his first impression

My Cold Hearted Man [Hiatus]

Sandara woke up to light shining onto her face, rubbing her eyes she got up. When her eyes opened up she was welcomed by the most luxurious room she’d ever seen, looking around she was awed by the beauty of every single wall of the room. It was though she was in a palace, the room was white and golden and magnificent. She was snapped out of the trance when a younger looking girl walked in with a small smile on her face, “Miss, you’re finally awake...”

Sandara looked at her and then nodded, “I guess I am, haha.” She scratched her head as an awkward silence followed after her reply… minutes passed as the younger girl just looked at her, “Uhm, ahah, where am I?” Sandara asked as she broke the silence awkwardly.

“You are in the Kwon household, miss. Yesterday, the master brought you in, you were unconscious.”

Sandara listened as flashbacks from the previous night of the two men and a voice that she had heard prior to her complete blackout came back to her. Did the ‘master’ of this house save me from those men?

“Are you ready to wash yourself and head downstairs for breakfast?” The maid asked breaking her train of thought.

“It’s okay, I can just go home and uhm, wash myself. As for breakfast, I think I’ll pass for today, but I would love to see the owner of the house.”

The girl nodded, “He is downstairs, miss. You can follow me if you wish to see him.” Sandara got off the bed and slowly followed behind the maid.

.

Jiyong took a sip of water as he read the morning news looking at the politics section he shook his head. Politicians, they were all corrupted, either for money or for power. Placing the paper down he began eating his breakfast, slowly devouring the food he stared at the emptiness of his condo complex. Yes, it was big and luxurious but there was always something missing, but he could never place his hand on what it was. As he surveyed the room his eyes stopped on something, no, someone. The girl, the girl that he had saved yesterday… Her appearance was normal, though a little on the poorer side of normal. She had big doe eyes that seem to be so fascinated with everything she saw... she was interesting looking. When she finally reached to him she was smiling at him, her hands scratching her haystack of what looked like hair.

“Ummm,” she started off, “Hi.”

He looked at her and cocked his head to the side, letting out a little laugh, he beckoned her to leave. Though he was intrigued by her appearance and how she presented herself, he did not have time to talk to someone who smelt like crap. The maid turned around as she took the girl by the hand, “Miss, the master wants you to leave his household now.”

“B-but, I wasn’t able to say thank you,” the girl started as she turned to look at him, he was now back to focusing on his eating, he’s eyes wandering the room again. Trying to find what was the missing piece of his beautifully built home.

.

Sandara stared at the apartment complex on the other side of the heavily guarded gate, letting out a sigh; she walked down the side walk. The area was strange to her; never had she walked in such a beautiful neighborhood before. She took in the sight, unable to fathom how it would be like, just to be rich one day. She smiled as she imagined. Her hands lifted into the air as she swirled once around, inhaling the beautiful air. Letting out a little melody-like chuckle, she thought about how weird she might look to on lookers.

.

Jiyong got into his car, turning on the engine the car roared to life. Watching the gate opening, he stepped hard onto the gas pedal, enabling the car to jerk forward fast. Cruising down the streets he let his hand play with the wind.  Enjoying the breeze, he slowed to a stop when a light turned red, as he was waiting for the light to flicker to green he couldn’t help but notice the girl that he had saved. She had her hands up in the sky with her eyes closed, swirling around once she stopped and seem to be inhaling the air deeply. He watched amused as she chuckled to herself, and started on off to her journey again. Just a last night she had almost been and sold off to become a e, yet somehow she didn’t seem affected. He watched her cross the street in front of his car quickly towards the bus stop. She stood there as she waited, staring off into space. He continued to watch her, until the car behind him honked. Staring back to the road he stepped on the pedal.

.

“I’m home,” Dara called out as she walked into the cramped one room apartment, moving to the small coffee table she sat down. Depression started to returned as she eyed bills that were stacking up. Blowing hot air out from her cheeks, she grabbed the doll that was beside her. Picking up the needle she began to work. The short happiness that she had this morning was once again replaced by worry and sadness.

.

“Over here girl, I need to order!” an older man yelled as he waved her over, she bowed to the customer that she just took an order from and ran to the man.

“Sorry ahjusshi, what would you like?”

“I want water, I asked three times already,” he said rudely as he picked his empty cup up and slammed it down. The boss walked over as he apologized to the customer and looked at her with a cut eye, “Sandara can you please get this gentlemen his water?”

Sandara nodded as she quickly ran to the kitchen and pour the man a drink walking quickly back to the plan she gently placed it down, “I’m sorry,” she said. He looked at her and then the water, grabbing the water he took a long drink. Placing it down, he asked for another. Walking quickly to the back again she got him another drink, she walked back to see the customer talking to the boss in an irritated way. When she placed the cup down on the table, the boss beckoned her away. She swiftly went to the side to help another, today wasn’t a good day she could feel it.