Both of them were still crying. Even weirder. “-hyun” Baekhyun snapped out of his revere and looked up at the doctor standing in front of him. “Huh?” He heard Kyungsoo laugh from behind the doctor. “You’re three months pregnant Baek!” “I’m-who?” Baekhyun scrunched his face in confusion as he looked at Kyungsoo who had spoken up in place of the doctor. “Byun Baekhyun, the doctor just said you’re three months pregnant, and you didn’t even hear him!”
........
……… “I’M PREGNANT?!” Baekhyun shot up from his seat. “OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENEING OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD” Both the doctor and Kyungsoo started laughing.

 

 

=====================================================================

 

 


Later that Day…

 

After Kyungsoo’s doctor appointment, both boys deemed they deserved a little shopping trip. They were on a mission this time though; A mission to find the perfect gift to give the new daddy to tell him the big news. In the end, the chose a teddy bear that was holding a felt picture frame in its hands. As soon as they got home, Baekhyun printed out a “Congratulations, you’re going to be a dad” sign to put in the bear. He was going to give it to Chanyeol after dinner. Currently, they were about to sit down to eat. “Hey Baek hyung, I heard you got to see my baby today.” Jongin piped up with a -eating grin on his face. “Isn’t it adorable?” Baekhyun laughed a little. “Jongin, I saw a tiny blob…..of course it was adorable, did you SEE how tiny the blob is?” The rest of the members gave them weird looks. “At least he stopped mopping.” Junmyeon muttered under his breath. “I heard that, old man” Baekhyun sassed. “I’m not an old man!” “You act like one!” “I don’t act like an old man! Ask Jongdae!” silence. “YAH, KIM JONGDAE, TELL THEM I DON’T ACT LIKE AN OLD MAN!” Jongdae just looked directly into Junmyeon’s eyes before responding. “I would. But then I’d be lying.” The whole table erupted into laughter. “That’s not what you were screaming last night.” Junmyeon shot out before going back to his food. The whole table started wolf-whistling at Jongdae, who at least had the decency to blush and apologize to his boyfriend.

“Hey, Chanyeol I wanted to talk to you about what happened today.” Baekhyun caught Chanyeol before the taller disappeared down the hall to join the others. “Why, did something happen?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in concern. “No. Well, yes, but not anything bad.” Chanyeol waited for him to continue. “I threw up in the doctor’s office while he was examining Kyungsoo. He took a blood test for me.” “Are you okay? Did they find something?” Chanyeol seemed to start getting panicky, so Baekhyun decided to get to the point before his giant boyfriend started hyperventilating. “Here” Baekhyun handed over the teddy bear. Chanyeol just looked down at it in confusion before the words settled in. “did you get this for Jongin?” Baekhyun mentally face palmed. “No.” Chanyeol looked back and forth between the doll and Baekhyun a few times before it finally clicked. “Are you pregnant?” Baekhyun just nodded his head. “OH MY GOD BAEKHYUN, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!” Chanyeol scooped his tiny boyfriend up in his arms and twirled them around while Baekhyun squealed. “We’re going to be parents, Baekhyun!!” “We need to tell the others and our parents. Who should we tell first?” Chanyeol set Baekhyun down gently on his feet before answering. “I think we should tell the members first since we live with them.” Baekhyun nodded. “Agreed.” “Let’s go then!” 

Needless to say, the dorm got even more noisy as usual with excitement. “Is there something in the water? Everyone is getting pregnant!” Sehun grumbled. “If it is, Jongdae for the love of all things Star Wars, do NOT drink the water!” Junmyeon joked, earning him a punch to the gut from his lover. After everyone calmed down and separated into doing their own things, the newly expecting couple headed to their shared bedroom. Baekhyun pulled out his baby box, opened the lid and whispered to himself “I’m going to have a baby…..”