Part 1

Baby Box

 

 

“I might need to get another box soon.”
“No, you don’t need another box.”
“But Yeol, what if I get more stuff to put in here? I need to be prepared, so I might as well start a new box. Nothing else will really fit in here. Unless it’s socks or a bib I can roll up…ooh! What about a pacifier? That’d fit.”
Chanyeol gaped at his boyfriend. “Baek…Don’t you think you should be waiting until you’re pregnant before you actually start buying baby clothes?”
Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I didn’t buy any of this, Yeol. It was mostly given to me by my mom.” Chanyeol looked at his smaller partner in confusion. “Why would your mom gift you with baby clothes before you’re even pregnant?” Baekhyun huffed slightly under his breath before turning to face his gentle giant boyfriend of five years. “I told you this story Yeollie. It started with only these four things…” He gestured to a onesie, a sweater, pants, and a toy/blanket in the shape of a puppy before continuing. “Because tiny Byun had an allergic reaction to polyester, and she didn’t want to take any chances, so she took these out of the box of gifts she was gonna send to my sister. She didn’t want to get rid of them because they were too cute, and she saw how much I enjoyed them, so she told me to keep them for my firstborn.”

Tiny Byun was the nickname Baekhyun came up with for his nephew. Of course his nephew’s last name wasn’t Byun, but Baekhyun didn’t particularly like his brother-in-law, so he preferred to childishly refer to his nephew as a “Byun” instead of a “Kim.” According to Baekhyun, his brother-in-law deserves it for calling him a “pretty girl” when he first met him. (Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun holds too many grudges)

 “So where did you get the rest of this stuff?” Chanyeol asked as he moved forward to gesture to the other clothes and diapers lining the box. He didn’t even want to ask about those two pink photo frames… “Well you know how many fans Taeyeon has, and a lot of them already have kids, so they gave her boxes and bags full of baby clothes for her to pick clothes from before they got rid of them, and out of the clothes she kept, there were a few that she later decided to get rid of, and they somehow ended up at my mom’s place when they moved, so my mom gave some of the clothes to me for my box. As for the diapers, tiny Byun grew out of them and there was only a few left, so in the box they go.” Baekhyun nodded in triumph as he patted the box in fondness.
“So why would you get more baby stuff to put in the box? It sounds like whatever was there for your mom to collect is already in here, so why start a new box when you don’t need one?”
“Just in case my mom finds more stuff. Or if I find some more cute stuff I want for my future children to have.” Chanyeol didn’t even know how he should be reacting to this. “Baek….I understand having a few stuff saved since you have a nephew now, but should you really be collecting boxes full?”
He might’ve been a little concerned about his tiny lover. Not that he’d admit it.  Baekhyun sighed in defeat. “It’s not like I have a huge box Yeol. It’s just a gift box. And I promise I won’t purposely go looking for stuff to collect.” They both stood there for a moment, looking at each other, wondering what the other would do next.
……….
……….
“Do you want to have a baby?”
Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “What?”
“Do you want to have a baby?”
“Of course I do Chanyeol! What kind of question is that?” Chanyeol shook his head “No, not like that. I’m asking if you want to have a baby now.” Baekhyun took a moment to process the question. Of course both of them wanted to have a baby. They planned to have at least three of them. But these were future plans. They had agreed on waiting until EXO had another year hiatus to start their family so that it wouldn’t be easily detected by fans, and so they wouldn’t be the cause of halting any EXO related activities. They loved their careers, and they loved their fans. They couldn’t disappoint them and the members. “Baek, answer my question.” Chanyeol looked at him in concern. “I-I….” the giant walked closer to Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him flush against him. “Don’t think too hard about it. There’s no pressure, it’s just a question. Do you, or do you not want to have a baby right now?” Baekhyun released a breath he didn’t realize he had been holding before he started tearing up. “I-I can’t wait any more Yeol. It hurts. I long to have children and seeing my sister and her husband having a family even while she’s promoting with Girls’ Generation is pure torture because I want that. I want that so bad that every time I hold tiny Byun, I contemplate how long it’d be before Taeyeon realizes that I had kidnapped her child, just to remember that she knows where I live and how to bribe Junmyeon hyung into letting her into the dorms.” Chanyeol started chuckling at his cute little lover. “Baekhyun, why didn’t you say anything? You know I would’ve done anything to make your wishes come true.” Chanyeol felt Baekhyun’s hold on him get tighter. “I’m scared of hurting the fans again. I’m afraid that the members will hate us because we’d add salt into their wounds from losing three members. I’m afraid people will hate us because I’m not female. I’m afraid people will hate Taeyeon just because she’s my sister. I’m afraid people will hate tiny Byun and our child all because of me. I’m utterly terrified Yeol.” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun lovingly on top of his head before whispering against the silky locks. “I love you Baekhyun. I love the way you worry about everyone else before you worry about yourself. But sometimes you get to be a little selfish. And if it scares you that much, then why don’t we talk to the members about it first to see how they’d feel about it. Then we could talk to the fans and ask them. As for people hating Taeyeon…well, she’s Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon. People hate her just because. Every idol has anti’s………Not to mention people hate her because they still think you dated her.” Chanyeol started bursting with laughter at his own joke before he yelped in pain because Baekhyun had just punched him in the gut. “YOU STARTED OFF ROMANTIC BUT KILLED IT WITH THAT STUPID DATING SCANDAL!” Baekhyun huffed angrily before storming out of their bedroom.

 


 

“PLEASE have a baby! Oh my GOD Baek, if you DON’T get pregnant soon, I swear to god I will burn every single in this dorm. You are driving us insane with your baby fever!” Jongdae pleaded with the couple during their weekly “family meetings.” The couple decided to ask the other members’ opinions of the baby matter during this particular family meeting because Yixing was back in Korea. “HEY! They’re not the only couple in this dorm that requires condoms you jackass!” Jongin kicked Jongdae’s shin from across the couch. “You think it’s only you and Kyungsoo outside of Chanbaek over here?!” Jongdae jabbed a thumb in the breakfast couple’s direction. “I’d be jeopardizing myself too, you know!” All of the members looked at Jongdae in confusion. “What? Never seen a handsome face before?” Jongdae sneered. “No, no…what do you mean jeopardizing yourself?” Sehun piped up from his corner on the large couch.  “Dae, I don’t think your hand is going to get you pregnant…” Jongin shot out. “, I have a boyfriend too! Which all of you would have known by now if you weren’t too busy each other’s faces off!”
“Not all of us have boyfriends living in the dorms anymore, you know.” Minseok muttered bitterly.
“Then do you know who I’m dating?” Jongdae challenged.
After a beat of silence, Jongdae grinned in triumph. “That’s what I thought.”
“Jongdae, I think Chanyeol and Baekhyun still have things they want to ask, why don’t you let them continue on.” The leader spoke up in his leader-y voice, which made Jongdae look at least a little sheepish. This didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of the members in the dorm. “OH. MY. ING. GOD. YOU AND JUNMYEON HYUNG?!?!?!?!” The entire dorm erupted into shouting and cheering so loud that no one could actually hear what anyone else was saying.
“Guys?” …… “Uhh…..guys?” …………. “GUYS?!” Finally the member’s attentions’ were caught. “Clearly none of you were smart enough to figure out Suchen couple over here, but we were asked a question by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. We at least owe it to them to answer before we start acting like barbarians.” Yixing spoke up, shocking the entire room. “Baekhyunnie, you and Chanyeollie would make wonderful parents, and clearly you want children badly, so you should do what’s best for you. We won’t hold a grudge. In fact, we’d be happy about it. At least I would be. I think your kids would be adorable. Plus you’d be making us proud uncles!” Yixing smiled widely. Chanyeol glanced down at his little lover only to notice the tear streaks on his cheeks. “Baek?” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s chin and moved it so Baekhyun would be looking up at him. “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun sniffled a bit before answering. “I’m just happy.”