Second Home

The Stars

-fast forward 6 months-

 

Jiyong was walking around the house they had rented in the states. It was a nice two story home, with light wood floors and clean cream colored walls. The yard was big and private and had a nice fence so that Gaho, Jolie, and Homie could be outside without a leash. There was also a large pool with a spacious patio for a table and grill. It even had a bar. Past the patio was a small cluster of trees that looked perfect for a hammock. Ji stared out one the second story windows, down to the street where the hired moving crew were being told where things went by Youngbae and Seunghyun.

 

His lover looked up, as if he knew that Jiyong was watching him, and smiled when he saw him standing at the window. The younger rapper smiled back, but was quickly distracted by Seungri yelling for him from downstairs.

 

He took the stairs quickly to see what the fuss was, only to see Seungri and Daesung chasing wet dogs through the kitchen.

 

“Oh my god! Dae, why are they wet?” Ji began to help them try to get the dogs back outside.

 

“I don’t know, we left the double doors in the kitchen open to get some fresh air in here and they came bounding in like this.”

 

After another moment, they finally got the three animals back out the doors and shut them.

 

“Hyung, I think there’s a pond or something out there since the pool is empty.”

 

Seungri had mud splattered on his face, arms, and shirt;  it seemed like he had more mud on him than what had ended up on the walls and floor. Daesung and Jiyong both began laughing at his appearance. Seunghyun came into the kitchen and his eyes widened.

“What the hell happened?”

 

Ji smiled at him. “The dogs found water. We’ll start cleaning down here, so try to get the movers to focus on upstairs since the dogs ran around everywhere.”

 

Seunghyun nodded and left to go tell Bae and the movers the plan while Ji and the others found paper towels and the box with cleaning supplies.

 

        ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

They were sitting in the living room on the floor with takeout boxes in front of them, watching the TV. Seunghyun had Ji snuggled against his side as they leaned against the wall. The TV was the only hooked up and functional thing in the living room since they had sent the truck with the downstairs furniture away to have the one with their bedroom stuff brought to the house.

 

Daesung and Youngbae were looking at something on Bae’s phone, and the dogs were laying on their beds, cleaned and tired. Seungri was the only one of them actually interested in the show on the television, but the other’s were enjoying the noise.

 

Jiyong grabbed his phone and looked at the time, and his eyes widened to see that it was almost 1 am.

 

“Guys, we should get to bed. The movers will be back at 7.” They all looked at him and nodded. As they all stood to leave, Ji walked over to their pets and crouched down.

 

“You stay out of the boxes and be good, alright.” Gaho snorted at him as he scratched the dog’s ear.

 

The rapper stood up and took Seunghyun’s offered hand and followed him upstairs.

 

        ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

The next morning, Seunghyun and Jiyong awoke to Jolie jumping on their bed and scaring away one of Ji’s cats at 5:48. They both groaned and the younger of the two buried his face under a pillow. Jolie started sniffing around the pillow and pawing at Jiyong’s arm.

 

The rapper sat up and looked at his dog.

 

“Do you need to go outside?” The dog whined, and Ji stood, suppressing a yawn.

 

He trudged downstairs and was pleasantly surprised to find the boxes were intact and that the three crazy animals had behaved. He pushed open the door and the dogs immediately began snuffling around in the flower beds and grass. He walked out into the yard and to the trees by the patio. He noticed that there was a small pond area, no more than 4 feet in diameter. He smiled. Found their mudhole.

 

Jiyong walked back towards the house when a women spoke to him.

 

“Yoohoo!” She waved. “Hi! How’s your move going?”

 

Ji smiled. “Oh it’s alright, thank you. How are you this morning?”

 

“Oh, I am just dandy this morning. How about you?” Gaho and Homie ran around Jiyong before running towards the pond. “Oh my, those dogs sure have a lot of energy.”

 

Ji laughed. “I’m a little tired, but moving will do that. And yeah, they definitely do. They found that little pond yesterday when we got here.”

 

“Uh oh. I bet that’s pretty muddy.”

 

“Yes, it is. They tracked it into the kitchen.”

 

She laughed. “Oh goodness, I hope that wasn’t too much trouble to get cleaned up.”

 

“Oh, it was alright. I’d rather know that they’re energetic and alright from such a long flight than not.”

 

“Yes, I noticed you do have an accent. Where did you move from, if you don’t mind my asking?”

 

“We’re from South Korea. This is like a second home.”

 

“So you won’t be here all the time?”

 

“No, but I kind of feel like we’ll be splitting the year pretty evenly between here and Seoul.”

 

“What about your dogs, that much travel can’t be good.”

 

“Well we’ll be here for at least a month, if not a little longer so we can get acquainted with our neighbors and the community. Hopefully we can find someone to watch them. If not, my two will probably live with my parents and the other will end up with my friends mom.”

 

“Are your dogs well behaved?”

 

“Yes, they just get pretty excited outside, but they are all trained.”

 

“Ah, I see. I might be able to help with them if you need.”

 

“Really? That would be amazing.”

 

She nodded. “ I’d be happy to help. Now, another question, how many people are moving in?”
 

“There’s five of us.”

 

Her eyebrows rose a little. “Five! Good friends of yours?” Jiyong nodded with a small smile. “Oh my, it must be too early for me, please forgive me. My name is Edna Nielsen.” She held her hand over the fence.
 

Ji took it and shook her hand. “I’m Kwon Jiyong. And no worries, it’s a bit early for me too.”

 

She smiled. “Well, I just want to say, if you need any help or anything, feel free to ask.

 

Ji smiled. “Thank you so much!”

 

She smiled and waved as she walked back to a small, well maintained garden.

 

Jiyong walked back to the house, the dogs following, eager for their breakfast. As he entered the kitchen, he saw his bandmates sitting groggily at the table, their coffee not working as quickly as it seemed they would like.

 

“Good morning.” The others grumbled.

 

“Who were you talking to?” Seunghyun asked as he put his arms around his lover.
 

“Our neighbor. She was really nice. She said if we needed help with the animals, she’d try to help.”

 

“So you potentially found our dogsitter?” Bae asked before taking a sip of his coffee.

 

Jiyong nodded. “So, who’s making breakfast?”

 

Cute domestic GTOP and SunDae because yes. (There’s SunDae if you squint XD I promise)