05- Atramentous

Book 1: Children of the Moon

05- Atramentous

 

There was a whirlwind of thoughts, feelings, emotions enrapturing her entire being. She was so high that everything that passes  was a blur to her and all she can do is smile like a maniac.

 

“What is wrong with her?” Sooyoung whispered as she entered the room and had quickly notice the creepy smile donning Yuri’s face.

 

“She’s been like that since I came in...” Tiffany whispered back. Sooyoung decided to tap Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“Hey, Kwon! Are you okay? What happened?”

 

“I found her.” Yuri answered, smile still plastered on her face.

 

“Found who?”

 

“My childhood friend!” She exclaimed and her two friends had looked at her, shocked evident on their faces.

 

“OMG WHERE?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Last night! She was so radiant, so breathtaking...” Yuri mumbled.

 

“How are you sure it’s her?” Sooyoung asked, a bit skeptic.

 

“She was singing that song she used to sing when she would visit me in the hospital!”

 

“The one you always hum?”

 

“Yes! That one. She sang it so beautifully.” She sighed before suddenly pouting, “I wasn’t able to ask for her number...”

 

“That’s too bad, Yul.” Sooyoung patted her back.

 

“I’m going to look for her…. I know her name! I’m going to go back to the place where I saw her last night. Maybe I’ll get to see her again!” She was excited; so thrilled about finally finding her childhood friend that logic just flew out the window. Her two friends looked at her, one with an amused expression while the other a worried one.

 

She had quickly left school after her last class and picked Seulgi up and had even invited Yeri to join them. She had figured that she wouldn’t look creepy if she had her sister and Yeri with her wandering about the place. She had told them that they’re going for ice cream and a relaxing walk at the park near the ice cream shop. She crosses her fingers and pray to the heaven’s above that she’ll see her childhood friend there.

 

A glimpse of blue and purple caught her attention and she had unabashedly turned to that side, the two younger ones following her cluelessly while their ice creams. She had quickened her pace until she spotted the girl again but it wasn’t the same one she saw last night. She was met with those familiar warm brown orbs that could tell her the secrets of the skies with one look and suddenly she’s drowning in them again. The flicker in her heart starting to shimmer and the flowers in there starting to blossom anew.

 

“Sica unnie!~” Seulgi called out, eyes turning into cute crescents. The two older ones stopped their staring in each other's gazes.

 

“Hi Seulgi~”

 

“Oh, so this is Sica unnie~ Hi, unnie, I’m Yeri!~” the youngest greeted, giving Jessica the cutest ‘squirtle’ smile she could muster. Jessica giggled and Yuri heard choir bells singing.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Yerimi~” Jessica pats the maknae’s head before glancing back at Yuri with a sweet smile. “What are you doing here?”

 

“O-oh. hahaha.” She laughed awkwardly as an answer.

 

“Unnie bought us ice cream!~” Seulgi answered, showing the snack in hers and Yeri’s hands.

“Oh?” Jessica raised a playful eyebrow.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” Yuri asked.

 

“I live near here, remember?” Jessica answered playfully and Yuri almost choked on her own spit at her stupid question. Of course, Jessica lives near here, she did drop her and Wendy off just last night.

 

“O-oh, r-righ-”

 

“Jessica?” Someone called out and all the girls had turned to see the owner of the voice. It’s like time had slowed down for Yuri as the girl in front of them came closer. She barely registers Jessica saying ‘unnie’ before those atramentous  eyes looked at her in recognition.

 

“H-hi.” She stuttered out, not believing her luck.

 

“Oh, Yuri, this is my sister, Taeyeon.” Jessica introduced happily.

 

“Hi, Yuri, nice to see you again~” Taeyeon greeted, smiling at her.

 

“Again?” Jessica voiced out.

 

“Where are you headed to?” Yuri asked, not believing her luck for that day and can’t help but gawk at the smallest girl.

 

“Hmm..I was about to buy some groceries cook for later.”

 

“Ah, unnie, let me come and help you then~” Jessica volunteered.

“I can help, too!” Yuri had mentally smacked herself for sounding so eager. Taeyeon rose one of her eyebrows and Yuri coughed before trying to salvage herself, “I mean, if you still need an extra hand, you know..”

 

“Oh. No need for that, Yuri~ Jessica and I can manage~” The petite girl laughed and Yuri’s smile widened before an idea hit her.

 

“Hey, if you don’t mind, maybe we can have dinner…”

 

“Excuse me?” Taeyeon and Jessica said in unison, looking a bit taken aback.

 

“I mean like you and Jessica and even Wendy and Joy can come to mine and Seulgi’s house and we can have dinner together and hang out and even Yerimi and Tiffany and Sooyoung…” She rambled, face palming herself internally.

 

“Oh, that would be nice, unnie!” Yeri exclaimed, already getting excited.

 

“It is~ Okay. When can we come over?” Jessica asked, smiling sweetly.

 

“How about this weekend?”

 

“Hmm okay, sounds great. I’ll make sure to tell Wendy and Joy later.” Taeyeon smiled and Yuri felt like fainting but instead her smile widened in excitement.

 

“Okay, awesome!” She exclaimed, “We’ll get going then~ I’ll see you around~” She waved enthusiastically and she, Seulgi, and Yeri walked back to her car. There was a spring in her step and it’s like she can climb a mountain, can bungee jump, and even skydive with the elated way she’s feeling.

 

Two days after she saw Taeyeon, the latter had texted her randomly, telling her that she asked Jessica for her number and that they would be bringing the desserts for the dinner on saturday.  She had squealed alone in her room and waited for a bit to reply as to not look too eager.  She typed, deleted, retyped, rephrased, for at least five minutes until she thought her reply was the most perfect.

 

‘Okay!~ :D’ before hitting send and plopping down on her pillows to squeal some more, shaking in the air. For the next few days, she planned everything out, had texted Taeyeon (nervously) if there’s something that they are allergic to or things that she doesn’t like. She put all the replies to heart and the morning of saturday, she had even gone to the wet market to make sure the ingredients are as fresh as a new born baby. She has to impress her childhood friend after all. Once she returned home, she did not waste time and went to work, marinating the beef, cutting the vegetables, pre-making the sauces and the like. After everything was finished, she had quickly took a bath, making sure that she smells so good that even Seulgi had complimented her.

 

The bell rang and she had almost pushed Seulgi, who was going to open the door, to the side before fixing herself and opening it with a wide smile. She was met with Seulgi’s friend, Irene, and her smile faltered a bit.

 

“Hi unnie~”

 

“Irene… uhm, come in, Seulgi’s there.” she pointed behind her and Irene gave a bow before entering the house.

 

“Unnie?” Seulgi called out.

 

“Ah, Seulgi-ah~ Wendy texted me about the dinner we’re having here?” Irene kind of asked, looking unsure. Seulgi smiled.

 

“Yeah, unnie, glad you could make it~ We’re just waiting for the-” the doorbell rang.

 

And rang.

 

And rang again.

 

“AISH! I’M-” Yuri was about to give the person a piece of her mind when she was met with familiar brown eyes, and suddenly all her anger dissipated, and she’s almost ready to drown again.

 

“What took you so long, Kwon?! I’M SO HUNGRYYYY” Sooyoung exclaimed, pushing past her and making her and Jessica break eye contact.

 

“Hi, Yul~” Jessica greeted and Yuri smiled.

 

“Hi, Yuri. We brought desserts~” Taeyeon greeted with a polite bow, cutely carrying the box of cupcakes. Yuri’s smile turned to a grin.

 

“Yes, come in, come in,” She ushered the group inside.

 

“Irene unnie!” Wendy called out happily as she skipped towards the older one followed by Joy who was rolling her eyes and Yeri and Tiffany who were smiling and winking at Yuri.

 


 

The dinner turned out quite…..eventful. Jessica was sitting on her left while Taeyeon was sitting on her right. She was giddy and calm at the same time as she tried to explain what she cooked to her childhood friend. In front of her sat the youngsters with Seulgi trying to serve Wendy food, Wendt trying to serve Irene food, Irene eating happily, Joy rolling her eyes at her stupid unnies, Yeri laughing at Sooyoung in front of her trying to fit a whole pound of steak in . Tiffany was shooting happy eye smiles, trying to converse with everyone at the same time. It was around dessert when everyone had finally settled down a bit.

 

“This cupcake is delicious!” She exclaimed, ready to praise Taeyeon extremely.

 

“O-oh. It was Wendy who made all of these, I just helped a bit.” Taeyeon revealed.

 

“Wow, Wendy, you baked really great! It’s extreee~meeelyyy delicious~” Seulgi peppered Wendy with compliments and Wendy smiled at her.

 

“You really bake so good, Wendy~ I love these carrot cupcakes as much as I love the carrot cake you gave me last time!~” Irene admitted. Wendy beamed, cheeks flushed in shyness. Yuri watched her sister’s smiling face turn to a straight face then back to a smiling face once again, this time not reaching her eyes.

 

“Okay, everyone, that’s it for the food~ Wendy, Taeyeon, thank you for the yummy cupcakes~”

 

“It was our pleasure, Yuri-ah~ The food you cooked was delicious too! You have to teach me sometime.” Taeyeon smiled and she was once again encased in those onyx orbs.

 

“Y-yeah, sure, anytime.”

 

“Jessica would really love to learn cooking from you too~ She doesn’t know how to cook! I wonder how she’ll survive if I’m not there.” Taeyeon laughed and Yuri giggled.

 

“Y-YAH! Taeyeon unnie!” Jessica was blushing hard and Yuri only laughed some more, brushing a stray hair out of the former’s face. Jessica looked up and met eyes with Yuri and it’s like the world stopped spinning between them. They were lost in their own world, silently having the same explosions from within them.

 

“Oh yeah, Yul, How did you make those cute swans from apples?” and like that, the explosions stopped and she looked at Taeyeon excitedly, completely forgetting about the flowers blooming in her heart.

 
 
-----
That's  chapter 5 for y'all~
See you next week!~:bunny: