U-Z

Namjoon's ABC's of love

U is for umma

 

The first time Namjoon had met her parents he had been beyond nervous. Before he left her apartment, he had managed to break the handle on the bathroom door and a vase. He had spent double the amount of time he normally used getting ready. Trying on outfit after outfit to find one that he thought his (hopefully) future mother and father in law would like.

 

She finally picked out a shirt from the discarded pile of clothes on her bed and handed it to him. “Namjoon, don’t be so nervous. You’ve spoken to my mum on the phone before, she already loves you. You could turn up in sweats and a hoodie and she wouldn’t care.” She said as she adjusted his collar. He let out a deep breath. “But what if they don’t like me?” he said nervously.

 

She smiled up at him, “Just be yourself. I’m sure they’ll love you as much as I do.” She said before giving him a peck. “Just don’t bring up football in front of my dad and you’ll be fine. Oh and try not to break anything. They just finished redecorating.” She said with a chuckle as she left the room, leaving a panicking Namjoon behind.

 

 

V is for violin

 

He loves listening to her playing violin. Especially when he’s stressed out. He could listen to her playing for hours without ever getting bored. She always complains that she’s not good as she hasn’t played in years, but to him she’s perfect. She always knows when he’s stressed out and plays for him (even if the neighbours don’t always appreciate her efforts).

 

She’s tried to teach him a few times. He can do a few notes, but he says he prefers to listen to her play than to play himself. The way her eyes close as she gets lost in the music, the way her fingers and hands move so effortlessly as if the violin was an extension of herself. Those are the times when he loves her the most.

 

 

W is for whistle

 

“Just purse your lips like this. Then blow.” She said as whistled loudly before laughing at the look of concentration on Namjoon's face. He copied her actions but only air came out of his mouth. He frowned as she snorted at his attempt. “Are you sure you’re teaching me right? Aren’t you just messing with me?” he accused as he nudged her playfully. “Would I do that?” she said with an innocent look. Namjoon nodded. “Definitely.” She pretended to be shocked, her hand covering .

 

“I can’t believe you would think of me like that! I’m heartbroken!” she said, striking a dramatic pose before laughing. “I still don’t know how you can’t whistle. I thought everyone could whistle.” She teased, earning her another nudge. “Shut up.” He said as he once again followed her instructions.

 

After several more failed attempts, and a lot of laughing on her part, he decided to give up. “Come on, try one more time.” she encouraged. She pursed her lips, ready to whistle when instead, Namjoon's lips pressed against hers. “I can think of something better to do with our mouths.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

 

 

X is for x-ray

 

Her clumsiness had struck again. She had been out with some friends when she had fallen down a set of stairs. Her friends had immediately rushed her to hospital, one of them using her phone to text Namjoon.

 

He had been in practice when the accident had occurred and he had left his phone in his bag. It wasn’t until almost two hours later that he checked his phone, his face turning pale as he read the short message. After spitting out a quick explanation to s and manager he had rushed out of the building, calling her as he ran.

 

He cursed when she didn’t answer. He quickly made his way to the hospital mentioned in the message, rushing through the door and up to the receptionist. He quickly gave her name and was directed through to her cubicle. Her two friends were still by her side as he pulled the curtain aside and saw her lying on the hospital bed. They all looked up in shock at his sudden entrance. “Namjoon! What are you doing here?” she asked, casting glances at her two friends.

 

“I only just got the message that you were hurt. Are you ok? What happened?” he asked as he moved to her side, looking her over for injuries. Her two friends slipped out of the cubicle, using the excuses of needing something to drink and needing the bathroom. “I’m ok but my foot is broken.” She said with a slight pout. Namjoon looked down and noticed the blanket covering her legs. He pulled it back to reveal her bandaged foot.

 

He looked up at her with a pained expression. “Why are you so clumsy? You need to be more careful. Do you know how worried I was when I heard you were in hospital?” he said as he took her hand into his. She lifted his hand to her lips and pressed a gentle kiss against his knuckles. “Sorry babe.” She whispered. He sighed loudly before pulling her into a bone crushing hug. “Babo.” He whispered as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

 

 

Y is for yoghurt

 

He knows that she loves yoghurts. Preferably strawberry, but she's not fussy. Whenever he has the chance, he likes to bring some home for her, or leave them for her in the morning when he has to leave early. He often attaches little notes to them telling her that he loves her or to have a good day.

 

What he doesn’t know, is that it’s not the yoghurt that she loves, it’s actually the notes and the thought that he puts into trying to brighten her day that she loves most.

 

 

Z is for zit

 

Namjoon knocked on the bathroom door with a sigh. “Babe, what’s taking so long?” he said, a slight whine to his voice. “I’ll be out soon.” She called from behind the door. Namjoon knocked on the door again, “Babe, not that I’m trying to rush you or anything but… I really need to pee.”

 

“Ok. One sec.” Namjoon frowned at the door as he heard cupboards being banged shut and her muttering to herself. He was just about to ask her what she was up to when the door opened, revealing her with her hand covering her chin. “Babe, what are you doing?” he asked as she skittered around him. “Nothing, go on with your business.” She called as she disappeared into the bedroom. He shook his head at her strange actions before going into the bathroom.

 

Once he was finished his business, he went into the bedroom, where she was sitting wearing a scarf which covered half her face. He raised an eyebrow at her, “Why are you wearing a scarf indoors? In summer?” he asked as he tried to pull the scarf down, earning him a slap to the hand. “Don’t mess with the scarf. I have a zit. Its gross.” She muttered. Namjoon rolled his eyes at her and chuckled. “You don’t need to be so dramatic for a zit.” He said as he once again tried to pull away her scarf.

 

“Namjoon~.” She whined as he pinned her against the bed, using her chin to try and keep the scarf high enough to cover her zit. “I don’t care if you have a zit or not, you’re beautiful to me no matter what.” He said as he kissed her forehead. “Thanks, but I’m still not taking off the scarf.” She said with a smile which only made Namjoon laugh along with her.