Chapter 1

4 WALLS (EDITING)

CHAPTER 1

 

DARA'S POV

 

 “I give up.” I looked at him intensely at the eye. I give up of all of this happening to me. I would say I am happy but I am not contented. Yes I am happy in a way of those people giving me joy, the successful life and my family. This man in front of me is the man I love but I can’t take it anymore. I admit we were happy. I was happy; but after all these years, I felt like something is wrong. Something is somewhat off. There is something which I can’t comprehend. Maybe the lack of shining shimmering light that surrounds us. That’s what they call it. The spark. The click between two people who are happily in-love with each other and ready to do anything just to make each other joyful with being next to each other. I’ve known this man for years and I’m sure that at some point of our relationship, I was happy. He gave me joy and he was there with me at the darkest times of my life and the happiest parts of it but we can’t dictate our hearts and say that it’s alright. If we feel like we are not happy, then so be it. Let go for you and the other one. For the both of you to be happy again and hopefully find the right person who is really destined for you and you only. The person who can make you smile early in the morning just by hearing him/her saying ‘good morning’ to you.

 

The person who’s face you want to see first thing in the morning. The person you can give you the life you dreamt of and even much better than you expected. The person who can bring the ‘shining shimmering light’ again to your world. To his and your world. “Dara, what do you mean?” He asked me. I can see raw hurt in his eyes but a part of it says he is happy with what I am talking about. “I’m sorry Jay. I’m letting you go because I know that you are having hard time in this relationship.” I said and reached for his hand. He looked at our hands and put his attention back to me. “You are too?” He asked me. I was right! He wants to end this too. I’ve been feeling the pain he is going through these past few months because I too is experiencing it. Greeting him and saying flowery words to him even though I know that those were all lies. All dying not so convincing lies. “Yes Jay. I felt like it’s not working anymore. We are not happy and that loyal anymore.” I said to him with all honesty. I am really not happy. Yes, I was loyal throughout those 4 years that we’ve been together plus the years when he was still courting me which is equivalent to all of my college years.

 

“We have to let go of each other. I know that if I’ll let you go, you’ll be happier, you’ll find yourself. I’m sure there is someone waiting for you. Who is really for you.” I said and smiled at him. I hope he would have the same positive point of you with me because I know that all I am feeling is what he has been feeling too. “Thank you Dara.” He said and smiled back at me. Thank God. “Thank you for doing this. I am actually thinking of doing this too but I was too afraid to hurt you. You are one of the most amazing person I met. I know that you are hurting too. I feel you Dara. I don’t know why this is happening but I am sure that there was a spark between us but as time goes by, it slowly cooled down. Like slowly becoming cold as ice.” He added. “Oh God.” I commented while wiping my tears slowly coming down into my cheeks. “Are you serious? Like seriously, I’ve been waiting to do this for months now because even those people who are surrounding us are gently detecting it too.” I said and slowly sat up. I hugged him as he sat up too then he hugged me in return.

 

“You will always have a special place in my heart Jay.” I gently said. “You will always be my bestfriend, my protector, my savior, and my ylove Dara.” He said which made me laughed. “You’re such an .” I said to him. Even until now he calls me y even though he already know why I am like that though I am really not that y. “So, friends?” I asked happily and offered my hand. I feel much lighter this time. “Bestfriends.” He sealed my hands with his. “Where are we off to then?” I asked him. “Let’s unwind by ourselves first.” He said then started walking off to the door of this house. Our house. The house that we dreamt to live when we’ll start our family. As we reach the front door, he faced me so I faced him too. “I will never forget you and your silliness Dara.” He said smiling widely. “I will never forget you too Jay. Call me anytime and if you need me. I am always here for you and be happy. I’m letting you go now. Make sure to find someone who can genuinely make you happy. Not some es which is only up to your good looks and thick pocket. Use your charms for someone who deserves it. Be happy” I grinned at him. “Oh my Dara.” He laughed. I will miss his laugh. “I will be happy and I am sure you too will be right?” He asked me and I nodded approvingly at him. “I am setting you all free Dara. Far from my clutches. I will be happy for you and don’t forget, I am here ready to back you up anytime. I am supporting you all the way. I will see you soon. Don’t ever give up and always remember, there is someone who is holding the other side of the red string for you. Waiting and even more patiently waiting for you. You’ve been so late already so now, go and start finding him because I too will start my chase.” He said. “I will always love you.” We both said in unison then we laughed extremely hard. “I’ll miss you” I said then he smiled at me. “I have to go. Still friends right?” I asked and he nodded as I started walking off to my car and he too started his pace. Before I could enter my car, I paused and stared at him. He stared back and smiled. “We will be happy. Soon.” He assured me. “I know” I said and waved at him. He returned the gesture and at the same time, we entered our own cars. “I know you will be happy.” I murmured and glance at his car. Second later we both exited the gate and went to our own paths. Me on the right and him on the other side. Away from each other and most especially happy on our own.

 

 

 

 

 

JAY'S POV

 

I would forever be grateful to Dara. She gave me light for years and I know that with that light, she brought me into a much better place and into a much better person. The light she gave to me made me see things more clearer but I didn’t expect that it would bring such clearness that I already know by heart that I am already falling for someone else; that I am slowly letting Dara drifting away from me and see her not happy anymore with me. She said that the people who surround us are also feeling that we are not like we are few years back and I know that it was true. I myself noticed that too. It just suddenly happened, she was not feeling the love anymore and I too was not. I may look like a jerk here but it is what it really is. The love I was thinking of burst out like a bubble. I didn’t know what the reason was but still I am glad. I am glad because if only Dara and I let each other go, we would be happier. Instead of putting the effort to call each other and reach out more with each other, we could put our attention to other things, to something new or someone new, to our own careers and to our families. In that way we would avoid being untrue to each other. We won’t waste our efforts to the relationship we know that won’t work anymore and to the relationship we can’t protect from collapsing and I’m sure we can’t ever rebuild.

 

I know that few months from now I would see Dara with someone or see her just being beautiful as she is happily working. I am not the best guy but this is the only thing which I know that is best for her and that is letting her go. Let her explore more because I was present for almost a decade in her life now and that was one of the reasons why she did not have a lot of chance to travel more and even mingle and meet other people because I was there all the way. We spend a lot of time together and I was there guarding her even though there wasn’t much to guard because I know Dara, she won’t risk herself for something she knows that can harm her and the people she loves. As what I’ve said to Dara, she will eventually find the man who is truly for her soon and I on the other hand will start my chase.

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON'S POV

 

I’m cursed. I don’t know if anyone sees and feels it too but I can feel it. “What did you just said?” asked my younger brother who just entered my room. I didn’t know that I said it out loud. “I think I’m cursed.” I answered him then he sat at my bed. “Why do you think so?” He said when he sat. I turn to face him and stared at him for seconds. It’s just that there is this guy who I always get caught staring at me everytime I see him around. He looks creepy and all. Sometimes he even wear business suits maybe to act like he is another person or whatsoever.” I replied but he just laughed at me. “That makes you cursed?” He questioned. “It’s not that. It’s just that I am feeling it. Maybe he is watching over me because soon he will kill me. He is the one who is destined to kill me.” I said as I brush my hair. “You know what, it has been almost a year when I noticed him following me around. I really think he is a serial killer.” I said to convince my brother that I am really cursed and to end the curs, the only way is for me to get killed. My brother then flipped.  “Would you stop laughing?” I barked at him. “Oh my! It has been a long time since I laughed that hard.” He said as he regained his composure. “So, why are you here?” I asked him when I noticed that he is staying here quite some time now. “Well, mom said that she already asked some maids to pack your things for you to get ready for your flight tomorrow.” He said. Oh right. Tomorrow I’ll be leaving the country for work. There’s this medical mission and I am one of the doctors who will be there. Maybe I’ll be back next month or the other. In that way, the creeper can’t follow me around. I would be away from here but of course, I’ll miss my family and friends. I hope I could meet someone cute there and I would marry him real soon. “All right.” I said to my brother. “It’s time to leave bro. I got the message already.” I said and escorted him off to the door. “That’s it? You’ll treat me like that? That’s so mean. I won’t see you for months then you’ll do this? What kind of sister are you?” He said and eyed. “Come’on. I know you need something. What is it now?” I asked him because everytime he acts like this, he wants something from me or from our parents. “Well, since you won’t be here for a long time, I would like to borrow your unit. I’ll be very busy and I don’t have time to travel for an hour and a half back and forth to go home and to school. Since your unit is nearer in our school it would be more convenient for me.” He said. That makes sense. “Alright but make sure to clean it regularly and don’t bring your oh so loud friends there.” I raised my brow at him. “Great! Thank you!” he said then hugged me. “Just for you.” I said and hugged him back. I hope he would find someone who can take care of him for the rest of his life and someone he can be happy with because if he will experience what I am experiencing right now, it would be really hard. Really, really hard. When you are so tired and when you go home and no one was there waiting for you, preparing food or just checking up on you on how was your day, when you have problems and you don’t have someone to share it with, it’ll be so hard. Just like now, my friends are one by one building their own families and I’m here, forever alone.

 

 

 

 

 

YUNHO'S POV

“WHAT?” I asked loudly over the phone as my secretary told me that someone is looking for me outside. “But sir, she said that if you won’t let her in she will talk to your mom.” My secretary replied from the other line. “Just le-“ I was about answer when my office door flew open. “YOU LITTLE PIECE OF !” Dahyun yelled as she approaches me. I immediately sat up from my seat when I saw her. “WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN TAG ALONG MY DAUGHTER WITH YOU LATER?” She asked me still yelling while choking me by my collar. “It wasn’t my idea. It was your husband’s idea.” I answered and tried to get freed by her. “Why then?” She raised her brow at me as he slowly let me go. “I don’t know.” I answered and sat at my seat. “I don’t mind if Lavender stays with me. I love it that way.” I added. “You know what, you really have to start your own family. If you’ll do that, you would stop borrowing someone else’s child and instead, you’ll spend time with your own.” My younger sister said.

 

I actually think so too but I don’t feel like marrying and entering a Holy Sacrament yet. “Dahyun, you know I’m not ready.” I said trying to remind her even though I constantly say it to her. “Not ready because you are just there. Coolly sitting, chilling and all. You are just there, waiting. Patiently waiting.” She said then sat on the couch inside my office. “If I were you, I would start moving because sometimes, you have to make a move and chase your destiny. Fate is cruel sometimes. Instead of us waiting, fate makes sure that we should be the one moving so that he would start its magic at the place where our footsteps brings us. There we could say that waiting is a just a waste of time and love does not only comes around. Sometimes, we have to find it, fight for it and even chase it.” My sister added and clapped her hands. She has a point but searching for a woman who accepts me wholeheartedly, loves me, and respects me is quite hard. It would be better if it comes right infront of my door. I mean not literally you know. “It’ll be much better if I would meet her at the perfect time or even at the most unexpected time. I prefer that rather than searching, dating lots of girls just trying to find her or you and mom arranging dates for me.” I stared at her waiting for her reaction. “Oh shut that crap up!” She laughed. “Are you saying that you’re not dating lots of girls and you don’t like it that way because as far as I know, you’ve been dating lots of women. I mean lots meaning plenty, many and all.” Her laughed even went louder. “By the way, why are you here?” I asked to bring her back to sanity. “Oh, yes I almost forgot.” Dahyun sat up and went to search something from her bag. “This” She uttered and handed me an envelope. “That came from my husband. He asked me to hand it to you. You know it’s our anniversary tomorrow and he is so busy so here I am, helping the other half.” I looked at my sister with her sparkling eyes. This is what love can do. “Thank you then. So go now so that you can still prepare for you and your husband’s lovely anniversary.” A said in a quite sarcastic tone. “You’re just insecure.” She chuckled then raised her brow at me before leaving without any word.