Family Time is Fun Time

Learning to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Giggling to yourself, you tapped away on your phone. Your cheeks were tinted witht the lightest shade of pink, your eyes sparkling in the light. You were at school waiting for class to end. It was your last class of the week and your teacher had decided to let everyone do as they pleased. While the other students were busy discussing their plans for the weekend, you were too busy texting a certain somebody. 

 

You and Krystal had grown closer rather quickly and talked each day. Ever since you went to the fair, you couldn't get her off your mind. Just about everything reminded you of her making your face flush red each time. You remember the kiss vividly, remembering the way she held you. Your face turned even redder at the thought. 

 

"Agh, I'm starting to turn into Taeyeon unnie," you whined to yourself. Thinking about the short girl made your heart hurt a bit. How long has it been since I've seen any of them besides Tae? you wondered. Better call them later. 

 

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you didn't hear the bell ring. It was only when a student tapped you on the shoulder did you see that almost everyone left the room. Rushing out a thank you, you bowed and hurried to the door. Well, that was embarrassing, you thought. Shaken your head clear of your embarrassment, you headed to your locker. Notebook? Don't need, no homework. Phone? Check. Jacket? Check. you finished off your mental checklist with a hum of approval. Closing the small compartment, you headed towards the door wondering what you were going to do for the next to days. Your parents were going to be out for the next two weeks and Krystal was busy with her schedules. There is always Yebin, you thought happily. WIth your mind set on your little sister, you headed to your aunt's house with a smile on your face. 

"So, how's school?" your aunt asked you. 

 

You had just gotten there, your uncle opening the door while your aunt was busy cleaning up Yebin's toys. The little girl was taking a nap much to your disappointment. You didn't want to wake her up so you decided to help clean up while waiting. 

 

"It's so hard. There's so much work," you groaned. 

 

She laughed and lightly smacked your arm. "Pabo, you are one of the laziest people I know yet you are the top of your class. You are just like your mother." 

 

"Yah, why do you have to be so mean to me~" you whined and rubbed your arm. 

 

"Oh, stop being a baby," she rolled her eyes, a hint of a smile tugging at her lips. 

 

You huffed and continued cleaning. You loved moments like these. Family time was something you cherished deeply. If only umma and appa were home more, you thought sadly. Shaking your mind clear of those thoughts, you kept cleaning until everything was back in order. 

 

"Done," you said proudly. 

 

"Good. _____, go check up on your sister, okay? I'm gonna get dinner started up," your aunt said before heading to the kitchen. You nodded at her and walked towards the toddler's room. 

 

You opened the door slightly and saw little Yebin sleeping peacefully. She was snoring slightly, her hair was sticking up all over the place. You held in a laugh and walked over to her bed. 

 

"Yebin, wake up. Unnie is here and wanted to say hi~" you cooed softly. 

 

The little girl grumbled and opened one eye. She looked at you and was about to fall back asleep before she opened both her eyes and stared at you. "Unnie!" she squealed out and jumped into your open arms. 

 

You laughed at her late reaction and held her close. "Yebin, you are becoming like a certain unnie, you know that?" you giggled at the thought of the Late Reaction Queen herself. 

 

Yebin stared at you in confusion and tilted her head to one side," Who?" 

 

You giggled again and pecked her forehead. "Unnie will tell you later, okay?" Right now, we have to eat." 

 

Yebin's eyes lit up like it was Christmas. "Food!" 

"Ugh, I'm so full," you moaned. 

 

"I told you not to eat too much," you aunt scolded you. 

 

"But it was so good," you whispered. 

 

Your aunt rolled her eyes and cleaned up the table. Your uncle was facing the same problem as you, his hands holding his stomach. 

 

"So. Full," you heard him groan. 

 

"You two are such pigs," you aunt scolded once more. 

 

You both groaned in response. 

 

Yebin laughed at the sight of the two of you, clapping her hands in amusement. 

 

"Unnie, you look funny," she giggled. 

 

You groaned again. 

 

"Yebin, I think it's time to say goodbye to unnie. You have to get ready for bed soon," your aunt warned. 

 

"But I don't wanna," Yebin whined out. 

 

"Unnie promises to see you again soon, okay?' you said and held out a pinky, forgetting about your previous pain. 

 

"Fine," she grumbled. 

 

"Yebin, if you be good to imo and samchon, unnie will take you to get ice cream next time," you proposed. 

 

Her face immediately lit up again and she nodded furiously. 

 

"Okay!" 

 

"Good, now give unnie a hug and a kiss goodbye." 

 

She did as she was told and was led to her bedroom by your still groaning uncle. You shook your head and smiled before turning your attention back to your aunt. 

 

"Thank you, imo~" you cooed. 

 

"Yah, don't do that. Your aegyo doesn't work on me," your aunt said and pushed your face away. 

 

You laughed and pulled her into a hug. 'I love you imo. See you later." 

 

She smiled warmly at you and hugged you back. "I love you, too. Take care." 

 

You nodded and headed out the front door, waving back at her as you went home. 

You landed face first on your bed and sighed into the soft pillow. Home, sweet home.  

 

Flipping onto your back, you reached into your pocket for your phone. You skimmed through your contacts and tried searching for a certain maknae's number. 
 

"Ah, here it is!" you said victoriously. 

 

You tapped onto the screen and waited for them to pick up.

 

After a few moments, you heard a familiar voice. "Hello?" 

 

"Seohyun unnie!" you squealed in delight. 

 

"Oh, _____ah! How are you? It's been so long!" 

 

After catching up with each other, you two made plans to meet up the next day and hang out. 

 

"I'll pick you up at 12 and we can go to the cafe that we always go to," Seohyun suggested. 

 

You hummed in approval. "Can we go see the others, too? It's been awhile." 

 

"Of course. They all mis you, ya know." 

 

You smiled even though she can't see you. "Ah, then it's settled. I'll see you tomorrow, unnie. Good night~" 

 

"Good night, _____ah. See you later,' she said and hung up. 

 

You squealed again, excited for tomorrow to just come. 

You woke up extra early, too excited from last night. You were able to shower and get ready before the time turned to 11 am. With about an hour left, you decided to check up on Krystal. You called her and waited until you heard her tired voice ring through. 

 

"Hello?" she asked huskily. 

 

"Hey, Krystal unnie. Were you still sleeping?" you asked. 

 

"Yah, didn't I tell you to stop calling me unnie?" 

 

"Sorry, I forgot. It's weird not using honorifics," you whined. 

 

She chuckled at your behavior. "It's okay, _____." 

 

You smiled even though she couldn't see. "Anyways, how are you? Do you have any schedules today?" 

 

"I'm still a bit sleepy. I didn't get back to the dorm until 2 last night. Thankfully, I don't have any schedules until 5. You?" 

 

"I'm meeting up with Seohyun unnie and then we're heading over to her dorm." 

 

"Ah, say hi to them for me. Tell Jessica unnie that we need to talk, if she's even awake when you get there." 

 

"Will do," you giggled. 

 

"I gotta go now, I'll call you later, okay? We can hang out again when I'm done with all my schedules." 

 

You blushed at the thought of hanging out with Krystal. "O-Okay. Bye, Krystal," you said and hung up. 

 

You didn't know how long the two of you were talking but it was long enough for Seohyun to pull up into your driveway. She honked the horn, bringing you back to reality. You scrambled to put your shoes on and hurry out of the house and into her car. 

 

"Hi," you gasped out once you entered. 

 

The older female laughed before saying, "Hello, _____-ah. It's been awhile." 

 

"Unnie, you don't need to use honorifics on me. It feels weird," you whined, knowing now how Krystal felt with honorifics. 

 

"I'm still going to use them no matter what," she said. 

 

You rolled your eyes playfully a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter