04. a rainy thursday

Dreamers.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next few days seemed eerily quiet. When you closed your eyes to drift off into your dream world, no longer are you transported into the garden house you’ve come to love. You’d go to sleep, seeing nothing but darkness, and wake up the next morning discombobulated. Other times you had visions in your sleep, but they were often unintelligible and left you confused. You now had the regular human experience.. 

 

 And you felt liberated.

 

 Your chest felt lighter, the entire week it had rained but you hadn’t had cared. You were free and unmonitored, although you were now truly alone. No friends, no family, and no angels. You made up in your mind that you would have more time now. The angels almost constantly spelled out the dangers in confiding in anyone but them- but now you had time to explore.

 

 Often times you see a head of blonde hair and think back to Taeyeon’s majestic platinum locks. An idol’s bright eyesmile would only bring back memories of Tiffany. And almost everything made you think back to Seohyun, even a polite ‘Hello’ would make you picture her face. However you decided not to dwell, doing that would only bring tears to your face and the last thing you wanted to do was crawl back to them.

 

 You just any other person now, you were how everyone saw you, quiet. That was until that faithful Thursday were had once again returned to your regular café as you do ever morning that you had classes. Those Miss A chicks had completely disappeared, or at least you were fortunate enough to not see them around campus. ..or them not see you

 

 The sky was a cold gray, the sun peered through the clouds, but they were gradually pulling together for yet another morning shower. Of the constant showers that came every day. The day appeared like another other- as normal as your days were. You clicked rapidly on your MacBook, eager to finish an incomplete paper that was due that evening.

 

 Another ring echoed through the café as another person entered through the glass door entrance. But this one in particular seemed to catch your attention. It sounded much louder and didn’t blend in to the background between to pings of glass cups and calm chatter. You glanced up briefly from your computer screen, curious of who it was.

 

 The air stood still and became considerably colder as the woman entered. Her sleek model-esque body was covered in a conservative business suit. The Gucci sunglasses that sat on her face and the gold jewelry that decorated her body gave her an intimidating edge, the kind of business-woman you wouldn’t want to mess with. The girl adjusted her peach designer bag to her arm, flipping her curled brown hair to the side. She seemed almost out of place in a hipster café such as this one.

 

 The women walked to the back of the line that lead to the front camera. Her head shot everywhere, looking for something in particular. You could tell that the woman was getting frustrated by the way that she roughly folded her shades and placed them into her bag. Your chest tightened when you saw her face, you knew that girl.

 

 There was only one girl that you knew with such a hostile yet attractive gaze, it was your junior high crush, Jessica Jung. 

 

 Taking another good look at the female, she had grown into her own really well. No longer was her body awkwardly lanky and fruitless. She appeared almost inhuman now. Her brown eyes were still hard with passion, and staring you down at the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter