First Meetings are Key to a Healthy Relationship

Learning to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. That was all you can hear. That constant, annoying beeping blaring in your ears. 

 

You groaned at the thought of getting out of bed, having lost a few valuable moments of sleep. Trying to find the damned alarm clock, you blindly reached around your bedside table. Your hand brushed upon a cold, rectangular object. Found you, you thought, pushing the button to end that insufferable beeping. 

 

Getting up, you stretched and yawned out your sleepiness. Opening your eyes, you glanced at the clock and saw it read out 6:30 am. Great, you thought, the sun isn't even up, yet I'm awake. You shrugged, not really caring about the time. 

 

Stumbling out of bed, you walked to the kitchen. What should I eat? you wondered. Cereal? No. Pancakes? Had that last time. Waffles? Nope. You groaned again, not wanting any of the food in your fridge. 

 

"Screw it," you muttered out, "I'll just make waffles." 

 

You grabbed the necessary ingredients as well as the waffle iron before setting them onto the counter. You danced around your kitchen, singing and goofing around while cooking. Gotta have some fun every now and then, you thought, 

 

Once you finished making the batter, you poured the mixture onto the iron. You could already smell the waffles cooking, making your stomach grumble and your mouth water. Looking around, you tried to find maybe a letter your parents left for you. They always did, that is, when they were actually home. Your parents would come home late at night and leave early in the morning, depending if they were in the area. They owned their own entertainment industry: S.M. Entertainment. Some days they would be home, other days it might just be one or none. You were used to being home alone most of the time, but you couldn't really blame your parents. You loved them despite not seeing them often, and you knew they loved you just as much. 

 

You caught the scent of something burning, catching you off guard. WIth sudden realization. you looked down, seeing your waffle burning up in the iron. You acted quick, opening the device and pulling the now hardened waffle out. 

 

"Dammit," you sighed. "Good thing it was only one." 

 

Pouring another batch in, you decided to not let your thoughts contro you and just focus on your food. Within ten minutes you had yourself a nice stack of perfectly cooked waffles. You smiled, proud of the fact that you didn't burn any more of your breakfast. 

 

Setting yourself down at the dining table, you started eating. With your phone in one hand and a fork in the other, you scrolled through your various social medias. A familiar ringtone sounded, followed by a buzz, came from your phone. Your mother had texted you and you couldn't help but smile. 

 

"Hello, sweetie," it read, "I hope you're doing well. Your father and I had to stay at a friend's last night. We'll be gone for the rest of the week, I hope you're okay with that." 

 

"It's okay," you wrote back quickly, "I don't mind. Tell dad I said hi and bring me back something if your gonna go to another country!" 

 

You could just feel your mom laughing at you from the other side. "Okay, _____, I'll be sure to buy you something. I love you." 

 

Smiling to yourself, you wrote back a quick "I love you, too", before finishing your breakfast. You checked the time again, noticing you still had plenty of time left before you had to leave for school. You shrugged, wanting to get the basics done before you lost track of the time. Leaving your phone behind, you were about to head back upstairs before you heard a ring and a buzz coming from the table. You looked at your phone in confusion, walking back towards it. Your mother had sent you a text that made your heart drop. 

 

"Oh, _____. I forgot to mention this, but do you remember Krystal Jung? That girl you grew up with? Yes, well, it's been decided and you two will marry when you turn 20. I know you may think it's a long time from now, but two years fly by in a blink of an eye. Your father and I as well as Krystal's parents have arranged for the two of you to meet up. We want you to spend some time with each other, try to get to know one another. Yes, we know, it's been a while since you two have seen each other, but still. Just, try to get to know her, please. She'll pick you up after school, so be prepared. I love you sweetie, have fun and good luck. Tell me how it goes!" 

 

You didn't know how to respond to that. Instead, you just dropped your phone to the table, holding your head in your hands. 

 

What am I supposed to do?! you panicked.  I don't know how to talk to her! I barely know her! What if she doesn't like me? What if she hates me? 

 

You took a deep breath, trying to clear your mind. Sure, you grew up with her, but you lost contact after she debuted with f(x). You two tried to keep in contact, but with hre busy schedules and your studying, you drifted apart. Now to just suddenly be dumped with this information, your mind was slowly starting to shut down. 

 

"I should just go take a shower," you said to yourself. "Yeah, a shower sounds nice. I just gotta clear my mind." 

 

You hurried to your room, grabbing a clean pair of clothes before dashing to the bathroom. You quickly stripped, hopping into the shower stall. You hissed at the cold water, wishing it woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter