A-E

Namjoon's ABC's of love

A is for accidents

 

Namjoon may be known as the God of Destruction, but she is known as the Queen Klutz. Hardly a day goes by without her gaining some sort of injury. Usually its minor things, like walking into the coffee table or bumping into a door. But sometimes its things a little more serious.

 

Today was a perfect example. The two of them had been play fighting in the living room of the BTS dorm. Namjoon had somehow managed to accidentally knock over a lamp and in her attempt to get out of the way of the broken shards, she had twisted her ankle and fallen next to the broken glass.

 

Namjoon picked her up and moved her to the couch, forgetting about the glass shards behind him. He checked her over for injuries, making sure that she didn’t have any cuts from the glass. Once he was satisfied that her only injury was her ankle, he ran to the kitchen and got her some ice to reduce the swelling.

 

Jin returned home at that moment and sighed at the signs of destruction in the living room. He glared at Namjoon. Namjoon may be the leader of BTS, but he was still the oldest member. He smacked Namjoon upside the head and made him clean up the glass while he tended to her injured ankle. Namjoon grumbled the whole time while she could only chuckle at the situation.

 

 

B is for bicycle

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“No, seriously. Are you being serious?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Yes, Namjoon. I can’t ride a bike.” She said with a pout as she crossed her arms over her chest. “How have you lived to this age and never learned how to ride a bike?”

 

She glared at him, “Well excuse me for not learning. But we’re both aware of how clumsy I am. Do you really think me riding a bike would have been a wise choice?” Namjoon nodded at her reasoning. “Good point.” He left the matter at that. But he secretly formed a plan.

 

Two weeks later, when Namjoon finally had some free time, he invited her over to the dorm. He led her to the courtyard, covering her eyes with his hands. When he finally removed his hands, she saw a bike, complete with helmet and safety pads. She looked at him in shock. “Are you serious?” she asked, giving him a wary look.

 

He gave her a determined look. “It’ll be fine. Come on.” He helped her wear all of the safety gear and helped her adjust the height of the seat. She was surprised by how patient he was with her. He held her waist as he helped her keep her balance. It took the better half of the afternoon, but by the time the sunset, she was finally able to ride the bike.

 

Namjoon stood with his arms folded over his chest, a smug grin on his face as she cycled around the courtyard, a huge grin on her face. “Not a single injury! Jin owes me money.” He chuckled until he heard a loud yelp and she was in a pile with the bike. He sighed before running over to her. “Looks like I spoke too soon.

 

 

C is for camera

 

She loves taking photos. In particular, photos of him. He loves it when they’re together and she can take the photos for him for his Kim Daily updates. She’s artistic and inventive with how she takes each shot.

 

When her camera got stolen she had called him crying to tell him. He knew how much her camera meant to her. He soothed her and told her that it was just a camera and could easily be replaced, the important thing being that she was safe.

 

A few days later, he surprised her at her apartment. A box in his hands. She was confused at first. Her mind buzzing trying to recall if it was a special date that she had forgotten. Once he convinced that she hadn’t forgotten their anniversary or his birthday, she finally let him into her apartment. He gave her the box, telling her that Yoongi had helped him pick it out.

 

She opened the box and underneath lots of pink tissue paper (Which was apparently Jin’s idea) lay a new camera. She took it out with trembling fingers as she looked over the fancy machine. “Joonie this must have cost a fortune! I can’t accept this!” she said as she carefully put it back in the box. “Jagi, don’t worry about the cost. I know how much your camera meant to you, so I wanted to buy this for you. Yoongi hyung said its one of the best.”

 

She smiled up at him before wrapping her arms around his neck. “You’re too good to me, Namjoon.” She said with a smile as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

 

D is for dancing

 

She loves watching him dance. Although he receives a lot of teasing from his fellow BTS members (and the public) for his dancing, they all know that he puts in more effort than anyone to make sure he doesn’t disappoint or embarrass s.

 

She loves watching him practice, especially when he doesn’t know that she’s there and she can see the concentration on his face as he plans out the steps in his head before executing them. He may never be as good as Hoseok or Jimin, but in her eyes, he’s not just Rap Monster… he’s also Dance Monster.

 

 

E is for eavesdropping

 

He arrived at her apartment and let himself in. He knew he was early, but he hadn’t called her, hoping to surprise her by being early for a change. (He often ran late because of his hectic schedule).

 

He heard her talking from her bedroom but there was no other voice. He peeked around the door and saw her sitting on her bed, laptop balanced on her legs, phone against her ear. “Things are going really well with Namjoon. It’s a shame we often can’t meet because of his schedule, but I get it.”

 

Namjoon was shocked by her honest words. He had often thought about the fact that he had to sometimes postpone or outright cancel plans with her because of his schedule. More than once, a crazy fan had followed their van making it impossible for them to stop anywhere until the boy’s safety was guaranteed.

 

He continued to listen to her conversation from his place behind her bedroom door. His heart swelling as she praised him to whoever she was talking to. Once she finally hung up the phone she noticed him standing by the door. “Namjoon! You scared the hell out of me you big dork!” she said as she threw her pillow at him. He didn’t say anything as he approached her, before he pulled her into a tight hug, almost sending her laptop to the floor. “I love you.” He whispered next to her ear. She chuckled at his sudden display of affection as she wrapped her arms around his neck.