Seoul Sunset

The Stars

They walked down the hallway, Seung bumping his shoulder against the younger’s. Ji smiled at him. 

“You’re so weird, hyung.”

The elder smirked. “Well duh! How many times have we established that I’m the crazy and weird one? Especially today.” 

“Well, yes.” He chuckled, biting his bottom lip. “I just thought I should remind you.”

Seung blushed lightly and put his mask on to conceal it. I hate when he bites his lip like that. 

They reached the elevator and Ji pushed the down arrow. He slung the scarf around his neck as they waited for the elevator to get to their floor. The younger looked at the rapper from the corner of his eyes, feeling confusion at his expression. When the door opened, Seung pulled Ji in after him. 

“You spacing out now?” 

“Pft, not likely.”

Seung crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. Ji returned an innocent look. “What?”

“Don’t what me. You can’t call me space cadet if you’re going to do it too.”

Ji rolled his eyes. “I won’t steal your title, don’t worry.”

The elder snorted as he put his sunglasses on. Ji put his on as well before wrapping his scarf over the lower half of his face. The doors opened to show the lobby. There were a few people scattered around as they walked towards the doors. 

“Hyung, are we gonna drive to the bug thing, or are we walking?”

“The butterfly room.” he scoffed. “Bug thing. Psh.” 


Ji giggled. “Okay, I’m sorry, butterfly room. So, drive or walk?”

“Walk?”

Ji felt his eyebrows shoot into his hairline. “Did they put crack in your coffee?”

He earned a deep chuckle. “No, Ji Ji. I just want to walk. We’ll get more time to hang out if we walk.” 

“True.” 

They walked out into the cooling city air, both looking up to the orange sunset kissing the horizon. 

                                   ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The walk to the butterfly room was fairly short and once they arrived, Ji mentally noted that he’d have to apologize for poking fun at Seung for wanting to see it. Looking into the windows to see all the different colors fluttering lazily around the large room was a beautiful sight to the younger, especially knowing that it was something interesting to the older man.

When they walked into the office to go in, Ji went to ask the clerk if there was anyone else inside. When he was told there wasn’t anyone else, he asked how much it would be to be just the two of them alone. The clerk gave him an odd look, obviously thinking it was some romantic date. He explained that they wanted to have some privacy without people recognizing them. The clerk looked skeptical, but told the rapper a price. 

Once he paid, he walked over to the elder and grabbed his hand before pulling him in the direction of the entrance. Seunghyun chuckled as the younger dragged him across the room. They opened the door and were immediately swarmed by soft wings. 

Splashes of orange, blue, pink, and white drifted around the room or landed on the flowers covering the walls. As the door fell shut behind them, the two removed their covers. Jiyong’s eyes were wide in awe as he looked around the room. The elder smiled. 

“So.” Ji turned to look at him. “Am I still lame for wanting to see the bugs?”

The shorter man blushed and looked away for a moment. “No. It’s really beautiful here.”

Seunghyun smiled. “I knew you’d come around. I may seem random, but it is all with purpose.”

Jiyong let out a quiet laugh, covering his mouth with his hand. “No, hyung, you’re just random.”

The taller pursed his lips in a faux pout, crossing his arms and turning away. “You hurt me so deep, Ji Ji.”

His pout turned to a look of expression of surprise as thin arms wrapped around him and he felt Ji’s face against his back. 

“I’m sorry, my lovely Seunghyun. I never meant to hurt you so.”

The elder laughed. “Sarcastic .” He turned in Jiyong’s embrace to ruffle his hair again, causing the shorter to smile brilliantly up at him. 

“Let’s go sit over on that bench.” 

The elder nodded and was again dragged away. I’d always follow you Jiyong.

He shook his head, trying to tell himself to not think that while he was with the rapper. He didn’t want to give anything away and ruin everything he’d had built with Jiyong. Ji sat on the bench and pulled Seunghyun down beside him. 

“There’s so many flowers.”

“Yeah, there are. It smells nice though, doesn’t it?”

Jiyong hummed in agreement. “So how long do you want to sit in here? And do you know what you want to do after this?”

“However long you’d like. I like it here, so I could stay for a long time. What do you want to do?”

“Indecisive bastard.”

“I picked here. It’s your turn now, you spaz.”


“Ya! I am not a spaz!” Ji exclaimed, smacking Seunghyun’s shoulder. 

The elder smiled down at him. “Sometimes.”

Ji crossed his arms, scowling at the older man. “Am not.”

Seunghyn put his arm around Ji’s shoulders. “Awe, Ji Ji, did I hurt your feelings. I’m sorry.”

“No you aren’t.” Seunghyun couldn’t see his face, but he knew his leader was hiding a smile, he could hear it in his voice. 

“Oh, but I am. Deeply sorry.” The elder cleared his throat as he sat back more comfortably on the bench. “Spaz.”

Ji spun to face him, smiling wide. “I’m not a spaz, you are.”

“I know. And I accept that.”

Ji scoffed. “Oh you are no fun.” He laughed, and Seunghyun’s heart skipped a beat at the sound. “Well, you are, but you aren’t!”

“I’m a contradiction?”

“Yes! Exactly!” They both laughed. 

Seunghyun shook his head as Ji looked away again, his eyes following a large red butterfly. A small teal butterfly landed on Seung’s nose, flapping its delicate wings softly. 

“Ji.” He whispered. 

The younger turned and his eyes lit up. He pulled his phone from his jeans, taking a picture. As if that was what the little creature wanted, it left the tip of his nose and flittered off to some flower. Seung rubbed his nose. 

“Did it tickle?”

He nodded with a smile. Ji smiled back. He scooted closer to the rapper and leaned against him. “Want to go to dinner? Or we could go to the park. Since it’s getting late, the park shouldn’t have too many people there.”

Seung hummed. “The park could be nice. It’s going to be a cool night too, so that’ll be good.”

“Ok.” Ji checked his phone. “Have we really already been here for an hour?”

Seunghyun looked at his watch. “Apparently.” 

“Should we go? I think they close soon.”

The elder nodded, though his mind was reluctant as he wanted to stay cuddled up with Ji in the beautiful room. 

Jiyong stood up and began putting his scarf on. Seung followed his lead and placed the mask over his face. They walked to the door and entered the little office. 

“Hyung?”

“Neh.”

“I liked it in there. We should come back sometime.”

“Whatever you want, Ji Ji.” 

The younger scoffed as they walked out onto the sidewalk and headed towards the park.