.12

.dump.

XX.

“I’m home!” 

Henry closes the door behind him, takes off his shoes and goes straight to the living room where he finds Amber sprawled on the couch with a bowl of cereal on her stomach.

He chuckles as she waves lazily at him before sitting beside her, lifting her head up and placing it on his lap. Amber groans in protest, shifting to find a better position. 

“What did you do all day?” Henry asks. He takes the bowl from her stomach and takes a spoonful of cereal before placing it on the coffee table. 

“Vomit. Eat. Sleep. Vomit some more.” Amber deadpans, rubbing her temples and glaring at him. “Your fault.”

“I see pregnancy’s doing you well.” 

“Shut up.” Amber hits him on the stomach. “I won’t tell you that she kicked, then.” 

“What?! Really?!”

Amber bites on her lip to prevent herself from grinning but she sees the look of excitement on Henry’s face and she can’t help but grin and nod. She sits up and let Henry bend down to press his ear against her baby bump, hands on both her sides. She smiles as he starts talking.

“Halin, it’s me, daddy.” Henry grins. The baby kicks and Henry looks up at Amber with eyes wide in amazement and grin almost blinding her. “She kicked!”

Amber nods. “She’s been doing it all day.” 

“Halin, mommy and daddy loves you so much.” The baby kicks again and Amber catches him mumble a low ‘wow’, ear still pressed on her bump. She chuckles. Henry looks up and smiles at her. “Thank you.” He plants a kiss on her forehead. 

“Do you think we’d be good parents?” Amber asks as Henry pulls her to him, wrapping his arms around her. 

“Of course,” Henry answers without hesitation, grinning. “We won’t be perfect, obviously. But we’d love her and take care of her in the best way we can.”

“I didn’t have any younger sibling like you did and I’m not as good with kids as you are.” Amber buries her face on the crook of his neck and Henry chuckles, kissing the top of her head. 

“That doesn’t matter.” He says, rubbing her back. “You’re taking care of her now, aren’t you? She’s alive and healthy and kicking. You’re doing a good job.”

Amber snuggles closer and sighs, pecking his neck. “I guess.” 

“And if we aren’t perfect with Halin, we could always have more children-- ow!”

Amber laughs, removing herself from Henry while the latter rubs his side where she had previously pinched him. “I have the uterus, I’m the one who’s gonna decide that.” 

“I was kidding!” Henry pouts and Amber shoves his face. 

“Make me and Halin a proper dinner to compensate.” 

“Fine.” Henry sighs and gets up from the couch and trudges to the kitchen.

“Love you!” Amber laughs.

“Yeah, yeah.”