unknowingly entering the tiger's den

My Cold Hearted Man [Hiatus]

 

“I’m going to have to let you go,” the boss said shortly as he looked at her, “Here is your weeks pay.” Shoving the money into her hands he turned away and locked the restaurant door closed. She watched his back retreat, biting her lips she looked down to her hands. How rude. She clutched the money tightly in her hands, shoving them in her bag carefully she walked towards the bus station. Looking around more cautious then ever she finally reached the bus bay. What was she going to do this was the second time she lost her job within a month.

.

Daesung yawned loudly as he walked into Jiyong’s office, “Morning hyung.”

“Morning,” Jiyong said as he read the reports carefully, “Did you eat?”

Daesung shook his head, “Came home super late last night and woke up with nothing in the fridge.”

“Let’s go out and take a bite then, I’m hungry.”

Daesung nodded, “Sounds good.” Walking together out the both discussed about the early events that had happened a couple of days ago.

“I can’t believe that they had the guts to do that to us,” Jiyong said angrily as he took a bite of his eggs, “To betray me like that for those disgusting barbarians that call themselves ‘Gods Rising from the East’?”Daesung didn’t say anything as he consumed his food slowly, there wasn’t going to be anything he could say to calm Jiyong down when he was mad, “I thought that my men would be loyal and never betray me, but only with a little bit of money dangling in front of them they leave me like that.” Jiyong threw his fork onto the table, making Daesung flinch a little while making the customers around them stare, scared.

“Hyung, it’s okay, they are just helping us weed out the bad ones, once they’ve taken the non loyal members. What we have left would be members that are all dedicated to us. We’ll have a strong group that we are for sure that will have our backs, while they’ve accumulated backstabbers that could flop on them anytime.” Jiyong sat there and thought about what Daesung had just said and nodded his head, “This is true.”

“Right?” Daesung smiled, “Now hyung, please finish eating we got to check out how the new club is coming along.”

.

“Oh !” Dara said as she scrambled up from her bed, furiously pulling on clothes and running towards the washroom she washed herself up and fly out the door. Today she had an interview at the club she had applied to called BIG BANG, and she could not afford to be late. Checking her wrist watch every five minutes as she waited for the bus she began to feel extremely anxious. Once the bus arrived she ran up the bus and sat down, feeling the urge to scream at the driver to step on it she stopped herself by stuffing her face with bread. She didn’t want her stomach to growl when she was at the interview, stressing she looked out the window of the bus.

.

Chae Rin looked at her wrist watch, “That girl was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago, where the hell is she?” Tapping her heels on the floor she was getting impatient.

TOP smiled as he watched her puffing her cheeks, “You’re so impatient at times you should really learn how to be patient.”

Chae Rin rolled her eyes, “You should tell your girlfriend, Jeon Yu, that. She’s far worse than me.”

“I fixed her,” TOP said raising his eyebrows, implying something.

“How?” Chae Rin said.

“I gave her some TOP loving in exchange for patience.”

Chae Rin scoffed, “I’m sure it’s the opposite, you freak. She probably gave you HER loving in exchange that you don’t act like such a FREAK. ”

“All these years you call me FREAK, don’t you know it hurts?” TOP said faking a pout and a hurt look.

“LEAVE!” she said annoyed.

TOP chuckled and nodded his head, when Chae Rin was irritated he knew his limits, walking off he took out his phone and started to text Jiyong to come and calm his right hand lady down.  

.

Dara came in breathless, she had ran the last two blocks to get to the club, she had no idea that it was that far. Standing in the middle of the door way she searched the empty club for a blonde lady. Once she spotted the lady having a drink at the bar, she quickly walked over. Putting her hands together she started to move them up and down as she began her out pour of apologies, “I’m sorry, I am so sorry, I didn’t expect to be this late. I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

The girl looked at Dara with a hard stare, “You could’ve had the decency to call and tell me that you were going to be late. Instead of making me wait  half an hour!”  

“I’m sorry, I just didn’t think of that,” she said scratching her head.

“Never mind, let’s start the interview.”

“O-okay.”

For the agonizing thirty minutes Chae Rin asked several questions about her past work experiences getting satisfactory answers and a few laughs, Chae Rin started to like Dara. She was honest, observant and seemed to be extremely caring and loyal. All the traits that the club needed, “So there are three positions that you can choose from, you can be a hostess, bartender or you could be a dancer.”

“I can’t dance, and I don’t know a lot about alcohol besides soju,” Dara said.

Chae Rin nodded, “Can you serve?”

“Like a waitress?”

“Something like that...”

Dara nodded eagerly, “Of course! You know I used to be a waitress at that diner!”

“Oh, right…” Chae Rin looked at her notes and then nodded, checking off the box, “Okay, so thank you for coming to this meeting, I’m glad that you are interested in this position. I will contact you when I have gone through this with my boss, but overall, I like you. Though you were tardy for the interview, you have what it takes to become part of the family.”

Dara smiled in glee as she grabbed Chae Rin’s extended hand and shook it, “Thank you, thank you.” Chuckling Chae Rin nodded and got up; leaving Dara to pack her things up to leave. Once she was ready she slowly got up and headed towards the door, passing two men quickly she bumped into one, without looking at him she mumbled sorry and scurried out of the club to call Bom.