Returning To Normal

The Stars

With Jiyong home, everyone was relaxed and the house had returned to its normal rhythm of dogs barking and running in and out of the back door while loud chatter came from the kitchen. There were eggs and bacon sizzling in frying pans. Daesung was standing at the stove to keep things from burning with Youngbae standing by him holding plates. Jiyong and his parents were sitting at the dining table with Seungri when Seunghyun walked in. The rapper smiled at the sight. It was a breath of fresh air to see how normal everything already was. He walked to the counter near Daesung and pulled a mug from the cupboard, pouring himself a cup of coffee before moving to the table to sit next to Jiyong.

 

“Good morning Ji Ji.”

 

The tattooed man smiled at him and leaned towards him, giving him a quick kiss. “Morning!”

 

Daesung and Bae walked over to the table with large plates full of scrambled eggs and bacon. As they ate their breakfast, Seunghyun felt like the worst was finally behind them and they could move forward with their lives.

 

                ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

 

~1 month later~

 

Jiyong was sitting on the living room couch, legs curled up under a fuzzy blanket, scrolling on his laptop through something Seunghyun couldn’t see from his chair. He had a focused expression on his face. Seunghyun watched him for a moment, smiling at how he would subtly frown, or when his eyes would light up. The elder had an idea of what he was doing.

 

“Are you on Pinterest looking at more wedding stuff?” Jiyong looked up at him.

 

He smirked. “Maybe. We decided to try and get married sooner rather than later after everything. Pinterest has a never ending supply of wedding reception ideas. Come here.” He lifted the edge of the blanket as Seunghyun sat next to him. “See?” He pointed at the screen where Seunghyun saw 4 different flowers. “I’m still trying to decide on flowers. I have four different types that I like, and they all mean something relevant to our relationship and what we’ve been through. I don’t know if we should have all four and have half the tables with these two, and the other tables with these, or if we should just pick two and have all the tables match.”

 

“Hmm. Well, tell me what they mean and what ones would go together.”

 

Jiyong pointed and the first two photos. “This is a ranunculus, it means the person you’re with is charming and that you find them attractive. Then peonies mean honor, beauty, and love. I like how these would look together, and maybe I’d want something tall too, like a type of leafy fern or grass.”

 

“Alright, I can see why you like them together. Would you want a light colored peony?”

 

“Yeah I was thinking that if we can get ranunculus that are this light pink with the green in the center, I’d wan’t peonies that are a slightly darker tone of pink, but still pastel since the ranunculus is almost white.”

 

Seunghyun smiled. He loved seeing how intense Jiyong was with planning different things for the wedding. “I think that sounds pretty. What about the others?”

 

“Well, you recognize calla lilies, and I might want a light mauve instead of white to offset the gardenias. But calla lilies mean overcoming challenges, faith, and rebirth, which I think you’ll agree is fitting with our relationship. Gardenias mean trust, hope, and friendship. The reason I’m having a hard time is because these two, emotionally mean more for us, but the other two match us too. Do you think we should only pick two of them?”

 

He looked at Seunghyun. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

The elder smirked. “Because I love that you’re picking flowers because of their meanings rather than if they’re just pretty. And I just love that we’re planning our wedding, it doesn’t feel real. I’ve waited a long time to find someone like you.”

 

The tattooed man smiled, and Seunghyun put his arm around him, pulling him close to his side and kissing his temple. “I like all of them and if you want to have the tables alternate the pairs, I think that would look beautiful, especially with some of the stuff you were showing me about lighting and candles.”

 

Jiyong laughed. “I’m going crazy, aren’t I?”

 

“I don’t think so. You’ve talked about wanting to get married pretty much since we debuted, I wouldn’t expect you to hold back.”

 

The younger smiled again as he looked back at his laptop screen. Seunghyun was content to sit with him and watch what things he found to put on his wedding board. They were still sitting there when Seungri came home from a local dance studio where he volunteered to teach classes.

 

“Hey.” Seungri said as he flopped into a chair. “Have you guys eaten yet?”

 

Seunghyun looked at him. “Not yet, we’ve been  doing wedding stuff.”

 

“Yeah? What stuff?”

 

“Flowers for the reception tables. And some lighting choices too. We do need to figure out foods and venue still, but that shouldn’t be that difficult since it’s gonna be a smaller wedding, even if we need it in a few months.”

 

“Yeah. What about invites? Do you guys want still help with that?”
 

“If you guys still want to help, yeah, we’d like that.”

 

The youngest stood up and  stretched. “I’m gonna start making food. Hamburgers sound alright?”

 

Jiyong nodded, not paying as much attention as he’d come across something he liked. Seunghyun looked at Seungri. “Do you want any help?”

 

“Sure.” The youngest replied as he walked to the kitchen.

 

Seunghyun pulled the blanket off of his legs and stood up to follow Seungri into the kitchen.

 

Seungri began pulling ingredients from the fridge when the eldest walked in.

“He’s finding a lot of stuff he really likes, huh?”

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “Yeah, he’s been on Pinterest a lot. The board he made has a couple hundred pins already. He hasn’t decided on whether he wants us to get married outside, like an ocean side wedding, or if he wants to find some really nice indoor venue.”

 

Seungri was putting ground beef into a large bowl and on the counter next to the bowl was a few seasonings and onions. “What about you? Where do you wanna get married?”

 

“Honestly, I don’t care. I’ve loved him for so long that the fact that we’re even getting married makes me happier than I could’ve ever dreamed. As long as it’s us and the people we love, I wouldn’t care if we got married in a Walmart. And with how long he’s told everyone that he wants to get married as soon as possible, I want him to make the choices that will make him happiest.”

 

Seungri smiled as he began mixing the seasonings and meat. “Have you guys talked about where you want to go for your honeymoon?”

 

“We’ve been thinking about Hawaii as one option, but he threw out the idea of going to Santorini, so I was thinking we could go to Hawaii for a week, then fly to Santorini.”

 

“I mean, why not, you guys could easily afford it so you might as well. With how much you two love each other, you’re only gonna have one honeymoon.”

 

“That’s true.” Seunghyun said as he began making  ranch dressing from a packet for salad. “I’ll ask if he’d wanna go to both.”

 

**“I don’t think he cares since the only reason to pick somewhere is for a pretty backdrop while you screw your brains out.” Seungri said as he packed the mixture into patties and set them in a pan on the stove.

 

Seunghyun snorted loudly and leaned forward to rest his head on the counter and began laughing. Jiyong walked in to find the eldest doubled over, shaking with his laughter.

 

“What’s so funny?” He asked, unable to keep from chuckling quietly with Seunghyun.

 

“Panda, would you like to repeat what you just said?”

 

Seungri laughed. “Uh, haha, I said that the only reason to choose a pretty location for a honeymoon is for good scenery while you screw your brains out.”

 

Jiyong’s mouth fell open before his face broke out into a huge smiled and he began giggling.

 

“That is so not the only reason for honeymoons, oh my god! We’d go out for dinners, depending on where we go, we could go horseback riding, or hiking and swimming.”

 

“Uh huh. I’ve known you two long enough to know that it would mostly be not leaving the hotel room., with how often you put a tie on your door.”

 

Seunghyun had gathered himself enough to stand up. “Well, you’d rather know to not barge in than catch us again, wouldn’t you?”

 

Seungri nodded. “I’ll give you that. I’ve seen more than I ever wanted to.” He  turned back to the stove and turned the burner on to start cooking.

 

They enjoyed spending the night laughing and having a good meal.

 

A/N **Sooo...I literally typed Seungri’s “dirty” line like 5 minutes before I checked IG and saw he had announced his retirement, which means I looked into what was going on and couldn’t believe what was happening with him. I genuinely hope that the claims are found to be untrue and that maybe one day in the future he would continue to make music because if BigBang disbanded because of this I would be so devastated. BB got me into Kpop and without them I’d feel like I was missing something. I can hope that they’d keep going as 4, but I don’t know. At the very least, I’d hope that everyone would continue with a solo career (especially GD since he’s my bias and I’ve personally bought and listened to more of his solo)...Sorry for a hella long A/N but I feel weird about what I found out right after I wrote the line that also made me laugh, so I’m leaving it in… I just feel so weird.