My, Oh My

Learning to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello! I just wanted to write a quick update and explain a few things. I know, I know, I said I was going to put up the next update later, but I firgured why not. I had a free day today and I wanted to do something. I also know that I just meant for this to be a teaser for the full story, but I'll just update the actual story here instead of making a new one. I figured why not, you know? I plan on having this be around 12 chapters, maybe it'll be shorter or longer; I don't really know yet. Next update might be over the weekend, so look forward to that! 

 

Anyays, I'll let you go and read the second chapter now. Enjoy!

 

-Jae 

You watched the clouds float by slowly, trying to make out shapes. The soft grass underneath your body was tickling you, but you didn't mind it. The fresh, cool air billowing around you helped clear your mind free of some of the worries swirling inside. The birds were flying high above, dancing with one another. If only I could be that free, you thought sadly. 

 

Its been a few hours- maybe two or three, you weren't sure- since you and Krystal had talked. After your rather serious conversation, she had offered you a ride home. Filled with the slightest bit of hesitation, you accepted and followed her outside. The car was almost completely silent, save for when you had to give her directions to your house. You sneaked in a glance at her every now and then, trying to take in her image. You noticed the little things like her eyes, nose, lips. You stopped yourself after that. You knew Krystal was doing the same to you, yet a bit more discreetly. You couldn't help feel a bit self conscious, trying to shrink into your seat. Upon arrival, you had asked if she wanted to come inside. She politely declined, saying she had to visit her sister. You nodded and watched as she drove off into the distance. 

 

Now here you are, lying in your backyard, staring holes into the fluffy clouds above. Your mind kept going back to Krystal's question. 

 

"What if we don't have feelings for each other?" 

 

You didn't know what to think about it. You didn't know how to feel about it. 

 

"What am I gonna do?" you muttered to yourself, shielding your eyes from the sun. "What can I do?" 

 

Before you could bury yourself further into your thoughts, your phone buzzed from your pocket. Confused, you pulled it out only to see your aunt had sent you a text.

 

"Hello, _____! How was school today? I just wanted to let you know that little Yebin wants to see you, its been awhile since you came by. Do you have any free time soon?" 

 

You smiled to yourself, thinking about Yebin. You little sister made everything better. You sent out a quick reply, saying you'll drop by in a few minutes. Your aunt wasted no time on sending you a "Come here soon! Be safe!". You smiled again, stuffing your phone into your back pocket before setting out. 

 

Even though your parents had more than enough money to buy you a car, you always prefered to travel by bike or foot. "Maybe Seohyunnie is getting to me," you said, laughing. She was always concerned about your well-being, telling you to follow a healthy diet to live longer. It was just the way she is. It's been some time since I've seen Seohyunnie. Actually, its been almost 3 months since I've seen any of the unnies. Maybe I'll call them later, you thought as you biked off. 

Pulling up at your aunt's house you set your bike on the side of the house; away from potential thieves. Walking up to the front door, you could hear the muffled voices of your aunt and sister. Smiling widely, you knocked on the door, excited to see your little baby sister. 

 

"Coming!" sounded a deep voice. Moments later, the door had opened to reveal the slightly aging face of your uncle. 

 

"Samchon!" you exlcaimed, bringing him into a hug. 

 

The older man blinked to himself before hugging you back. "_____!" he laughed out, "how ya doin' kiddo?" 

 

"I'm fine," you giggled. "How are you and imo?" 

 

"We're doing okay. Please, come inside." 

 

You ducked under your uncle's arm, taking off your shoes in the process. 

 

"Honey!" a new voice said, "who was at the door?" 

 

"I am!" you shouted back, heading towards the voice. You ran into the living room, seeing your aunt with Yebin. Your aunt was cleaning up some of the toys that Yebin wasn't playing with. 

 

"Imo!" you screamed again, running up to her. 

 

"_____! Oh, it's so good to see you again!" she yelled back, hugging you closely. 

 

You felt a tug on your pants, hands trying to pull you down to the ground. "Unnie!" a high pitched voice laughed out, "unnie, unnie, unnie!" 

 

You let go of your aunt, reaching down to pick up your sister. She squealed, holding onto you tightly as you spun around, planting kisses all over her cheeks. "Yebin! Unnie missed you so much~" you cooed at her. The little girl giggled and hugged you again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter